and we hated

By amyhopeey

APRIL There's one thing I know for sure: I hate Noah Coin. I hate him. He's the guy who broke my heart years... More

playlist
Fact no. 1: I hate Noah Coin
Fact no.2 : Noah Coin is a prick
Fact no.3: Spending your summer in the same house as your ex isn't the best idea
Fact no.4: Best friends are one's second family
Fact no.5: When people say they'll come on time, they'll usually be late
Fact no.6: The sea makes me do the craziest stuff
Fact no.7: The past will always haunt me
Fact no.8: Rosquillas are always the answer
Fact no.9: Having a sister-in-law doesn't suck
Fact no.10: Turns out a best friend usually knows your secrets
Fact no.11: Practice makes perfect
Fact no.12: Unfuckable should be a word in the dictionary
Fact no.13: That's my girl
Fact no.15: Paintball is hot
Fact no.16: Punching a guy might lead to hooking up with the named guy
Fact no.17: I love Ferris wheels
Fact no.18: April takes her birthday very serious
Fact no.19: Messy can be good
Fact no.20: Here's to family reunions
Fact no.21: Adam Cunnan is a gentleman
Fact no.22: Getting wasted with Jacob isn't such a terrible idea
Fact no.23: Lover
Fact no. 24: Laser tag birthdays are the best
Fact no.25: The basement isn't the best place for a secret hookup
Fact no.26: Alec Dunn should be a love therapist
Fact no.27: Guess they know
Fact no.28: Enemies-to-lovers is real
Fact no.29: A whole damn cake with the cherry on top
Fact no.30: Maybe a future with Noah isn't as bad
Fact no.31: Seeing a heart break hurts more than any punch
Fact no.32: I've never been more afraid
Fact no.33: I've never been more broken
Fact no.34: We lost her
Fact no.35: Maybe some days spent with my besties is just what I need
Fact no.37: Enemies-to-lovers is the best trope out there
Epilogue
Extended Epilogue
Author's Note
Sneak peek: 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Œβ„― π’»β„΄π“‡β„Šπ’Άπ“‹β„―

Fact no.14: Never make your ex jealous

3.3K 98 34
By amyhopeey

APRIL

I don't know how it happened.

Javier and I met half an hour ago.

We danced the whole time and he kept flirting with me. He put his hand on my waist and I let him come closer, whispering stuff in my ear. He made me laugh. Smile.

I want him to touch me. I haven't gotten laid in a while. Not since the last frat party when I made our with Nick White. He is a guy on the football team. He was fun, we spent a nice night, but that was it. He didn't make me feel what one is supposed to feel while making love. I didn't come once. I somehow felt guilty, Nick tried so hard, but I just couldn't.

I hope it will be better with Javier.

"Are you enjoying the party?", he asks, his Spanish accent showing off. It sounds sexy. I like it.

"I am", I answer, flirting tone on. Gosh, how I love to make boys cry. "It got better as I saw you."

"I am glad to hear that", Javier says, leaning closer to me. His mouth is barely one inch away. I wonder how his lips taste.

"Yeah?", I ask him, same tone.

"Yeah", he replies. "You look so beautiful. And your eyes. Do you have a map?"

Oh, gosh. Here we go.

"Not really. But my phone has Google maps."

"That will do. I think I got lost in your eyes."

Honestly, did this guy just search for the most common flirt line and just copy and paste it?

Anyways, I'm going to go with it. Not the best flirt I have ever had, but still. "I don't think Google can help in that case."

"Neither do I', he replies, his voice barely a whisper. "But this will." And without any warning, he leans in closer and kisses me. My body needs a second to react. Push him or roll with it? I think back of the last few months. Only little Nick. No one else. I think I'll roll with it.

I pull him closer and open my mouth wider, allowing him to slip his tongue inside me. He does and starts exploring. My mouth is his new territory. I bite his bottom lip to get a taste. Sweet. But not like cherries. Something else. It will do.

I think he moans inside my mouth, his pleasure clearly there. I still don't feel much rather than a bit excited. No spark. Maybe it hasn't come yet. I pull him closer. He bites my bottom lip wanting a taste of me. I squeal, the sound being captured by him. His taste. His warmth.

"Javier...", I let out, knowing damn well where this plea will get me. Bedroom.

"April...", he counters, confirming my suspicions. I am sure a bed will be our next destination.

I let him wonder more around my mouth. Every spot he finds he licks. It's like he's on a mission. He wants to-

"There you are", someone interrupts us.

Fuck.

I turn around and see Noah Coin standing in front of us, his face expression stone-cold as always. But his eyes...His eyes are even darker as usual. Sending warnings. He's in pure rage. And poor Javier is the reason.

Is Coin jealous?

No, he couldn't be. Disgusted at most. But not jealous.

If he would have really loved me, he wouldn't have messed up our relationship in the first place.

"I've been looking all over for you, babe", Coin continues. 

Babe?! Is he fucking kidding me right now?

"What the-", I want to let out but Javier beats me to it.

"What the fuck, April? I thought you liked me. But your boyfriend is here."

"He is not my boyfriend", I let out. Javier raises an eyebrow.

"I am not her boyfriend. I am her lover and plaything. And occasionally her everything", Coin adds with a smirk on.

Someone kill me now.

"He is not", I tell Javier. Then, turning with a death glare to Coin: "You're not."

"We'll get to that later, precious", he replies. Then winks. I swear, he winks.

"April?", Javier asks me.

I am so confused I don't even know what to say anymore. Who is the person sitting next to me and what did he do with Noah Coin?

Noah Coin hates me.

Right.

Right?

"We won't get to anything later", I say to Coin, completely dismissing Javier. He notices and after calling me a bitch, he walks away.

I sigh annoyed at Coin and walk to the nearest doors. Which lead outside. To a beautiful patio. A fountain somewhere. Flowers in all colours. If I would have been in a better mental state, I would have appreciated the deco. Made some pictures. Send them to Nini, who happens to be Pinterest obsessed. But I am not in a good mental state.

What was that all about?

And what did Noah Coin want from me?

Speaking of the devil, here he comes. Leaning against the closest wall, staring at me.

"You know, you really are beautiful, precious", he whispers. His tone is so low, as if he didn't want me to hear the compliment. But I did. I heard it and there is no going back now.

"Excuse me?", I reply, my voice showing how in rage I am.

He swallows hard, his jaw working. I remember how I once traced that jaw with my tongue. Then kissed every spot of it.

Memory that is best to remain in the past.

"It's true. You're beautiful, April. Every single thing about you. I sometimes ask myself how a person can be this perfect."

I try to look past what he said. Don't acknowledge his compliment. But I do. And it hurts, knowing that he used to tell me stuff like this daily. Daily. He would kiss me after every one of them.

That was before.

Hands. Hair. Bed.

I might puke.

"What the heck what that all about?", I ask him shouting.

"That sucker didn't deserve you. I only reminded him of what he probably already knew."

"Oh, am I supposed to thank you?" The compliment he made me is like dead. All I feel is fury. Pure fury.

"Yeah". He even dares to make it sound so matter-of-factly. He obviously doesn't care that he ruined my night. Obviously.

Because he doesn't care.

He. Doesn't. Care.

"In your dreams", I hiss at him.

"One day, you will. One day you'll realise he's not the right one for you."

"And who is the right one? You?"

He doesn't say anything.

I take it as a no and hope that's what he meant too.

"Oh right. Because you treat me so well, don't you?", I add, still shouting. Years of hate snap in this moment. This moment. I need to scream. I need to cry. I choose to do both. "So well you treat me. Especially when you fuck my best friend in my own damn house at my own damn party."

I hosted a pool party. Kai was away in Tokyo. I invited the one I back then thought to be my bestie, Keira. Coin was there too as my boyfriend. I had heard rumours about him seeing other girls too, but I didn't believe them. He was known as the playboy, but I didn't think he would hurt me. Poor little me. I was so naive. Of course he would hurt me. A playboy remains a playboy. No matter with how much love you shower them with.

And when the truth comes out, it hurts.

I couldn't find him. Went to search for him. Then I heard them. The whispers. I opened the door to one of the guest room and saw them. Coin and Keira. Kissing. Hugging. Making out.

I don't think I have ever felt worse than then. I felt like a nothing. I felt betrayed. I lost my best friend and my boyfriend that day. Cut contacts with both of them. Both of them said it was a mistake. Said they'd never do it again.

But I don't give a shit.

They did it. And it hurt.

Blood boils inside me at the memories.

"Keira and I didn't fuck", it's all he says.

"No, but you were for sure close to it. Did she make you feel good? Did she call your name while kissing you?"

"I wouldn't know because all I could think about was you", he counters.

My world breaks.

"What the heck is that supposed to mean?"

"I knew I fucked up. I loved you so much. I knew it was a mistake."

"Then why do it?"

"Because I am a coward. Because I was addicted to that. To making out. Getting laid."

"And now you're not? I bet you fucked half of Wrencore so far."

His fists clench and he tries hard not to break in a fit. "I changed. Or I try to at least. Let me show it to you. Prove it to you."

"Why? You don't care about me. You hate me."

"I don't hate you, April", he lets out his voice trembling. He might pass out any moment now. It's clear this conversation does that to him.

"Then what? You simply don't care about me? What is it, Noah?"

Fuck. I called him Noah. I haven't called him like that since we were together. It was our special thing. No one ever called him Noah. Not given his fame with football.

I did. I called him Noah.

And stopped the moment I broke up with him.

I can only hope he didn't hear it. My voice was pretty low. And shaking from crying. He couldn't have heard it. He couldn't have.

But he did. The frozen expression on his face shows me he did. He did and it affected him. More than everything I threw at him so far. More than the whole world.

One word. That's all it takes to ruin somebody.

The next thing I know he's cupping my face with his palms, his thumbs brushing away my tears. He looks me in the eyes and I get lost in his. The irony. I always thought his eyes were special. That dark brown of different shades, giving them something cold. Sharp.

I loved his eyes.

Now they make me want to cry.

He's still brushing away my tears as he says: "Please, precious. Give me a chance to show you I've changed. Please."

This whole thing is too much. Him. The memories. What happened tonight.

So I do what I do best. 

Run.

I run away from him, hearing how he calls my name. How he wants to come after me. I run and run and don't stop until I find Dia. She's sitting in a corner, chatting with a guy. As she sees me, she stands up and gasps.

"Oh, April", she says before hugging me. Dia leads me to the toilet and locks us inside. She lets me sink my face in her shoulder and cry.

And even though I don't have supernatural vision, I know who's waiting behind that door.

Noah.

Waiting for me.

I sink my face deeper and cry even louder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

630 83 32
8 friends go to Sunrise cove for there last summer before college, but Summer Black has one problem, she doesn't have the money she needs to cover th...
311 2 17
Emily Sanders is a quiet and introverted girl who is satisfied by a simple life of gadgets and internet friends. But in this year's summer vacation i...
3.1K 301 41
"Seriously you've dated the same guy since freshman year!" He asks astonished. I nod my head. "So, you've only kissed one guy?" I laugh. "Why does...
375K 8.7K 41
What do you do when your boyfriend of two years cheats on you and gets caught at junior prom, in front of the whole school? You grieve, you suffer, a...