๐’๐“๐€๐‘ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐€๐‹ ยฅ...

Av chocolex122

...๐ญ๐ซ๐ฒ๐ง๐š ๐›๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฒ๐ง๐š ๐›๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ž๏ฟฝ... Mer

๐’๐“๐€๐‘ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐€๐‹
๐€๐„๐’๐“๐‡๐„๐“๐ˆ๐‚ & ๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“
โ•šยปโ˜…ยซโ• ๐๐Ž๐“๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐€๐‹ โ•šยปโ˜…ยซโ•
"๐‹๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ, ๐ƒ๐จ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐–๐š๐ง๐ง๐š ๐Š๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐š ๐’๐ž๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ?"
"๐ƒ๐š๐๐๐ฒ, ๐Œ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž๐ฒ ๐“๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐Œ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ!"
"๐Ž๐ฉ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐š, ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ฆ, ๐–๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐‡๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐†๐จ๐ง๐ž?"
"๐’๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐š ๐’๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ง๐ž๐š๐ค."
"๐‰๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Œ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ˆ๐ญ ๐‡๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง."
"๐ˆ ๐‰๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ--๐ˆ ๐‘๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐–๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ."
"๐Ž๐ก, ๐’๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐๐จ๐ญ ๐๐ฒ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Œ๐จ๐จ๐ง!"
"๐ˆ ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐‹๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐‘๐จ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ!"

"๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ข๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐›๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง?"

902 63 8
Av chocolex122

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗/ 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐏𝐀𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀𝐇 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐀, even rarer still for her to be seen without her manager/father, but sometimes that's how it was.

Opal sat across from a familiar face, arms crossed silently in front of her. She tapped her finger against her elbow as her Lawyer shifted in her seat. Her manager, Victor was down with the flu so it was just them. The person across from her shifted in their chair uncomfortably as their music executive leaned forward to speak.

Opal beat him to it, "No."

The room grew tense, "No?" The music exec—Opal never cared to learn her name—blinked as if shocked. They've done this three times before.

Opal looked at her sister's rival, she never really cared for their rivalry. Business was business she wrote songs for Hannah Montana and sometimes for other artists which sometimes included Mickayla.

Opal was a growing name in the writer's space not only for her talent but her lack of leniency. She didn't believe in selling her property just because her face wasn't on it. She didn't share credit, if you didn't help write it why would your name be on it? She liked receiving royalty checks in the mail, and she owned the copyright to every song she's ever written, the studios only owned the masters or the recordings that their artists did. If Opal wanted to give the song to another artist she could, but she doesn't.

"Miss Opal, I don't think you heard me, allow me to reiterate—."

"I heard what you said, and I have given you my answer, I don't understand what is so hard for you to understand."

"Mikayla's career is—."

"Mikayla's career is not of importance to me, do you want to record my song or not?" Opal said dryly, adjusting the red retro glasses perched on her nose, red afro bouncing as she cocked her head to the side.

"We do but—."

"My terms are not changing, you want the song, I will be the only one credited as a writer."

Mikayla sat forward, looking at her imploringly, "Listen, audiences like it more when their favourite artists are also songwriters."

"Then write your own music," Opal retorted looking down at her watch. She had to be at her sister's clothing line drop at the mall.

"Just this one time—."

"Give a finger, lose a hand," Opal said lightly, "I do this for you, it sets a bad precedent, I don't just have these terms to be mean, I'm protecting myself as an artist in my own right, how would you feel if someone found a recording of you singing, lip-synced to it and pretended to be the one singing?" Opal cocks an invisible brow. "Now imagine how I would feel if you're credited for something I did. It doesn't seem fair does it?"

"Hannah Montana has writing credits! Does she get special treatment because her daddy decided to pick you up one day?!" Makayla snapped in frustration and Opal's lawyer sucked in a sharp breath, reaching out to shut the files containing their contract, knowing for a fact they will never be signed.

Opal scowled dangerously, "Not that it's any of your business but I'm not adopted, Hanaha is my sister. Second of all my sister actually has musical talent, the same can't be said about you," she smiled snidely and stood suddenly, "We're done here, find another writer," she directed to the stricken executive. "See how far you can get without me there to hold your hand. Have a good day," she turned on her heel and swept from the room, her lawyer in tow.

"I take it we'll not be doing business with them again."

"What gave it away? My sunny disposition?" Opal said playfully, "Thanks for accompanying me, Clara."

The woman waved her off, "Don't worry about it, kid, it's my job," they stepped out of the building where her driver was waiting.

"Do you need a ride?" Opal asked politely and her lawyer shook her head.

"Nah," she checked her watch, "I'm off the clock for today and we're near my favourite sandwich place, it's almost as good as the bodega I used to go to in New York, I'll be seeing you, kid."

She waved as Opal slipped into the car. "Home?" Her driver inquired.

"Can you take me down to Paulo's then drop me off at the mall, please."

"You got it."

~~~~

"Oh, Paulo!" Opal called into the jewellery store, it was empty as it usually was on a weekday afternoon. She looked around at all the glittering jewelry in their beautifully polished display cases.

"Do my ears deceive me?" Said the man poked his head out from the back, holding a monocle in one hand and an unfinished ring in the other. "Opal, my sweet girl!" He cried in delight, absconding his project to eagerly greet her, pressing kiss on both her cheeks.

"Did you miss Paulo?" He inquired happily, his Italian accent thick.

"Always."

"What can I do for you today?"

"I'd like to order something custom," Ophelia said lightly looking over the rings he had on display,

"How soon do you need it?"

"How soon can you get it done?"

The man raised his brows at the challenge, "What is it?"

"A necklace," Opal hummed as the doorbell rang when a customer entered.

"Paulo will be with you in just a minute," he said looking over Opal's shoulder.

"I need it like this," she showed him the necklace that was once her mother's, "But with citrin instead of opal and gold instead of silver."

"Ah, for your sister, yes?"

Opal hummed in confirmation.

"I can have it done by next week," the man said, "I don't have citrin but I have Topaz which is also a November stone and it comes in different colours so...", he trailed off moving to the back to look at his stones. He returned a few moments later with three different pouches. He emptied a few stones onto the surface in front of them. "I recommend the pink because she's Hannah Montana—."

Someone behind her released a choked gasp, they're deftly ignored.

"—but the Swiss blue will do wonders for her eyes," Paulo continues. "Show me your necklace again," he observed how it was held. "I can do something similar and I have a gold chain just like this one," he moves around the counter, "excusie," he moves passed his customers and Opal does a double take when she spots a familiar face.

Amber.

She's standing there gaping at Opal while a man that she assumes is the girl's father talks on his phone.

"Y-you know Hannah Montana?" She questions and Opal is saved from answering when Paulo draws her attention again. Holding said chain in hand.

"Yes, yes," he nods, "I can have it all done by next week."

Opal smiles, "Thank you, you can just charge my card."

"Anything else I can help you with sweet girl?"

"This," she points to the silver rings on display, they're a set of ten, five normal rings and five knuckle rings of differing sizes. He pulls them out for her.

"I bit more simple than you normally wear," he observes.

"Perhaps," she says, it's the ring for the middle finger that resembles a vine that caught her attention. "I want these, they might be a bit big though."

"Easy fix," the man waved her off, he knew her ring size, "Give Paulo five minutes," he turned and disappeared into the back with the rings and Opal continued to look over the jewelry he had on display.

"I didn't know Hannah Montana had a sister," Amber whispered taking a step forward to peer at Opal closely and the younger girl was quick to angle her head downward.

"Yeah well she isn't one to brag," Opal said lightly before turning away.

"I think I've seen you before, what's your name?"

"Opal."

"Y-you write Hanaha Montana's songs don't you?" Amber blinked in shock bouncing on her heels. "You made her famous."

Opal grimaced, "Hardly, that's just raw talent on her part," she said lightly.

"Can you make me famous?"

Opal laughed, she couldn't help it. Amber? Asking her for something? Who would have thought? Opal cocked her head, leaning against the display case, crossing her ankles, her clunky red heels tapping against the floor. "No."

Amber's expression dropped. "Why not?"

"I don't even know you, and I frankly don't go around waving a magic stick at people that say "famous" on it," Opal said with a shrug, "I have a life. I don't even know if you have talent—."

"I do! I-I can sing for you—."

Opal held up a hand with a grimace, "Please don't, I really don't have the energy for that today."

"Here you are, sweet girl," Paulo appeared holding out a velvet bag with his store's logo on it.

"Thank you, Paulo, I'll see you next week," she kissed his cheeks before turning around, she fixed Amber with a blank stare.

"You have a nice day," she then strutted passed, waving a flippant hand behind her.

"To the mall now please," she told her driver settling back in her seat.

~~~~

"Look who finally made it," Her dad cooed the moment she was in earshot. "How much did you spend?" He asked noticing the jewelry bag in her hands.

"Not enough," Opal grinned and her dad winced. "It's my money," she protested, "I rarely use it anyway. You should be glad to have a daughter who is responsible with the money she makes."

"Until it comes to books and special edition vinyl."

Opal pouted and turned her head away, "We all have our vices, Miley has shoes, I have my books, you have your hair products and Jackson has his... axe body spray," they both grimaced at the mention. Jackson had a terrible habit of bathing himself in that stuff. Opal was so glad she had her own Bathroom and an entire floor to herself, (because she needed the space) it made life so much easier, especially in the morning when Jackson and Miley did nothing but scream at each other.

She needed peace.

If not, someone would die.

She made sure to slip her jewelry bag into her purse before both she and her dad moved towards where Hannah was signing pictures of her own face that people were gonna take home.

Opal didn't get it.

"You're here, finally,"  Hannah beamed, "Here try this," she held up a gold  scarf to Opal's face, "does that wash her out?" She asked their dad.

"Gold's too overpowering, put her in silver," he hummed as Roxy's yelling reached them from the line going out the door.

They looked over to spot Roxy glowering over a ten-year-old. "Say Ahh!" She bellowed and the poor girl flinched opening her mouth. Roxy produced a dental mirror to check her braces

"Daddy, you know I love Roxy, she's the best bodyguard we've ever had, but ever since she got back from her Marine Corps reunion she's been a little—."

"Open wider!"

"Ahhhh!"

"In your face," Hannah finished with a pitiful wince.

"She's just lookin' out for you, darling."

"I personally think it's hilarious," Opal admitted. "She body slammed a kid at my birthday."

"Oh I remember, guess who had to foot his long hospital bill?" Their dad raised his brows and Opal laughed.

"And remember Roxy is the person who threw herself in between you and that sneezin' fan in Cleveland," Opal made sure to point out and her sister nodded.

"You're right."

"Alright, she's clean!" Roxy confirmed. "Doesn't floss but she clean! Move along."

The girl rolled her eyes.

"Hey!"

She turned.

Roxy pointed at her eyes before pointing at her own. "I got my eyes on you!" She hissed and Opal giggled at the look on the little girl's face as she shuffled towards where they were standing to get an autograph from Hannah.

Lola (Lily) walked up to them a second later, her purple bob bouncing around her chin.

"This is incredible, all these fans and the store even made a mannequin of me!" Hannah gushed, pointing at the life-sized mannequin propped up beside them.

"That's not a mannequin. That's a "Hannah-quin", Miss Montanna-quin," Lola quipped broadly earning a giggle of amusement from Opal.

That was so stupid.

Hannah turned with a smile only for it to fall, as she grabbed a photo to sign from a fan,  "Oh no!"

Lola pouted, "What? That was cute-quin."

"No," Hannah pointed to where she and Opal's dad were searching through clothing items. The sisters both grimaced. "I think our dad is shopping for my birthday present."

Lola rolled her eyes, "Oh no! Someone's gonna buy you something really cool and expensive!" She mocked lightly gripping Hannah by the arms and shaking her. "Whatever will you do?!"

"No! Lily, you don't get it," Hannah started getting the next photo to sign to keep the line moving. "As a dad, he knows everything about everything, but as a shopper—let's just say the alarm should go off when he comes into the store!"

The trio all turned to look at their dad and picked up a horrid flowery purple dress.

"You're right all that dress needs is a sheep and a bonnet and your little bo geek," Lola shook her head.

"I love him but the man shouldn't be allowed into the teen department with a credit card."

Lola looked to Opal suddenly, "Does he buy you things like that?"

Opal shook her head, "He tends to get me rare or special edition instruments or vinyls for my birthday remember he got me the Black Beauty Les Paul, the original from 1952," Opal gushed. "It's amazing."

"Oh, will someone please stop him!" Hannah cried and Roxy was immediately on the prowl.

"STOP WHO?! WHERE?! I'LL GET HIM! HAAAAAHHHH!"

They all watched her shoot out of the store and a loud and sudden crash followed. "He's clean!"

"Well, that's another medical bill Daddy's gonna have to pay for."

~~~~

Ophelia lounged in Miley's Hannah closet on one of her cheetah print sofas, casually strumming at her acoustic guitar trying to come up with a song.

"Mom always knew the right stuff to buy me, she had great taste," Miley complained to Lily and Ofie had to agree.

Their mom had impeccable taste.

"But dad, oh, man," she grimaced. "He had the taste of a month-old pickle."

"Look, no dad knows how to shop for a girl. You know what my dad got me for my last birthday? A saving bond! You can touch it. You can feel it but you can't spend it," Lily huffed. "Pointless!"

"Look, I'll take savings bond over one of these presents any day," Miley moved towards one of the many closets she had within her closet pulling it open she presented: "Behold! The ghosts of holidays passed!"

She pulled two dresses out holding them up for Lily to see.

"I don't remember them being that awful," Ofie scrunched her nose pointing to the pink one that Miley saved her from wearing one year.

"I think I'm gonna be sick. I need a fashion magazine!" Lily lunged for a magazine flipping through the catalogue. "Oh! Cool! Hip! Trendy! Okay all better."

The sisters shared an amused look over the blonde's shoulder.

"I can't believe you actually wore those in public."

"Please!" Ofie scoffed putting her guitar aside. "They never made it out of the house, two years ago she made me dump tomato juice on her, the year after I had to run into her with a plate of spaghetti."

"That's what little sisters do," Miley cooed at her and she rolled her eyes.

"Why don't you just say something to him?"

"Because I didn't wanna hurt his feelings! You should see the look on his face when gives them to me and says," She threw her arm around Lily's shoulders. " "I picked this out special for you, bud."," she then proceeded to pout and bat her lashes.

"Where do you think I learned the puppy dog look from?" Ophelia pointed out.

"Yeah," Lily sighed. "That's the look you gave me to get me to give up my seat last year on the field trip. I sat next to puking Jenna for an hour."

Ophelia simply smiled innocently.

"Well, you know, I don't think I can take another one of those looks or another one of his presents," Miley huffed dropping into a seat next to Ophelia. "There's gotta be a way to stop him from "Shopping" again."

"Well, what are you gonna do? It's not like he's gonna take you along with him," Lily sighed as pushed Ofie's feet off the couch to sit beside her.

"True..." Miley's face grew triumphant in thought and she smirked at Lily and Ophelia. "But he might take you guys."

"Excuse me!"

"Ah! Jesus Christ!" Ofie screeched pressing a hand to her chest and they all turned to the spinning closet to spot Roxy with her metal detector.

"If I can squeeze through the air vent, so can someone else, we're gonna work on that—I'll deal with your room later!" She pointed right at Ophelia as she disappeared behind the clothes.

~~~~

"I thought you already bought Miley a present, Baby," her daddy said as she slowly moved through the same clothing store where Hannah's clothing line had debuted.

Ofie hummed, "Gonna buy a backup in case she doesn't like the other one," she said looking through the racks for something she might want to pick up for herself. Too pink. Too orange. Too much zebra print.

"Miley will love anything you've gotten her."

"Mr. Stewart! Ofie!"

They both turned and Ofie pretended to be shocked at the sight of Lily.

"Hey, Lils."

"Hey, Lily."

"What on earth are you doing here?" Lily asked a little too loudly and a little too curious.

"Oh, I'm still hunting for just that right birthday present for my little girl. Baby's just helpin'," he said motioning to the clothing wrack.

"What a coinkidink—so am I!"

"Cool, you could help," Ofie smiled indulgently.

"So..have you found anything?" Lily asked curiously, looking like she might throw up as she moved beside Ofie.

"You guys are such bad actors," Ofie muttered earning a smack to the thigh.

"Nope," her dad sighed.

"Well, here's a wacky thought—maybe I could help you guys out, since we're both co-inki-dinky here—co-ink-dinkly," Lily offered and Ofie fixed her with a flat stare.

"It's not a bad idea, is it Baby?" He turned to his youngest who nodded brightly. "What do you guys think of this little number?" He held up a pretty cute pastel blue-boho dress. Ofie would wear it.

But apparently, her sister who she had just spotted hiding among the clothes shook her head rapidly and gave a double thumbs down.

"What do I think? What do I think? I'm gonna have to give it a thumbs down," Lily shook her head.

"Really?" He looked to Ofie for confirmation and she nodded in agreement.

"It's cute just not Miley's style—what about something over here," she led them to the back corner where things that more aligned with Miley's style were displayed. Watching Miley get kicked out.

~~~~

"I don't know. Maybe we should try another store," her dad said as Ophelia and Lily trailed after him.

"No! We haven't checked everywhere yet. I'm sure we can find her somewhere—her something somewhere!" Lily protested.

"My feet hurt," Ofie muttered as they came to a stop in front of one of Hannah Montana's mannequins, her comment earned her a smack to the back of the head. She reared around to glower at Lily. "Stop it!"

"Stop it what?" Lily raised her brows confused as she looked around for Miley.

There was a tap on Ofie's shoulder and she turned with a frown, all there was behind her was the mannequin. She turned back around going to take a step away. "Lily! Ofie!" Someone hissed and Ofie frowned.

They turned back to the mannequin. And the thing waved. They both flinched before realizing but was Miley pretending to be her own mannequin.

"Whoa!"

"What? Did you find anything?" Her dad came over curiously.

"L-look! Pink!" Lily lead him away as Ifie stared at her sister in disbelief. She went to follow but as a woman walked passed Kiley holding a pretty brown jacket Miley reached out and snatched it. The woman turned confused seeing it in the mannequin's hand. She tried to get it back but Miley scarred her away.

Ofie rolled her eyes and stepped forward to take it. "You're a menace to society," she told her sister honestly earning a face fully of jacket. "Ow!"

"I think I saw something with a big bow over here."

"Dad, look!" Ofie held out the casket after shooting her sister a glare.

"Hey, that's nice, where'd you find that?" He came over looking it over with an impressed raise of him brow.

"Oh, I just looked over and it smacked me in the eye," she made sure for say pointedly. She would get Miley back for that.

"Think she'd like it?"

"Yeah, Mr. Stewart, it is so her style," Lily agreed. "I think if she were here she'd be all over it."

"Then let's do it," as he walked passed the mannequin, he looked at it oddly. "Man that thing is lifelike," he leaned forward. "They even got the freckles right," he went to touch her.

"Look!" Ofie grabbed his hand, "No line at register two!" She then dragged her dad away, ignoring the sudden stampede of people exiting the store with frightened expressions.

~~~~
Miley's birthday was structured a bit differently than Ofie's. There actually wasn't an explicit plan to do anything big but Ofie had gone around and invited people to the party. As far as Miley was concerned it was going to be a small party.

They sat around the living room, giving Miley their presents. As Lily handed Miley her gift Roxy snatched it. "Hold up there! Has this bag been out of your sight or control since the time you wrapped it?!"

Lily made a face trying to remember.

"Roxy, you're here for Miley's birthday, you're a guest! You're off the clock. Relax!" They dad said but Roxy shook her head.

"Mm-mmm! Danger never takes a vacation," she looked through it. "All clear, and girl you're gonna love it!"

Mikey reached in and pulled out a brown purse and embroidered with flowers, one no doubt bought to match the jacket they dad brought.

"Lily this is awesome!" They hugged, "It gonna look so good with the jacket," Miley whispered excitedly.

"I know."

Jackson gifted her with seat covers for his car.

Ofie beamed when it was her turn. Her gift was much smaller than all the others but that was okay. She reached out to gift Miley a small gift bag. "Happy birthday, Miles."

Roxy didn't make a move to snatch this one. "I already checked, you are gonna love this one."

Miley grinned brightly and first pulled out the card Ophelia's wrote, in it was gift card to their favourite coffee spot but it was what was written that interested Miley more. "To Miley," she started reading. "You are a constant reminder that in this world I am never truly alone. You are the person who holds me on bad times, you are the person who dances with me in happiness. I can't recall a single day that you were absent from my life, love your little sister Ofie. Aww!" Miley pouted before leaning over to hug Ofie tightly. "I love you so much," she whispered and Ofie beamed hugging her back tightly.

"Open the gift!" Ophelia grinned letting go and motioning for her to do it.

Miley eagerly pulled out a wrapped box, placing the bag on the floor before ripping the paper. She made an intrigued sound at the sight of the jewellery box grinning excited before slowly opening it.

She gasped and everyone leaned over to see.

"Oh wow," Lily whispered.

"It's like—."

"It's like mom's," Miley whispered, delicately pulling the necklace from the box, letting it dangle from her fingers. Taking in the gold chain and the blue stone in it.

"Yeah, the stone is your birthstone. I thought about getting it in pink because well it's your favourite colour but decided that mom would have liked something to bring out your eyes instead," Ofie smiled softly. "Happy birthday."

Miley sobbed, "Oh! I love it it's perfect," she cried wrapping her arms around Ofie who hugged her back tightly. "This is the best gift ever, thank you."

"Of course.

"Can you help me put it on?"

Opheli did that just, the stone sitting between her collar bones. "Look! Now we match."

"I love you," Miley said again.

"Love you too sis, c'mon, daddy's gift is left. I wonder what he got?"

Miley happily put the empty box aside and looked at their dad excitedly. "Happy birthday bud!" He handed her his gift bag. "Nowhere near as good but heartfelt all the same."

"I have no idea what this is. But that's the great thing about surprises, you don't know what it's is and—."

Ophelia smacked a hand to her mouth to stop herself from laughing outright when Miley pulled out a pink kitty sweater.

"Awe! It's a kitty!" Roxy giggled prompting office to giggle.

"It's so cute."

"But what about that jacket?" Lily asked.

"I took it back, it didn't feel right," he said holding his palms out in surrender. He threw his arm over Miley's shoulder. "I picked it out special for you bud," he said as Ofie silently mouthed along.

"And I love it! Especially the back!"

"Do I know my little girl or what?" He inquired happily, before turning back to Miley. "We'll turn it around squeeze the nose."

"Oh dear," Ophelia and Jackson huddled together in anticipation. "This is gonna be good."

Meow!

Ophelia and Jackson cackled.

"Just when I thought it could get any cuter."

Oh Miley was gonna hate Ofie for what was coming next.

~~~~~

"Okay! I'll wear it for an hour. Make my dad happy, and then tonight it will mysteriously fall into the barbecue," Miley planned maliciously in the kitchen.

"What if it doesn't burn?" Ofie asked from where she lounged on the kitchen island.

Miley shot her a look for so much as speaking the thought into existence. "I'll eat it if I have to and you're helping!"

"What no!"

"Yes! For laughing at my misfortune!" Miley huffed. "Either way nobody besides you guys, me, Jackson and my Daddy are ever going to see me on this thing."

Ophelia carefully hid her guilty expression. Miley was gonna kill her.

"Hey, smile, come on out on deck! I got another surprise for you!"

Ofie looked at Lily in vague horror.

"If it's the matching pant you're eating it with us," Miley whispered at Lily before going to see, the two trailing slowly after her.

"That's the sound of death."

Lily blanched, "What did you do?!"

They both looked as Miley opened the beach doors. "Surprise!" All the kids Ofie had invited yelled and Miley quickly hid the cat sweater.

Meow!

"Gotcha didn't I?"

Miley shot their dad a smile , "You sure did."

"Okay! What are we waiting on, everybody down to the beach!"

The kids scattered while Oliver came up to them with a grin. "You don't know how hard it was to keep the secret from both of you," he laughed.

"You knew?!" Miley raged.

Oliver having no sense of self preservation nodded, "Yeah! Ofie asked me to help her get the invites out," he said and Ophelia flinched there goes her not guilty plea. "You should have seen your face!" He made a show of horror and crossed his arms over his middle a perfect impression of Miley two seconds ago.

"How do you like this look?" Miley leaned forward with viscous scowl hissing at him.

"Wow that's the same look my mom got when she turned forty," he said before making his escape, Ofie went to do the same but Miley locked her hand around her wrist in a vice grip.

"Get on down there darling and show off that sweater," they daddy said happily.

Miley shared a horrified look with Lily. "Are you sure it won't make the other kids jealous? 'Cause y'know it might!"

"Honey this is your special day! You deserve to have every eye done there on you," he said obliviously and Ofie winced as Miley's hand gripped her wrist tighter.

"Great!"

They al turned and left. "I'm gonna kill you," Miley whispered in Ofie's ear and she giggled nervously.

"Surprise?" She tried but Miley continued to drag her along.

~~~~~

Miley's birthday was Hawaiian themed, the whole hoola vibe. She loved the music, dancing along with it as kids meandered about.

"C'mon Miley, so it's a dorky sweater," Lily tried from where the trio stood so Miley could try and hide from masses.

"Are you kidding, I look like a kitty kabob."

"You can borrow my overalls," Ofie tried, "But I don't think that pink and this green mesh well together."

Miley looked her over, "I'd rather die than be caught dead in that."

Ophelia raised her brows looking down at her dark green overalls embroidered with black flowers, that she wore over a white cropped tank top and a paired with a pair of combat boots. "Bold words for someone impaled by a cat," she rolled her eyes turning around to help herself to her punch asking one of the servers in the booth for some fruit.

"Hey Ofie!" She turned as a familiar boy slid up to her.

She raised her brow and smiled kindly. "Hey...um, Conner, right?" She asked and her grinned , it was a nice smile she decided. "We have film studies together."

"Yeah," he nodded before looking around, "dope party."

"It's my sister's."

"Yeah," he turned to Miley for second, "Happy birthday, cool sweater. Anyway," he pointed back the way he came looking at Ofie, "me and my friends were wondering if you wanted to come hang with us for a bit."

Ofie looked over his shoulder at the two other guys and girl who waved lazily at her, she waved back awkwardly.

"Oh, I'm not much of a group activity person."

"Oh! Yeah that's fine, we could hang one on one if you want," he tried again looking nervous and Ofie wasn't quite sure why, she smiled to soothe his nerves.

"Um, su—," before she could accept Amber and Ashely wondered over holding up their cameras.

"Hey birthday girl, say cheese!" The chorused.

"Hide my tail!" Miley shrieked grabbing Ofie's hand.

"Maybe another day!" Ofie yelled back at Conner as she was dragged away waving goodbye.

~~~~

They spent most of the party running form Amber and Ashley before they found themselves hiding in on of the washrooms. "This place stinks," Ophelia complained with a roll of her eyes.

"Why don't you just take it off?" Lily asked.

"And tell my dad what?"

"I don't know, they you're allergic to cats!" Lily tried and Ophelia scrunched her nose.

"This is what I think of that idea," Miley flushed the toilet with her foot.

"Or you can take it off and tell that you're feeling hot, it's like twenty degrees out."

Lily and Miley looked at her for a long moment before shaking their heads, "Nah."

"Well you gotta do something! If they take your picture it will be in the yearbook forever."

There was a knock on the door. "Hey, it's Oliver."

"Uh...use the other one!" Miley tried.

"Miley, you can come out now, I got you covered," he whispered through the door.

"How?"

"Just trust me."

Miley finally opened the door letting fresh air in to find Oliver holding a large orange balloon. That he handed over, hiding the front of the sweater. Problem solver.

"Oliver you're a live saver."

"My aunt Harriet got me the puppy version for Christmas, it barks jingle bells," he explained and Ophelia giggled at him earning a pinch to the side.

"Very clever," Amber started when she spotted them.

"Yeah there's no way we can take the picture now," Ashley agreed.

"Right, unless something were to happen like...this."

Ashely proceed to the pop the balloon with the talons she called nails. The sound was so loud it caused Ofie to flinch.

"Stop it guys!" Miley cried diving behind Lily for cover.

"Come on guys it's her birthday have some class," Ophelia snapped stepping forward defensively, sick and tired of their antics. "Give it a rest for like a day."

"I'm sorry did you hear something?" Amber asked pretending like Ofie didn't speak and the youngest Stewart's mouth dropped in offence.

"Why are you guys so mean?!" Lily yelled.

"It's what we do," Ashley giggled.

"Well, we don't!" Ophelia snapped.

"Yeah, we're her friends!" Oliver backed them up.

"You think everybody here doesn't know that it's the dorkiest sweater in the history of the world?" Lily inquired.

"You'd have to blind not to see that."

"Yeah, but our dad got that for her," Ophelia said sharply," He got her this sweater to show her how much he loves her and it might be dorky but it shows that he cares, and that makes it invaluable."

"Yeah! And I don't care what anybody thinks," Miley stepped forward. "I love this sweater, because it was given to me by someone I care about very much. And if you want to take my picture then go right ahead, because this sweater means more to me than the coolest outfit in the world."

Ophelia smiled proudly at her sister.

"Ain't that right, Mittens?" She squeezed the cats nose in answer.

Meow!

"Wow, it really makes you think twice about taking the picture," Amber said with false sympathy.

"Yeah," Ashley agreed before they shared a look and grinned.

"Say cheese!"

The took a few photos but Roxy, ever the mama bear that she is appeared in front of Miley. "Hey girls, picture this! Hah!" She yelled at them.

They two girls shrieked and turned to run away, running face first into Miley's cake that Jackson and Cooper were carrying out.

"Yeah that's what you get when you mess with crouching tiger-hidden Roxy!"

"My cake!" Cooper cried before realizing he was in public. "That I carried but did not make...'cause guys don't do that..."

"Nice save, Coop," Ophelia gave him a thumbs up and he grinned pitifully.

Ophelia pulled out her phone and took a picture of the cake covered duo. "Ladies say gotcha!" Their dad said taking his own picture.

"Wanna trade?" The chorused mockingly before high-fiving.

Amber and Ashely went ran away shrieking about their clothes.

"Baby, go get the back up cake."

"You got it," Ophelia turned around, "C'mon Coop I need those manly muscles that don't bake to help out."

"On it."

~~~~

After Miley and Oliver's hour long rendition of jingle bells, Ophelia sat on the beach not to far from the house with her song book scribbling a few lyrics before Miley sat down beside her tucking her chin on her shoulder.

"Is this what you felt on your birthday?" Her big sister asked solemnly.

"Yeah," Ofie sighed.

"I miss her," Miley confessed. "All the time."

"I know, I miss her too, but I'm sure where she is she's watching out for us," Ophelia smiled and Miley kissed her cheek.

"Thank you for the necklace."

"Of course."

~~~~

CHAPTER SIX! let's go! It's been in my drafts for a while.
Anyway, next chapter, Ofie, Lily and Miley trying out for cheerleading. I wonder how that's gonna turn out and certain someone is gonna finally show up.

You know the drill, vote, comment and I'll see you when I see you.

-CHOCOHOLIC.

*unedited*

Fortsett รฅ les

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.7K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
959K 36.3K 87
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
2.2M 116K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...