The Shadows of the Spectrum (...

By Truck-KunIsekai

Y/n Suzuki, a young man average in grades at school, average in physique and of relative appearance is shot d... More

Chapter 1 - The Young Akane Nishino
Chapter 2 - Promises
Chapter 3 - Reincarnation
Chapter 4 - We are Shadow Garden
Chapter 5 - The Rescue of Clarie
Chapter 6 - Confession... accepted?
Chapter 7 - Facade Relationship (1)
Chapter 7 - Facade Relationship (2)
Chapter 8 - Tonight, everything begins!
Chapter 9 - I am...
Chapter 11 - I'm Still Standing
Chapter 12 - The Attack on the Academy
Chapter 13 - Twisted Heart

Chapter 10 - Chocolate Operation

2K 65 43
By Truck-KunIsekai

It was night in the capital of Midgar, people were living their lives, doing their things. Away from the street lights in an alley a man was running, trying to go down the stairs he ends up falling.

A hooded man catches up with him and raises his sword.

Man- Please don't kill me!

Hooded- We are Shadow Garden.

He says and then hits the man with his sword killing him, the hooded man kept repeating the same phrase all the time, "We are Shadow Garden", leaving the scene of the place a paper falls near the body getting dirty with blood.

A hooded woman appears and picks up the paper, then she sees the contents.

Beta- I have to show this to Alpha-sama.

Timeskip

In the cafeteria of the Academy, the group of four friends was eating.

Hyoro- So? How were things with Princess Alexia?

Y/n- Didn't I already say that we're just friends now, that's all.

Jaga- You didn't even kiss?!

Y/n- No, not once.

Cid- Well at least you had the experience next time let's think of a lighter punishment.

Hyoro- That doesn't change anything, it was a waste, you're hopeless.

Y/n- Thanks for helping to lift my spirits...

Hyoro- Alright, since you're such a coward, I know a place that could help.

Jaga- WAIT! WHAT PLACE?!

Cid- I didn't expect that from you Hyoro...

Hyoro- Wait! Not this kind of place. I'm talking about Mitsugoshi! The one everyone is talking about!

Y/n ignored what the two were saying while eating. Cid did the same.

Hyoro- They have this thing called chocolate that tastes incredible!

Y/n- *Thoughts* Chocolate... No, it's probably just a coincidence...

Jaga- Oh! Got it! You're telling us to use this to take the girls!!!

Hyoro/Jaga- Come on Y/n! Cid!

Y/n- Sure, I want to confirm something...

Cid- I'm not interested, I'm going to study in the library...

Y/n- Well before we go I have to talk to Alexia.

The boy walks out of the cafeteria, he walked down a hallway until he saw Rin sitting by a window.

Y/n- Hey Rin, how's everything going?

Rin- Huh? Oh Y/n, I'm fine, thanks for asking.

Y/n- Where's Alexia? You guys always hang out together.

Rin- She is busy with something important her sister is here too.

The boy sat down next to her.

Y/n- *Thoughts* Princess Iris here... Well it must be something important...

Rin- Can I ask you something?

Y/n- Sure, what is it?

Rin- Do you know my father?

The boy is taken aback by this question.

Y/n- N-No where did you get that from?

Rin- *looking away* N-Nothing forget I asked that question.

Y/n- W-Well, I'm going to Mitsugoshi with my friends, would you like to come together?

Rin- No, I think I'll stay right here, thanks for the invitation.

The boy leaves and goes to meet his friends.

Y/n- *Thoughts* That was close... I'll let Tokiomi know about that...

Timeskip

Hyoro, Jaga and Y/n were standing in a huge line to get into this Mitsugoshi. A girl with a sign warns that the waiting time is 80 minutes.

Y/n- 80 minutes is time...

Jaga- So, what do we do? I think we can get back before curfew, but there's a rumor about a murderer walking the streets at night.

Y/n- *Thoughts* Murderer?

Hyoro- Stop being an idiot! We have three knights in the group!

The three approach some shop windows with clothes. This catches L/n's eye because of the modern design.

Y/n- *Thoughts* This is very modern... How strange it reminds me of Japan from my past life... *Looking at the line* There are only upper class members here, there's no way I could feel more out of place...

???- Excuse me, can I have a minute of your time?

Looking in the direction of the voice the boy sees a young girl with brown hair, it was the girl who was holding the sign.

???- I was hoping you were interested in doing some survey.

Y/n- *pointing to himself* Who, me?

???- Yes! We really want your feedback.

Hyoro- *Steps in front of Y/n* I can do that survey!

Jaga- *Does the same* I can too!

An intimidating smile appears on the girl's face, scaring the two boys.

???- I'm sorry, but we only need one guest, thank you.

Y/n- *Thoughts* Hmmm, interesting... Why not.

The boy follows the girl, looking at the inside, it was surprisingly similar to modern malls, with chocolates, makeup, coffee and so on. After a while they start walking up some stairs.

Y/n- Hey, wasn't there a survey?

At the end of the stairs there was a door that is opened by two maids, leading to a kind of backyard.

As he approached the next door it opened, revealing a red carpet with maids bowing to the left and right side of the carpet, at the end was a standing elf.

The boy walks slowly looking around, impressed. Then the elf speaks.

???- We were waiting for your arrival...

Y/n- *Smiling* Gamma, you've grown up well... wait, is this your store?

Gamma- Yes Y/n-sama, I took it upon myself to re-create as precisely as possible, some of the wisdom you and Shadow-sama shared with me.

Y/n- *Thoughts* Good memories...

Flashback

Y/n- Gamma, are you sure you want to learn this?

Y/n child is seen looking at Gamma who was also a child.

Gamma- Yes Y/n-sama, teach me how to make chocolate, please!

Y/n- Well if that's the case, let's get to work!

The dark haired elf looked at her master preparing the chocolate with a twinkle in her eyes, she thought it was amazing. Then she tries to reproduce her master's steps.

Y/n- And that's it, can I try it?

Gamma- G-Go ahead Y/n-sama.

The boy takes a piece of the candy and puts it in his mouth, with each chew Gamma was more nervous, she would make the perfect chocolate and please her master.

Y/n-...

Gamma- I'm sorry Y/n-sama it's not good, I-I'll get better-

She was cut off by the boy putting his hand on her head.

Y/n- It's very good Gamma, congratulations.

He says smiling and stroking the head of the elf who blushes looking down.

Gamma- Thank you Y/n-sama...

In the distance 6 other girls were looking at the scene with mixed feelings, they all kept watching until a Beastkin girl runs towards the boy and jumps on him.

Delta- Master, Delta wants to train with Y/n-sama!

Y/n- O-Of course Delta...

End of Flashback

Y/n- *Thoughts* Wait a minute... Only with those superficial lessons did she manage to develop Mitsugoshi! She really is incredible.

Gamma- It's good to finally see you my master.

Y/n- *Thoughts* She's very smart, definitely one of the smartest of the Seven Shadows, maybe only behind Eta, but...

The young girl starts down the stairs to go to her master, but she stumbles midway, before she hits the ground the boy catches her and hugs her to his chest.

Y/n- *Thoughts* In the end she is still Gamma, with no athletic ability. *Speaking and smiling* You're still clumsy aren't you...

To the elf it was as if a divine glow appeared around her master, she blushed wildly, her heart beating rapidly, she was stunned by this image.

Gamma- I-I'm sorry Y/n-sama, I-I still can't get used to wearing high heels...

Y/n- It's okay, I got you...

Gamma- T-Thank you... *Thoughts* Your touch is so cozy, just like I remembered...

The boy looks down the stairs and sees two thrones.

Y/n- Are those thrones?

Gamma- *Steps away from Y/n's chest* Y-Yes sit down please...

The boy climbs the stairs slowly as he approaches one of the thrones and sits down crossing his legs...

Everyone there bows to him, Gamma smiles at the sight of Y/n's greatness.

Y/n- *Thoughts* I love this feeling, I feel like a king, I feel *Smile* Spectral... Well that deserves a reward...

The boy opens the palm of his hand, as if opening a cut in space and from it a red sphere appeared, then he threw this glow upwards causing a show of red light.

Y/n- This is your reward... Continue like this...

Everyone present in the room was amazed by that red glow spreading around the room, Gamma's eyes were shining, some tears formed in his eyes...

Gamma- This reminds me... Of the beautiful light that brought me hope and saved me from pain and despair. I am not worthy of this honor. I will remember this day for the rest of my life.

Y/n- That makes me happy... So would you say that your store is making a profit?

Gamma- Yes, we currently have franchises from major cities within the kingdom. And we are using a mail order system for the more remote regions.

The maids bring a table full of coins, Y/n is speechless.

Gamma- For organization, we have approximately one billion zeni at our immediate disposal.

Y/n-...

Gamma- Huh? Isn't that enough, my lord?

Y/n- N-No that's perfect... *Thoughts* With just a few modern knowledge she's made a billion dollar franchise, this girl is the Bill Gates of this world!

Gamma- My master, I think I know why you honored us with your presence. It's about the incident...

Y/n- *Thoughts* What incident? Maybe it's about that assassin.

Gamma- The assassin who appeared in the royal capital, the fools who wear black and claim to be Shadow Garden. We're investigating, but we haven't apprehended the perpetrators yet. But I swear to you, we will bring down the culprits.

Y/n- I know, I have confidence in you, don't worry, I'll help with the investigation. *Thoughts- This is more serious than it looks, well Princess Iris is at the Academy, so maybe I can get some information from her.

Gamma- Of course my lord.

He gets up and approaches the money and Gamma.

Y/n- Before I go...

Y/n looks at the brown haired girl who was previously holding the sign.

Y/n- You are one of the Numbers correct?

Gamma- Yes, this is Nu, the youngest of the Numbers, she has not been with us for long, but her abilities have been recognized by Alpha-sama. Please use her as you see appropriate.

Y/n- Good, I'll count on you Nu.

Nu- It will be an honor to serve you.

Y/n- Ah Gamma one more thing, I would like to bring some chocolates.

Gamma- Chocolate? *Smiling and clasping hands* I will provide you with some of our highest quality. With a 100% discount.

Y/n- Really, that's like free. Thanks Gamma!

The two smile at each other.

Timeskip

Three boys were running through the streets of the capital.

Y/n- Hurry up!

Hyoro- It's close to curfew!

Jaga- This is all Y/n's fault who kept flirting with the research girl.

Y/n- I'm sorry, I didn't think it would take this long. *Thoughts* They're trying to frame Shadow Garden, it's a clever strategy, but who could this killer be...?

Y/n hears swords clashing in the distance, he stops running, drawing the attention of his two friends.

Hyoro- Hey come on! Why did you stop?

Y/n- Friends, I'm sorry to say that here we part.

Jaga- What do you mean Y/n?

Y/n- I... I... I have a stomach ache... I can't stand it until I get home.

Hyoro- Y-You're saying we should leave you?!

Y/n- Y-Yes, I don't want anyone to see this.

Jaga- B-But Y/n-

Hyoro- We understand each other... We never forget you Y/n!

Jaga- You made the right choice, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

The two run crying for having to abandon their friend, Y/n just laughed lightly and headed to the sound location. When he got there he saw Alexia fighting with four hooded men.

Y/n- *Thoughts* Alexia, looks like she's in trouble.

The white-haired girl was married to the fight, she would not be able to stop the next attack of the enemy. Just as she was about to be hit someone defends her.

Y/n- Look how cowardly four against one, how about I match those numbers.

Alexia- Y-Y/n!

The hooded man steps back with his three partners, Y/n gets into a fighting stance.

Y/n- Hey Alexia, would you like a hand?

Alexia- Well, not that I need it, but I appreciate your help.

Y/n- Great... *Thoughts* I was very reckless, I should appear as a Spectre, now I'll have to hold on.

A hooded man advances with an attack that is blocked by Y/n, then Alexia attacks this man by piercing him with her sword. The man falls to the ground dead.

Y/n- Well, now it's two against three, who's coming?

They look angrily at the boy and then one of them advances against Y/n. The boy defends himself and uses his sword to force the enemy's blade to the ground, without even giving him time to react he cuts his enemy.

The hooded man falls to the ground without moving.

Y/n-. Now it's two against two...

Alexia- *Thought* He beat one of them so fast, he really had all that skill.

Y/n- *approaching the hooded men* You'll pay for killing innocent people... *Thoughts* And using the name of the Shadow Garden.

The two men look angrily at the boy and then start running away across the rooftops.

Y/n- *Thoughts* Damn they're getting away, I should go after them. *Speaks* We can't let them get away.

Alexia- Y/n...

The boy looks at her and is received by Alexia falling on his chest.

Y/n-Eh?! Alexia is everything okay?

As he holds her he notices that his hand has blood on it, the girl had fainted.

Y/n- She's hurt... Huh?

From the shadows comes out a girl, it was Nu.

Nu- Y/n-sama I heard the sound of swords and came as fast as I could.

Y/n- Good, they are on the rooftops and went to that direction.

He says pointing to the direction the other two ran.

Nu- I will go after them.

She goes after the hooded men and Y/n takes Alexia bridal style and leaves the alley. As they reach the street two knights approach.

Knight 1- Hey you, the curfew was 30 minutes ago what are you doing on the street.

Knight 2- Wait is that princess Alexia? *drawing his sword* What did you do to her?

Y/n- Wait, that's not what happened...

After explaining everything to the guards, they take Alexia to the Academy's infirmary, after some time Iris arrived on the scene worried. Y/n was waiting outside the infirmary.

Y/n- *Thoughts* What a reckless girl, if I hadn't shown up she might have died... There were more than one killer... It's probably the cult again-

His thought is cut off, as the door to the infirmary opens and out of it comes Iris Midgar.

Iris- You're L/n right?

Y/n- Yes it's me.

The red haired girl hugs the young man, with tears in her eyes.

Iris- Thank you so much, if it wasn't for you I don't know what could have happened to Alexia...

The boy didn't know how to react, he barely knew Iris, so this hug took him by surprise.

Y/n- Y-You're welcome, Aleixa is my friend, I wouldn't let her die.

Iris realizes what she has done and turns away from L/n.

Iris- I'm sorry for the sudden hug... I just, I care so much about her...

Y/n- Yes I can see that, you're a good sister Iris-sama.

Iris- *Waving her hands* No, no, you can call me Iris, you saved my sister, we're already friends.

Y/n- *Scratching the back of her head* If that's the case you can just call me Y/n.

Iris sat down on the bench next to Y/n.

Iris-... Did you... Did you see the faces of the other two?

Y/n- *Thoughts* Nu must have eliminated them by now... *Speaks* No, I couldn't see, they were hooded...

Iris- I shouldn't have let her participate in that, I was afraid she would get hurt... In the end it was my fault...

Y/n- Don't blame yourself, even if you didn't let her participate directly, she would find a way to get into the same situation... What I mean is, it's not your fault, it's the fault of those crazy killers...

The red haired girl sighs slightly.

Iris- Alexia and I were very close, we always played and practiced swordplay together... It was a lot of fun... but, I feel like over time we grew apart.

Y/n- *Thoughts* That was to be expected, Alexia had that disdain for her swordplay style, whereas Iris became the strongest knight in the kingdom, which makes her have less time...

Iris- When I learned that she had a boyfriend, it bothered me a bit, I hadn't even met you... But as soon as you became just friends, Alexia started talking to me again, it was as if the years hadn't passed...

Y/n- *Smile* You're welcome, it's an honor to help the princess.

He says bowing slightly, making the girl laugh.

Y/n- *Thoughts* She's nice too, maybe I should... Nah, I'll confirm something first... *Speaks* The assassins kept repeating the phrase "We are Shadow Garden", I don't know what that means but I think it might help you.

Iris- Shadow Garden... They appeared the same day those explosions destroyed part of the capital, I saw one of them, she was a woman, there was a monster, it could regenerate... I cut him several times, but I was not able to defeat him, she defeated him with a single blow...

Flashback

???- Be a good audience member, stay seated and enjoy the show.

End of Flashback

Iris clenches her fists as she remembers this scene, the boy looks at her, and with one foot back asks.

Y/n- This "Shadow Garden" are they friends or enemies?

Iris- I don't know yet... but, I won't let anyone destroy my kingdom.

Y/n- *Thinking, looking down* I never stopped to think about it, those attacks of mine and Shadow's destroyed a large part of the capital... I'll think twice before using it again... *looking at her* She seems nice, I wouldn't want to have her as an enemy...

All was suddenly silent after that. Soon a doctor came out of the ward and looked at the two.

Doctor- Alexia is awake and stable, her situation is not serious.

Iris- Really! Can I see her?

Doctor- Yes of course, she is waiting for you.

Iris was about to enter when she looks at Y/n.

Iris- Are you coming?

Y/n- Nah, I have to get ready for class tomorrow, but tell Alexia I hope she gets better.

Iris- But I feel indebted to you, how about we set up a hangout?

Y/n- *Thoughts* Eh? That surprised me in more ways than one... *Speaks* O-Of course...

Looking at the bench he saw his bag with the chocolates he took two.

Y/n- Here, give one to Alexia for me.

Iris- O-Of course, but there are two.

Y/N- *Smiling gently* Yes, one is for you, in celebration of our new friendship.

Iris didn't know how to react at the moment, without thinking much about the boy's action she says.

Iris- T-Thank you, Y/n.

After that the boy leaves and from there walks towards the inn.

Timeskip

It was another day, everyone was living their lives, but the difference was Hyoro's newest plan for everyone to get a girlfriend, the plan consisted of simply giving a girl a chocolate. Well Hyoro went straight for an upper class woman, but to his bad luck, the woman had a boyfriend and things didn't end well...

Hyoro Gari failed...

Jaga unlike Hyoro prepared for this moment, he learned about all the girl's hobbies, tastes and even measurements of certain things. As he gets close to the girl.

Girl- AAHHH! It's the guy who was stalking me!

Jaga Imo failed...

It was Cid's turn, he didn't have much interest in this, so he chose someone random from the library, a girl was sitting reading the book. Kagenou approached.

Cid- Here, chocolate.

He says and walks away the girl is at a loss, she looks at the chocolate.

Rin- Eh? Chocolate, for me?

Cid Kagenou success...

Y/n's turn, well he had already given Alexia and Iris a chocolate.

Y/n- *Thoughts* Well I don't see why not eat this one...

Then a pink haired girl sits next to him with a stack of books.

Y/n- *Thoughts* This girl, what was her name again... Sherry Barnett that, that's the girl I knocked down... Why not?

He approaches the girl and puts the chocolate on top of the book she was reading, the surprised girl looks at Y/n who was leaving waving.

Y/n- Keep this chocolate, I guarantee you'll like it.

The boy disappears from the sight of the girl who says nothing, remaining without reaction.

Y/n L/n Success...

Timeskip

The sky was already orange, inside a room, the pink haired girl was studying about a magical artifact. She stops and picks up a chocolate and looks at it while blushing slightly.

Sherry- I wonder what that is?

She is interrupted by her father, Lutheran Barnett coming into the room coughing, him seeing his daughter with the chocolate. Soon Sherry tells him that it was a boy who gave it to her, her father laughs lightly and says.

Lutheran- He must have thought of it as a present for you, you might say it's what we call love at fist sight.

Sherry- Love at first sight...?

Lutheran- What are you going to tell him? He's probably waiting for your answer.

Sherry- But... But I...

Lutheran- Your research is important but you should also socialize a bit.

The girl became thoughtful after her father's words, should she accept the boy's feelings?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Hey, another chapter finished, I hope you liked it, thank you very much for your support.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 8.7K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
81K 3.6K 20
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...
377K 13.5K 58
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...