Losing My Mind

Oleh RachiieRIOT

'Music gave me the reason to escape.... That was until I met you.' Ryleigh loved heavy metal rock music and u... Lebih Banyak

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
1 and a half years later...
Authors Note
Coming Soon...
Ryleigh & Rory's life part 2
Sneak Preview: Losing My Life, Chapter 1

Chapter 56

7 0 0
Oleh RachiieRIOT

It's Saturday. The music videos and tracks were all released last night at midnight Pacific standard time. Ryleigh didn't want to know what anyone was saying, so she kept her phone in her Jean pocket as long as she could. So although she was eager to hear from Rory, it'll have to wait.

She met with Marcus for her final coaching session yesterday afternoon. She tried to be upbeat because everything was being filmed, but she was mostly saddened because this was finally coming to an end.

Ryleigh knew that she had grown new perspectives into qualities of herself that she had formerly doubted. When she was writing and performing, Marcus always encouraged her to go the extra mile, express her creativity and let go of any feelings of hate, love, or rage.

'Ryleigh, would you say this had been an unusual change in your life?' Marcus asks.

She nods. 'I think this has been the best thing that ever happened to me...' Even though it took her a while to realise it—almost when she was in her 20s—she didn't want the life she thought was the only one. Not since she arrived in LA; everything changed. '...It has been challenging, but all I can do is keep moving forward and not look back.' She went on.

'You've come a long way for someone who has never performed to now being in the final. But, I must say, working with you has been wonderful, and I can't wait to see you play.' Marcus says, and her eyes begin to water.

'I appreciate everything. I'm honoured that you selected me to join your team.'

He opened his arms, and she accepted his warm embrace while channelling her inner 14-year-old fan girl who was screaming with joy.

'You got this.' He whispers as he lets go and winks at her.

Ryleigh began to think of him as a friend rather than a big fan of his band and music. But, whatever the outcome, she will always be able to get in touch with Marcus, who will support her in everything she does.

•·················•·················•

The rehearsal in the afternoon was going well. Everything on stage, from the lights to the special effects, was perfect for the live show ahead.

After rehearsal, she sat in her dressing room, prepared for her first song of the night. Then, she took a quiet moment to study herself in the mirror. Nearly 12 weeks ago, a shy, insecure 28-year-old would never have imagined sitting there being the final 3 of a TV show, and she would have watched at home. Even meeting new friends and finding love was an unexpected turn of events.

However, each song she wrote and produced was a great accomplishment in her new career. It started to feel surreal that this was coming to an end.

Kelsie popped by her dressing room wearing the dress she got her. All the colours of a mermaid shimmer her curves elegantly. Even Ryleigh couldn't stop looking.

'Wow, look at you.' Ryleigh complimented.

'It's the final for a special occasion.' Kelsie replies, all confident and flirty.

'You look good in it.'

'I'm calling it my lucky dress.' Kelsie grinned at her, and Ryleigh played with the string of her jacket.

'I'm really nervous.' Ryleigh mumbled and wished Rory was here to calm her down.

Kelsie grabbed her hands. 'You'll be amazing.' Ryleigh squeezes back and then hugs her.

She realised that Rory hadn't been in touch with her or even sent her a good luck text, and then she heard a knock on a door.

'Can we come in?' Elliot said, and Ashton followed behind. She nodded. 'We thought we'd wish you luck for the final.'

'Thank you, guys and best of luck to you too.'

'I admit you all surprised us.' Ashton says, 'Is it all an act?' He mocked her.

'Cheeky sod, no!' And they laughed. Once they stopped, she thought and asked. 'Daft question, but have any of you heard from Rory?'

'No, but I do need to tell you they want you side stage for soundcheck again. We've already been.' Elliot tells her.

'Oh, Ok.' She got off her chair and made her way to the side stage.

She looked around, trying to find the assistant who sorts the microphones.

'Psst.' She hears and sees a man whose eyes are hidden by a black cap.

'Me?' When she responds, he nods and invites her to come over. But, even as she draws nearer, she cannot identify him.

'I couldn't wish you good luck by text.' He lifted his head and gazed at her. She recognised his eyes. Ryleigh gasped and leapt into his arms. Rory's right; texting and calling are not the same as connecting to someone in person.

'How did you get here?'

'Josh and Kelsie, let me in.' She grinned happily, 'I've heard your songs. They're amazing.'

'Thanks. I'm glad you're here. I've been pretty nervous about the video, the songs-.'

'Hey, you're going to do great.' Rory interrupts her. She looks around to see if the area is clear.

'Are you going to give me a good luck kiss? I think I deserve one?'

He does a corner smile. 'I would, but I brought your number one fan.' He steps to one side to see a tiny person standing beside him.

'Ryleigh!' She called out.

'Layla.' She yelped and went to hug her.

'Good luck.'

'Aww, thank you.' She went back up to Rory's height. He wanted to kiss her, but Layla was very young and wouldn't understand keeping it a secret.

'We'll be watching.' Rory takes Layla's hand and makes their way into the audience. With his other hand, he grabbed Ryleigh's hand and held it til he had to let go. Everything is 10 times better now that he is there.

Elliot went first, excited the crowd, and she was next to take the stage. Everything she worked up to, this is her last chance to prove once and for all that this is her time to win. She walks onto the pitch-black stage with the spotlight on her and waits to be counted in.

Her lyrics scream the idea of a monster in her head, implying that she had no control over what she could do with her life. It was always bringing her down, telling her to be safe, even if you are miserable. She admits hiding all the happiness, all the bullshit; she had to convince herself that she didn't need to change.

She also confesses having a broken heart when she had to let her ex-fiance go, but it was the right thing to do. But now she is ready to knock all the walls down of her supposed kingdom and take the crown to the throne where it belongs.

The guitar riff got heavy, and the drums beat hard in her eardrums, with the lyrics that hurt her but made her feel better, finally releasing the anger that she had built up all over the years. Ryleigh held onto the last note and, while lifting her head, stayed there for a little bit, and it all went quiet.

The judges gave her a standing ovation as the crowd clapped for her and stood to applause. She dreamt about this one night and thought it'd never happen. Then, after what felt like 5 minutes of cheering, the judges sat back down, and she tried to look for Rory, but no luck.

'Ryleigh, Ryleigh, Ryleigh. WHAT?' Marcus says to her, 'How do you do it?' It made everyone laugh. 'You know how to grab people's attention without overdoing it. This is a fantastic track and fantastic vocals. All of it was fantastic.'

Everyone applauds and she mouths "Thank you" to him.

'Every time you perform, it's always something different, something unique to it. And it has just been...wow each time.' Aimee says. After that, she makes her way off stage.

In the green room, Ryleigh spent some time unwinding while Kelsie supported and encouraged her from the sidelines. Her body became buzzing with energy as this song reshaped her, giving her confidence before she gained her greatest feat: belief.

She was ready for round two.

Her final song of the evening was personal and focused on taking the next step in moving forward with someone. She hopes he likes it. Ryleigh gets called back onto the stage and stands by the keyboard in pitch black.

She hears the crowd's nose faint away and presses the keys on the piano to start. The lights were dim enough to make a silhouette of her, and the crowd were quiet and tuning in. She plays the sequence Rory had taught her.

The song's flow builds up as the rest of the band joins in. As soon as it happens, she walks away from the keyboard and moves to the centre of the stage, the lights are fully on, and she can already hear the shouts coming her way.

She reads aloud to him, almost like a poem, telling him not to be ashamed of his scars. Then, while they flee together, she relieves his suffering and stands by his side during his battles.

She's coming home: to his arms and into a new life, a future that she doesn't want to miss. His past doesn't change her mind about who he is now, and his touch and love will keep her safe.

The atmosphere was different with this song, and the crowd could feel it as she made it simple for them to sing along. When she finished, they cheered her on again, and the judges gave her another standing ovation.

'Oh my god, you seem to take something and go out with 110 per cent each time. It gives me chills.' Bruce comments. Ryleigh tried to look for Rory again, but still no luck. Never mind, she thought.

After Ashton played his second song, the TV show went for a break. Then, finally, they were all in the green room, and all the previous contestants came through the door. Ester grabbed onto Ryleigh.

'Oh my god, that was amazing!' She said.

'Ester! Thank you.' She squeaked. Ryleigh then said hello to everyone who was there. Then, in the back of the room, she saw Rory with his hands in the pockets of his overtired leather jacket.

'Hey, beautiful.' He says.

'Hey, you.' Ryleigh looks around for his little girl. 'Where's Layla?'

'She's with the nanny being cared for. She's had too much fun tonight.' He smiles along with her. 'That was amazing, by the way. You're a true-born performer.'

'Rory, stop. You're making me blush.' She says while going crimson red.

'I see the winner right in front of me.' Rory says, and she buries her head into his shoulder, still blushing.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

5K 108 24
Natalie Wright, a college student, hasn't had an easy life. Emotionally and physically. Her one and only safe haven is music, the kind of soul shakin...
352K 10K 97
He's been my best friend for years, but that spark has always been there. We tried dating once before while I was in college, but we crashed and burn...
649 67 76
17-almost-18-year-old Ezra Thompson is tired of two things. First, is constant chatter about Dilemma, an all-boy rock band, led by the supposedly-dre...
195 3 15
Everyone's got something they can't let go of. Nate and Xia. Xia and Nate. That's how it's always been. Xia writes the songs, Nate sings them. He cou...