Glitchtale: The Age of Pain

By Tom_Darko

They believe that they have killed a Demon, yet no one realise that she was just a deception, part of a bigge... More

Episode 2: One Last Run

Episode 1: Abyss

61 2 2
By Tom_Darko

(These Events are from a complete different timeline, from the Original Glitchtale Ep 8: Animosity; our story begins after the death of Bete Noir by the, well, literally hands of W.D. Gaster and his most powerful attack: Polychromatism. 

However, no one knows yet that the outcome of this battle was already scheduled by a not-so external figure...)

Gaster lowered his hands, Papyrus looked at him with a worried look, yet he instantly felt better: gaining his strenght back.

The old G fell to his knees and his eyelid starts to low down, spelling with a soft yet satisfied voice: "I'm so tired...".

The Doctor fell on the side, cought by his he-doesn't-remember-to-be son's hands, which after looking at him, he shot a look at the unliving body of his own brother's former killer: The Bete Noire, a black beast that now only represent a fragment of a shattered and sad past, with it's body kneeled on the ground with nearly no more flesh, with blood gushing out from the remained ones.

Returning to share the look with "Sans' friend", Papyrus leave out a relieved word to him: "You did it Gaster."

He didn't have enough time to catch another breath, that he heard two familiars voices.

"Doctor Gaster! Papyrus!"

Chara and Asriel jumped near the two skeleton, with the little goat putting an hand on Paps' shoulder.

Papyrus smiled at the two kids, while Chara was still on alert, but finally catching breath for the long and hasty run till there, and then.. she finally looked at the Beast's corpse:

Merely a skeleton, with few flesh remained, and was second by seconds disintegrating into small pieces of dust; a sigh of relief and of rest, at last... 

While Asriel helped Papyrus standing up with Gaster sleeping on his' arms, Chara turned towards the three and proceded to help them...

But a flebile sound, in the silence of smiles, catches their attentions.

A slight yet incredibly fast sound of feets, like as someone was running all around them, far away and then coming back, several times, in matter of milliseconds.

After a few seconds, the noises instantly stopped, and the three companions thought that it was just their imagination, or perhaps an afar noise of the remained destruction caused by the not so ago battles.

They had to get rest, now that they could... now that it was all over...

With the strenght they had left they reached the Arena, with an unusual sense of quiet and silence.. too much silence; but they just didn't notice such details:

Chara and, most of all, Asriel couldn't wait to hug in tears their parents.

Papyrus and Gaster, well they had to mourn a bit, but helping the citizen and re-building the city would definitvely give them time enough to recalibrate everything.

Only a few steps in the corridor and they would finally be in front o...

Chara and Asriel became instantly silent and worried: there was noone!,- only parts of the roof falled after the fight, and scraps of Mettaton's body.

Something wasn't right, but to not fall into pessimism, Papyrus exclamed, in cool poses (and with Gaster on his shoulder, i must say): "Do Not Worry, my fellow Princes! They'll surely be somewhere out helping people, Here let me call Undyne right away!"

The two kids smirked for the skeleton coolness, and with their spirit reinvigorated, they moved away those feelings of bad omens and as well moved themself away from the Arena.

But perhaps those were not only feelings, or so thought Chara after the only thing that Papyrus obtained by calling Undyne was a deludent and macabre "Hey Punk, this is Undyne, police officer of  Determino that you've tried to reach! Leave a message or try later!... ": Nothing; even in the streets there was a sinister silence.

"We have to reach the school." said Chara out loud with a determined yet scared voice, and this time Papyrus could't cheer them up, because even he was sensing something not right, still holding his "Father" close to him.

They ran as fast as they could, surrounded only by chaos that only represented a background to what was happening.

Not caring of the skyscraper with a massive hole on the highest angle of the roof, they kept their marathon, till a voice made them tremle and filled them with a dying fear and an incoming rage:

"Everyone... is dead"

The corpse of Betty was standing behind them, with it's eyes glowing magenta and with the inexistent mouth speking through the wind.

"Too late... too slow, to realise... "

Turned around and saw directly that nightmare, they didn't even reason about how that thingh was still talking:

"... still, it'll enough: you've all served your purpose in this time."

Chara, imbued by the black Hate for that creature, physically and emotionally, attacked the remain members of that beast with all the strenght she had.

It did nothing to dodge nor block, though it would've been a miracle with no limb intact to even try to did it.

...but before the knife could pierce the flesh of Betty, a purpled white glow separated from Bete's chest.

Getting behind the slashed body, the light quickly revealed itself a person: dressed with tunic and trousers that resemble ancient clothes; 

At the belly a shulder bag and a baldric filled the sea of purple that his tunic was with their black-tendency brown, and a belt that the same previous color was almost being suffocated by the purple color and aura that the light was creating while fading;

A purple hoodie with a silvertin mask, hiding it's face, resembeling a creature de-formed from a mix of several animals: the face of a fox, the ears of a cat, then... a pair or butterfly's wings?, and the... the horns of a deer?

Those were definitively not Chara's thoughs, as she stabbed the unliving pink body with the right hand and realizing there was a someone into that light.

As quickly as the wind, the man in purple opened his hands in front of him, not removing his look from Chara, as she was confused and worringly surprised;

and in those violet gloves, a majestic yet sharp haldberd was summoned, and with an incredible speed and strenght, pierced itself thorugh Betty's body, almost reaching Chara, who face turned pale for the near tip of the weapon near to her.

Almost used as a shield, the poor remnant was pushed forward and backwards, as the attacker kept trying to injure Chara with his weapon, as she extracted the weapon and started defending herself; while after such torturic moment Betty's body finally turns completely into dust.

"I'm sorry... "

Meanwhile Asriel, realized the danger, charged with his sword in his hands; while Papyrus grabbed Chara's soul and pushed her back to his side with his magic, saving her from a fatal attempted attack from the newly menace.

After throwing a fireball to the ground in order to create a smokescreen and to blind it, Asriel attempted to slash the misterious attacker, but outside of the fog wall there was no one.

The same, sinister and sibilant, fast sound of feets, resembled into their ears, or were their mind?

"Where is he!? How did he disappeared?!... " Those were Asriel's though, after he stood up, searching for him: "Who's this guy!? Where is he hid..."

Asriel instantly stopped.

And so did Papyrus.

Chara was the only one that could've look, with devastating pain and horror, but that sensation didn't allow her to scream, nor move from these visions:

Papryrus was fading away, with an hole in his chest, into a swirly whirl of pieces of dust; but that didn't concerned him as he was holding Gaster, calmly as a sleeping child, unconsciousy dying in his own hands.

As Asriel, with an oblivious look, in front of him saw the man in purple holding a colorful and joyful raimbow souls, his souls; he did not panick,, he did not care about the slash in his chest and the hole under his back's fur, 

Immobilized, they silenly cried.

"Gaster..."

Turning back one last time at his childhood friend, with tears on his face, he shot her a gaze between sadness and acceptence: a weak smile at the girl who though him the impossible; 

"Sister..."

...and as Papyrus completely faded away, joining his father and his brother, the attacker closed his fist with ferocious strenght, destroing the very being of Asriel's life, turning him into a velum of dust.

Chara... petrified, babbeling even without saying a single word, in a matter of six seconds, she became almost apathetic, as the man in purple slowly waits...

"I know what you're feeling: all of these... sacrifices, all for ...? "

Nothing: Anger, Joy, Disgust, Fear, even the Sadness after a moment faded that away, along with them...

"I know very well that sensation, that soon drives you into insanity... where you think it's just. too. late..."

No sound nor word that she could hear, or wanted to; she just looked at him with the only feeling that she had left...

"No emotions, no thoughs... no one; when the only thingh you have to guide you it's..."

...HATE

Chara lost completely control of herself, her face now resembled the one of a animositus demon: black as the Void itself; her knife, miming her emotion, turned black with a shade of red, as Chara charged with incredible speed the murder.

But he was faster, and just a moment before the knife blow hit, he dodged and clashed his haldberd with the black weapon.

"Such Animosity won't lead you far away, Chara Dreemurr.  It will only make it longer and worse for you."

The fight was ferocious, a deadly combination of swings and slashes, and while Chara was not esitating to kill that guy, he on the other hand had a complete differente behaviour.

Calm, yet concentrate. "Her attacks are powerful, but I already know this fight. "

Chara was fighting like she never did, trying to stab and strike everything she had againts him, but only with poor results: every three attacks only one hit the target, and his regeneration was absurd! on the other hand, each three attacks from the murder almost every one cut or dismembered one of her parts.

She did not care, she would've kill him even if would've cost her own life.

"That scenario is becoming more and more real as time pass." shouted the man in purple, while blocking another knife' slash.

She had no time to even realize that he just read her mind; but perhaps she wouldn't have care, expecially when he dodged yet another attack and threw her into a building with a punch.

More and more black filled the Determination's Souls. 

Till.   the very.   gap. 

She couldn't feel herself, in her mind nothing besides her father Asgore, her mother Toriel, her brother Asriel, and all of their friends: that nourish the Hate that was now nearly controlling her.

She launched herself to the ground, and holding his knife in her hand "Welcome..."

And smashed it to the ground, stabbing the street "...to my Special Hell."

If someone would've been on Mt. Ebbot, though if someone would've been still alive, they would've seen a cataclysmatic background in front of them:

The entire city of Determino covered in the color red, like hell itslef, brighting more and more, like a star ready to explode and transform into nothing, as so it was to happen.

Before everything could fall apart, Chara ran to the Man in Purple and hold him back to the ground with her now black arms.

"You won't escape."

But with a  mocking grin, the misterious man answered "Who said i have to?"

It took only one attack, to destroy the entire city: the building, the school, even the meadows a bit outside Determino were completely destroyed or those that were not caught by the explosion, burned.

If before there was a background of destruction, now there was no background, just an enormous and empty hole.

Empty as Chara's souls, who was now kneeled to the ground, catching her breath fro the amount of energy used, but still...

"You still don't get it, do you?"

That monster was untouched, with a frammented purple barrier surrounding him.

"You can't win this fight... i already know you."

Chara stood up, with blood on his mouth, and took his knife once again, as her attacker did the same with his haldberd.

They looked into each other eye for seconds: Chara was preparing for one final attack, as the Purple Guy changed several time his grip on his weapon, not breaking eye contact, studying her movements.

Then... he closed his eyes.

"Say hi to my family when you meet them, you monster"  saluting and taunting his opponent, Chara was ready, and charged him with a scream.

As she was only one meter from his foot, he instantly opened his eyes and exclaimed.

"You will hug them soon enough"

He blocked the first swing, then the second...

But Chara couldn't attack the third time, that the haldberd of Pain trapassed her chest, riving her souls.

She looked at him, coughting rivers of blood, but grinding her teeth, as her Determination kept her alive.

The Purple man gazed her with a satisfying face: "I've. Won."

Instantly, he extracted the weapon from Chara's body, the slashed her again and finally, after getting behind her, ended up with a final strike the sliced her in half.

The Determination Souls cracked violently and shattered thorugh the vacuous black aspect of the Menu. 

She lost. 

Everything... was lost.

ERASING IN PROGRESS...

There was nothing she could do: her body was already vanishing, she couldn't move anymore.

Only her head remained, to watch the world slowly and silently dying in front of her.

She wasn't Determined anymore, only acceptance.

"I failed them..."

Those were hers words, Chara Dreemurr's, as she closed her eyes and every display all around her shut down.

"Rules, Death and Resets, an eternal cycle that will be finally broken," 

Chara awaked at the hear of that damned voice. As the Man in Purple approched her, walking in the Menu, while only one display remained white.

"This Game is about to end, into becoming an Abyss that many would call... Life."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 116K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
162K 7.8K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
206K 13.6K 19
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...