The Lost Time Lord (A Doctor...

By BreadstixandFanfix

Mary Perdita didn't know a thing about herself. That's not just seem deep metaphorical phrase, she really did... More

BOOK TRAILER
New Cover!!!!!
PART ONE
Chapter One: John Smith
Chapter Two: The Missus and The Ex
Chapter Three: K-9 Mark 3
Chapter Four: Time Lords
Chapter Five: Do You Trust Me?
Chapter Six: Are You Sure She's Human?
Chapter Seven: Join Us
Chapter Eight: That's All About To Change
Chapter Nine: You're Scared Of A Broken Clock?
Chapter Ten: Rather Unexpected
Chapter Eleven: We Are The Same
Chapter Twelve: A Door Once Opened
Chapter Thirteen: The Lonely Angel and The Beautiful Mystery
Chapter Fourteen: Someone You've Never Met
Chapter Fifteen: Cybus Industries
Chapter Sixteen: The Preachers
Chapter Seventeen: I Don't Remember
Chapter Eighteen: You Can Trust Me
Chapter Nineteen: Ordinary
Chapter Twenty: Something Else
Chapter Twenty-One: London-y New York, 1953
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Queen Does The Housework
Chapter Twenty-Three: Florizel Street
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Doctor's Mickey Smith
Chapter Twenty-Five: God Save The Queen
Chapter Twenty-Six: Right and Wrong
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Space Base
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Black Holes and Card Catalogs
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Die In Ignorance
Chapter Thirty: The Pit Is Open
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Satan Pit (Mary's Version)
Chapter Thirty-Three: Still Me
Chapter Thirty-Four: Passing Fancy
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Doctor, Lewis, and Clark
Chapter Thirty-Six: Different But The Same
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Find You Again
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Thought It Was Over
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Night Like This
Chapter Forty: Ghost Shift
Chapter Forty-One: Torchwood
Chapter Forty-Two: Great Big Ball of Nothing
Chapter Forty-Three: Through the Void
Chapter Forty-Four: Talk About Impossible
Chapter Forty-Five: Jacqueline Andrea Suzette Tyler

Chapter Thirty-One: The Satan Pit

1.1K 51 2
By BreadstixandFanfix

"We're stabilizing. We've got Orbit."

"Doctor! Doctor, can you hear me? Doctor, Ida, are you there?" 

"Jefferson, what's happening there?"

"I've got very little ammunition, sir. How about you?"

"All I've got is a bolt-gun with uh...all of one bolt. I could take out a grand total of one Ood. Fat lot of good that is. "

"Given the emergency, I recommend strategy nine."

"Strategy nine agreed. Right, we need to get everyone together. Rose, what about Ida and the Doctor? Any word?"

"I can't get a reply. Just nothing. I keep trying, but its..."

"No," I said through a burst of static, "Sorry, I'm fine. Still here!" 

"You could have said, you stupid-" A loud burst of feedback cut off her words, causing me to wince. 

"Whoa, careful!" I warned. "Anyway, both of us, me and Ida. Hello! But the seal opened up. Its gone. All we've got left is this...chasm."

"How deep is it?" Zack questioned.

"Can't tell. Looks like it goes down forever."

"The pit is open," Rose noted, "That's what the voice said."

"But there's nothing. I mean, there's nothing coming out?"

"No, no, no. No sign of 'the beast'." 

"It said Satan."

"Come on, Rose. Keep it together." I told her. 

"Is there no such thing? Doctor?" She asked. "Doctor, tell me there's no such thing."

"Ida, I recommend that you withdraw immediately." 

"But we've come all this way." She said, throwing her hands up. 

"Ok, that was an order. Withdraw! When that thing opened, the whole planet shifted. One more inch and we fall into the black hole so this thing stops right now." 

"Doctor, what about Mary?" Rose asked.

"Its not much better up there with the Ood." Ida argued.

"Yes, and Rose is right, my friend might still be down here somewhere." 

"I'm initiating strategy nine so I need the two of you back up top immediately. No-" She hit a button on her suit, cutting off the transmission. I raised my eyebrows. 

"What do you think?" She asked. I stepped up to the edge of the seal.

"He gave an order." I replied. 

"Yeah, but...what do you think?"

"I think...that I don't want to leave without knowing whether or not my friend is ok." I answered.

"If there's something in there, why is it still hiding?"

"Maybe we opened the prison, but not the cell." I theorized. 

"We should go down," She said, "I'd go. What about you?"

"Oh, oh in a second," I agreed, "But then again...that is so human. Where angels fear to tread. Even now, standing on the edge, its that feeling you get, yeah? Right at the back of your head. That impulse, that strange little impulse. That mad little voice saying, 'Go on, go on, go on. Go over, go on.' Maybe its relying on that. For once in my life, Officer Scott, I'm going to say...retreat. Now I know we're getting old."

"Well I could've told you that." 

My eyes widened as a voice came over the comms that I hadn't heard in almost two days. 

"Mary?!" I asked, holding my wrist up to my mouth. 

"Yes, sir, I'm hearing you."

"Mary, where are you?!" I exclaimed. "We're down in the mineshaft, we can come and get you."

"Oh I wouldn't worry about that. I'm safe in the TARDIS and you two or working with borrowed time, as far as oxygen goes. Either stay where you are or go back to the station, either way, I'm coming to you once I- Good lord! The interference down here is wreaking havoc on the nav systems. Its like television in the 50s!"

"Sorry, nav systems?" I asked, turning away from Ida. "Since when do you know how to operate the nav systems?"

"Oh, Doctor. Now is really not the time to start asking questions like that. The answer is long and dramatic, and neither of us has the time for that sort of explanation." She said. "I'm recommending you make good on that 'retreat' idea. I'll be right behind you." 

"Hold on, you're not going to fly the TARDIS." I said. "You're good Mary, but you're not that good."

"Oh yeah? Watch me."

"Mary-"

"Doctor, seriously, we do not have time to discuss this. You and Officer Scott need to get back up to the station, and from what I hear, they're working on instituting strategy nine, which sounds big and dangerous, so I'm gonna need you to trust me." 

"To fly the TARDIS?" I repeated.

"Do you trust me or not?" She asked. I sighed, shaking my head. 

"Right behind us, yeah?" 

"Right behind." She chorused. I nodded, turning around and leading the way back towards the lift, with Ida falling into step beside me. 

"What is Strategy Nine?" I questioned. 

"Open the airlocks, "She said, "We'll be safe inside the lockdown."

I raised my wrist to my lips again.

"Mary, are you sure you can-"

"That doesn't sound like trusting me."

"Its your first time flying the TARDIS, with less than 48 hours to learn how to fly the TARDIS, and you're trying to fly into the heart of a space station sat beneath a black hole with faulty navigation systems that you shouldn't even know how to use."

"I quite like those odds, actually." I shook my head. "Doctor, I promise, I know what I'm doing. Just try to stay alive long enough for me to explain how, ok?"

I sighed, gritting my teeth before stepping into the lift, allowing Ida to shut the door behind us. 

"Ok, we're in. Bring us up." She said. 

"Ascension in three, two, one."

The lights in the lift flickered before ultimately going out, with the only light left being the one in each our helmets. 

"This is the darkness. This is my domain. You little things that live in the light, clinging to your feeble suns which die, in the end...Only the darkness remains."

"This is Captain Zachary Cross Flane of Sanctuary Base 6, representing the Torchwood Archive. You will identify yourself." 

"You know my name."

"What do you want?"

"You will die here, all of you. This planet is your grave. "

"If you are the beast the answer me this," I demanded, "Which one, hmm? 'Cause the universe has been busy since you've been gone. There's more religions than there are planets in the sky. The Arkiphets, Quoldonity, Christianity, Pash Pash, Neo-Judaism, San Claar, the Church of the Tin Vagabond. Which devil are you?"

"All of them."

"What, then you're the truth behind the myth?"

"This one knows me as I know him. The killer of his own kind."

"How did you end up on this rock?" I asked. 

"The disciples of the Light rose up against me and chained me in the Pit for all eternity."

"When was this?"

"Before time." 

"What does that mean?" I questioned furrowing my eyebrows. "What does before time mean?"

"Before time and light and space and matter. Before the cataclysm. Before this universe was created. "

"That's impossible," I replied, "No life could have existed back then." 

"Is that your religion? "

"Its a belief."

"You know nothing. All of you, so small. The captain, so scared of command. The soldier, haunted by the eyes of his wife. The scientist, still running from daddy. The little boy who lied, the virgin, and the lost girl, so far away from home. The valiant child who will die in battle oh so very soon."

"Doctor, what does that mean?"

"Rose, don't listen." I said. 

"You will die...and I will live."

A giant roar cut off the Beast's transmission, and the others began launching into panic.

"What the hell was that?" Danny asked. 

"Doctor, what did it mean?"

"What do we do?"

"Captain, what's the situation with Strategy Nine?"

"We've lost pictures, did anyone get an analysis?"

"How did it know-"

"Stop, everyone just stop-" I tried, attempting to talk over them.

"What do we do?"

"Report-"

"ALL OF YOU, SHUT UP!" Mary's voice sounded through the comms, cutting off the panicked ramblings of the crew. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524 52 7
Thea Lyon was always on the outside looking in she didn't fit anywhere, she was born into a powerful coven, but was left out when they found out that...
309 46 5
Alcyone Hart has spent all her life studying stars and planets and galaxies, believing there's more than meets the eye. She wouldn't call herself a t...
87.4K 2.2K 73
πƒπŽπ‚π“πŽπ‘ π–π‡πŽ: SEASONS 4, 5, 6 & 7 ➫ 10th & 11th Doctor x OC ━━━━━━━━━━ ΞΉΡ•Ξ±Π²Ρ”β„“β„“Ρ” βˆ‚Ο…ΠΈΠΈΡ” is a twenty-five year old woman from the year 2030. She...
17.9K 383 20
The doctor had a little girl but didn't want to risk her life by looking after her in the TARDIS. He went to earth 2004 and placed her carefully in a...