Starting Over

By naniphoon

Lisa early years as Blackpink members is not as smooth as she thought. Is she going to make it or is it bette... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5 - Throwback
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10 - 2nd throwback
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13 - Another throwback (Jisoo POV)
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17 - Stupid yellow hoodie
Part 18
Part 19 - Me too
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22: Kiss Kiss and Make up?
Part 23
Part 25
Last one

Part 24

921 14 0
By naniphoon

The climax

It was really hard to find the time between their busy schedules with the concert and events held by YG. So that's why it took her another two months before she thought to address her issues with Jennie. That's how she reasoned it out in her mind.

But to be honest, she chickened out. At first she planned to talk about it during their US tour but she changed her mind when she saw how Jennie happily greets her group of friends when they came over to support her at their concerts. When Jennie called them to take a picture together with her friends, the older girl didn't notice that Lisa was slightly pushed towards the back of the group before Rosie quickly grasped her waist and pulled her closer. Jennie though just noticed how Rosie's arms were around Lisa's waist and she glared at the duo after the photo session ended.

"I'm going out. They invited me for a late night party. Don't wait for me." Jennie said before waving them goodbye.

Rosie's eyes widened when she heard it and the blonde girl started to stomped over to Jennie's retreating figure as if to give her a piece of her mind. But before she could go near them, Lisa held her back while shaking her head.

"Not now, Rosie."

"You didn't hear what her friends said about you earlier, Lisayah and now you see how unnie was acting just now?"

"Just let it go. It's my fault that I never tell her."

"Bullshit! She should know better!" Rosie said frustratingly.

"Hey hey...what's happening here. What's the fuss all about? Did you guys fight again?" Jisoo suddenly came over, after hearing Rosie's loud voice while holding a bag of chips.

"Sorry, Jisoonie. No. We are not fighting. I'm just talking out loud since I'm too excited." Rosie tried to explain.

"Oh..really? Not because Lisa here didn't have the guts to tell Jenduke that she hated her friends?" The older girl replied nonchalantly while munching on her chips.

"Unnie..." Rosie started. "YOU smart...."

"Yeah...I'm loyal..." Jisoo added.

"I'm grateful and appreciated that.." Lisa continued.

They turned quiet looking at each other before bursting into loud laughter seconds later.

"Now..that all the tension drained away...when are you planning to tell her? Or you want me to drill that into Jenduke's head instead?" Jisoo asked again as they walked together to the dressing room.

"I should huh?"

"Yes you should. Unless you want me to tell her that Rosie is in love with you." Jisoo whispered under her breath.

Luckily for them Rosie already walked ahead too distracted with the buffet meals spread out on the table in front of them.

"What??...unnie..you know?" Lisa gasped in surprise.

Jisoo rolled her eyes. "Of course! You think I don't have eyes??"

"But..she just told me! I just found out about it recently!" Lisa whispered back.

"Uh huh...that's not a surprise. You are so damn oblivious that I think maybe you hit your head too much and too hard last time."

"But.."

"No buts...of course I want you to work it out with Jenduke. But that girl always made the wrong choice. I sometimes wondered if she did it unconsciously or just something to get back to you."

"Jisoonie..but how about..Chongah?"

"You don't need to worry about Chaeyoungah. I'm sure she just wants you to be happy and even if that means that you'll end up with Jennie. So what's stopping you?"

Lisa contemplated the older girl's question. True. What's stopping her to finally have the talk with Jennie? She just needs to find the courage to face whatever is about to happen. Whether it's good or bad.

Success or failure

L: Nini...we need to talk.

N: ......

N: What is it about?

L: Not here. Can we meet in your room?

N: Sorry, Lili. I'm outside.

L: Oh? With who?

N: The twins..

L: Well, tell them I said hi. What time are you coming back tho?

N: It depends....

L: On what?

N: Depends on whether you are going to break up with me later?

L: What? What made you say that?

N: I saw all the signs...Lili. I know you are going to eventually..

L: No.. Nini...can you just....just come and see me when you are back.

L: Please...

N: Okay..Lili. I'm already on my way...I'll see you later

An hour later, Lisa rushed towards the door as soon as she heard her doorbell rang. She opened the door only to find Jennie's pouting face with tears running down her cheeks.

"Hey..hey...what's all this.." Lisa quickly wiped the tears away before she hugged Jennie closed.

"You..sob..are going..sob..to...break up...sob..with..me..now right?"

"Dummy...I've already told you I'm not gonna do that. Now come on. Let's get you settled down first." She assured Jennie to guide the older girl towards her bed.

She flinched as Jennie pinched her stomach on the side. "Don't call me dummy."

"Okay..okay..sorry..geesh.. You want water?" The taller girl asked as soon as they sat on Lisa's bed.

"No. Just tell me now. The wait is killing me." Jennie urged.

"Oh...okay. I want you to listen and don't say anything until I'm finished. Can you do that?"

"...."

"Nini..I need you not to interrupt me..."

"Why?"

"So I don't lose my nerve...Come sit here, please." Lisa pulled the older girl to sit beside her at the lounge chair.

"Now please listen carefully. I'm not...breaking up with you. Actually...I'm not even sure what our relationship was in the first place." She rubbed Jennie's back comfortingly before she continued.

"You see...when we had that dinner, I was already feeling anxious about meeting with your friends. Even though I know most of them, they only knew me as one of the members or even that annoying maknae in the group. So when you said you want to introduce me as your girlfriend, I'm really excited but nervous at the same time."

"But..."

"Sshhhh...I'm not finished. Imagine my surprise when your friends broke the news about your supposed relationship with Kai. I'm shocked and hurt to hear what you said. At first I tried to deny that it's you but I know your voice anywhere. It made me ask questions about our relationship. I thought I knew everything about you. I shared everything with you. But apparently you didn't think of doing the same with me."

"Lili...."

"Hush..then the funny thing was that it was your friend who did it. When you went to the ladies, I wonder was it planned? I kept replaying the scene over and over again. What is it that we could have done differently but nothing comes to mind. I had my doubts and of course I want to trust you but you take advantage of my trust. What hurts the most is that you are still hanging out with the same friends. It's like whatever happened to us before didn't matter. That your friendships with them trumped over us. To be honest I'm sad and I'm hurt. And right now I only felt that the only people that cared about my feelings were Jisoonie and Chaeyoung."

"That's not true! I care about your feelings too!" Jennie replied back defensively.

"Oh really? Are you aware of what happened a few nights ago when your friends came over to take a picture with us backstage? Do you see that they pushed me as if wanting me out of the group picture? Chaeyoung has to pull me back instead so that I'll be at least in the frame? I don't remember you saying anything about that. What I remembered was how you just went off with them afterwards and refused to talk to me for a few days after that."

"I don't mean to hurt you...." Jennie looked down as she played with the end of her shirts.

"I know you don't, Ni. But I want you to see it from my point of view. I'm telling you I'm hurt that we are back to this toxic cycle." Lisa let out a long sigh.

"What do you want me to do? Left my friends for you?"

"I never said that. I never want you to do anything that you don't want to do. But maybe we rushed into this?"

"What do you mean?"

"Nini, you already know I always have feelings for you. Since I joined here, I basically worshipped the ground that you walked on. Because it's you. Everything I think or talked about is always you. And the only time I have a slight indication that you liked me back was when I decided to leave the group. And that recording. You pretending to like me so I didn't leave? I can't stop some part of my brain telling me there is some truth in it."

"You ARE.... breaking up with ME!" Jennie whined loudly.

"I'm...I'm not. But you see..I don't know how we are going to solve this. I keep doubting your words. And you kept on being angry with me over things that I don't even know. And it's not healthy for either of us. I can't be here doubting everything you said. We keep going into this never ending circle and I'm tired. I'm so tired."

"Lili...please believe me when I say this. I'm in love with you. I still am. I don't know how it happened but when Jisoonie told me about you leaving us, that's when I realised that I shouldn't wait to tell you about it. I didn't know how they recorded my voice but that was before. When I thought you were just pranking us. I'm so mad that you decided to play with us like that so I have this stupid idea of returning the favour by pretending that I like you so you'll agree to be back with us. When Teddy finally told us about you receiving threats, I'm scared of Lili. I'm scared that you'll be gone before I am fully able to tell you about my feelings. Other than my parents, you are the most important person to me."

Jennie then quickly grabbed Lisa's hand under hers. "Please, Lili. Don't leave me. I'll do anything you want me to do.."

"....."

"......."

"....Lili..please...I'm begging you."

Lisa sighed. "Erm...Maybe...maybe we could see someone?"

"..You mean a therapist?"

"Erm yeah...or maybe Dr Kang can suggest someone for us?"

"Okay, Lili! I'll call him tomorrow!"

Lisa nodded her head before she let out a loud yawn. "I think I need to get to bed. Today is too tiring..."

"Uhh...Do you want me to go?" Jennie asked in a hesitant voice.

"Do you want to go?"

Jennie shook her head. 

Lisa let out a small smile.

"Then...stay..stay with me.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 545 6
They said there are only two things why past lovers are still friends. Either they are still in love, or they never were. But does that mean Jennie...
687K 18.2K 57
Rosé realises she has feelings for Lisa but she doesn't know where she stands with her bandmate. Does her bandmate like her too or is she just intere...
101K 2.5K 53
What if she leave her members to sacrifice everything just to have a good reputation with them but not to be famous with them. What could possibly be...
5.6M 116K 60
Jennie Kim, a law student, struggles every day to support herself. Unlike other young people of her age, she never goes out to clubs and therefore ne...