Fall Apart- R.J.L

By teddyloopy

Nothing lasts forever Like the moon Theodora Malfoy's light can only last so long. When the sun comes up, and... More

The Blacksheep
Disappearances
The infamous Black Lake
Miraculous Memory Recall
Bumps and Bruises
Berry Ocky Rot
Moody Moony
Oh-so-kissable
Teddy Bear
Christmas confessions and chaos
Strays rehomed
Caught
A Lupin Tradition
Potter's Holibobs
Drunk Twister
a hearty breakfast of red wine and cigarettes
McKinnon's Mischievous Mayhem
Magnifiquement
Rock n Roll into '77
Massacres and happy memories
Black ink
Happy Deathday
press, pull, bleed
the trials and tribulations of loving a corpse
flight risk
perfection implodes
drown your sorrows and smoke your secrets
give you the moon
want for nothing
The Portkey Plot
dream a little dream
Spill
Lupin & Lupin
Little bug
Family Ties
Blood Type
Cornwall, Summer, 1977
The Photo Album
Drift Off
Mr. Ballroom Dancer Black
Hope Ophelia Lupin
Little star
All Hallows Eve
The Body in the Lake
Dear Remus
The Order of the Phoenix
the first mission
remember me, please?
real or not real
engaged, again

Make a good thing bad

9 0 0
By teddyloopy

Theodora's perspective

Theodora in the morning '77
-E.R

Theo gets branded
-B.C.Jr

Theo and Panda '77
-R.A.B

Three days.
That's how long it took for all of my friends to abandon me.
I knew after Remus and I broke up that most of the lads would take his side. I knew Lily would too.
I never expected everyone to blame and abandon me.
It started with Sirius. He would scoff and glare at me every time I entered a room. He spread the news that I was a cheating whore to the entire school and by the end of the day everyone knew. Everyone hated me and loved Remus.
James couldn't look at me, when I did on occasion catch his eye he looked so unbearably sad and disappointed. I think that was probably the worst thing. The disappointment. Like they'd expected me to be different, better.
I guess it's true that it's in my blood.

I should've known I couldn't escape it. My destiny. To be horrible. To be hated.
I couldn't go near the Gryffindor tower without being glared at. People would shout things at me. Saying I was no better than the rest of them. A deatheater. That I was a bitch, a slut, a whore, a cunt.
It hurt.
It really hurt.
For a while.

Then there was sex and drugs and drink.
Suddenly it didn't hurt so much anymore.
Maybe I was just numb.
Their words didn't affect me.
My cuts didn't sting when they bled down my legs, my arms.
The only thing really affected was my school work.
But I have the perfect excuse.
I almost died.
No teacher can berate me for my lack of knowledge when missed weeks of school after almost dying.
Besides.
School doesn't matter to me anymore.
The only thing that makes me happy anymore is music. So I've decided that's what I'll do.
After Remus and I broke up I pretty much presumed I was kicked out of our band.
Luckily I was adopted.

Matt invited me into his band. It turns out he's the drummer in a band with a bunch of other Slytherin's. One in particular caught my eye when I entered their first rehearsal.
Regulus Arcturus Black.
In the flesh.
Guitar in hand.

"Reg?" I questioned as our eyes caught across the room. He glanced up at me and looked flustered for a second before smiling and standing to greet me.
"Hey Teddy!"
"Theodora."
"What?"
"I don't go by Teddy anymore.."
"Oh, right um sorry Theodora."
"So you're in Matt's band then?"
"Matt's?!" He laughed, "it's not Matt's band. It's mine and Evan's we started it. Then Panda, Barty and Matt joined. And now...you I suppose."
"You suppose?".
"Yeah well...I know you're good but this isn't the Marauders Theo. We're a lot, darker? I don't know if you'll fit."
"So what this is some sort of audition?"
"Yeah."
"Fine."
"Cool so we mostly play original stuff if that's alright? None of that cover shit you did."
"Fine with me."
"Good okay so we'll play some stuff and you can just join in whenever u want."
"Cool."
"Here these are the words to this song if you want them."
"Alright." I smile and take them gratefully.

I sit back and watch as they all set up to play.
Reg is lead guitar, a role I haven't seen him in before. I knew he was a great bassist and pianist but I didn't know he could play guitar this well.
Evan is the rhythm guitarist.
Barty is on bass.
Pandora is on keys and Matt on drums.
They're actually quite good.
Reg starts singing and it takes me by surprise how good he is.
This is a side of him I've never seen before.
When he's up there playing it's like he completely opens up.

I join in on one of the choruses, harmonising perfectly with Reg and (if I'm honest) completely blowing his mind.

At the end of the song we both stare at eachother for a second, breathing heavy and air tense. Then Regulus smiles and nods and just like that I'm in.

"Serpents and stars just gained a new member I reckon." Evan grins.
"I'd reckon you're right." Barty agrees.

Remus' perspective

I never meant for it to get this bad. Not to say I'm not still angry at Teddy. I am. She cheated on me, on my birthday, lied to me about it for weeks and then ran off with a dozen other lads the second we broke up.

But she's not the only one to blame.
I pushed her away so much it's no wonder she went looking for someone else. Not to mention that I too slept with other people the second we were broken up, although no one seems to care about that. They're all so mad at Teddy. She's being bullied, badly. Lily said that she hasn't been back to their dorm in weeks. They don't know where she's staying or what she's doing. I've barely seen her in school, at least not during the day. She's out almost every night, every common room party, every forbidden forest night, every late night black lake swim. She's there. She's there with them. The Slytherins. And with him.
Regulus.

I always had a sneaking suspicion something happened between them.
She never confirmed anything but from the way she's acting now she doesn't have to.
Apparently she's joined their band.
Just one more betrayal to add to the list. I suppose I can understand how she might not want to sing with us after everything but to not even speak to us about it. To not even say that she was leaving the band. It's not like we've been playing much recently anyways but still, it would've been a nice courtesy.

She also hasn't been attending Phoenix Society meetings, I'm slightly worried she might tell some of her new Slytherin friends about it. We'd be done for. If the ministry found out that Dumbledore had been encouraging a secret dueling and Defence against the Dark Arts club he could be in massive trouble.

There's another party tonight in the dungeons. According to Marlene, who heard from Dorcas,.who heard from Pandora, Serpents and Stars will be playing their first gig with Teddy as their new singer.
Sirius is insisting on dragging us all down to see them to make sure we're still better than them. To be perfectly honest I really do want to go. I'm dying to see Teddy play. As much as I hate her I do still love her and seeing her do what she loves always makes me happy. Although I don't even know if I want her to be happy. I mean of course I do but I do also hope she feels shitty about what she's done. I don't know if that makes sense but it's how I feel.

The dungeons are crowded and hot. The air is thick and the floor already sticky with spilled drinks and other questionable substances. The stage set up at the end of the long room is lit dimly and microphones and instruments litter the stage. The band is nowhere in sight.
I go to get a drink when suddenly the crowd erupts in cheers as a group of people emerges onto the stage.
I push my way through the crowd to get a better view.
The band of Slytherins have all taken their place on stage and there is still no sign of the one person I'm searching for.

Regulus starts playing a slow guitar riff and drums kicks in.
Still no Teddy

I don't know who I am
Baby, baby, baby,
Do you know who you are?

Regulus sings.

Is it out of our hands?
Tell me, tell me, tell me,
How we made it this far.

And then I hear her.
She steps on stage and the crowd around me screams.

Did we unravel a long time ago?
Is there too much we don't wanna know?
I wish it was easy but it isn't so
Oh baby

Oh, we could make a good thing bad.

When they sing together I know it's real. It's over. These words are for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 14.8K 36
⠀ ❝ And in the back of her mind, Katie knew that her words were a lie. Because if her nightmares could creep up into her mind and become her realit...
518K 20.3K 200
☄︎ ⋆·˚ ⋆ *. ⇒ 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐁𝐈𝐀 Athena Sinistra and Remus Lupin are best friends, they've known each other their entire l...
163K 5K 45
ARDELLE WAS A FRIEND OF MANY PEOPLE. She was smart; but she was set on improving her Potions skills, to help one of her best friends with his conditi...
105K 3K 45
"Y/n, I will always be here for you." "Promise?" "I promise." ~*𓃦*~ Going to Hogwarts was something Y/n Black had been looking forward to her ent...