Allies? Allies.

By Elliot-Rivera

A mumscarian high school AU <3 #1 in quiet kid as of August 15, 2023 #1 in GoodTimesWithScar as of Septemb... More

First day pt. 1
First day pt. 2
Silence
Deny everything.
Allies
Allies. Part 2
Daily
Detention
Escape Plan
Comfortable

Movies

447 21 63
By Elliot-Rivera

(Quick a/n: i really hope you guys have seen the movie 'The Breakfast Club' or else this chapter won't make any sense-)

POV: Grian

I think it's stupid to have to wake up at 8 in the morning on a Saturday. Just have detention be on Monday mornings.

I arrive at the front of the school five minutes late. God, Mr. Rivera is going to kill me I think.

"And Mr. Xelqua has arrived." He announces when I walk into the classroom. It seems like I interrupted him. "I guess now that you're all here, I'll go over the rules. No talking, no using your devices, and no getting out of your seat unless it is to use the bathroom, in which case you need to come tell me. Are we clear?"

"Yes, sir" We all mumble. I look around the room after he leaves, to see who else is here. Joel, Lizzie, Xisuma and Scar. God, why is it that Scar is everywhere I go?

A few minutes of silence pass and I'm already falling asleep. I only come back to my senses when Xisuma clears his throat and begins to talk. "Hey, this is kinda reminding me of the movie 'The Breakfast Club'"

I've never watched that movie in my life.

Everyone else agrees with him, but Joel looks somewhat confused. "Wait, who is who then?"

"Easy!" Xisuma starts, "I'd say Grian's the Jock, and Joel is the criminal first."

Joel makes an offended noise but doesn't seem entirely opposed to the idea.

"So," Xisuma continues, "That would make Lizzie the princess. And I'm obviously the brains, so that makes Scar the basket-case."

Scar's head shoots up from where it was resting on the desk, and he keeps looking between X and me, his eyes wide and his face red. Xisuma laughs at him, "What? You dont talk, you're constantly drawing, and— lets face it— you are pretty weird. You are the perfect Allison!"

"Well you're not much of a Brian" Scar mumbles, just loud enough for Xisuma to hear.

"Damn, now I really wish I had seen this movie you are all talking about." I say.

Everyone turned to face me, their faces painted in shock. "What?" I ask. "You've seriously never seen 'The Breakfast Club'? What rock do you live under?" Joel asked.

"Haha very funny" I said sarcastically, "what's the big deal?"

"It's a classic! You gotta watch it!" Xisuma exclaims.

"Yeah well maybe later" I say, dismissing the idea. I don't think I'll ever have time to watch that movie.

One hour later

"Well, in true John fashion, I'm getting out of here." Joel says.

"How? Our school doesn't have as many shortcuts as the one in the movie" Xisuma asks.

"I'll just bs my way out of this joint, you coming, Lizzie?"

Lizzie waits and thinks for a second. She looks in the direction of the principle's office, then to all of us, then back to Joel. "You know what? Definitely not in Claire fashion, but in my own, I am coming with you." She finally responds.

As they leave the library through the back door, I look at Xisuma and ask, "what do they mean by that?"

"John and Claire, the Criminal and the Princess. They end up together at the end of the movie. Basically John tries to escape with the others, but eventually gets caught and sacrifices himself for the group. Later he comes back and the group has a bonding moment. Then at the end of the movie The brains— Brian— is finally comfortable in is own skin, the princess— Claire— steps out of her comfort zone and dates John— the criminal— who also dials back his craziness a bit to make sure Claire is comfortable. Andrew— the jock— comes to terms with who he really is, and Allison— the basket case— finally finds her confidence with Claire's help. In the end, Andy and Allison-" Xisuma gets cut off by Scar kicking him in the leg.

"What was that for?" He yells. Scar just makes a weird face I can't understand. X hums, somehow understanding what Scar said.

"What?" I ask.
"You'll just have to watch the movie.." Xisuma adds.

We rush back to our seats when we hear the principal's office door close. That means he's coming to check on us. I put my head down to make it look like I fell asleep.

"Where are Joel and Lizzie?" He asks. 

"I don't know, sir." Xisuma says. "Maybe they went to the restroom?"

"They weren't allowed to leave the room!" Mr. Rivera sounds angry. I'd hate to be Joel right now. 

"That's not our fault, sir." Xisuma continues. I lift my head up and look around the room, pretending to have just woken up. "How much time is left?" I ask. 

"Three hours." The principle responds. 

"Damn it." I mumble. Mr. Rivera leaves the room, muttering something about finding the others and we go back to talking. By 'we' I mean I take out my phone and play Minecraft pocket edition while Xisuma and Scar whisper about things in the back of the classroom. 

Moments pass and we hear something in the vents. All three of us look up in shock until a section of it collapses and it's just Joel. 

"Holy shit, dude!" I scream, "How did you get up there?"

"You're just like Bender!" X yells happily. 

"Told you I would be." Joel remarks. 

"Where did Lizzie go, Joel?" Scar asks, and Joel just simply explained that she didn't want to crawl in the vent so she stayed in the supply closet. "Well, are you going to get us out of here?"

"Hold on, are we going to just forget about the fact that Mr. Rivera came in here to check on us and when he saw that Joel and Lizzie were missing, he freaked?" I interjected. "You're screwed, Joel."

"He did?" Joel asked. Scar and I nodded in unison, "I'll tell Lizzie and try to think of a plan to set this straight and not get another detention. Any of ya'll wanna come with?" He continues.

"I'll go! I'd like to break the cycle" Xisuma says. Joel leads him to the stairwell and me and Scar watch as they climb the railing to reach the vent. Scar looks back down at his book and an uncomfortable silence washed over us. Or, at least it was uncomfortable for me. Scar seemed fine. 

I take my phone out again and start scrolling through Instagram, then TikTok, then YouTube. Finally, I decide to open up Twitter just to see what the current news is. 

I catch myself glancing at Scar every so often, and I don't know why. I guess it's because he's nice to look at, because I'd be lying if I said he wasn't. Maybe it's his hair, it is a nice shade of light brown and it frames his face perfectly, and falls just an inch past his shoulders. I would be kidding myself if I said I wasn't at least a little jealous. His eyes, too. They're a dull shade of green, but that's only because he's looking down. If he looked up, his eyes would be in the light, and they would return back to their natural brightness. 

Then I realize I'm staring and look back down to my phone. What the hell is wrong with me? 

Time drags along, every minute feeling like at least an hour. Xisuma, Joel and Lizzie come back, we get to eat, we play charades for a bit, and then it's back to sitting and waiting. 

"One hour left" Joel groans. "Might as-well be a whole day" X adds. 

"I'm bored" I whine. "This is boring. I'm getting out of here."

"Hold on, you're not supposed to say that. That's not an Andrew thing to do. You're supposed to be a good person, Joel's supposed to be the bad one." Xisuma says. 

"Keep your damn morals away from me. You're more like Abed from Community." I respond.

"Oh, so you know about Community but not The Breakfast Club? Community was practically based off of The Breakfast Club!" Xisuma begins to yell. Scar, however, interjects. 

"I love Community!" He says, "If this was Community instead of The Breakfast Club, who would we be?"

Xisuma and I look at each other, and he gives me a curious look. "Well," I start, "I'd be Troy"

"No you wouldn't." Xisuma interrupts me. He continues, "You'd be Jefferey. Joel would be Troy and Lizzie would probably be Abed since He's in love with her. I'd be Annie, upsettingly. And considering Scar's background, he'd be Britta."

"I think I prefer The Breakfast Club." Scar says, "I'd like to be anyone but Britta."

"And I'm not much of an Abed." Lizzie says. 

"Well, here's what I think. I'm Troy." I start, "Xisuma would still be Annie, Joel and Lizzie might as well be Jeff and Britta and since Scar's the weird one-" Xisuma gives me a weird look, "No offense" I add, "He's Abed." 

"You do know Troy and Abed are best friends right?" Lizzie says. 

I hum. "I meant personality wise, not relationship wise." Scar sighs and Xisuma and I give him odd looks. He just puts his head back down in response. 

"I'm getting out of here." I say again. "Anyone coming with?"

To my surprise, everyone nodded their head in agreement. And so, It began.

—————————————————————————————————————

Ehheheheheh can you tell i love cliffhangers

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

432K 17.6K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
906K 41.5K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
1.1M 44.6K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...