snake in the lions den|| WTM

KoolInsomniac által

Ada Potter was struggling to get through her fifth year, the trauma of the past events catching up to her, be... Több

intro
cast
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
act two
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
act three
twenty
Twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine

twenty-four

3.6K 171 10
KoolInsomniac által

A bluebird flies past the Clock Tower, through the Covered Bridge, and out into the Hogwarts grounds. It then flies too close to the Whomping Willow and gets thwacked.

"Ouch." Blaise winces at the poor bird that now is just a pile of feathers.

"Welcome my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the sight." Professor Trelawney does her dramatic speech before bumping into the table infront of her causing some students to laugh. "Hello I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future." She says while doing some sort of jazz hands.

"This term, we'll focus on Tasseomancy, the art of reading tea leaves. So please take the cup of the person sitting opposite you." All the students swap their cups. "What do you see? The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first you must broaden your minds. First you must look beyond."

Hermione whispers under her breath "What a load of rubbish." Ron spins. Frowns at Hermione. "Where'd you come from?" Completely baffled on how she got there. "Me? I've been here all along."

"Mione my love, you were the biggest gaslighter I've ever seen that year." Ada laughs while Hermione smirks "I have no idea what you are talking about." Mattheo lets out a chuckle knowing that she just did it again.

Professor Trelawney spins to Neville "You, boy! Is your grandmother well?"

"I... I think so." Neville says looking nervous. The Professor tuts and looks sympathetic "I wouldn't be so sure of that. The first term will be devoted to the reading of tea leaves. If all goes well, we will proceed to palmistry, fire omens, and finally... the crystal ball." Eyeing Parvati she warns "By the way, dear, beware a red haired man." Parvati eyes Ron dubiously. Edges her pouffe away.

"Unfortunately, classes will be disrupted in February by a nasty bout of flu. I myself will lose my voice. And in late spring, one of our number will... leave us forever." As the class exchanges uneasy glances, Trelawney smiles brightly. "Well then. Shall we?"

Inside, a cloud of tea leaves mutates oddly. Ada, sitting opposite Ron now, frowns at the leaves, consults the Symbols in the textbook 'Unfogging the Future' at her elbow. Trelawney walks amongst them, robes flowing. "Broaden your minds, my dears. And allow your eyes to see... beyond." Trelawney takes Lavender Brown's cup, peers inside. "A five-leaf clover... You can expect to wake with a horrible rash tomorrow morning, dear." Then, casually she warns "Mr. Longbottom, after you've broken your first cup..." Neville fumbles the cup in his hands and the brittle crash of china is heard. "Would you be so kind as to select one of the blue ones? I'm rather partial to the pink." She walks pausing by Ron "What do you see in Miss. Potter's  cup, Mr. Weasley?"

"Well. She's got a wonky sort ofcross, that's trials andsuffering. But this lot herecould be the sun, that's greathappiness. So... she's going tosuffer but be very happy about it." Ron says sounding unsure, confused by the whole thing.

"Well it wasn't far from the truth." Ada shrugs as Sirius looks confused. "What do you mean?" She smiles at him. "Well with everything I went through that year with the dementors and the rat. I still managed to gain two dads in the process and that is something I am very happy about." The Lupin-Black's smile brightly at that.

Professor Trelawney takes the cup, peers inside, she lets out a huge Gasp. "Ahhh!"

"What is it, Professor?" Parvati asks, Trelawney regards Ada with a mixture of pity and fear. "My dear girl... You have the Grim."

"The Grin? What's the Grin?" Seamus asks confused Then a Gryffindor boy named Bem answers "Not the grin, you idiot. The Grim. Taking form of a giant spectral dog. It's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen of death." Ada just stares at the dog shape in her cup before rolling her eyes. Of course she's the one who gets the omen of death.

The trio emerge from the bridge and make their way toward Hagrid's hut. The Whomping Willow looms in the distance "You don't think that Grim thing got anything to do with Sirius Black?" Ron says worried about his friend "Ron. Honestly. If you ask me, Divination's a very wooly discipline. Now Ancient Runes. That's a fascinating subject."

"Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking this term?"

"A fair few."

"Hang on. Ancient Runes is the same time as Divination. You'd  have to be in two classes at once."

"Don't be silly. How could anyone be in two classes at once?" Hermione starts mimicking Trelawney "Broaden your minds..."

Students gather around Hagrid as Ada, Ron and Hermione arrive. Mattheo, Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle stand with the Slytherins. "C'mon now, get a move on! Got areal treat for yeh. Great lesson comin' up. Follow me."

"Theo!" Ada calls out. Mattheo turns and smiles slightly at the girl. "Theo?" Ada smiles, nods and skips over to him and then starts talking whilst following Hagrid. Draco looks up confused to why Mattheo was talking to Potter. And why was he smiling, he never smiles, just glares.

"Awe I make you smile." She teases poking his side repeatedly. Mattheo rolls his eyes fondly before grabbing her hand, placing a kiss on her palm. "Yeah, yeah. Hush it." He grumbles but still smiling.

Hagrid leads them toward a small paddock just this side of the Forbidden Forest. In the paddock, a freestanding iron rack hangs with dead Ferrets , buzzing with flies. Nearby is a pumpkin patch. "Gather 'round. Find yerself a spot. That's it. Now, firs' thing yeh'll want ter do is open yer books." Hagrid calls out.

"And exactly how do we do that?" Draco sneers

"Crikey. Didn' yeh know? All yeh've got ter do is stroke 'em. Look "Hagrid takes Hermione's copy, snaps the Spellotape binding it. As it begins to bite, Hagrid calmly runs afore finger down the book's spine and it... shivers. Falls quietly open. Hagrid glances at the class, looking suddenly unsure. "Righ' then. So... so... yeh've got yer books, an' now yeh need the Magical Creatures. Right. So... I'll... I'll go an' get 'em." Hagrid turns, disappears into the trees.

Neville tries to open it but it just turns to attacks him causing him to fall. "Don't be wimp Longbottom." Draco says walking past him. "I'm okay." Neville says before getting attacked again.

"Oh Nev." Luna sighs stroking his arm in comfort causing the boys face to turn red.

"I think they're funny." Hermione says Draco shakes his head, speaking loudly to Crabbe and Goyle. "Oh, yeah. Terribly funny, really witty. God, this place is going to the dogs. Wait until my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes."

"Shut the fuck up Malfoy" Ada tells him with a dead expression, he was really pissing her off. The boy 'ohhs' and hands his bag to Crabbe stepping up to Ada. She sees Draco's eyes widening in fear, Malfoy steps back, points. "Dementor! Dementor!" Everyone turns around bar Mattheo and Ada, they just look at Draco and his goons in annoyance as the put their hoods up and impersonates a dementor. Hermione pulls a face at them and pulls Ada away.

"How did you know that there wasn't a dementor?" Charlie Weasley asks the two. "Well It's not too hard to know when you are near a dementor. Plus it's Malfoy." Ada says gaining nods from everyone in the room. "What's that suppose to mean?" Draco asks, offence written allover his face. Everyone just gives him a look. "Fair enough."

A beautiful creature emerges from the trees. It has the torso, hind legs, and tail of a horse, but the front legs, wings and head of a giant eagle. The students step back in fear, then Hagrid appears, shooing the beast on. "Get up, there! Beau'iful, isn' he?" Hagrid says while grinning. Everyone looks nervous but Ada who had a giddy smile.

As Hagrid coaxes the beast to the center of the paddock, Ron stares uneasily. "Hagrid. Exactly what is that?" Hagrid smiles "A Hippogriff, o' course. Now,firs' thing yeh gotta know is they're proud. Easily offended, Hippogriffs are. Don't never insult one, 'cause it migh' be the las' thing yeh do. Right then who wants ter come an'say hello?" Everyone steps back except one. "Me!" Ada says slightly bouncing on her feet. "Good girl. Ada."

Remus sighs and rubs his temples. She really has no sense of danger at all.

Ada carefully approaches not wanting to spook the Hippogriff. "Tha's it. Easy now... stop! This here's Buckbeak, Ada. Yeh want ter let 'im make the firs' move. It's polite, see? Jus' take step forward, give 'im a bow, and if Buckbeak bows back, yeh're allowed 'ter touch him. Ready?" Ada nods. Steps forward. And... bows. Buckbeak's head cocks, eagle eyes studying Ada cannily.

Ada waits. And waits... "Back off, Ada! Back off!" She starts to step back, stepping on a twig causing Hermione to gasp and grab Ron's hand. They two look at each other for a second before Hermione lets go. Everyone looks nervous, even Mattheo, not that he would admit that. Buckbeak ducks his beak. Hagrid sighs, relieved.

"Well done, Ada! Go on. Give 'im a pat." Tentatively, Ada reaches out, lays her hand on Buckbeak's fierce beak. The class claps. Ada smiles admiring Buckbeak. "Look at that! I reckon he migh' let yeh ride 'im! "

"Sick."

"Cub we really need a talk about your sense of danger." Remus sighs, Sirius smiles. " I don't know what you mean Moons, this is totally safe. I did it." Remus gives him an unimpressed look, "Yes you did but as a way to escape, plus you were like 34 she was 13. Though thinking about it Ada was probably safer than you."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I love you." Remus says not answering his question. Sirius smiles brightly completely missing the obvious diversion in the convocation "Awe I love you too."

"We'll jus' set yeh behind the wing joint. Mind yeh don' pull any feathers out. He won' like that." Hagrid lifts Ada high, drops him onto Buckbeak's back, and before Ada's settled, slaps Buckbeak's hindquarters. "Off yeh go!" As Buckbeak gallops forward, Ada slides scarily back, giant wings unfold, huge and powerful, and whoosh, they soar into the air.

Rising higher. And higher. And higher. Gradually, Ada loosens her hold on Buckbeak's neck. Losing herself in the joy of flying. Smiling at the sight of hers and Buckbeak's shadow racing across the grass below. Circling over the Whomping Willow, past Hogwarts castle, and then swooping, with heart-stopping speed, over the Black Lake, Buckbeak's talons tickling the smooth glass of the water, summoning the giant squid to the surface briefly. Hagrid whistles then, and Buckbeak wheels, beating his way back to the paddock, galloping to a halt. As Ada slides off, the class cheers all except Draco, who narrows his eyes maliciously.

"Good work, Ada!" Hagrid praises then asks under his breath "How'm I doin' me firs' day?"

"Brilliant... Professor." They both grin, when Draco pushes past them roughly, strides arrogantly toward Buckbeak. "Give me a go at that thing. If Potter can do it, it must be easy. You're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute."

"Bloody idiot." Tonks rolls her eyes at her cousins behavior, he's going to get hurt all because of his jealousy issues plus big ego.

"Malfoy! No!" In a flash, Buckbeak's steely talons slash down. Malfoy falls to the floor in a dramatic manner . Looks down at the blood blossoming on his robes. He shrieks clutching his arm. Instantly, Ada dashes forward. Buckbeak whips around, raises its talons, seeing Ada he lowers them. Ducking his beak. Ada breathes noticing that she's calmed him down. Hagrid throws a ferret "Away, you silly creature." Buckbeak then ran off to get his food.

"It's killed meh! It's killed meh!" Draco says rolling around on the floor. Hagrid looks with wide eyes "Calm yerself! Yer fine... jus'a scratch..." A deep gash glistens on Draco's limp arm. "Hagrid. He's got to be taken toa hospital." Hermione tells him looking at the wound on the boys arm "I'll go. I'm the teacher. You all...you all just... Class dismissed!" And with that, Hagrid looking shaken swoops up a whimpering Malfoy, flops him over his shoulder, and lumbers toward the castle.

"You're gonna regret this. You and your bloody chicken!"

"Your so whinny." Mattheo smirks as Draco whips his head towards him. "It hurt." He whined further more proving Mattheo's statement to be true. "It was your own fault." He tells the blonde boy. "Mum tell him that he's wrong." Narcissa gives her son the most deadpan look you've ever seen. "I may be your mother but I am not an idiot, that was your fault." She tells him as Ada and Sirius barks out a laugh. Draco just shrinks in his seat, folding his arms and sulks.

As Lavender and Parvati huddle over a dozen teacups, Avidly interpreting patterns in hushed voices, Draco, arm bound in a sling, holds court before a clot of Slytherin. "Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" Pansy Parkinson asks Draco, a tad theatrical "It comes and goes. Still... I consider myself lucky. According to Madam Pomfrey, another minute or two... and I could've lost the arm."

Ada, Ron and Hermione watch from the Gryffindor table. "The little git. He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?" Ron says.

"At least Hagrid didn't get sacked."

"Yes. But I hear Draco's father's furious. I don't think we've heard the end of this..."

"He's been sighted!" Seamus shouts They turn. Seamus and the other Gryffindors are huddled over a copy of The Daily Prophet. "Who?" But the photo on the Prophet's front page provides a chilling answer Sirius Black. Hermione reads over the shoulders of others. whispers half to herself "Dufftown? That's not far from here..."

"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville tone was full of nerves.

"With dementors at every entrance?"

"Dementors? He's already slipped by them once, hasn't he? Who's to say he can't do it again?" Seamus says. Before Bem say "That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands."

"Oh he's the perfect amount of dramatic. So ominous, it's great." Sirius praises. Ada laughs. "Dad, he's basically saying you are a criminal mastermind." Remus then lets out a loud laugh. "Him?! A criminal mastermind! Oh cub that's funny." He finishes wiping his tears away. "Hey! I could so be a criminal mastermind." Then a chorus from, Minnie, Mattheo, Narcissa, Poppy, Remus and Ada just said "No you couldn't."

a/n: sorry it's been taking me longer then usual to update lately, i've just been struggling a bit hope you understand.

anywaysss thank you for all the votes and the comments have been making my day, i really appreciate them. have a lovely day/night lovesss <333

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

60.7K 2.2K 7
Her entire 5th year at Hogwarts felt like a cauldron boiling perilously out of control, ready to explode at any given point. So when Hermione catches...
171K 6.2K 69
~ Year five ~ Warning: This is the fifth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
133K 4.9K 42
© I do not own Harry Potter "𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞...
16K 379 18
The beginning of (Y/N) Hydra's fifth year wasn't fantastic. Voldemort returned, she nearly got expelled and a strange woman in pink appeared and star...