Leap for the Stars

By lovexpuppies

Y/n Lukasiak is living in the shadow of her older sister Chloe and her friend Mackenzie but what happens when... More

The Competition Begins
Wildly Inappropriate
Cheerleader Blues
Stealing the Show
When Stars Collide
Dying to Dance
Heyy *Please read!*
She's a fighter
Love on the dance floor
From Ballerinas to Showgirls
Cathy Brings it On
It All ends Here
There's Only One Star
Season 2
Everyone's Replaceable
The Return of the Candy Apples
Brookes Turning Point
No One likes A Bully
Brooke's Back
Jill on a Rampage
Bullets and Ballets
The Runaway Mom
Miami Heat Waves
Melissa Pleads the 5th
Waiting for the Joffrey
I'm backk
Abbygeddon
Night of living dancers

The battle Begins

140 6 2
By lovexpuppies

Third Pov: 

All of the girls walked into the dance room and well there was no sign of Abby.

"Where's Abby?" Kenzie says 

"She ditched us in Jersey maybe she didn't come home" Christi says 

"Who thinks Miss Abby is going to apologize for leaving us stranded?" Kelly says 

Nia raises her hand but the other girls don't 

"Oh god no" Christi says

~Interview with Holly~

Honestly there is only one reason why Abby left us in New Jersey, It's because Maddie forgot her dance and it's totally unreasonable.

~Interview over~

"Maybe she is in the ladies room" Melissa says. 

Abby walked into the room about 30 minutes later and all of the girls went silent.

"Does anyone feel a black cloud approaching, What's the weather forecast?" Christi says 

"Well I guess this is a welcome back, New York City didn't turn out the way I had hoped. "Chloe, Y/n congratulations you both are winners, You did not only win for yourselfs, you won for the Abby lee dance company."

"You won for my repetition so that was good" Abby says 

"Um Holly you were quite upset with me,  I think you assumed that I was upset that Maddie ran off of the stage, and you are absolutely right, and that's why I left." 

"As their dance coach, as their teacher, they all deserve a hug" Holly said 

"Nia had you! She went to you when she forgot her dance!" Abby yells back 

"Why don't you be a leader and an adult and console them first!?" Christi yells

"You yelled at Paige and told her she was stupid, and oh when Maddie does it , oh you forgive her and it's ok, it's not her fault." Kelly says

"But I think the case in the point is that we know you don't care-" Christi starts

"Some kids are just special!" Abby yells

"Enough! My time is very valuable, I did not call you in here to discuss this, We are talking about this week. You are going to Nextstar Competition in L.A and those little kids in L.A are good, and you all know that."

"So, let's start with the pyramid." Abby says

Chloe

Y/n Kenzie

Maddie Brooke Nia Paige

Abby went through the whole pyramid before congratulating Chloe and y/n on their win.

"This week we have Chloe doing a solo, y/n will also have a solo." Abby tells them and y/n jumps up and down.

"Mackenzie I entered you in for a solo that you will be doing and this is your time to shine. I entered y/n in a solo this week because I want her to challenge you. I want to see what you can do under the pressure, don't make me regret it." 

"I also entered Maddie for a solo, but I will not have her do it, I need you to get your head back into the game, and think about winning." 

"And my trio is going to be Chloe, Paige, and Brooke, I need you to be fire on that stage." 

"The group number this week is called "I want it now, can you all say that?" Abby says 

"I want it now" the girls reply to her

"Ok let's get started, we are going to win this week." Abby says before letting the moms leave and the girls stretch out. 

*Five days till competition*

~Up with the moms~

Holly: I just want her to do her job. That means when you go to a competition, you sit yourself there until the competition is over. 

Christi: That's part of our fee.

Holly: That is.

Holly: that was pretty depressing down there, I was pretty irritated.  

Christi: We know exactly what happened and she just changed the truth. 

~Interview with Abby~

You know I am a little worried about Chloe leading to victory, Nextstar is a really tough competition.

I just wish that Maddie had her head back in the game.

~Interview over~

Kelly: So everytime something goes wrong, what's she going to do just get up and leave?

Melissa: I don't think she would but... 

Kelly: I think that we need to make it clear to her, that you know what, if you want to leave again then go ahead.

Christi: How do you feel about it Melissa.

Melissa: Well she lied to me, so I was-- I mean, I'm upset because of that. She told me she was going home to her mom. So I called her a car. 

Kelly: But did you say anything to her? Why would you lie to me, you made me look like an idiot. 

Melissa: Nope.

Holly: Well all I can think of is Abby is supposed to be your friend Melissa, and that was not a very friendly thing to do, and a friend doesn't do that to a friend.

Kelly: You should go in their and say something ! Because you are the one she lied too.

Christi: It should be you who confronts her because, you are the one she lied too, not us. 

Christi: Let's look at the brightside, we are going to LA.

Melissa: I am just glad Cathy is not going to be at it. She's so- She's so loud in the audience.

Christi: I have never seen someone so happy about 9th place in my life, Whoo! Whoo!

All the moms laugh

Y/n's Pov:

I was sitting in studio A watching Abby and Chloe go over her new solo.

"Come on y/n" Gianna says 

I follow after her. and we go into an open studio, "Abby wanted me to teach you your solo that way she can just clean it up later." She said and I nodded.

"It's called tears and it's lyrical contemporary so you should be fine" 

Gianna has me lay on the floor for the starting position of my dance then teaches me the rest of it. The dance has many leaps, front aerials, and turns. 

I wish I was doing an acro number this week because I haven't done one in a while but I do really like this number. 

"Do not let your arm's leave your ears after that aerial" She says after I had just finished my front walkover, into some turns.

"Straighten your back knee in the needle and don't let your shoulders or chest drop." 

"Keep your knee straight y/n!" 

"Your getting sloppy y/n, you have a beautiful routine just think about what corrections I am telling you" Gianna says before letting me go home. 

*Three days till competition*

Y/n's Pov: 

So yesterday at home I sprained my wrist attempting to do a back walkover back handspring. Normally I am able to do that, but I just gave up through the back handspring and here I am.

So now I have a brace on it and I am kinda scared for what Abby is going to say because in my solo there are a lot of points where I am using my hands.  

When I walked in Abby was helping Kenzie with her solo, which was Jazz and it's called 'Perfect fit' 

Surprisingly when Abby saw me she didn't say anything about my arm, which was good. I guess my mom had already said something about it to her.

Even though my arm was wrist was hurting I still practiced my solo in the conner. My wrist wasn't hurting too much and lucky for me I can do one handed front walkovers and needle backcatchs with one hand for the time being. 

"Y/n, Nia, Paige, and Maddie I want you all to come in and watch Chloe's solo, I want you to judge what she is doing." Abby says and I sit down next to Paige

~Interview with Christi~ 

I don't know where Abby comes up with these ideas, We teach our kids to be supportive of each other and not judgemental, so you're putting everyone  in an awkward position.

~Interview over~

"Okay comments?" Abby says to us.

Nia, Paige and Maddie all said something and I didn't say anything, If I was dancing and my friends had to judge I would feel weird and scared too. 

Abby lets me leave the room while the girls went to work on the group number. After Abby watched the group number she had me run my solo for her. 

"You hurt your wrist but that is not going to hinder you from doing this whole routine like I know you can. If you have to do something with one  hand then do it but you have to be prepared for this weekend.

"You need to focus on your turn out because you are not turning it fully out and that is why you are falling out of your turns. " Abby says stopping the music 

"Do it again, and think about the little things that will make the judges love your routine." 

I started over at least four times before I actually finished the whole routine, which wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. "Good job" she says as I finish

*Day of competition* 

"All right, Let's go girls" Abby says as we got out of the van. 

We all went into green room. 

"Ok do we know what's first is it trios, group, or solos?"  Kelly says 

"Trio is first" Melissa says.

"Alright guys listen, you need to get fired up and get out there. I think we have a chance because what I saw out there, it's really bad" Abby says 

I was stretching when I heard Abby talking to Maddie about her solo. Maddie told Abby that she would do the solo next week because she is not ready to do it today.

And then they started talking quieter. I really hope that Maddie doesn't do the solo because if she does that will just make my sister more worried then she already is.

We went to the audience to watch the trio, and I thought I was really cute for their first time dancing together. When they got to the kick part Paige forgot to do that and I think I heard Abby whisper for her to kick.

Once the trio was over we went back to the dressing room. 

Abby blamed Paige because the trio didn't do well in her eyes due to her not kicking her leg up on that part. 

"Does it feel better when you win? Or does it when you lose?" Abby asks Kenzie

"Win" she responds back

"Trust me when I say this right now your only competition is y/n and she right now is crippled so if you go go out their and do what I gave you you will win" Abby says to her.

I couldn't tell if Abby was saying that because she was regretting having me do a solo this week or if she just really wanted to turn Kenzie and I against each other.

My mom grabbed my hand and took me to the conner of the room "Do not stress about winning y/n, I want you to go out there and do what y/n does best. OK?"

"Yes" I said hugging her then both Kenzie and I went to the stage.

"Y/n?" Kenzie says

"Yeah?" I said back 

"If I beat you, we will still be friends right?" She said and I nodded

"Of course we will be" 

They called out Kenzie, and she went on. She was doing fine until she went to do her second back handspring and slipped on her sleeve, After that she stopped dancing and when the music was almost over she came off of the stage.

They all went back to the green room but I couldn't go back because I was going on next. 

"Next we have number 181, Y/n with 'Tears'. He says and I walk on stage and the music starts

~Interview with Y/n~

I think that what I am most worried for is my wrist because anything could happen and I don't want to mess up or make a mistake.

~Interview over~

On the front walkover portion of my dance I decided to just go for the front walkover on both hands and if it hurted after that I would just continue doing everything else with one hand.

My hand started hurting but I could not let that show on stage. Rule number 1,204 of Abby's books don't let anything show on stage other than emotion of the dance.

I kept going on until the dance was over and then walked off of the stage back to the green room where everyone was. Then we went back to seats to watch Chloe. 

The competition then announced Maddie and she got up and started crying but Melissa made her sit back down and the announcer went on to call Chloe out.

Chloe did her solo and then we immediately went back for for the group dance. 

When we got back I was cleaning up our makeup and stuff while Abby was screaming at the girls. 

"Girls you guys need to go out there and win there is no reason this number should not." Abby says before leading us all to go watch them dance. 

I thought the group was really cute and fun to watch and all of the girls did really good with it.

After the group dance they started to call out solo awards. 

"Top 10 eight and under solo's, 10th place goes to number 163 'If the shoe fits'" Kenzie go up and got her award, and we all clapped for her.

"And third place for ages 8 and under goes too number 181 'Tears'" I get up and get my award. I'm sad that I didn't get first but I am happy that I came close.

They went on to call on 9-11 solos for top 5. 

"Fifth place goes to number 177, 'Keep Burning' And Chloe got up and got her award. I think Abby is going to be mad because no of us won 1st place. 

"And our final top five for 9-11 duet trio's Third place is going to go to 162 girls in the house." And Brooke got up and got the trio award. 

"And Now our 9-11 small groups top five, And fifth place, is number 227 'I want it now'" Paige then got up. 

Now I know Abby is going to be mad. 

"Girls come on now, I want to talk to you" Abby says coming in the dance room. I didn't know if I should have ran now or later. 

"Mom's I came, I flew 3,000 miles, did everything I am supposed to do, for that? Really?" she says

"You started out great, the individual parts were wonderful, but as soon as you had to come together as a group, To the hell of the hand basket"

"Ok, But why can't we..?" Kelly starts 

"Look at your daughter! She is 14 years old, she couldn't do the turns in second, Her knee is bent! She's late!" Abby says yelling about Brooke 

"Ok well work with her!" Kelly says

"Come to class!" Abby says back

Abby kept yelling at Brooke to do turns in the middle of the room. Which she stood in the conner of the room while I sat next to my mom.

While Kelly and Abby argued my mom made us all get out of the room. While all the other moms stayed in the room. We could hear them arguing outside and Abby left the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.3K 530 39
NaΓ―la has been dancing with Abby since she was three, she won a lot and happened to be a favorite because of that but after falling down the stairs a...
5.6K 143 23
*FORMERLY DANCE BROTHERS* When Kendall's adopted brother comes to live with her and Jill in LA, everyone's lives change. New friends are made. Old ri...
45.7K 1.4K 77
Kelly is on the road to recovery and is yearning for revenge for the one who caused her dance career to be put on hold. Her and her mom have a plan a...
25.3K 301 41
The Abby Lee Dance Company is ready to defend their national title with Abby and her son both leading them, but there's bound to be drama when they h...