In Every Universe

By ImagineLove222

Win and Bright meet for the first time under tragic circumstances. At least Win believes it to be the first t... More

About In Every Universe
1
2
3
Flashback: 1829
4
Flashback: 1969
5
6
7
8
9
The Beginning: 2
10
11
12
The Beginning: 3
Flashback: 2019
13
14
15

The Beginning: 1

387 31 18
By ImagineLove222

Apollo hated his name. How redundant it was. How positively obvious. Yes, he was the royal demi god of the Kingdom of Fire - was every part of him supposed to announce it? It was a wonder no one has tattooed a flame on his forehead while they were at it.

Clearly, the vast powers of his people did not include creativity.

He looks around the serious faces of everyone in this too long of a meeting. Yes, no creativity in those aging craniums whatsoever.

Here they were discussing war strategy for a conflict that has raged on for a millennia. Strategize what? When the two Kingdoms have been civil (a very strained civility, he will admit) ever since The Benevolent forced them into a treaty for the greater good of all reality?

This was idle pitter patter of generals so bored with peace that they had to daydream about violence.

He wonders if in the Kingdom of Ice, the generals were as insufferable.

"And that is where you come in, Apollo."

The handsome demi god turns an eye on whoever had enough guts to interrupt his daydreams. "The name is Bright."

"That is not your official -"

"I could burn you to the ground with a wave of my hand."

"Bright -"

"Prince Bright - "

"Prince Bright - this is where you come in the negotiations."

"Why do I have to participate in anything?"

"As we have just discussed, we need the treaties signed as we do every few years."

"So?"

"So you need to meet with the Kingdom of Ice to at The Edge."

"The Edge? You want me to go all the way to Providence Valley and climb a goddamn cliff to meet with someone who probably wants me dead?"

"You will be accompanied by our best women."

"I can handle myself. That is not the point."

"Your Highness, it is always the next in line to the throne who goes. We cannot break tradition and cause the fighting to get worse."

"Why not? Everyone here seems very eager to commit mass genocide."

The room shuffles in awkward silence.

Only one general, rises to meet Bright's gaze - his uncle's. "If you are saying no to this, then you are the one saying yes to genocide. The troops are ready to do your bidding if that is your wish."

Bright's eyes narrow in defiance even if he knew he was cornered.

"These rituals are a waste of time," he tells his uncle through gritted teeth.

The older man is unmoved. "They symbolize peace."

"How peaceful can it be if we need a piece of paper to - " Bright cuts himself off. He used to be passionate about this. He used to give speeches and try to internally protest all the senseless violence and fighting. He used to but he grew tired. No one listened. No one cared. This feud ran too deep that no one cared to ask why one side hated the other - that's just how it is.

The Fire People hated The Ice People. And vise versa. No bleeding heart was going to fix that.

So instead, Bright hardens his features. "I will go. Tell me when and ready my dragon."

"Dragons are forbidden at the treaty."

"Then I shall majick myself there at the time you prescribe," came the sarcastic response.

He doesn't wait for anyone else to correct him. Bright exits the stupidly gaudy war room and heads for the welcome solitude of his own.

- - -
A rare chill runs through Bright's body. He looks down in annoyance at the flimsy red excuse of a robe he was wearing.

His eyes flitted to the two lieutenants flanking him. They too were barely dressed - their flowing tunics almost threadbare.

He understood the metaphor of it all, coming unarmed to meet the enemy.
But it didn't make him think it any less asinine. Another tradition that made absolutely no sense. Why would he conceal weapons? It wasn't as if Bright needed anything more than his fingers to summon fire.

Upon approaching The Edge, he was greeted by a long table adorned both with fire flowers and frost - on it were several platters of bread and fruit.

Bright is momentarily perplexed. True, this is his first time to enact the treaty so he would not have first-hand knowledge of the refreshments served but he was under the impression that there was none.

Who would be foolish enough to partake of a meal prepared by your sworn enemy?

As he thinks this the scent of chocolate wafts through the air and before him materializes the Prince of Ice.

He too was wearing a flimsy robe embroidered with repeating insignias of his kingdom but unlike the empty handed Bright, he was carrying a tray of what looked like squares of soft chocolate.

Bright looks up from the tray, stunned and finds himself surprised for the second time.

The Prince of Ice had cutting features one would expect from one born and raised in frost - razor sharp jaws and cheekbones, thick but precise eyebrows, skin like fresh fallen snow, you could almost see the blood running through their veins.

But what he also had was a smile as brilliant as the sun. How this Prince has not managed to melt his own land was a mystery.

"Oh you're here," The Prince of Ice says. "I thought I had a few more moments before you arrived. I hope you like the refreshments- I was thinking of brewing us some tea but apparently boiling water is against the rules. Danger and all that. Though I highly doubt that the Prince of Fire is scared of hot water of all things."

Bright throws a confused glance at the Ice Liutenant beside the Prince and he sees there the same look he sees on all his generals' faces - exasperation. He almost smiles at this. Glad to know he wasn't the only royal causing headaches.

"I don't think I can trust the food my sworn enemy has prepared," Bright finally says.

"That seems petty. I went through so much trouble."

"It is not petty to avoid poisoning."

"Poison? There is nothing deadly about my food! Tell you what, I'll bite and if I don't die, you'll taste it."

"This is a very weird conversation."

"There is nothing weird about not wanting food to go to waste just because you're a scaredy cat who is apparently suspicious of baked flour."

Bright has never been called a coward before. And he wasn't about to allow himself to look weak because of food. "Fine. Take a bite."

The Prince of Ice places the tray down on the table. He picks up one of the gooey slices and takes a generous bite. For a moment he closes his eyes and Bright is convinced for a moment that there is poison but then the Prince of Ice smiles and licks his lips. "Chocolate is divine." He hands the bitten confection towards Bright. "Your turn!"

Bright brings his mouth close to the other man's hand and nudges the brown square with his teeth.

He is stunned for the third time - this was utterly delicious. Like all your best memories in a bite.

The Prince of Ice looks smug.
"You can have more but first, you need to try this bread."

And this is how the celestial Prince Bright first meets Prince Metawin.

- - -
Author's Note:

How is everyone?

On the story, I hope it is not confusing but I really wanted to tell it this way.
My confession is that the backstory of Bright and Win I wanted to reveal much later on - but after the Ajin/ Tul reveal I was excited to write down the backstory so here we are.

Couldn't sleep since last night. I don't know if it's my meds or it's because of the surprise of Enigma Season 2.

I still cannot believe it. My jaw is still on the floor somewhere.

Congratulations to us BrightWins. Finally!!! A series together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 3.7K 17
[COMPLETED 🌠] Win thought that Bright felt the same way as him... that they shared something special that went beyond their onscreen roles as a coup...
40K 2.1K 25
An Au wherein Bright and Win are exes. One day, Bright got planned by his parents to Marry a girl from a high class family. When Bright was running...
100K 4.9K 19
Win spent his summer far away from the city in an attempt to fix his broken heart. Little did he know that one fateful summer could change his life f...
111K 6.8K 46
Win has already found the person whom he wanted to live his life with in this lifetime. But a certain incident destroyed everything into pieces. Will...