☆SCARLETT THE DAUGHTER OF LIG...

By xSalee_readsx

"How pathetic not manly enough to face me again?" He smirked "Oh gag I'm no man but I guess whats started ha... More

Chapter I: A New Beginning
Chapter II: Beauty and Kindness
Chapter III: The Welcoming Ceremony
Chapter IV: Talents and Skils
Chapter V: I Accidentally Killed a Rabbit
Chapter VI: The Thunderstorm in the Castle
Chapter VII My Not So Dead Beat Up Dad
Chapter VIII: First True Love?
Chapter IX: How to steal a dragons egg
Chapter X: New Life quote: "People can change"
Chapter XI: The Trial by Tale
Chapter XII: Catching Feelings
Chapter XIII: Parents Weekend Takes A Turn
Chapter XIV: Lightning in a bottle
Chapter XV: Circus of Talents
Chapter XVI: Circus Crown
Chapter XVII: One Dance?
Chapter XVIII: War of Good and Evil
AUTHORS NOTE

Trial by Tale

245 7 0
By xSalee_readsx

~Part Two~

How revoltingly disgusting, " a snarky voice commented

We turned hearing that snappy comment. There Ravan Hester and Anadil stoof side by side. Their face screamed bloodlust they weren't here for mercy.

Shit Ravan hes still salty that I nearly killed him earlier. "Listen, we don't want trouble," I reasoned they laughed
"How pathetic not manly enough to face me again?" Ravan smirked, his comment and greasy hair made me want to gag.

"Oh gag, I'm no man, but I guess what's started has to be finished. Bring it on, you slug. " I challenged him, readying myself. I kind of put the others on the spot, but it was bound to happen anyway.

I prepared for take off as Ravan ran at me, preparing his spells. Ravan blasted a spell at me. It barely missed, so I did the same to him.

From the corner of my eye, Chaddick and Daphne were fighting anadil, but I couldn't find where Tedros or Hester were. Everything went so quick that I couldn't keep up with Ravans spells. I fell back a couple of times and reflected the spells back, but I was losing badly.

Ravan tactic is spells. I don't know many. Panicking, I pulled my dagger out of my boot and swung at him. At first, I missed and got his hood. "You're so weak so much for good always wins," he laughed , boiling my blood. I swung a second time and cut his arm he yelled in agony what a whimp.

When I thought I had the upper hand, my dagger slipped from my grip, causing me to trip over a rock my back faced the edge of the fresh water river I nearly drowned in. Ahh shit "Honestly your a good deciever. You almost had me thinking I was going to lose."

Ravan walked closer, intimidating, of course. He was hes a villain. He bent over down to me, making him look more in power. He was inches away from my face, but I saw an advantage his handkerchief was hanging out from his pocket.

"This isn't fair someone as clever as you against me a Damsel in distress. There truly was no chance, " I said innocently, smiling, inching closer to him. Disgusted He restored a snort. Abruptly, I pulled his handkerchief from his pocket, gripped his shoulder, and kneed him in the stomach.

Ravan held his stomach, losing his balance he fell on top of me groaning in agony. I pushed him off of me in disgust, still clutching the handkerchief. "Yeah, suppose I am a damsel, I was in distress, and I think I handled that pretty well au revoir Ravan." Naturally, I let go of the handkerchief I still had.

By the blink of an eye, the groaning never evaporated, leaving nothing behind but the sweet sound of the cannon. "Uh Scarlett, I hate to break your victory, but we could use your help!" Chaddick exclaimed, shooting an arrow to an infuriated Anadil.

"Oh, never mind us Hildegarde it's Tedros who needs your help, GO! WE'VE GOT THIS. " I didn't question her. I turned my gaze on the other two that were battling.

Hester, we've been in the same forest group all year. She's unpredictable, but I can play her game. Magic verses a sword and shield. the only thing you can do is swerve away from her hexes. Carefully, I examined the situation from a distance.

The battle was fierce. Hester could barely keep up with his tedious strikes. While Hesters spells helped, it didn't stop him. "ENOUGH," she exploded a powerful glowing hex at him. Poor Tedros got magically slammed across the forest, and his back forcefully slammed the trees bark.

Instinctly, I sprinted towards Tedros until I was hit by the same spell. "So I hear you've got magic, restricted one, I might add. Ravan is weak I however am not. She marched to me. I clutched my stomach, and now I know how he felt. Suddenly, Hester grabbed my throat and lifted me up against a tree.

My lungs were about to give out she had a tight grip. I struggled to move breathe to do anything. "So much for good always win"

I could feel the purple rushing to my face and a burning feeling I hadn't felt in a while. My blood boiled with steam my veins on the brick of survival. The strength of the storm coursed through my cells.

That deadly smirk on her face faded to a troubled, uneasy expression she jolted back and cursed in pain. I didn't need to catch my breath until that "sweet sound" of the canon caught both of our attention

BOOM....BOOM

Two gone? Hester yelled a battle cry towards Chaddick, who had defeated Anadil. Daphne wasn't there either, which means oh no. Chaddick readied his bow, but I shot her first paralysing the witch. But instead of a spell, it was lightning.

Chaddick stared at me dumbfounded "Scarlett your veins its like there's lightning in their place..." he was right. My arms were... glowing?

As I was still examining my arms, he called me again
"Scarlett?"
"Mhm."
"You're terrifying looking. Please go back to your normal form,"
I paused to look at him
"Yeah, I could do that." The problem is I don't know how. "If I knew how to."

"Hildy?" A faint voice called behind me. Tedros, I spun to him, kneeling beside him, asking him if he's okay he laughed it off Chaddick, and I helped him up

"Why did you take her on by yourself?"
"Well, you did the same with Ravan,"
I smiled back in defeat. "You got me there,"

Tedros Chaddick and I wandered ahead in silence. My veins were back to normal. The silence broke when another canon went off

BOOM

I looked up to the sky. "I say about 2 hours left until sunrise. There are still maybe at least a dozen or more left. " we have to get this over and done with.

Chaddick turned back to me, confused. "
"Scarlett, did you not hear the amount of cannons that went off while we were fighting?"

"No? How many did you hear? "
"I can't think top of my head a good few, at least I'm not too sure."
The sun would be rising soon, and we can't all win. I have to win this for my mum, at least I beat hester... wait, no, I didn't.

Realisation hit me. We left Hester there
"Shit, how could I forget, Hester? we left her there. Ugh, I'll have to deal with her sooner or later." I stopped for a moment."I haven't seen Reena or Giselle or any of the other evers. In fact, have you two"

Tedros shrugged. "I was with you the whole time." oh right he was.

"A few, but Giselle got out ages ago by one of the traps, I think." I didn't expect that would be a way to get caught.

"I think we should just end it." Befuddled, they asked for an explanation.

"So there is still a lot of them left. What if we dared the nevers to face us?"

"That is the dumbest idea ever. How are we even going to tell them?"

I agree they're right, but I have to win this. "See the top of that hill. You can see everything from there," I pointed up

"My plan is I scream out my location, which is atop and challenge all the remaining nevers."

"But there are traps on the way up and a top of the hill. How are you going up there?"

"I'm not going up. I've got powers. I'll yell from the bottom. Anddd to prove I'm up there, I'll strike the hill with lightning. "

"But you're not?"

"Exactly."

"But what about the other evers, Hildy?"

"Chaddick, what would you do if this happened?"

He paused for a second to think, "I would go to see if they fall for it, then surprise them from behind -" he stopped to realise, "That's not a terrible idea."

"Are you kiddin'? No one would be that stupid to fall for it," Tedros argued

"But they would if nevers feel threatened (which they will) then evers see it as a perfect targe,t" I assured him

"This will never work," he muttered
"Well, have you got a better idea, smart ass cause I'd sure like to hear it?" I argued back

There was a moment of silence between the three of us Chaddick especially. I sighed. "Sophie might go?" I said in an attempt to convince him he was quiet for a moment till he groaned."Fine" Tedros gave in. Chaddick sighed in relief. My face brightened up. "Let's get to work."

~♡~
E

verything was set less than an hour and half left till it was over. We hid in a tree,  waiting for the sky to clear enough above. "I can't believe I let you two talk me into doing this," he muttered

"I can't believe I convinced you either," I murmured under my breath
"What?" he answered
"What?" I said, avoiding to answer.

"Scarlett, the sky is clear," Chaddick notified me. With that, I hopped down from the tree. Shakily, I raised my hands up to the sky, aiming upwards the hill. "Ready Scarlett?"

"Uh huh ready, Ted?"
Except he wasn't he was staring at the ground behind me "Ted are you okay?" I asked again. "Uh yeah, sorry, I thought I saw that shrub, never mind. I'm ready. "

I moved out towards the open a bit. "HEY ANY REMAINING NEVERS I CHALLENGE YOU TO A BATTLE AT THE TOP OF PUMPKIN HILL. IF YOU DARE AND FOR PROOF THAT I AM HERE!"

"Wait, Hildy, are you sure you can do this?" tedros desperately asked
"Yep,"
"Then let me rephrase the question. Are you sure you can control it?" he whispered, shouting. I smiled "nope" I raised my hands to the sky, controlling the weather.

Immediately, the clouds gathered up and struck a powerful crash of lightning down at the hill. Miraculously, there was no damage. the bad thing is it zapped a good amount of my energy out of me.

"S-SO" I was running out of energy, so I used the last bit of my energy to scream out, "BUT BE WARNED I'M NOT GOING TO GO EASY. PREPARE TO BE PULVERISED. " I fell back sitting at the bottom of the tree, catching my breath.

"Hildy, you're so stupid," Tedros said, climbing down the tree. I'll have to admit it wasn't my best idea, but I didn't want to admit it. "No, I am smart, just not tonight. Plus, I was fine earlier when I used my powers," I breathed. "You clearly used up all of your energy."

"I just need to rest for a moment,"
"What are we supposed to do? The nevers are on their way, and Hildy, you are too weak. If they find you"

"If" assured "if they find me, I'll regain my strength by then." The thing is, I might not be able to go back to full strength but enough to fool them.

"I don't mean to interrupt, but look up," Chaddick pointed it was a couple of nevers already making their way up. "We have to go." Tedros tried to lift me up, but I pulled his cloak "no wait"

It was hard to make out who the nevers were because of how dark it was. "Hildy, please let's go." Tedros begged again. My answer was the same. "Wait," I sharply said, not taking my gaze off the remaining nevers. "HILDY!" he screamed in a whisper. This time, I didn't answer.

One of the nevers got caught in a venus fly trap, but it grew to the size of the never, and it was forced to drop their handkerchief. An arrow zipped through the air and landed on a nevers foot. The other evers had arrived, much to Tedros, surprised he helped me to stand. Still staring at the battle going on between the evers and nevers, "I told you so," I said to Tedros.

I didn't get to see his reaction, but I knew he wasn't exactly "fond" of it. "What do we do now?" Chaddick asked. I didn't. I'd get this far, so now I've got to improvise "uhh we wait until they're in desperate need. " I definitely played that off well.

"You don't have a plan, do you?"
"Hey, I'm making this up as I go,"
I focused on who the ever that was absolutely kicking ass. Reena, it's her who knew she could take on Brone.

Unfortunately, when Reena had the upper hand, Brone grabbed her neck and pushed her into a tree. The worry began to rise, but I was too weak to use my powers. Instinctly, I pulled out the bow and arrow from my back. Pulled the arrow back, aiming for the never.

"Hildy, you don't know how to shoot, let me or Chaddick," but I wasn't listening. Reena's life was on the line. I straightened my arm and released the arrow. Reluctantly, it zipped through the air straight into the nevers arm. He screeched in pain, letting go of Reena he was then forced to drop his handkerchief.

Reena fell down, trying to figure out her breath she searched for the one who saved her life. I began to run but Tedros grabbed my hand "Hildy its too dangerous if they see you" I pushed his hand away "then so be it she's my friend" I never thought I would say that. I sprinted down to her.

"Reen,  you were right. My powers they helped me a lot," I helped her up. "I can tell the lightning the way you challenged the nevers. Smart and dumb."

We shared a laugh "Hildy watch your head." Reena pulled me behind her, casting a spell to the never. "Why did you come if you knew I called out the nevers?" I reached for another arrow. "Because I knew you needed back up, and the others wanted a piece of it as well."

~♡~

Half an hour went past fighting, and there was no sign of Sophie anywhere, some nevers and evers tapped out. Tedros and Chaddick took on Vex while Reena and I took on Arachne and Magnus. Mainly Reena, my arrows kept on missing. I gained some energy and used it to try to do what I'd done to Hester.

"HILDY WATCH OUT!" But before I could react, someone jumped onto me. Hester, she had me at the ropes, but I managed to use the palm of my hand and pushed Hesters chin upwards. I kneed her in the stomach, and she tumbled to her side in pain.

I rolled to my stomach in an attempt to push myself up. Reena conjured hexes HEXES! onto Vex, evergirls are prohibited from using Hexes. Vex ran into her, jabbing her side and stole her handkerchief. "NOOOO!" I screamed my lungs out.

The blood rushed into my face. I sat on my knees and looked up to the sky, forcing it to conjure lightning to charge me. Two nevers jumped onto my back, they knew what I was trying to do, I was flat on the ground losing my breath when another never hopped on.

I looked up to see a cockroach staring at me. I used my animal communication in hopes it could help me. Nothing, I couldn't commune with it till it pointed up to the sky it was thundering. NO NO NO, what have I done. "Don't worry, Scarlett, I've got you," he shot arrows aiming around the nevers, causing them to get off.

I thanked him for helping me up when he moved me behind him. Confused, I turned around to see him being stabbed on the side. "CHAD!" He smiled, surrendering his handkerchief.

No time it was me verses them. I withdrew my dagger from my boot. I remembered how Uncle Robin used to fight with only a dagger.

"Hildegarde lesson one observe, evers like us defend. If they attack us first, we block and sweep the legs." Robin taught

I ran to Arachne, who was quick to attack, but I blocked swept the legs, managing to pull her handkerchief.

I swung at hester this time she didn't cast any spells. I kicked her in the stomach, causing her to tumble down. Hester crouched on the ground. She had this fear in her eyes, and in her voice, "p-please don't it hurts," she pleaded.

"Robin Hood! what do you think you're doing?" Mother said, barging in
"I'm teaching your daughter how to defend," he said innocently

"She's far too young." Mother picked me up and kissed me on the head. "As well as that may help always remember a wolf in any other clothes still smells like a wolf. Its the most important life lesson, in my opinion, don't be fooled even if they're gay or charming it may be an act my love"

"My mother may have fallen for this, but I'm not." I dropped my dagger tackled her to the ground, grabbed her handkerchief, and threw it away. "Hildy?" I recognised that voice anywhere. "Tedros!?" I struggled to get up sprinting into his arms.

I lay my head on his shoulder. "Did we do it? Is it over?"
"Yep, when I got vex out, Magnus came at me, I got him," I sighed in relief.

I rested my eyes for a moment. When I head a cricket or sound of a cockroach. I opened my eyes to see a red winged demon with my dagger about to stab Tedros. "Tedros, watch out!" I spun him around, putting me in his place.

I felt the blade deepen on my lower back. I held onto tedros arms, moving away from our hug. The demon disappeared, but the dagger remained. I pulled out the dagger, whinced at the pain. "Not again," I collapsed. Thankfully, He caught me. "No no no stay with me,"

"I'll be fine," he searched for his handkerchief. I stopped him "no we're so close." he tried to reason with me, but I wouldn't hear it. He stopped arguing, and we stayed for a minute until he noticed a shrub moving.

He pointed his glowing finger and cast a reverse spell. The shrub turned into a human who hid behind a bush. "Teddy, don't look. I'm not clothed."

Sophie

"Sophie, you were hiding the whole time FOLLOWING US,"

"I-I," Sophie stuttered
"We were - I was looking for you, I COUNTED ON YOU. YOU SAID WE WOULD PROTECT EACHOTHER. " Tedros ranted, turning to an angry, burning red

"There so many you and Chaddick had it covered"

"Covered. Pfft, don't make me laugh he nearly died. we nearly died, and YOU COULD HAVE HELPED US, BUT YOU DECIDED TO HIDE INSTEAD"

"What, but that's not fair. You were being so close to Hildegarde, so I-"
Tedros practically squealed in pain "NO your not allowed to go there she stood by my side she saved me. What did you do? Tell me, "

Sophie stayed quiet, proving Tedros point. "Oh, cmon Ted, I can't change the world if I'm dead,"

"Tsk and I thought you were really good." I felt bad for Sophie, but then again, I didn't she could have saved us, but she didn't. The first site of sun rose it was over. I stood up, holding my wound "Hildy careful what are you doing?"

Dam getting stabbed hurts like a bitch. I slowly walked over to Sophie taking off my cloak. "Here cover up we won all three of us" I handed over my cloak.
"Tedros if you would please" he swiftly got to my side and helped me keep my balance

As the moonlight left the dawn the trial was over. The gates flung open of nevers and evers cheering the sounds faded to ringing noise in my ear. A couple of our friends came up to us but my mind was away. I won just like I'd always wanted just like how my mother, my uncle, and my aunt did but at what price?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 117 14
Sapphire had seen a lot a couple summers ago and she was about to see a lot more. About two summers ago she saw Percy Jackson, from her school along...
2.5K 105 11
DISCLAIMER: this book is discontinued!! " So I have to go all the way to some fancy boarding school in England to protect a wizard? " " He's your bro...
336 20 7
Paisley Morgan, daughter of Hades. The fire. Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon. The flood. "I hate the way you say my name, I hate your picture perfec...