This Love~...

By gracexmoormeier

[UNDERGOING EDITING] luke hughes, your college friend invited you to his draft party the year he was seeing i... More

playlist
hughes fam
anxiety
drafted
lake house
pink skies
ellen time
neighbor
hands tied
the archer
move in with me
article
realization
beach day
early birthday
saying goodbye
crash
mini her
haunted
again
hatred
this love
fast forward
bonus chapter: first date
A/N

woah

2.6K 25 15
By gracexmoormeier

"i'm so thankful for all of the girls you loved before, but i love you more"
—— taylor swift

"woah." i said as we pulled away from the kiss.

he chuckled and placed his forehead on mine while we lovingly looked into each others eyes. he pecked my lips and whispered in my ear,

"i love you so much, delilah grace."
"i love you so much, jack rowden."
"hey! how do you know my middle name?"
"trevor."
"i should've known."

he tickled my side as i giggled and tried to get released from his grip.

i ended up getting free and running down the stairs where everyone else was in the living room.

i didn't notice them as jack chased me down the stairs and we ran around the dining room table. he ended up catching me and pinned me against the counter as i begged him not to tickle me.

he just chuckled and lightly held my chin before kissing my lips.

we heard a squeal that made us pull away and look towards everyone that was sitting in the living room.

"what was that?!" abby yelled.

i just looked at jack and we both laughed.

"what happened to your hair?"
"impulse cut. jack did it."
"that's really good, i love it." chloe said and fixed it onto my shoulders.

"are we not going to talk about that kiss?"
"are we not going to talk about how you and trevor ruined it the first time at the beach?"
"we- wait. what?! how do you know that?!"
"i don't know. taylor swift works wonders."
"you mean you can remember everything? like everything it's all back?" trevor asked as everyone looked at me in silence.

i looked over at jack who smiled and held my hand.

"yeah.. she can."
"oh my god!"
"no way!"
"quick! what's my favorite taylor swift song?"
"you belong with me. fearless kinda guy."
"she's back!" he yelled and tackled me in a hug and lifted me off my feet.

"ok, ok, put me down." i laughed.

"ok." he kept holding me before walking outside and walking towards the pool.

"trevor."
"what?"
"do not throw me in."
"woops." he said and threw me in the pool.

i squealed and felt the water splash as i hit the pool. i swam back up and wiped the water away from my eyes and everyone else watched and laughed.

"ow, i actually hurt my foot."
"oh, please, i'm not falling for that." trevor crossed his arms.

i continued my act and pretended to limp all the way over to the edge of the pool. i could tell he actually started to feel bad and he walked over and leaned his arm in to help me out.

that's when i laughed.

"you can be so stupid sometimes." i said then pulled him in.

he flew in the pool and came back up with a pout.

i laughed at him and then everyone decided to jump in with us. well everyone but jim and ellen.

we all quickly changed into our bathing suits and went back into the water.

they played music on the speakers outside while we all played around with a volleyball in the pool.

ever since i joined this friend group somehow i've turned them into major swifties, so ellen played a taylor mix and we were all just jamming out.

the boys were all playing while the girls and i sat on the edge of the pool and just talked while watching the boys play around.

"so what's the whole relationship status with mr. rowden loverboy hughes?" chloe asked nudging my shoulder.

"i don't really know. things happened kinda quickly and we haven't had time to really talk about it." i said looking at jack in the pool.

"well now you both know you like each other, something's gotta happen now."
"i told him i love him."
"woah, what?"
"yeah.. i mean it was really out of the blue. but i was listening to music while he was cleaning my bathroom from my haircut and everything just came back to me. so he came back and i told him i love him and he kissed me and here we are."
"that's so cute." abby and chloe chorused.

i laughed and looked down at my lap from embarrassment.

"hey girls, we're going out on the lake, wanna come?"
"sure." we all said and got up with the boys.

we brought a speaker out in the boat and drove it around in the lake. the guys did some wake surfing while the girls and i watched. we all decided to head in the water a bit so i jumped in by jack.

he swam over to me and placed his hands on my waist.

"you're so beautiful..."
"uh huh, i look like a wet rat right now."
"i've never seen a rat so pretty."

i laughed and he kissed my forehead.

"hey, jack?"
"yeah?"
"what are we? you know after..."
"well what do you want to be?"
"your girlfriend."
"ok, delilah, can i be your boyfriend?"
"yes..."
"so.. it's official."
"we're dating."

he smiled down at me before placing a soft kiss to my lips. i placed one hand on his jawline and the other in his hair as we continued to kiss in the water.

"ugh, gross." luke groaned when he looked at us.

we both pulled away and looked at luke before laughing. i swam over to luke and gave him a hug.

"i'm happy you're back, deli."
"well i never went anywhere."
"i know but it almost felt like a piece of you was gone when everything happened. but now you're completely back and it just feels so much better."
"yeah..."
"what made you want to cut your hair?"
"i don't really know, i was really stressed out and wanted to change something so i decided cutting my hair was the choice. jack caught me before i did anything and then he did it which probably is for the best because he was more level headed."
"yeah, when you're stressed out there's no changing your mind."
"hey!" i lightly shoved his shoulder.

"i love you deli cakes."
"i love you too, lukey. now it's your turn to find a girl."
"yeah, right."
"i'll find someone for you."
"so now that everything's back to normal are you moving back home?"
"uh... i don't know. i might try to find my own place. connor said some things before i left and i don't think it's a good idea that i go back."
"you can still stay with us, dells. you're family we'd love to have you stay. plus i think my mom would rather have you there then the rest of us."
"yeah but you're all leaving for hockey soon so do i really want to be at your parents house alone?"
"i'm sure jack would let you stay with him. he has a really nice apartment in new jersey."
"yeah but i don't want to ask him that. i'm sure i'll be fine, luke."
"no you won't be, i'm asking for you." he said and swam away.

"luke, come on." i groaned.

"hey, jack. what do you feel about deli moving in with you when we go to jersey?"
"will you move in with me? i was actually going to ask if you wanted to cause i don't want you living with connor anymore."
"you want me to?"
"yeah, of course i do."
"sure, i'll move in with you, jack."
"good. and now you can go full time online for school or you can even drop out. your songs both have reached over a million streams already."
"i'll have to think about the dropping out, but we'll see." i laughed.

after a few minutes of swimming around we all got out of the lake and went home to shower and get ready for bed.

once i got out of the shower i got dressed and brushed my hair when i got a text on my phone.

jack <3

come to my room when ur
done showering

lilah <3

ok :)

i grabbed my throw blanket and my turtle stuffed animal and headed over to jacks room. i lightly knocked on his door and i heard a quiet 'come in' from inside.

i opened the door and walked in, shutting it behind me.

jack smiled at me and patted his bed telling me to lay down with him so i walked over and laid down next to him while looking at his ceiling.

"when we get back i'm going to take you on a date."
"where?" i asked looking at him.

"it's a suprise, but i already called and made reservations so you can't say no."
"i wasn't going to."
"good." he said and lightly pecked my lips.

"i can't believe i get to kiss you whenever i want."
"i cant believe i'm going to live with you."
"i can."

i smiled and looked down at the turtle i was holding in my lap. jack grabbed my waist and picked me up, sitting me in his lap while his back was against his head board.

"you're so cute."
"shut up." i said and felt my cheeks heat up.

liked by delilah.paisley, lukehughes_06, trevorzegras and 38,392 more...

jackhughes the past month has been a rollercoaster, but i couldn't be any happier with how it all ended. when i thought everything was crashing down you came back and made everything better. i couldn't be more proud of the person you've become and now i can tell everyone that you're the best thing that's ever been mine. this love couldn't be more alive and i hope i never lose you, i hope it never ends. i love you so much, d, forever and always 🩷

comments turned off

liked by jackhughes, aarondessner, laurenspencersmith and 32,394 more...

delilah.paisley through everything you remained the one person i went to for everything.  you stayed with me through it all and i couldn't be more grateful for how patient you were with me and my impulsive decisions. you said you wanted me for worse or for better, and that's how you got the girl. you and i are lost in wonderland but i hope the sparks fly forever. i love you, king of my heart 🩷

comments turned off

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 857 18
。°✩ | ˗ˏˋ ☆ ˎˊ˗ | 𝘁𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 "with you by my side forever tethered evermore" ❝ you don't get to pity yourself. you caused this ❞ ❝ i don't know...
18.1K 497 14
when sunny got her dream job, she never expected to meet her dream boy with it. social media/reality
122K 1.8K 47
sequel to Dessert • • • • Jack Hughes x OC
29.1K 667 31
to him, she was always his heaven.