Her White Wolf

By Mich2992

As the universe began to recover from The Blip, it was an entirely new kind of journey for James Barnes. He w... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Thirty-Four

141 10 2
By Mich2992

Steve's thoughts were scattered but pleasant as he took his morning run through the countryside of Wakanda. Grant was doing so well; he was crawling early and, on the move already. He was keeping them all on their toes, but he was grateful that they were all getting more sleep, especially Cleo.

He rounded a corner and was about to take off on another stretch when he felt his phone ring in his pocket. He slowed his pace, taking a few breaths before he pulled it out. Sam. He raised the phone to his ear.

"Hey Sam," he greeted, and the tone of his friend's voice immediately made his brows furrow. "What's up?"

"Hey Cap," Sam greeted. "I uh... do you have time for a visit? I have something I want to talk to you about. In person."

"Wow, in person... no one's dead, right?" Steve asked. "You want me to come there, or do you want to come here?"

Sam chuckled. "No one is dead. But it's something that would be better said in person. I know you. I can come there."

"You can meet Grant," Steve said with a small smile, resting his hand on his hip. "I'll see you when you get here. Just give me an ETA when you have one."

"Sure," Sam replied. "Plus, I have something for the little guy, so that will work."

"Alright. I'll see you soon," Steve replied before hanging up. He exhaled heavily, narrowing his eyes on the distance for a moment as he slipped his phone back into his pocket. "In person... hmm," he pondered before he took off running again back home.

As he walked back in the house, he used the bottom of his shirt to wipe the sweat off of his face. He smiled then as his eyes settled on Bucky and Grant. "He's gonna outrun us before too long," he remarked, watching the boy crawl.

James looked up, his eyes darting to the visible abs of Steve Rogers. Then looked down as Grant crawled to him. "He's already trying to pull up on things."

"Hey buddy," Steve greeted the young boy as he made his way to him, lowering himself onto his knees. "He'll be walking before he's a year old; I know it." Once Grant got to him, the blonde man picked him up to give him a hug.

"Sam's on his way here," he shared as he rose from his knees. "Says he has something he needs to talk to me about... in person."

James furrowed his brow as he stood from the floor. "I don't know if I like the sound of that."

"I don't either," Steve admitted with a heavy sigh. "But no one's dead, so... see the plus side, maybe?"

"If Sam is coming here, it's something," James mused.

"I know," Steve replied, shaking his head. "But at least I didn't have to leave. You know I don't like having to do that."

James chuckled as he wrapped one arm around Steve. "I know you don't."

Steve had been lucky lately; he hadn't been called on by the US government for any missions for them and the meetings had been less frequent. It was a nice reprieve. "I just want to be here with you guys," he smiled, turning to place a kiss on Bucky's cheek.

"We want you here too," James murmured before quickly grasping Steve's strong chin to turn his head and place a kiss to his lips. "All of us do."

Steve's smile grew with the kiss and glanced across into Bucky's eyes. "It's good to be wanted," he replied. Grant wiggled in his arms and chuckled softly. "I should probably get in a quick shower. Sam's leaving soon, I'm sure."

"It's about time for Grant's nap... if you want, you could help me put him down and... I could join you?" he asked. James was feeling bold today. "Our girl won't be home until this afternoon. She had a few surgeries to perform today."

Steve's smile grew as he nodded. "That sounds great," he replied, leaning in to kiss Bucky again before he turned and kissed Grant's head. "Let's get you to sleep, buddy."

"He likes to sleep with the music player that Shuri made," James commented as he followed Steve up the stairs.

"I'm sure it reads his brain waves or something like that," Steve said with a soft chuckle as they reached the boy's room. He moved over to the crib and laid Grant down as James turned on the music player. "We love you, pal."

James leaned against the door. "I'd check his diaper before he falls asleep. I'll go get the water on, in the shower," he said softly.

"Will do," Steve replied, glancing back to the door to give the other man a smile before he went about the task of checking Grant's diaper. He decided to change him and once that was done, he put the baby back down in the crib to fall asleep.

Quietly, he closed the door before making his way down the hall to the bedroom, shedding his shirt as he entered.

In the large bathroom, James had shed his shirt, his shorts resting low on his hips as he bent over to adjust the temperature of the shower's water. It'd been a while since they'd had any true alone time together.

As he heard Steve's stepping into the other room, he smirked. "Did you grab one of the monitors?"

"Yep. What is it, my first day?" Steve replied with a smirk of his own as he headed for the bathroom. He leaned against the door frame to take in the scene, heat rising in his body. "Hey handsome."

James stood upright and looked over his shoulder. "Hey, yourself."

Steve walked further into the bathroom, pushing his running shorts down from his hips to kick them off. "Those shorts are barely staying on..."

Eyeing Steve's already partially erect cock, James couldn't help but to smirk. He enjoyed what he did to him. "Oh, really?" he questioned.

"Yeah... all I have to do is," Steve said before he barely tugged on Bucky's shorts to make them fall from his hips.

James chuckled softly as he rested one hand on Steve's hip. "Should we... get any supplies?" he asked.

"Grab whatever you want," Steve encouraged, playfully slapping Bucky's ass. "I just need your mouth and your cock today, I think."

"Oh?" James smiled as steam began to fill the room. "What do I get?"

"My mouth, my cock and whatever else you want," Steve answered, opening the shower door before he stepped in.

James licked his lips as he watched Steve get his hair wet under the spray of water. "Do you want me to get something for us to warm up with? I can get the water-safe lube."

"Sure," Steve said, tossing his head as the water cascaded over him, letting it run down over his sculpted muscles.

It didn't take James long to find a couple of toys and lube in the bedroom before returning to the bathroom. He stepped into the shower and shut the glass door before he kissed Steve's shoulder.

Steve turned to watch as the water covered his lover before he stepped in closer to him, daring to catch his lips feverishly.

James moaned, still holding everything in both of his hands as he wrapped his arms around Steve's neck. "Someone's excited," he breathed.

"It's been a little while," Steve remarked, giving Bucky a cheeky grin before he kissed him deeply again, his hands moving over the other man's hips to his ass.

"I know," James moaned in reply, unable to stop himself from grinding himself against his lover. "I've been wanting you too."

A shiver moved up Steve's spine at the sensation of his cock rubbing against Bucky's. He reached for the other man's hips and pulled him in more tightly against him. "You seem pretty eager too, Sarge..."

"Yes," he groaned. He bent his head to bite down on Steve's shoulder.

Steve let out a pleasured sound as his lover's teeth sank into his skin. "Leaving love bites?" he asked with a smile, slapping Bucky's ass.

"Mmm, you know you like it," he purred.

"I do," Steve nearly growled as he grabbed Bucky's ass with both hands, spreading the cheeks.

James rested his hands on Steve's hips, barely holding onto what he'd brought into the shower with him. "Damn baby..."

"Yeah?" Steve breathed. "You like that?" he asked before he stepped forward to push Bucky back against the shower wall.

"Yes... god, yes."

With one hand, Steve reached between them and took the other man's cock into his hand, slowly stroking it as he kissed Bucky deeply, moaning against his mouth.

James moaned into his mouth, rolling his hips with Steve's strokes. His tongue swirled around Steve's, grunting as he felt him run his thumb over the head of his cock.

Steve's breath caught as he felt Bucky's touch and he pressed into the other man's hand. "You feel so good..." he breathed, quickening his strokes.

"So do you," he breathed in reply. "But I'd love to have more."

"What more do you want?" Steve asked, finding the items Bucky had brought with him in the other man's hand. "You brought some options..."

James grinned. "You choose. Whatever you want, I'll take it."

Steve stepped back a bit before blindly choosing from his lover's hand. He pulled out a slim dildo, perfect for warming up. His smile grew. "I like getting to bend you over," he said with a husky quality to his voice.

James flushed, slowly stroking his cock. "I love it too."

"I'll get the lube, you get comfortably bent over," Steve said, finding the lube in James's free hand. He stepped back a little again as he put the lube onto the dildo and watched his partner.

Biting his lip, James turned and faced away from Steve before bringing one leg up to rest on the bench that sat on one side of the large shower. He arched his back and looked over his shoulder, watching Steve's eyes darken.

Steve grinned from ear to ear as his eyes scanned Bucky's hard body. He was strong, so masculine. "This is a great angle for you," he told his lover as he reached out his hand, trailing a finger between the other man's ass cheeks before resting on his tight opening.

James grunted softly, his eyes closing for a moment. The water washed over them both just enough to keep the chill out of the small room, only making James' skin light up further. He kept looking over his shoulder, watching as Steve licked his lips. "So you like me like this?" he asked.

Steve nodded in reply. "What's not to like?" he replied as he pressed his finger against the puckered entrance and slipped in just the tip.

"Oh..." James bit his bottom lip.

Steve nearly chuckled deep in his chest. "That sound for just that little bit? I can't wait to hear when it sounds like when you take me..." He lightly pushed his finger further inside and held it there before he pulled it out to rub the lubricated dildo against his entrance.

"It's been a while," James retorted with a slight growl. He looked back at Steve, his eyes dark with lust.

Steve met the man's eyes as he pressed the dildo gently and it began to enter Bucky. He moved slowly but with gentle pressure, listening eagerly.

"Steve..." James moaned.

"Shit..." Steve nearly hissed, the sound of his name making his cock twitch. "You're taking so much," he said approvingly as he felt Bucky's ass warming up.

James moaned and he pressed back against the toy before pulling away, wanting it to move. "Stevie... Steve baby please don't tease."

"Okay, okay..." Steve said before he began to pulse the toy in and out. He started slowly but as he felt Bucky backing into it he began to pump faster.

"Oh... fuck..." James dropped his head and let Steve take charge of the toy. He could feel the slim toy slide in and out of his body, practically making his toes curl.

Steve nearly growled in his chest as he began vigorously fucking his lover with the toy. "Let me know when you want more, bi guy..." g guy."

James panted, wishing he had something to grip onto besides the slick tile wall. "You," he moaned. "All of you... as deep as you can go..."

Those were the words Steve was longing to hear. He gently pulled the dildo out of Bucky's ass before he once again found the lube. "Shit, I'm so hard," he groaned as he stroked himself a few times. Once he was sure he was lubed enough, he turned to take Bucky's hips into his hands and lined himself up, at first just pressing the tip in.

James gasped, his hands gripping at the tile. "Jesus... Stevie."

At his name, Steve pressed his hips and began to push himself slowly inside on his lover, head dropping to Bucky's wet back. "Oh my god, you're so tight, it feels so good..."

As he felt Steve wrap one arm around him and rest on his chest, James gripped his hand in his. "So good," he whined.

Slowly, Steve unevenly exhaled as he bottomed out. His hand gripped at the other man's chest before he began to pull out and slowly thrust forward.

James moaned, his eyes closing in pleasure. "God, yes..."

"Fuck," Steve murmured under his breath as his full length filled his partner again. "You feel so good..."

James pressed his head against the tile with a low groan. "Fill me Stevie... as much as you can."

With a bigger thrust of his hips, Steve filled Bucky the rest of the way and waited only a moment before he began to thrust more vigorously.

"Oh shit... oh fuck, yes!" James cried, gripping Steve's hand harshly. "Don't stop!"

Steve grunted with each thrust, his chest and face reddening. He gripped the other man's hips harder and slammed his own in them, the sound of skin against skin filling the small room.

The water only made James' body heat up further as he widened his leg slightly, still balancing on the shelf. "Stevie!" He moaned.

Steve's thrusts increased and he felt a distinct tightness begin to form in his belly and between his legs. "Shit, I can't hold on much longer..." he warned.

"Come on big man," James encouraged. "Fill me up... fill me so much that I leak for days," he moaned.

The blood in Steve's veins was hot like fire as he pistoned his hips. He grunted as he felt his jaw clench and after just another moment, he climaxed in great release, moaning loudly.

James moaned, pressing back against Steve's hips as one hand reached to stroke his cock. "God... I'm close," he grunted.

"Let me get that," Steve said almost breathlessly, keeping himself fully inside of his lover as he reached around Bucky to take over vigorously stroking his hardened cock.

"Oh my god..." James moaned. He pushed back against Steve, loving just how deep his lover was inside of him.

"Come for me, baby," Steve nearly begged, his hand working as fast as he could as he pressed his hips in one more time.

James grunted and his body trembled as black briefly clouded his vision. "Fuuuuuck." He could feel his legs shake as he came the hardest he could ever remember, costing Steve's hand and hitting the tile wall with his seed.

"Yes," Steve hissed, the warm liquid on his hand arousing in itself. He milked Bucky's cock for all he had before he pulled his hand back and carefully guided himself out of the other man, wrapping an arm around him to hold him steady.

Breathing harshly, James turned and looked at Steve. "That was..."

"I know," Steve agreed, keeping his partner close to him.

James dropped his leg and turned to Steve to kiss him softly. "I love you, big man."

Steve returned the kiss and held him close. "I love you too," he replied adoringly.

"God... I feel worn out for once..."

Steve chuckled. "You can lay down, big guy. I'm gonna get ready for Sam."

James nodded. "Let's... clean up first."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Once they'd cleaned up, Steve saw to it that Bucky was comfortably resting before he went about lightly picking up the house. Sam wasn't one to judge, and it wasn't as if the place was dirty.

He made his way to the palace then, knowing he'd meet Sam there and he spent some time with the King before his friend arrived.

"Always arriving in style, huh?" Steve greeted.

Sam laughed as he stepped off the ramp of the Quinjet and reached out to hug Steve. "You know it!"

Steve hugged the other man back before stepping back and gesturing towards the palace. "Do you want to talk here, or do you want to see our house first?" he asked.

"We can talk wherever you're most comfortable," Sam told him.

"Home it is then," he said, patting his friend on the back. "There's a car downstairs. It'll get us there faster than walking." As he led the way, he glanced back at Sam. "I'm not sure when Cleo will be back from work, but Buck is home with Grant."

Sam smiled brightly. "We were all surprised when you decided to have a family," he admitted. "A good surprise."

"It wasn't an easy decision... maybe it should have been," Steve replied. "But after... everything, it felt like time to stop putting things off."

"I'm happy to see you happy," Sam replied. "That's what matters."

"I am happy," Steve affirmed, getting into the car once they reached it. He drove the distance to their home quickly and once they were there, he waited for Sam before walking toward the house.

"Looks like Cleo's home," he noted as they moved up the front stairs once they reached the house. "You'll get to meet the whole family."

Sam chuckled and nodded. "I can't wait."

Steve gave the door a knock before he opened it to announce their arrival. "Hey everyone, look who I just found at the palace," he said before he allowed Sam to enter.

Inside, Cleo sat at the table beside Grant, who was eating a snack, and James on her other side.

"Hi, you must be Sam," she greeted with a bright smile. "Steve has said only great things about you."

James turned and greeted Sam with a nod. They hadn't had the best of introductions years ago.

"You must be Cleo," Sam greeted in kind. "It's nice to meet you."

"And you remember Bucky," Steve said, gesturing towards the other man beside Cleo.

"And this is our little handful," Cleo added as Grant began to babble loudly.

"Beautiful kid," Sam nodded. "Hey Buck."

"Sam," James nodded once more.

"Why don't we go talk on the terrace?" Steve suggested, gesturing towards the French doors that led out to their patio. "You can stay for dinner. Cleo is a hell of a cook."

"Sure," Sam agreed as he turned and followed Steve outside. He looked out over Wakanda, feeling calmness wash over him. "I see why you love it here."

Steve smiled fondly as he too looked out over the gorgeous view of the land. "Sure is a lot different than the States, huh? No place like this in New York or DC..."

"It's a lot different," Sam agreed. He sat on a lounge chair and looked over at Steve fondly. "You look... different."

Steve sat beside his friend and raised his brow. "Different? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" he asked with a chuckle. "To be honest... I feel different."

"It's a good thing. Domestic life looks good on you. Both of you," he replied.

"Bucky's come a long way. I guess we both have." Steve took a moment to glance back through the doors at Bucky and Cleo, still sitting at the table with Grant. He sighed then. "But I have a feeling my professional life is about to get complicated?" he asked, turning his blue eyes back to Sam.

"Only if you let it," Sam countered. "But... the government has started something. Since you're not in action much, they think there should be a new Captain America. There's no serum this time but..." Sam bent down and took a tablet out of his bag and offered it to Steve. "His name is John Walker."

Steve sat up a little as he furrowed his brows. A new Captain America? He took the tablet from Sam and scrolled through the file as his brain began to whir. "Military record is spotless..." he murmured as he stopped on a photo of the man. "Same blonde hair and blue eyes I see..."

"The same image that they like," Sam nodded. "But I don't like the guy. I was in a meeting with him."

"What didn't you like?" Steve asked. He trusted Sam's judgment.

"He's arrogant, self-centered, and it's all about him," Sam said. "He says he's going to be 'the best Captain America he can be' but I'm not buying it."

Those qualities didn't sit well with Steve. It was about being a good man, not just a good soldier. His jaw set a little as he handed back the tablet to Sam. "Can I meet him? Do you think the people in charge would be okay with that?" he asked. "I assume they want me to just take this and shut up..."

"I came here to make sure that you would know," Sam told him. "He... he has the spare shield. One of yours."

That drew Steve's direct gaze, brows furrowed. "Those don't belong to the government. Tony made those for me," Steve insisted, though he knew it wasn't Sam who needed telling. "I'm not just gonna give it to someone."

"I know Steve, I know. If Tony was here, he would have never let it happen."

Steve heaved a sigh and shook his head. "I'm gonna get it back. They can take the title from me, but those shields are mine." He smoothed his hands over his face. "I'm gonna have to go to DC."

"I'll stand with you," Sam said with a nod.

"Me too," James replied, startling both men. He'd stepped out onto the deck.

Steve's head shot back as he heard Bucky's voice and he held the other man's eyes, a sadness in his own. "I take it you heard all that?" he asked.

"Hard not to."

Steve stood up out of his chair and turned to face his partner more directly. "You want to take a trip to DC?" he asked.

"Till the end of the line, Stevie. We just need to keep Cleo and Grant safe," he replied.

"Wakanda might be the safest place in the world for them to be," Steve noted. Not just anyone could come into Wakanda.

James sighed as he looked at them through the window, feeling his chest tighten. "I hate leaving them."

"I won't be for long... I hope," Steve replied, feeling the same discomfort he was sure Bucky was feeling. "I just need to meet this guy and get my shield back."

"I'm with you," James promised.

Steve turned to Sam then. "How soon can you get me a meeting?" he asked, his square jaw set.

"I can make a call," Sam replied.

"Make it," Steve said with a sure nod. He swallowed against the sourness he felt building at the back of his throat. "We... need to talk to Cleo."

James reached to place a hand on Steve's shoulder. "She went to give Grant a bath."

Steve puffed out his cheeks as his hands rested on his hips. He nodded wordlessly, a number of feelings stirring inside his chest. "I, uh..." he said as he exhaled. "I think I, I just... I need a minute..."

"Take your time," James said softly, removing his hand.

"I'll go make that call," Sam said quietly as he stood and walked off the deck and into the backyard.

"Thank you," Steve replied before he, too, moved off the deck but in the opposite direction of Sam. He breathed slowly as he walked, his mind buzzing. An ache started in his chest, dull at first but it built until it felt nearly like he was crushed.

His feet stopped as he felt himself struggle to breathe and he forced a deep a breath as he could get. If I'm not Captain America... how do I just be Steve Rogers?

Watching Steve, James became concerned. He stepped off the deck and walked over to him before facing him. "Stevie? Can you hear me?"

Steve bent at the waist and rested his hands on his knees. "I'm here..." he breathed unevenly, shaking his head. "I...I just... I'm sorry..."

"You're having a panic attack," James told him. He dropped to his knees. "Come down here with me."

Steve did as he was told, dropping himself down onto his knees as his hands settled there to keep himself from doubling over. He didn't try to talk and instead focused only on breathing. He didn't realize how much his body was shaking as he looked at Bucky with reddened eyes.

"I... I'm Captain America..." he finally stammered hopelessly.

"Yes, you are," James said assuredly. "You always will be."

Steve's shoulders heaved as he caught his breath. He shook his head again. "After everything... haven't...". He dropped his head for a moment before looking across at Bucky again. "Haven't I given them enough?" The government had created Captain America... he supposed they could take it back too. Hell, they'd done it to him before, made him a criminal for not falling in line.

"We'll talk to them," James told him. "This isn't right. They're acting like you've died."

"I'm not their perfect picture anymore," Steve said. "Not under their thumb. A good man... not just a good soldier."

"You have the right to have a life, Steve. To retire," James said softly.

"Maybe Steve does... but Captain America doesn't," he replied with a shake of his head.

James gently wiped Steve's tears, cupping the man's face with both hands. "You are both. No one can take it away from you."

Steve leaned his face into Bucky's flesh hand. "I won't let them," he said quietly, though there was determination in his voice.

"I won't leave your side," James added. "I promise."

"They've hurt you too, Buck... are you sure you want to go back into a room with them?" Steve asked sincerely. The government had labeled Bucky a criminal too. He could understand wanting the distance from them.

Bucky nodded as he leaned in and kissed him softly. "Till the end of the line," he told him. "Always and forever."

"'Till the end of the line," Steve echoed, leaning into the man's large frame with his own for another few moments before sitting up and back. He took a few more slow, deep breaths before nodding. "I'm okay..."

James rested both hands on Steve's knees. "Take your time."

Steve did just that and took the time to ensure he was steady before he began to slowly push himself to his feet. "Do I look a mess?" he asked, smoothing his hand over his face once to be sure all of the tears were gone. Glancing back over his shoulder, he saw Sam standing back on the patio and he sighed. "I didn't want Sam to see me like that..."

"You look okay," James told him. "Worried, but okay."

"I can deal with worried," Steve replied before he turned to begin to walk back to the patio beside Bucky.

"You get anyone?" he asked as they arrived within earshot of Sam.

Sam nodded. "We have a meeting on Monday, so we have the weekend. It was the soonest I could get."

"Monday is good... gives us a few days to acclimate to the idea of leaving," Steve replied, admitting some of his nerves to his friend. He turned to glance at Bucky then.

"Should we tell Cleo tonight, or wait?" he asked, chewing on his lip.

James took a deep breath. "The sooner the better," he said softly. "I'll go check on her and Grant. I'll be back."

As James went inside, Sam smirked at Steve. "I didn't know... all these years and I never had a clue."

Steve raised his brows, resting his hands on his lips. "You know, I think... we even kind of kept it a secret from ourselves," he said. "It only happened a few times before we went to war, and then... then I didn't know if he'd even remember after everything that happened to him."

Sam chuckled. "I can see how special it is between you two. Something like that doesn't come around often."

"No... no, it really doesn't," Steve replied with a shake of his head. "And Cleo... the way she's just accepted both of us, loved both of us... she's something special too."

"You have a beautiful family," Sam nodded. "I'm happy for you."

"Thank you, Sam," Steve said, glancing back at the house. "Can I get you anything? A drink?" he offered.

Inside, Cleo finished giving Grant his bath and was in his bedroom with him, putting on his pajamas. "You're a little wiggle worm tonight, huh?" she asked the giggling boy before she tickled him.

Hearing Grant squeal and laugh, James walked into the bedroom as the little boy flipped over and tried to squirm away. "Tiny menace," he chuckled.

"You stop that, get back here!" Cleo insisted playfully, pulling Grant back to her so she could finish zipping up his onesie before she picked him up and set him on her hip. "We're just about ready for bed, daddy."

James laughed as he stepped closer and kissed the side of Grant's head then kissed Cleo softly.

Cleo returned the kiss, allowing it to linger for a moment before she blinked her eyes open. "Should we wait for Steve, or...?"

"He's been talking to Sam," he replied. "We uh... actually have a bit of news."

Her brow furrowed. "Bad news?" she asked, worry filling the pit of her stomach. "Should I... put Grant down and then we can talk?"

"It's not bad per say. But it's not the greatest, either."

Her worry didn't fade as she nodded. "Okay... well let's say goodnight to Grant and then we can all talk," she said, handing the young boy over to his father to say goodnight.

James cradled the little boy in his arms and kissed his head. "Sleep well, my little man," he murmured. "Have good dreams that take you on the best adventures." He kissed the sleepy baby's head once more before gently giving him back to Cleo.

Cleo's smile carried just a hint of sadness as she took back the baby. She could sense that sadness in James. She'd always been able to read people. She carried Grant to the crib then and set him gently inside before she sang a short lullaby.

It wasn't long before Grant drifted off to sleep and she quietly left the room, closing the door before she turned to take James's hand as he waited for her.

James led her back into their bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed. "Sam brought news this afternoon," he told her. "It's... something the government is doing."

Cleo lowered herself beside him and as he mentioned the US government, she felt her stomach turn. "They don't exactly have the best track record..."

"No, they don't," James agreed. "But... they felt like with Steve not really being in the picture much, they should replace him. They've... They've made a new Captain America. He's not a super soldier, but a high-ranking soldier by the name of John Walker."

"Wait, replace Steve?" she asked in shock. "They can't just replace Steve; he is Captain America."

James nodded. "I know. We both know that. I guess they wanted someone to be in the public eye again." He rubbed the back of his neck. "They even gave this kid one of Steve's shields. He wants to go and get it back."

There was the real news. "And you want to go with him..." she said almost knowingly.

"I can't let him do it alone," he told her.

She nodded. She did understand. "Why can't Grant and I go with you?" she asked. She wanted to fight this with him, too.

"We didn't know if you would be up for that. To go to New York," he replied. "It'd have to be something all of us talk about."

"I mean, would it be... dangerous or anything?" she asked, concerned. She certainly wouldn't want Grant to be in any kind of danger.

James shook his head. "It shouldn't be. Steve just wants to get the Shield back, maybe talk to them and see what's going on."

Cleo nodded. "Okay, then... I'll set up a covering veterinarian and we'll go with you," she said concretely. "I don't see any reason not to."

He couldn't help but chuckle. "Such a stubborn woman... but I love you."

She shrugged unapologetically. "You knew I was like this a long time ago," she said with a knowing smile.

"I love you for it too," he countered as he pulled her to him and stole a kiss from her lips.

She laughed softly against his lips. "Okay... we should all have dinner, huh? I'll make something really quick."

"Dinner sounds good. I can help you fix whatever you want to."

"Why don't you grill steaks and I'll make potatoes and vegetables?" she suggested, taking his hand before she stood up off of the bed.

"Sounds good," he smiled. "Although... there might be a bit of a price," he teased.

She dropped her jaw playfully. "You offer to help me and then there's a price? James Barnes..." she scolded teasingly.

James laughed as he turned quickly, placing himself in the doorway so she couldn't pass through. "What?"

She laughed breathlessly as she stood before her. "Well, what's your price, huh? You haven't named it..."

"Mmm... a kiss... maybe a bit of a promise for something later?"

She bit her lip as she smiled and stepped up to him, rising up on her toes before she found his lips in a quietly heated kiss. It lingered and she allowed it to deepen, hands pressed to his chest. When it found its natural end, she lowered herself back into her feet and looked up at him. "There's guaranteed to be a little something later if you keep kissing me like that."

"I'll always kiss you like that," he breathed, holding her gently in his arms. "I could also make you a little more eager by telling you something."

Her smile shifted as she narrowed her eyes on him. "Hmm... tell me what?"

"Before you got home... Steve and I made very good use out of the shower," he smirked. "He was so deep..."

Her eyes widened with interest. "Oh, so you boys have already had fun today... what about little old me?" She asked with a pout. 

"Oh, we can have fun tonight," he smiled. "I just wanted to put that image in your mind. Steve was so deep inside of me he made my toes curl." He bent down and kissed her slowly, hearing her whimper against his mouth. "We can do whatever you want, sweetheart. Here in the bedroom or in the shower. We have thick walls."

"Ooh, baby, you're getting me worked up already with that image alone," she admitted, still close to him. "Now kiss me one more time like you mean it and send me downstairs to make dinner."

James turned and pinned Cleo against the doorway before kissing her deeply, sweeping his tongue in her mouth with a moan. When he pulled away, he could see the glazed look in her eyes. "Now be a good girl, and work on dinner. I'll help."

Cleo was along for the ride and was a little dazed for a moment as James spoke, though she nodded in spite of that. "Yes, okay," she agreed, a girlish smile waving onto her expression before she turned to leave. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 124 29
The Avengers hear word of HYDRA having another Super Soldier project. They know they must put it to an end for good this time. When they meet the gir...
3.7K 171 22
A year after the second snap and everyone returned, Dr. Willow Price pushed Shield to let her take the case of James Buchannan Barnes. The plan is to...
450 37 10
Bucky still cant get past the nightmares, but then his past starts to creep back in, in the most unexpected way. Fair warning... It's going to get st...
6.3K 172 17
She was a simple nurse, sent to be the aid and care to the Hydra experiment James Barnes. After caring for him she finds her self slowly falling in l...