Open up your heart, It's gonn...

By Dragonflyer67111111

Now stuck in a different earth, Miles must find his way back home to save his dad from the canon event. Will... More

Chapter 1-A Way Out
Chapter 2-Alchemax
Chapter 3-A Not so Friendly Talk.
Chapter 4- A Leap to Forgiveness
Chapter 6-The Breaking Point
Chapter 7- Redefine Destiny
Chapter 8- Collider Madness
Chapter 9- Spider Warriors, Reunite!
Chapter 10- The Final Fight
Epilogue- Open your heart, Its gonna be Alright.
Bonus chapter- Live and Learn
Gwiles Short Chapter-Dinner with the Morales Family

Chapter 5- The Prowler

1.9K 31 17
By Dragonflyer67111111

Disclaimer: The following will be a AU on how events will go since beyond the spider-verse will be coming out early next year. Note that some things will be only speculation for what is to happen while other things might just be new things to work in the contexts of the story. Spider-Man and all other spidermen characters are all owned Song and Marvel.

Note: For some variants of these characters, I would be using other names to not confuse people. ( Earth 42- Gwen/ Gweny) (Earth 42- Miles/ Miles G.—Prowler)

Anyways be sure to leave a Vote and Comment.

Chapter 5- The Prowler

Alright people, I'm only gonna say this once so listen up.

My name is Miles G. Morales. I'm from Brooklyn, New York, and for the past year and four months, I've been the one and only... vigilante. It wasn't like I had much of a choice. After all, there isn't anyone else that could stop the evil that lurks around the city. Last time someone tried to be the hero, it didn't end so well. Just can ask my dad about that.

Speaking of which, it was only after his death did my life change completely. Suddenly, everything was different. Out of everyone, Mamá was hit the hardest after his death. It took awhile but she eventually got back on her feet. As for Uncle Arron, let's just say he had other ways in coping.

It wasn't long after his death did he reveal to me that he was no other then Brooklyn's one and only Prowler. It was...a lot to take in, that's for sure. But with that came an offer which sealed away the life I had as a normal kid from Brooklyn, forever.

And with that, my journey to take up the mantle had begin.

I'm pretty sure you don't know the rest, so let me explain. You see I trained with my uncle Arron, did a few side gigs with him, stole from the rich and gave to the poor. And when I was finally ready...he passed down the mantle to me.

Flash forward, I'm patrolling the city. When the weird thing happened. And I mean, really weird. My uncle called me, said someone was in my own apartment that looked exactly like me. So I did what any other reason person would do in that situation.

(The scene shows Miles G. knocks out his doppelgänger before tying him up against a punching bag)

What? Can you blame me? From the stupid suit to the ridiculous hair style, he was kinda looked like a dork. Especially when he went on about being from another dimension and shit. Talked about saving dad like we were brothers are something. Then again, I'm done my own investigation about Octavius dimensional portal he was trying so hard to create. It's possible that this quote on quote, doppelgänger of mine was a result of his crazy experiments.

Goody.

Before I could get more answers, let's just say that things quickly escalated. Now It was a game of cat and mouse with this guy. You wanna know what happens next? Yeah, me too.

****

From the distance, Miles G. stared inside the broken apartment as he saw his doppelgänger heading back to his dorm room. Using a set of binoculars, he inspected the other rooms which revealed multiple different people that had similar suits to his counterpart. If he had to guess, he'd say they were his allies.

"Great, just what I needed"

Miles G. scanned the area once more as he eyes stumbled upon one of the rooms. Dropping his binoculars, his eyes widen as he realizes who it was. From the distance displayed a faint light inside one of the many rooms. With that small and faint light showed a familiar silhouette that slowly revealed itself into a familiar face. A face that he had seen in two rare instances. The first being the previous night with his first encounter with Rhino. The second being the photo he'd seen in the aftermath of a damaged forest behind Alchemax.

That face, there was no doubt about it. It was the girl he saved the other night.

" So my suspicions are right, he got you involved in his little game. By the looks of it, you seem to have no idea of what your getting yourself into too."

" I think it's time we had a little talk" With the tap of a button, Miles G. sends a small drone out of his wrist as flies toward her dorm's window before immediately using its claws to tap against the glass wall.

To his delight, it seemed to have caught her attention.

Despite standing on a building far away from her, he knew that pink and purple lights from his suit would definitely stand out amongst the darkness. Taking a glance over to the still remaining allies of his doppelgänger, he knew that sneaking in to have a discussion would be a death wish. He needed to be smart. Calculated. Precise.

If he wanted to have a talk, he knew it had to be on his terms.

" Hope you could keep up" Using his right arm, he shoots a grabbing hook which connects to one of the other buildings before leaping downward as he swings away. Behind him, his suit could pick up her voice as she yelled out into the night.

" HEY WAIT!!!" She shouted, Miles G. turns his head slightly to see her already rushing out the room. His best guess was that just like him, she too was just as eager to a discussion with him.

Even with his precise and calculated approach, he missed one small little detail.

Even with his suit, he failed to see one particular spider person observing the scene.

Or to be specific, a Spider Pig.

" Huh, well ain't that a sight for sore eyes." He looked at the audience, breaking the fourth wall in the process " You think I should tell Miles where she's running off too?"

****

Location: Earth-928, Nueva York, Spider Society

" Lyla, is this the right earth?"

" For the last time Miguel, we've scanned his dna from that machine like a million times! I'm pretty sure this is the right one!" Lyla rolls her eyes as sits on Miguel's shoulder.

Miguel stares at the projectile image of the Earth with no Spider-Man, read Earth-42.

" How many of Gwen's forces are gathered there?"

" Sorry big guy, I'm not picking up any of their signals. I'm guessing Hobi had something to do with it"

Miguel groans in annoyance, pinching his noise as he turns away from the screen in front of him while muttering in Spanish " ¿Por qué estos niños me hacen las cosas más difíciles?"

" So what's our next move boss?"

Miguel looks over to her with his usual stoic expression" Inform Jess about this and have her meet me here. I'll prepare a small strike team to capture the anomaly."

" What about Spot, we can't just leave that earth to deal with him once he shows up?"

" Which is precisely why I need you to gather as many Spider-Man as you can and have them capture Spot. If anything goes wrong, contact me as soon as you can. In the meantime, I think it's time my suit got an upgrade"

Lyla suddenly pops up in front of Miguel with a smug look " Is it because your afraid that he'll start breaking your suit like last time. I'm pretty sure if he succeeded, you would have been butt ass na-"

" Lyla!"

" Okay, Okay. One glorious white and red suit, coming up!"

****

Gweny didn't know where she was going. All she knew was that the purple and pink lights ahead of we're heading further away into the city. Running as fast as she could, her eyes watched as Prowler easily swung through the city using his gadgets alone. Luckily by the hour, not may roam this part of the city due to the increase of crime. With that said, the only thing slowing her down was her own stamina.

Don't blame me, I'm not as athletic as my super hero counterpart, alright!

" Why were you watching me!!" She yelled out, hoping that her voice was able to reach out to him. Prowler simply ignored her as he continued on his way.

It was obvious that wherever he was going, she was to follow him as well. Why else would she see him stop once in awhile to take few glances at her. Following him through the city, Gweny could feel herself almost out of breathe.

" Well...I hope wherever your going is close by. I could feel my sweat marks reaching down my pants!"

****

Miles couldn't believe his eyes. For once since this whole ordeal started, he wasn't given any chance to relax. Or in better words, finally catching some sleep.

With the lingering thought of his father's destined demise, he found it difficult at first to rest easy for that night. But with the injuries he sustained previous during the earlier fight and the emotional roll coaster his confrontation with Gwen was, his body needed that rest.

Now alone in his room, his mind and body were enjoying the soft fabric he laid against while his snores echoed in the quiet room.

Looks like things were going-

"MILES!!"

Or not.

Miles jolted, his eyes quickly widening as he checked his surroundings. Scanning the room, Miles turned to see Ham standing before him as he stared at the boy with a cartoonish smile.

" Ham? What are you doing in my room?" Miles groans, he wondered why Ham of all people suddenly came into his room to wake up him.

" Sorry for waking you up, but I wouldn't be here if it wasn't important"

" What's this about?"

" Well, it all started when I decided to grab myself a late night snack."

Leaving his dorm, Ham sneaks his way past the other rooms before entering the kitchen. Opening the broken fridge, he smiles in delight seeing his leftover hotdog. Before taking a bite of his hotdog, he heard a shout coming from one of the rooms.

" HEY WAIT!!!"

Ham is taken back as he turns to see Gweny leaving her room in a hurry. Seeing how dark it was , Ham was fortunate enough not to be spotted watching the scene unfold. Curious to what was going on, Ham decides to follow her as he sneaks his way around toward the rooftop where he is now in full view of the city. Seeing how high he was, Ham suddenly pulls out a cartoonish spyglass as he watches Gweny running through the city.

" I wonder where she's  running off too?" Ham asks, looking through the spyglass he carried. Taking another glance through the city, he saw a noticable purple light she was following.  Zooming in, Ham could barely keep his eyes on the strange purple light that seemed to be drifting futhur away from the building.

Lowering his sypglass, Ham turns to the audience with a questionable stare.

" Huh, well ain't that a sight for sore eyes." He looked at the audience, breaking the fourth wall in the process " You think I should tell Miles where she's running off too?"

"Ugh...you okay?" Ham asked softly showing signs of concern. It was only after he explained what had transpired did he stare at Miles's horrifed expression as they sat in awkard silence. To say that he looked horried was an understatment. Processing his story, the young spider knew how dangerous the situation had now become. He knew better than anyone what those purple and pink lights could've met.

It was his doppleganger. Earth-42's Miles Morales, or from personal experience. 

The Prowler.

Snapping out his thoughts, Miles turns to Ham in a panic tone.

" Ham, I need you to listen to me very carefully. I need you to stay here and keep on look out while I'm gone."

Ham raises an eyebrow in confusion " Why...what's going on?"

Lifting himself up, Miles puts on his spider mask as he turns to him " I'll explain later, right now I need to get her back before anything bad happens"

" But shouldn't we tell the others?"

Although the help would be much appreciated, he knew that waking them up at a time like this and explain the siutation would prove to be difficult. He was on limited time and if he brought the whole team with him, who knows what kind of attention they'll draw. With that said, he knew he had to go alone.

" I'll be fine Ham, It won't take long, I promise" Miles reassured him, opening one of the windows in the room before flicking his wrist from his web shooter before swinging away, Leaving Ham to shake his head in disaproval.

" Let's hope you're right"

****

After such a long game of cat and mouse, Gweny felt herself being pushed to her limit. Now out of breathe, she stopped at one of the poles for a moment, leaning with one of her hands as she panted.

" Just *Pant* Give me...a second *Pant* , Okay." Gweny managed to say as her eyes drifted upward.

From the shadows, Prowler had also stopped in his tracks as he stared at her from afar. It seemed that he was waiting for her to catch her breathe before they continued onward. Sighing in irritation, Gweny looks up at him before lifting her hand away from the pole.

Luckily for her, it didn't seem like she had to chase him any longer. Leaping down on the stairways from one of the buildings, Prowler had made his way inside the building, assumingely his little hideout. Following in his footsteps, Gweny made her way upward through the staircase before stumbling upon the window he entered in prior to her arrival.

Taking one glance inside, she noticed that the room was surprisingly empty. It also didn't help that the room itself was completely pitch black. In any horror or thriller action movie, this would obviously be a trap that could get her captured or killed.  If it was anyone else, she would've done what any rational person would do and help back to the others. But seeing how Prowler, a known super villain that the daily bulge would talk almost endlessly about his recent activities, had saved her life before this whole mess started, she was curious to know more.

Opening the window lid slowly, she entered the small room as quietly as she could, doing her best efforts not to cause such a huge noise. She casually walked through the room as she could barely see where she was going. If it weren't for the windows that reflected the broken city lights outside, she would've been completely walking in blind.

Taking a couple more steps, she tried her hardest to make out the surroundings around her.

" What is this place?" She questioned

*Thud*

Gweny paused. Looking down on her feet, she stumbled upon a punching bag that seemed to split into two. That's not all. Examining further, she could also see pieces of iron chains that were scatted amongst the floor.

" What the hell happened here?" She asked out loud.

" The same thing that happened back at Alchemax."

Gweny eyes widen. Turning her head slightly to face the voice that spoke amongst the dark room, her guts had already told her to stay alert as she stood her ground.

" Hello?! I know your in here!" She shouted, her voice echoing " Show yourself!"

As she said those words, a purple light illuminated behind her catching her attention. Her eyes drifted from the broken chains toward the light behind her. Gweny was frozen in place, her breathe caught in her throat as she could do nothing but stare in complete shock. Just like the previous night with her encounter with Rhino, she was met with those same holographic eyes that stared at her.

Standing behind her was no other then the person who saved her life awhile back.

It was the Prowler.

Gweny mouth ran dry, her heart raced like never before as she could do nothing but stare at him. His presence alone sent shivers from the waist down. Intimidating indeed, but she knew better then to judge him to quickly.

After all, if it weren't for him, she wouldn't be standing here in one piece now would she?

Mustering up the strength she had, she stumbled in her words as she spoke softly.

" O-Oh wow..."

" Didn't I tell you to not get involve in this?" His distorted voice told her, his holographic eyes narrowing as he approached her. With each step he took was another step that she took stumbled back.

" Way p-past the caution stage here" She muttered in a low voice " But something tells me that's not why you wanted me here"

Prowler stopped in his tracks causing her to do the same. Through the dark atmosphere, she could see her own reflecting on his mask as he stood motionlessly starring at her. Within an instance, he spoke once more.

" Why are you helping him."

Gweny raised an eyebrow, confused at this sudden question " Helping who?"

" The spider and his little gang of web slingers. Why are you helping them?" He asked calmly.

Her face suddenly becomes pale." H-How do you know about them?"

" Because you weren't the first one to encounter one of them"

Taken back by this revelation, Gweny shakes in her head in disbelief as she stares at him once more " What...what are saying then?"

" His name...did he tell you his name?"

" A-And what if he did...what difference does that make?" She cautiously replied, narrowing her eyes at him. The intense and heavy pressure she felt when he slowly began approaching her sent shivers down her spine.  Now standing before her, Prowler stared at her ocean blue eyes who stood motionlessly still, her eyes never leaving him as she curiously titled her head.

Suddenly, his helmet started to retract itself.  Gweny watched as his holographic eyes shut down before his helmet was retracted piece by piece revealing certain parts of his face. With every piece of his helmet being removed added another familiarity to his appearance. From the way his nose was shaped to the very sculpture of his cheekbones, the clues were all started to add up. But what finally sealed the deal was reveal of eyes, the same one she only ever seen that closely resembled those colored eyes along with the other facial features.

Then it clicked. No way.

It couldn't be. It just couldn't!

But it was. Nothing could change that. That face, there was no mistaking.

The helmet was completely gone revealing Prowler's true identity. His face was recognizable, there was no doubt about it.

" Miles?" She whispered not believing what was in front of her.

" Morales...my name is Miles G. Morales, but I assume my doppelgänger didn't tell you that, now did he?" Leaning down to her level, Gweny stared at him dumbfounded.

That last name. Morales. She had heard that name before. The late deceased Officer, Captain Morales. The one officer that kept this part of the city intact before it went to crap. His death was broadcasted through Jamison's daily bulge. But she had no idea that he had a son.

" Look, I don't have time to do this right now, I need to get home and save my dad!"

Hearing those words, she never really understood them at first. The Miles she meet was such in a hurry to leave that whatever he told her to push her away at first completely flew out the window. But seeing this version of him now, he completely understood everything he had told her back at the bus.

But what she didn't get was the fact that Miles she knew and kept them from her. Just like a few other secrets he kept from her, this was another one that was added to the list.

Just how many more secrets were there that she didn't know?

" You seem surprised, I thought my doppelgänger would've told you this by now?"

" W-What...I...I don't" Gweny was at a lost in words. Her Brain couldn't process that the super powered individual who saved her was her earth's Miles.

" So let me ask you again" Miles G. asks her once more " Why are you helping someone you can't trust?"

Trust. That's where it all came down too. Despite the all the secrets and other things that Miles was keeping from her, he and his spider gang did just save her life not to long ago. For that, she had to at least keep that loyalty.

" H-He helped me. It was only fair that I help him in return." She managed to say " I don't see anything wrong with helping someone get home to save their dad."

" Ah yes, he told you he needed to save his father. The fact that you believe every word he tells you despite lying to you just baffles me. You really are naive."

" E-Excuse me" Gweny was baffled, she was quite offended too.

" Did I stutter?" He openly remarked, his smug look irritating the already agitated Gweny as she glared at him " This doppelgänger of mine, you seem to trust him regardless of how little you know about him. The less you knows about something, the more dangerous it could be."

" But he isn't dangerous!" She argued " He and his friends need to go back home to stop his dad from dying by some multiverse level being!"

" Or so you think. It's one thing to help someone but to trust them completely is what could get you killed out there" He explained, his serious demeanor never changing in the slightest.

" How would you know that? Did you even bother to listen to what he had to say?!!" She yelled at him, she knew her voice wouldn't have any affect on him but she at least had to let him know that she wasn't intimidated by him.

" The last time I tried that didn't end so well"

Gweny raised her eyebrows as she looked at the broken chains and punching bag " Uh-huh, and l assume tying him against a punching bag with iron chains was gonna give you the answers you needed?"

Despite his serious expression, he couldn't help but chuckle at her "Works most of the time with other criminals."

" So what? Is this why you brought me here? To lecture me, is that it?" She asked him, not assumed by his tactics by the slightest.

" No. I came to give you a warning. Stay out of this. You have no idea what your getting yourself involved with" He warned her, leaning closer to as she could only glare at him back.

" And if I don't, what then Mr. Prowler?" She tempted him, their faces mere inches away from each other.

" This isn't a game lady, don't force my hand here" He equally gave her the same glare she gave him. " If he is truly not be trusted, I'll be forced to take you down along with him"

Gweny gulped down the dryness in her throat, she knew she was playing with fire here. Doing her own research, she knew Prowler was not to be taken lightly. One wrong move and she could be meeting her father in the next life.

But with the fear of possible death looming around the coroner, she knew there was more to him then what he was letting on. The night he saved her was one of them.

Seeing how the rumors of the vigilante now being true, she knew that somewhere through his bravado that he wouldn't harm her. Especially if he was the son of one of the greatest police captains to ever protect the city. If he was truly his son, he would have the same motivations to help this city through the chaos and destruction, even if it was through grimly and darker methods.

" And what makes you so sure of that?" She taunted him, smirking seeing through his serious bravado. " After all, you said it yourself that I can't trust people that I only just met, now can I? "

She's playing with me. Not a good move on her part. Just like what happened with his doppelgänger, Miles G. leaned in closer before he was mere inches away from her before lifting up his gauntlet. Activating its claws, he gave another look.

" I'm not someone to take lightly. You know should know that better then anyone else. I could destroy you without a second thought if I wanted too" He whispered, curious to see what her reaction would be by threatening her.

She would've been intimately scared once she saw the gauntlet glowing a purple color. After all, she was scared shitless when otto's tentacles almost killed her. Hell, that didn't even come close to when she almost died falling what felt like hundred of feet in the air by the goblin.

But unlike the super villains she encountered, she knew Prowler wasn't one of them. He could try to push the idea that he was some cold killer like the other criminals that lurked around the city. But he wasn't. Instead he was the vigilante that many rumors and spectaculars online had claimed.

That night when he saved her proved it. So why should she be intimidated by him at all if all there was under that bravado was someone that was almost like her.

" But you wouldn't. I know you wouldn't" She whispered back.

" Oh? And what makes you sure that of that?" He muttered, tilting his head slightly.

Gweny shakes her head, slightly amused " Because if you wanted me dead then you would've let me die back at that alley the other night."

She found it funny really, his attempt at a stoic expression was something to take a hold. Especially when she dared say that she was one of the first to see it crumple. Seems like she got him on that one. Especially after he backed away from their close proximity.

Even with that, it didn't seem like he was backing down any time soon.

" How can you be so sure of that?" He asked, amused by her assumption.

" Do i really need to tell you through that thick skull of yours. You saved me that night cause you didn't want to see me get hurt. You don't want to see anyone get hurt. Not after what happened to your dad. So every night, you take the responsibility to look over the city that he wanted to protect so much."

Leaning in a bit closer, she narrowed her eyes matching the boy's focus expression as they both stared each other off.

" You think I don't know who you are now that I seen your face. Well guess what, I do. I know your not the hero people want but I know damn well your the hero this city needs. Which is why I know you'll listen to whatever I got to say." She told him, using her index finger to tap on his suit.

Even when she's shaking, she still has the confidence to tell me that. Color me impress rubia. " You're playing with fire lady"

" It's Gwen actually, Gwen Stacy." She corrected him, " And I'd appreciate if we actually talked instead of you threatening me to stay away."

She had to admit, it was pretty ballsy to be doing this to someone that could wipe her out in an instant. But she knew that if he was anything close to the miles she met earlier, he wouldn't dare lay a finger on her. He knew that.

Closing his eyes, he grunted in frustration before mustering up another serious expression "Alright then, blondie. Tell me everything I need to know about this "Spider-Man" doppelgänger of mine"

****

It's funny how getting hit from the bagel had motivated him to become one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse. But seeing how his nemesis didn't take him seriously, what else was he suppose to do. After his confrontation with his nemesis and his spider friends, the dark matter that he had absorbed gave him several new abilities. But seeing how he needed to test them first, he decided to hide in the infinite void where he had discovered his spots were portals to other dimensions.

Twitching in excitement, Spot opens a portal before peaking his head out to see one of the spider variants swinging through the city. Following him was that earth's Octavius who led the sinister six as they battled through the city of New York. Looking around the city, he could see an Alchemax building standing a few miles away from the battle. Peaking his head back, he looked at his body as it began fazing in and out of reality.

" Villain of the week Huh...let's see if he could stop me now, shall we?" He voice echoed through as his boy levitated before entering the portal before appearing lifting up his hands. Before he knew it, energy from different colliders across the multiverse surge through the many holes before entering his body.

" The end is drawing near...what will you do now? Spider-Man?"

****

Miles G. pinched his noise in frustration as he process the information that Gweny had given him.

" This is...a lot to process" He admitted, after she had told him everything he needed to know, he found it difficult to believe some of things she had told him.

" I know. It's...a lot to take in but from I've seen, it doesn't seem like he's a bad guy" She explained, it was a long story to tell and quite frankly, she just wanted to open his eyes to the truth. " That spider cult wants to stop him from saving his dad because dark Garfield is reflecting his trauma on everyone!"

Walking past her, Miles G. stares out the broken window that his doppelgänger broke when they first met, reflecting on her words and the words of his doppelgängers. Putting the pieces together, things were staring to add up. For starters, the idea of another him from another universe suddenly showing up had proven Otto's theory about the multiverse. It also explained why his doppelgänger was so injured when he had first laid eyes on him.

But with everything she told him now confirming to be true, it seemed that this supposed "radioactive spider" that was suppose to bite him was taken by his universe's otto and his lackeys. His destiny was taken from him, but at the same time, it would've have made a difference in his fathers death. Even if he was suppose to become the boy Scott hero he was meant to be, the cult she spoke of that chased his doppelgänger down had predicted that every police captain that came into contact with Spiderman would share an untimely fate.

It seemed like even if things were different, it wouldn't have changed the fate of his father.

" If what he's saying is true, then this "canon" that these spider people try to uphold is not what it seems"

Turning to look back her, Gweny is left confused on his previous statement.

" What do you mean?"

" These so called "canon" events that they speak of, you told me that if one disrupts it then that entire dimension's reality would collapse on itself, am I correct?" He questioned seemingly now engaged in the conversation as it unfolded.

" Y-Yeah. Miles told me that it's why this Miguel guy and the other Spider-Man tried to stop him from saving his dad." She explained, curious to his sudden interest. " That and because he was the original "anomaly" that they fear might destroy the multiverse"

" If what this spider cult's leader said was true, then his universe along with mine would've been erased the second the spider bit him"

Gweny was taken back "Huh..."

" From what my doppelgänger told me, the spider that was suppose to bite me was transported into his universe. Therefore, if it was a "canon" event for me to be part of this "Spider" Family, then my universe would've been destroyed the moment that spider left my dimension."

She hasn't thought about that. Miles had told her that the spider that bit him had caused him to become an anomaly, a source that could've destroyed the multiverse if he entered the other dimension. But if he was never meant to be Spiderman, then why didn't his universe along with theirs get destroyed. If it was truly a canon event then why didn't anything happen to either of their worlds.

If you put things into perspective, it didn't really make a whole lot of sense about what was canon and what wasn't.

" I-I didn't think of it like that." She admitted, thinking of the whole thing Miles had told her through his point of view. " If the Miles I've met was never suppose to be spider-man, then this stupid canon thing would've destroyed his universe way before he even arrived here."

Her eyes open in this new realization. " So then...that would mean-"

" It means that either this cult leader he speaks of that protects the multiverse doesn't understand his own logic..." Miles G. grimaces as he says his next words " Or he doesn't understand that the multiverse if a very unpredictable place. And if he and little accomplices keep me meddling with the multiverse, it will tend to mess back"

Taking in this revelation, Gweny shakes her head before turning to face the miles of her earth.

" Help us make things right. Help us prove to this guy that this canon crap doesn't mean anything after we save other you's dad." She pleaded with both hands, walking closer to the boy who simply stared back " I know you might hate this guy from what he took from you but don't let the fate of this guys father be determined by this cult."

Staring into her ocean blue eyes, he noticed the pleasing look on her face as she poke those words. Was it true that he felt envy over what was taken from him, a little. But seeing how his doppelgänger was with his father in his life, would he want him to lose that. Would he really want to create another him by letting his father die?

Although he was distrustful to many people, he knew that by deciding to not believe what was in front of him, he was also gambling a life. A life of another version of him with his father still there. This was beyond the premise of what he felt about his doppelgänger, it was about a life being in danger. His knew that.

But even with all that being said, there was still one thing that he was slightly curious about.

" What's in this for you?"

"Huh?"

Miles G. asks her again with more clarification "What are you hoping to achieve in getting involved in this? You could easily live the normal life you want?"

Gweny stops and thinks for a moment. Of course she wanted to help the people by doing something, but the again, she wanted to honor him by doing what she could.

" I guess...it has to do with what my dad liked doing. I always looked up to him. After all, he too was a police captain. Whenever I saw him helping others, I could see the joy and happiness he brought to everyone around him. He made everything seem safe, like there someone who genuinely wanted to make things for the city. I guess that's why after his passing, I wanted to follow in his footsteps."

Gweny frowns "But...it seems like I'm not like him at all. I'm not as grate as a detective as he was nor am I the athletic and strong individual to throw himself into the fire to save a helpless child. I'm just...me. And I feel like that's not enough."

Miles G. Stares at her, a moment of silence takes over them as he is given time to think. In some way, they were the same. They had both lost their fathers due to the injustice actions of twisted individuals. The only difference being that he had already went through it.

Being the Prowler, he knew his father wouldn't approve of what he was doing. He's probably want him to love the normal life he always wanted for him. But just like with her, his father wasn't there to make that decision for him. It was his choice and his choice alone to decide.

Because in the end of the day, he's not his father. He's Miles G. Morales, The Prowler and vigilante of the city he protects through the shadows. He did things his way, and he wasn't gonna let anyone dictate his future for him.

That was something that she needed to see as well

"Well that's your problem right there. You keep trying to be like your father. But in reality, you're not. You're never gonna be the person he was. And you're never gonna be the symbol he represented. You're just...you."

"Is that a bad thing?"

" Depends on how you see it. But my best guess, you'll figure it out."

" How can you be sure if that?"

Even with the dark and heavy atmosphere that surrounded them, it didn't stop him from giving her a slight look of amusement.

" I don't. But like a wise man once said, there's always a first time for everything, right?"

Gweny stared at him in awe as she processed his words. Before she could form the right words in her head, a sound was suddenly heard that caught their attention.

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

Just then, His suit started beeping as his mask suddenly reemerges from his suit which alarmed Gweny who took a step back.

" W-What is it?"

Turning his head out the broken window, he viewed the city in front of him, the rising sun now approaching. Activating his spiked gauntlet, he could only stare at what was in front of him.

It was only then did he mutter a single word that made her realize the gravity of the situation.

" Get out of here."

Confused, she merely titled her head, preparing to ask him what this sudden turn of action. That was until she stared back in the same direction only for her eyes to widen.

From afar, their eyes laid contact with something emerging out of thin air on the other building. That something only grew larger and larger until she realized what it was. It was a portal.

Oh no.

Her eyes widen in fear once they saw something emerging from the portal. No, it was someone. Multiple people actually who were entering out the portal into their reality.

Their masks were all to familiar, she knew it. He knew it. The only question remaining was the man in the middle who seem to be leading them.

Recalling Miles description of some of the other spiders he mentioned, their was one in particular that he mentioned. From the size of there body to the inhuman fangs, there was no doubt the man in the dark suit matched his description.

There was no mistake to who was here.

It was the cult leader Miles had escaped before coming here. It was Miguel, and he did not seem happy in the slightest.

Clenching his fist, the Latino spider stared from afar as he glared, muttering.

" I've finally found you...Morales"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.2K 2.2K 25
## [ 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐘 ] - 𝔪𝔦𝔩𝔢𝔰 𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔞𝔩𝔢𝔰 ... in which 𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒔 encounters...
3.8K 89 5
Sequel to Spider-verse: The Twist. Who knows what would have happened if things had gone a bit differently- if Gwen and Miles had had their spark ea...
83.9K 1K 34
The spiders are back! It's been two years since the five spider-themed heroes were blown into Miles Morales's dimension. Now they have reunited with...
12K 318 16
"Will we ever meet again?. . ." "I'll go through thick and thin, just to find a way back to you. . . I promise." Spider-Man Into The Spider-verse x...