A Mischievous Gutsy Girl.

By Ishi_Ishu

Note : *This is not a love story.* This story is a long story having many stories hidden in it which are inte... More

Author's Note.
*ATTENTION*
Chapter. 1 'Hi I'm Nish!'
Chapter 2. "HELLO!"
Chapter 3. 'Look at me! I'm your youngest sister!'
Chapter 4. 'Hi........Dad!'
Chapter 5. 'The Emergency Meeting!'
Chapter 6. "Friends?!"
Chapter 7. Skimble Skamble Blunder!šŸ™„
Chapter 8. Party?!
Chapter 9. Cold Shoulders.
Chapter 10. 'They Hardly Talk.'
Chapter 11. 'Miss Chhabra and family!'
Chapter 12. Shouts and Giggles.
Chapter 13. 'School or College?!'
Chapter 14. 'Introduction and Mitesh Sir!'
Chapter 15. 'Nishi Khurrana, is also a bully?!'
Chapter 16. 'Vardhan Sir!'
Chapter 17. 'Life Lesson.'
Chapter 18. 'Lover or Criminal?!'
Chapter 19. 'Little Love Secrets.'
Chapter 20. 'A Challenge or A Mission?'
Chapter 21. Revealing of a Hidden Criminal!
Chapter 22. 'Emergency?!'
Chapter 23. 'His old wound.'
Chapter 24. 'Popcorn Show in the Canteen!'
Chapter 25. 'Sorry Champ!'
Chapter 26. 'Hit Song!'
Chapter 27. 'The Talk!'
Chapter 28. 'Trap and Catch.'
Chapter 29. 'Cute Apology Letter!'
Chapter 30. 'Celebrating Old Bonds!'
Chapter 31. 'THAAP!'
Chapter 32. 'The Letter.'
Chapter 33. 'Quiet Days.'
Chapter 34. 'The Ride of Guilty Rollercoaster.'
Chapter 35. 'Waiting. . .'
Chapter 36. 'The Tiring Night!'
Chapter 37. 'The Shocking Train!'
Chapter 38. 'Vihaan and Manav's Cheating!'
Chapter 39. 'The Web of Lies.'
Chapter 40. 'The Unknown Watch and The Red Lines of Oscilloscope.'
Chapter 41. 'His Confession.'
Chapter 42. "How do you know her?"
Chapter 43. 'The Elders' Hidden Conspiracy.'
Chapter 44. 'The Chaos of Little Lies.'
Chapter 45. 'Home . . .an unearthly feeling.'
Chapter 46. 'Dicussing The Odds On A Queer Evening.'
Chapter 47. 'Giggles Of A Mushy Talk.'
Chapter 48. 'The Mother's Mistake.'
Chapter 49. 'A Little Interrogation and The Slip Of Tongue.'
Chapter 50. 'A Little Get Together.'
Chapter 51. 'The Dumb Charades and The Talking Eyes.'
Chap 52. 'The Secret Of The World Tour.'
Chapter 54. 'Plans.'
Chapter 55. Unknown cell*
Chapter 56. 'Because Love Is Never Enough...'
Chapter 57. 'One Blabbering Evening.'
Chapter 58. 'The Attack of Masked Men.'
Chapter 59. 'He will be fine!'
Chapter 60. 'A Long Night . . .'
Chapter 61. 'Professionals' Party?!'
Chapter 62. 'The Ice Cream Man!'
Chaoter 63. 'The Cat Fight and The Cat Coffee.'
Chapter 64. 'Drinking Habits and The Soft Gaze.'
Chapter 65. 'Back to School.'
Chapter 66. 'The Moment He Hates The Most.'
Chapter 67. 'Little-Big Plans.'
Chapter 68. 'The Mystery of Staring Eyes.'
Chapter 69. 'The Secret Talk in the Study Room.'
Chapter 70. 'The Dawn Before The Fall.'
Chapter 71. 'Little Talks.'
Chapter 72. 'The Voices In Her Head.'
Chapter 73. 'The Meet and The Inner Battles.'
Chapter 74. 'The Chit-Chat During The Inner Shakiness.'
Chapter 75. 'The Dark Reality.'
Chapter 76. 'The Whirlpool of Emotions.'
Chapter 77. 'Flirty-Angry-Running Hearts.'
Chapter 78. 'Acidity, Attitude and Agony.'
Chapter 79. 'Angry Hearts.'
Chapter 80. 'The Woman With Dark and Thundering Cloudy Cheeks.'
Chapter 81. 'Get-Together Goes Wrong.'

Chapter 53. 'The Damage of Lies.'

318 34 18
By Ishi_Ishu

Author :

Continuing from where we left. . .

Thank you!
Happy Reading!
:)

• • •

At Vihaan's House 🏘 :

"But wasn't she living in different countries just because she wanted to study in different countries? आप ही लोगों ने तो बताया था हमें ये कि starting में खतरा था but बाद में she said she wants to study in different countries, she wants to know more about their culture, she loves to learn different languages? Loves to explore?" Shreya asks him out of nowhere with moist eyes in shock.

[ Translation : "You were the ones who told us that there was danger in starting but later she said she wants to study in different countries, she wants to know more about their culture, she loves to learn different languages? Loves to explore?" ]

Bhishma shakes his head looking at her and says, "तुम लोगों से सच छुपाया गया। वो एक जगह कभी टिकी ही नहीं क्यूँकि हर कुछ महीनों में, सालों में उस पर अटैक हो जाता है और फिर location change करनी पड़ती है। हर बार कहीं ना कहीं से।" Bhishma's words take away breaths as he whispers the last words and Shreya covers her mouth and more tears spill out of her eyes which turned red while Gia cries putting her hands over her mouth.

[ Translation : "The truth was hidden from you people. She never stayed at one place because every few months she gets attacked and then the location has to be changed. Every time from somewhere or the other." ]

Trisha's throat goes dry hearing that, Kirti's eyes brim with tears and she shakes her head as if telling herself, This can't be true!

Vihaan was beyond shocked because he only knew that she was in danger when she was living with their grandparents peacefully, but what is more shocking to him is that when his mother was pregnant with his sister, his sister was still being targetted everyday, like Hyenas looking for their meals everyday. His heart trembles with all the info he just got but is unable to take well. His forehead sweats with the imagination of her hiding, running, fighting those nightmares, having panick attacks while being targetted everyday like a flying bird in the sky. . . . But the only difference is that this bird was cursed to fly high, fly high but away from her home. How could he stay calm after hearing that she was on a run for past 15 fr***ing years and it all started when she was just a fetus in her mother's womb?

Meanwhile, Anshuman looks at his mother and Aunts with disbelief. He still held onto a little hope that it's not true when Bhishma uttered those four words,"Because of her safety." He still had a little hope somewhere that she could not have been caged-in in the name of security for years, she could not have been snatched away from them in the name of protection, she could not have been wronged all these years in front of the elders' eyes just to hide the truth! How could they do so! Caging a child instead of finding the one who is responsible for her sullen childhood? No family, no friends, no parents, no festivals, no connections. Does not it sound like a haunted nightmare of any child?

Nikita was crying covering her mouth. Today, Shivika had no courage to go and console her. Nia herself was trying to understand the courage of this girl who just changed the direction of many drowning sails of lives that how the hell she lived without family under that fear for a decade after losing her only family, her Nanny-Pappy?

The only thought torned Garima's heart, 'She had everything, yet nothing was in her favour, she was flying in the open sky but all hunters' arrows and guns were targetting her and her only.' Garima looks down at her lap shutting her eyes letting the truth sink in that you can't guess what someone is going through just by looking at their smiling and laughing faces.

'No wonder, she can read faces so easily. She is so fearless because she has seen the world worst than us!' Aniket thinks and could not stop his hammering heart going for this teenager and looks at Arav as if telling him with his eyes that she was indeed right that day in the canteen, life does not spare anyone whether you are rich or poor. And Arav could only look down at Mrityunjay who was too silent today. Silent like all the youngsters. Arav wondered if this house is going to witness someone's murder today the way these youngsters' eyes held a silent grave look after hearing the truth. And Mrityunjay's silence? That's the rarest thing ever. Arav knows what it means, Mrityunjay felt deeply hurt by this revelation.

'Money can't buy childhood if family is not there to pay for those little toys you dream of playing with.' The sudden thought crushed Nikita's heart mercilessly. She cries hysterically covering her mouth with both palms but her pain had no sound, the pain she felt for her best friend cum little sister about whom she only heard and assumed her to be the happiest amongst them all just like she was portrayed with the elders' black lies. . . . Lies which gifted them a doll full of mysterous eyes.

Someone lost their parents years ago and someone lost the page of her life which had the title, family.

Arika did not know how to swallow this. She remembers the night of her welcome party. She goes and hugs Rajveer who comes out of his grave thoughts and hugs her back tightly while she cries. Those taunts Akriti threw at her that night, they did not work. Now Arika understands, why? Now Jay understands why it's so easy for her to read someone's hidden sorrow behind their beaming faces?

Naina widens her eyes and looks at Amol who was frozen on his spot like Ajeet who wished that one day he will visit those places he heard from the youngsters she visited. He even planned on to ask her which one he should visit first when he earns enough to go on a world tour in the future with his sister.

Arushi gulps hearing that and a shocked Nakul sobers up and nears his twin sister only to hold her hand. Arushi just side hugs him and he stays there pulling her closer to his chest. It was their first hug after these 2.5 years. She was scared and he knew his twin needs him.

"Attacks?!" Advik whispers with a grave look and exchanges looks with Varun, Chaitanya and Rishi who were hell shocked.

"Fu*k!" Abhishek, the advocate curses under his breath.

"बस तब से ये countries बदलने का सिलसिला चल रहा है। लेकिन इस बार हमें नहीं पता था कि सबसे बड़ा खतरा उसे अपने ही घर में था।" He was talking about Avni in the last part which they knew well.

[ Translation : "Since then this process of changing countries is going on. But this time we didn't know that the biggest threat to her was in her own home." ]

Their elders hid such big truth saying that she wanted to study in foreign lands and also that she is a kid and this fame world will throw her into danger, so she is happily living in different countries and is studying in her favorite schools. But when Nishant asked them that why the elders never shared any details of her, never led anyone to talk to her from her family, this made them suspicious. Vihaan was looking for the right time to talk to his father but he just couldn't because they all had a lot of work load recently. More over, they all were kids themselves years ago and were too much engrossed and happy in their lives that they hardly ever noticed anything else. And even if they noticed, their elders never left any room for them to ask anything.

Silence spreads like the smell of garbage as if somebody parked the truck of garbage in the living room of the house. Nobody could breath in this silence which was killing them wanting to run away from there. But will it change anything?

It was not a shocking news for them. It was a damage.

All those years living without anyone but silence, like living in a Jail without any criminals but Jailors all around? Jailors? Who could it be other than those robotic bodyguards, her caretaker and a cook? Is it even safe to leave a child alone with a caretaker and a cook in a flat with no one around from family on a far away land from home, the safest place for a child? Was she scared when the thunder striked? What about her health? Did anyone took care of her when she fell ill like they take care of their sisters? Did anyone fed her with their hands when she did not felt like eating after falling sick? Like their parents took care of them? Did anyone make porridge or her favourite hot fresh soup? She was not allowed to talk to anyone from family, did they allow her to have friends there in that life threatening situation? Does she still miss them? Who used to send her off during her first days of schools? Who used to make her hair and teach her how to tie shoe laces? How to make a tie? How did she learn about Menstrual cycle? Was anyone there near her to take care of her during her first period? Was there anyone to take care of her moodswings and teach her what they are? Did anyone ever gifted her chocolates? Is this why she hates chocolates because she never got one? Did someone bully her there? Who she used to complain to whenever someone bullied her? Everyday when came back after her school, was there anyone at the flat to ask her,"How was your day, sweetie?" Did anyone ever gave her any nickname?
Tej felt guilty. He knew he was not at fault but still he felt worse. He was looking at Vihaan who was too silent. He knows what kind of silence his brother is sitting in, silence before the cyclone. He knows, he understands, he can feel well completely what exactly Vihaan is feeling. He is thousand percent sure that these questions which are haunting him now, they must have already been haunting Vihaan after meeting Nishant. But now, Tej knows Vihaan will not be able to sleep anymore with this revelation, just like him.

After loosing his parents Tej always wondered how cruel fate can be, today he got the answer.

But it was going to get worse.

Now the question is, are they ready to face the worst to get the best of her?

Calming his racing scared heart, Mrityunjay asks Tej's most wanting question, "Is she safe now?"

All heads turn to Bhishma for an answer who only shakes his head trembling their hearts and says looking up at him, "No. That's why I told you the truth. If you find anything dangerous or suspicious about anything or anyone, inform the securities or me immediately!"

"15 years. . . " all look at Anshuman who was glaring at Bhishma unwantedly because the disappointment he felt was bigger than the respect he had for this man right now. He felt like being stabbed on his back. "15 fr**king years and you still have not found him after letting all of us go through those sh**ty lies?! Really?! Is this some kind of a joke?!" Anshuman asks bursting on Bhishma who says lowly looking down with helplessness, "We could not. . ."

Rohan puts a hand on Anshuman's shoulder who shrugs off his hand and asks looking at Karuna, "Did you ever talk to her over a phone call, Chachi?" Karuna cries putting a hand on her mouth at his reaction. She never thought that one day she will see such anger and disappointment in his eyee, that too for herself. His question makes the water in Vihaan's eyes fall on his hands and burn his skin with the anger he felt. Ritesh grabs Anshuman's arm gently pushing him back but he pushes him back and asks his mother this time, "A message? May be you must be talking through radio signals to make sure she is safe, right? That's why she is cool with you all." He says resting his hands on his waist and nods to himself.

For the first time in life Anuradha saw disappointment in her son's eyes. She never saw that disappointment when his father stopped being a father to him and his sisters, she did not see it even when she scolded them for asking why their father is turning into a robot out of the blue? She still did not see it in those beautiful eyes of her son when Gia ones asked her if they are getting a divorce and she slapped her that day at her unexpected question. However, Anuradha apologised immediately but Gia ran away from the house to the near park sobbing loudly. Anshuman still did not say anything, he knew that Gia was always naive and impatient. He consoled his little sister and made her understand that she should not ask or say just anything to the elders without thinking. Gia learned it was not a wise step, later on she apologised to her mother and Anuradha hugged her kids while crying and apologising to them again and again. She could understand what they felt, their father was there but still he was never there.

But today, her stomach twists with the look her kids, her sister-in-law's kids, her friends' kids were giving her. They are disappointed in their mothers, something they never wanted to face but they saw it coming one day.

For the first time, Anshuman's friends saw him this much angry and disappointed.

"And what about Tej Bhai and Nikki?" All heads snap at Gia whose brows were furrowed, cheeks were wet. The elders's hearts pump their blood rapidly trying their best to not to result into heart attacks. "Why did you hide the fact from her that Tej Bhai and Nikki both are her adopted siblings? And you did not care to tell us?! क्यूँ?" Gia asks crying openly.

[ Translation : क्यूँ - Why ]

"W-W-We--We did not w-w-want her -to thi-th-think that we r-re-r-replaced her with them. We hid it t-to protect her -emotionally." Karuna says stuttering while sobbing.

"YOU ARE LYING! CHACHI, YOU ARE LYING!" Gia shouts making Karuna flinch back while Anuradha looks down crying silently letting her daughter let it all out and Sukanya gives a pity look to the young girl who was hurt badly by all these revelations. "झूठ पर झूठ! झूठ पर झूठ! और कितना झूठ?! ज़बान नहीं थकती आप लोगों की?" She shouts throwing her index finger at the mothers and a silently sitting Bhishma. She licks her lips and says, "You did it just because you did not know how to face her! How to face her after making her a villain in our eyes without even her presence here for more than a decade! And when it came to us? You thought it's not a big deal! We have been fooling them for years! This too shall not make a ruckus about such small thing! So leave it, because they are dumb! Oh! We are! And guess who made us?!" Gia asks throwing her hands to herself with a sarcastic smile and wet cheeks, eyes full of tears and hue of red in them. Arushi cries seeing her friend fighting with her family for her family.

[ Translation : "YOU ARE LYING! AUNT, YOU ARE LYING!" Gia shouts, "Lies after lies! Lies after lies! How many more lies?! Don't your tongues get tired?" ]

Shreya turns Gia with a jerk and hugs her tightly causing her to burst into tears while saying repeatedly, "I'll never forgive you! Never!" Shreya rubs her back while her baby sister cries and coughs.

"Shh, don't shout. Or she will hear you. We don't want her to wake up at this moment. Hmm?" Gia cries more but nods hugging her sister tightly and shuts her mouth. Kashti takes Arushi in a hug who was crying at the scene and it was getting hard for her brother to console her.

Anuradha and Karuna cry covering their mouths while shaking their heads vigoruosly unable to talk. Sukanya understands if she opens her mouth it will be of no use, her sons, Varun and Mrityunjay's silent stares said enough. And Arav? She looks away with helpless teary eyes from those questioning eyes.

Rohan looks away with a frustrated sigh. He did not know how to help his friend and girlfriend? He himself found another close friend in the youngest, the news is not less than a disaster for him. 'I swear! I swear, just let my hands on you ones! Just ones, b**t**d!' He thought fisting his hands. A child had to stay away from her family for 15 years, the thought was enough to boil the officer's blood. His gaze falls on Ariv who shakes his head giving him a look. Rohan takes deep breaths understanding well that he neeeds to stay calm for his friend, his love who is crying badly with her unanswered questions which were killing her. He himself had questions for his mother now, will she answer them if he asked?

The teenagers were too numb to react, they could only watch this show which is too personal but they knew they are family friends who now needed to protect their new friend, the patient and her adopted sister from all the ruckus who is crying continuously with all the revelations.

Jay, Darsh, Nakul and Amol talk in eyes and nod at each other to take the teenagers back to home. But before they could move, Vihaan finally stands up making them rooted on their spots. He is the scariest.

Vihaan looks at his mothers asking calmly, "Why?" They could not answer but gulp down their lumps that kept forming in their throats again and again.

"WHY?!" The women and kids flinch back a bit at Vihaan's loud voice. He was seething in anger today. He thought they cared for her the most when he saw them always worrying for her, but today he realised none was there from the family to even ask how is she doing?

Silence spreads like a spirit with an unfinished will in a haunted house. No one dared to open their mouths. Would they even say if they opened their mouths? What could they say?

"Who is this person after her life so badly? She was an infant! उसने क्या बिगाड़ा है किसी का?!" Tej asks his Uncle angrily breaking the haunting silence.

[ Translation : "उसने क्या बिगाड़ा है किसी का?!" - "What harm has she done to anyone?!" ]

"I'm sorry kids! That's all I can tell. I can't tell you who it is because we don't know." Bhishma says making them disappointed. And Tej looks away chuckling bitterly. Anshuman opens his mouth to say something but his big brother beats him to that.

"BUT WHY IS HE AFTER HER?! SHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG WITH HIM EVER! THEN WHY?!" Vihaan asks abruptly in his coldest tone as he shouts with full rage making some of them flinch at his anger again. Arushi clutched onto Kashti who rubs her back calming her. Kirti nears Nikita who flinched and was now trembling a bit looking at her big brother.

"Vihaan! Calm down yourself, Beta!" Karuna says with tears in her eyes at his reaction and remembering the time she had no other option but to send her daughter, her little bundle of joy far away from her unwantedly.

"Someone is after my sister's life since the time when she was not even born and you are telling me to calm down?! You will not give me any more details about him, will you?!" Vihaan asks his mother angrily who stays silent as she looks down. He turns huffing in annoyance with restlessness and says, "I can't believe this Mom!" Then he rests his left hand on his waist and asks throwing his right hand in the air, "She was in danger all this time! All this while! And you never told me?! None of us! मुझे लगा it must be a normal threat like Nikki, G, Ari and Shre have been facing due to belonging to a billionaire family because I heard you guys talking once that she is in danger again. But NO! No wonder you guys were hell worried when she came here out of nowhere!" He says further with blaming eyes angrily looking at Bhishma and Karuna who was crying silently. He looks at Anuradha and asks, "Tell me you didn't know anything about this, Maa?" Anuradha looks down again at the floor with wet eyelashes because she was the one who took care of little Vihaan in his mother's absence for months. He looks at Bhishma and says with blaming eyes, "And what about those three operations she had? Even YOU have no idea about this, Uncle!" He feels helpless as he asks angrily, "Now tell me, how do I ask her? Because I'm sure she will not utter a word about anything! उससे कुछ भी पूछो she only avoids it somehow! And why is that?! I'm sure इसका कनेक्शन भी आप लोगों से ही होगा the way she doesn't care how you treat her! No wonder, she did not ask a single question about Tej and Nikki! Not a single question! She just accepted them pretending as if she knew they are our siblings!" Vihaan taunts angrily looking at Bhishma who did not dare to look up not because he was afraid of the young man but he was guilty himself.
Vihaan's words raised Bhishma's heart beats. He did not know how he will face her.

[ Translation 1 : मुझे लगा - I thought

Translation 2 : "Ask her anything she only avoids it somehow. And why is that?! I'm sure it will also be related to you guys the way she doesn't care how you treat her!" ]

Tej's heart gets crushed when his eyes fall on his sister, Nikki. He knows well she is as disappointed in their parents as him and Vihaan.

"Bhaiya! Please calm down. She is sleeping and if she hears she will ask questions." Shreya says wiping her tears trying to hint them all that this is not the right place. She was worried if her little cousin will hear them then it will be a big disaster. Vihaan just turns back and leaves the house in an instant second not wanting to disturb her because he can't control his anger after hearing the worst truth of his life which created a havoc in his mind, heart and life pretty badly.

When they thought that things are getting better and they will make everything fine at any cost, this bitter truth entangled them more, leaving them restless at the current situation in their lives.

"I'll go and take care of him with Manav and Mrityunjay but Uncle! Mom! Maa! You didn't do the right thing by hiding all this from us! We are very disappointed in you. Very disappointed." Tej says calmly with hurt and leaves with his angry friends.

The situation was now critical as Anshuman and Gia leave for their house without a single look at the elders. Slowly due to the situation they all leave without saying a word. Rajveer drops Nikki and Kirti safely with Arika. Shreya and Kashti were the only one who were left there with Bhishma, Anuradha, Sukanya and Karuna. Karuna was crying uncontrollably. Bhishma also leaves as his heart was not at peace.

Sukanya, Shreya and Kashti were trying their best to calm down the two mothers who were hurt by their kids' reactions. Anuradha couldn't bear Gia's and Anshuman's reactions and Vihaan's question hits her heart directly hurting her as he was so close to her being the first born in the family. And Tej and Nikki? She never imagined she will hurt their precious gems one day so badly and that too unintentionally.

But what was Vineet and Avneesh were denying Bhishma from telling their kids? Why they are keeping things when they know well how badly it will fly their bonds away from home?

And what will happen when Nishi will wake up seeing a now empty house?

* * *

At the Supermarket 🛒 :

"Are you okay?" Kabir asks the advocate as Abhishek closes the door of Rohan's Jeep after dropping some of the students to their homes safely with the officer. Kabir took Abhishek with him understanding well he will not tell his thoughts to anyone but him.

They both are alike in many ways, except Abhishek's bad temper which often gets out of control like Vihaan while working on cases and hearing lies during his journey through different cases. It was very tough for him to work in the beginning but Avinash and Mrityunjay were there mostly to guide him like his father who still tells him to keep his temper in check every time he leaves for a Hearing at the Court. While on the other hand, Kabir's temper might be pretty bad too but he is a calm person when it comes to handling situations like these. Basically him and Ritesh both are the peacemakers in their group while Rohan and Abhishek both are alike in temper issues.

Although, Anshuman is not like these two friends of his, he is a simple guy whose entire week goes by working, spending time with his friends, discussing over different topics with Shreya which he enjoys a lot because of his intelligent sister, finding ways to annoy Gia, trying his best to not to anger his big brother, talking to his mother while she does her work after coming home from his job, long night calls with his girlfriend after all fall asleep and spending time with his entire family on weekends. His life was simple. Though, it was incomplete without his father's presence mostly and a completely invisible youngest cousin, but it was still beautiful and he still loved it to no end.

And then comes the teenagers' most favourite since kindergarten days, Ariv, a fun loving guy who only gets serious during life threatening situations or when it comes to family and work and his Aru.

Abhishek nods and adds scratching his forehead, "I just need a walk."

Only Kabir could see how frustrated the advocate looked after hearing the truth. Wanting to be an advocate since his childhood, Abhishek always hated lies, always. And this surely somewhere broke him a bit too because he knows his parents are involved in this web of lies with Vihaan and Tej's parents.

Questions were colliding with Abhishek's brain walls and he sighs now understanding that Tej must be going crazy with all the questions running in his head.

'Was it really a car accident or there is more?' The sudden question of Abhishek's mind freezes him and his throat goes dry at the question which never striked anyone's brain.

Kabir flicks his right hand's thumb and index finger together bringing him back to reality and Abhishek looks at his officer friend who asks with concern, "What's wrong? You look pale."

"Do you think that Tej's parents could have been murdered?" Abhishek asks with a raise in his heart beats.

Kabir frowns at the unexpected question and comes out of the car asking, "What do you mean? Rits told me today that was a car accident."

"I don't know. I mean, Tej and his family came to the town when Nikki was three and a half years old. They lost their parents when she turned 5.5 years old. By that timing their parents bonded with our families so well that I can tell because we used to spend almost every afternoon and evening together after our schools almost everyday. Vihaan used to love to walk Nikki to her class room and we would come back together home with her. So, I doubt they were not aware of the truth." Abhishek explains thoughtfully and Kabir gets caught in a thought hearing that. Abhishek looks at the officer and asks, "You think their Car accident might be a murder and the elders are hiding it from us?"

Kabir looks at him with a calculative gaze and says after a few seconds, "May be. We can't trust your elders in this case too I guess. Till date, they have done nothing except lying to you guys."

"F**king hell!" Abhishek curses fisting his hands as he looks away.

Kabir slaps his arm lightly with the back of his hand while saying, "Control yourself, Abhi. We need to stay calm if we want to find out the entire truth. Mann is so disappointed and angry."

"Anyone would be!" Abhishek snaps.

"I mean, I never saw him this angry and talking back to any elders like that. Of course it's understandable, why? But you know, the situation is critical right now, you have to stay calm. Also, don't talk to Tej Sir about this or to anyone. May be, we are wrong."

"और may be right?" Abhishek says with icy eyes and hands on waist now.

Kabir sighs at his cold look and question and says, "We can't get to any conclusions without any proof, Abhi. Get this in your head. This is your family and friends we are talking about, you can't make any assumptions here." The advocate gives him a cold look. Kabir sighs again before saying, "It might bring another havoc in your family which we don't need right now." Abhishek looks away as Kabir says, "You are in a good temper right now. You need to calm down first instead of jumping on just any thought. Not a smart move."

"I know." Abhishek says looking away with a cold look. His stomach flips with the thought of his assumptions being true. If it's true, it will shatter Tej and Nikki.

'And Vihaan?' His mind asks and his heart races as he walks away fisting and unfisting his hands.

"Where're you going?" Kabir asks tilting his head.

"Walk." He spits without looking back.

"Be careful." Kabir warns not wanting to leave his friend understanding his temper and emotions.

"Go to Mann and G. I'm fine." Saying this, the advocate disappears in the crowd.

"Hope you will not blame yourself for this too." Kabir mutters under his breath resting his hands on his waist. He sighs deeply and sits in Rohan's Jeep. Staring at the crowd in a daze, he sighs again and drives to Anshuman's home with the only thought, 'I hope your guesses are all wrong, Abhi.'

* End of the chapter. *

Author :

How was the chapter?
Note : I might not be able to update for a little longer due to my injury or the updates might be more irregular than before. I will let you guys know whenever the date for the next update will be fixed.

Thank you for reading.
Keep smiling.
❤️ :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 124K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. šŸ”„** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
34.2K 1.2K 40
š€ššš„š¢š²šš I'd sworn off of love and men after the fiasco that was my last relationship. Until I spent one steamy and passionate night with a dark...
19.1K 1.2K 30
I love you, Alara! My love for you knows no bounds-I would sacrifice everything for you!! ...
2M 105K 48
"Jojo, I love you" she said "Tara, you are just 15" I said "No!! until I will turn 18, you will find someone else" she said "No, I won't" I said wit...