Pokémon x Male Reader-The Sou...

De BeanHam

Pokémon are incredible creatures. Some are terrifying, some are adorable, and others are something in between... Mais

Chapter 1-Wilderness Survival For the Short of Luck
Chapter 2-No Money?
Chapter 3-The Old Lady
Chapter 4-An Overly Dramatic Detour
Chapter 5-Thoroughly Schooled
Chapter 6-Held Hostage
Chapter 7-Force of Nature
Chapter 8-Parenting 101
Chapter 9-"Living Legend"
Chapter 10-The Ascension
Chapter 11-Surf's Up
Chapter 13-Sets of Threes
Chapter 14-Natural Disaster, Interpersonal Disaster
Chapter 15-Sand In Unfortunate Places
Chapter 16-A Poor Night's Sleep
Chapter 17-Hammer Of Judgement
Chapter 18-Cornered In the Open

Chapter 12-Brought Down to Mortal

1.2K 68 81
De BeanHam

I don't own Pokémon. If I did, I would've given Unown an evolution or something.

Also, I apologize in advance.
——————————————————————

"The arena seems especially packed tonight, Huh?" Thousands of people had crowded the stands, chanting and hollering mountains of excessive jargon. You idly wondered what they were charging people for admission. "Probably something absurd." Vendors wandered up and down the stands, selling assorted treats to anybody who was willing to fork a day's worth or pay over (or those blessed with particularly demanding children).

"And on the opposing side, we have Iris Shaga of Opelucid city!" The chants only increased in volume as your opponent was lifted into the arena.

Iris waved excitedly to the crowd, obviously much more comfortable under the cameras than you were. "Though that's to be expected, given that she's also somewhat of a celebrity." The luster and prestige of gym sponsorships had been somewhat lost in recent times. This was mainly due to the fact that gyms had been handing out these sponsorships more frequently, as a way to combat Unova's stagnation in the strength of its trainers throughout the last decade or so. However, a gym trainer was still a gym trainer, and one who bore the blessing of Unova's best was by no means a pushover. Or so you'd been told. It wasn't like you had too much of a reference point.

"Without further ado..." The announcer shouted, drumming his hands on the table in front of him for dramatic effect. "Release your Pokémon!" It seems that the man wasn't keen on wasting any time tonight.

"I swear to god, If she pulls out a Haxorus, then I am going to lose it." Your face tightened in worry as you called Meloetta forth once again.

"Me-Ta-Lo!" The Pokémon sang as it sprung to its feet, it's movements dainty and refined.

"Druddigon!" Iris called, and the arena trembled as the massive Pokémon struck the ground.

"Well...at least it's not Haxorus." Druddigon stood north of six feet tall, and the Pokémon likely packed enough muscle to win Mr. Olympia twice over. Hell, it'd probably even have some to spare. The red armor that coated its head was almost rocklike in appearance, covered in dozens of jagged spikes. Its wings were like the leaves of a thistle plant, papery thin but razor sharp. Dozens more spikes ran along the length of its body, and...yeah, you were starting to sense a theme.

Combine all that with the predatory look in the Pokémon's eyes, and you likely had a candidate for the world's worst hug giver. "(y/n)!" Iris called, and you raised your gaze to meet hers. "I thought long and hard about our conversation, and in the end I decided it would be best to fight without regrets! Besides, you were tough enough to beat Marlon, so I figured I'd have to take you more seriously! Druddigon is my strongest Pokémon right now, so don't hold back!"

"Of course it is." You sighed to yourself. "Why couldn't it have been something nice, like...a Goomy?" Hell, you would've happily settled for one of the Fraxures. Those would have provided good experience for Meloetta, while also not being ten times its size.

"Well..." You spoke nervously, your voice amplified by the microphone atop your chest. Your eyes almost instinctively swung towards the ground, trying to avoid the girls expectant gaze. "He certainly looks tough, though I'm afraid I don't have too much experience with dragons..."

"That's right!" Iris giggled, grinning at her Pokémon "Isn't he adorable!"

"Drud." The rough and tough Pokémon had seemed quite pleased by your previous comment, but it seemed that good mood had now been detracted. The dragon scoffed, crossing his arms.

"Ah...ha-ha, don't worry Druddigon, I think you look super tough too!" Iris corrected herself, and Druddigon gave her an approving nod.

"Well...it seems our competitors have already had their little tea time!" Meloetta and Druddigon jerked upwards as a voice boomed over the loudspeakers. "So, unless there's any last minute exchanges..."

"I'm ready when you are!" Iris bounced excitedly. While not a perfect fit for the archetype, the girl's spirit was somewhat reminiscent of your typical shounen protagonist. You supposed that trait played a role in helping her achieve her future endeavors.

So...where did that leave you? "Same here!" You tried to muster up some enthusiasm, but your nerves prevented you from getting the energy just right.

"Then battle..." Druddigon stretched to his full height, castling his bristly shadow over Meloetta's tiny form. "Begin!" The announcer finished.

"Druddigon! Rush Meloetta down!" Iris extended a hand towards your end of the battlefield, and Druddigon thundered forward with a furious roar.

"Dodge with Quick Attack!" You command as the titanic dragon's steps shook the ground like thunderclaps. Meloetta soared towards the skies, only to be met with a brutal slash from Druddigon's outstretched claws. "Meloetta, Move!" You shouted once more, caught entirely off guard by Druddigon's speed.

Meloetta dove back towards the ground, blood now leaking from a small cut atop its cheek. Druddigon immediately dropped down in pursuit, before lifting his leg above Meloetta. "Form a shield!" As per your instruction, a wall of psychic energy was cast around Meloetta, just in time to meet Druddigon's brutal stomp.

The barrier gave way effortlessly, failing to even slow down Druddigon's nameless attack. Meloetta let out a nervous yelp as it bounced backwards. "Ooh, what a nasty hit." The announcer howled in sync with the audience. "It seems Druddigon's Stomp is nothing to be messed with!"

"That wasn't a Stomp, at least in the way you're thinking of." Burgh corrected, rubbing at the bags in his eyes. "A Stomp would have been infused with normal type energy. That was just sheer strength."

"Psybeam!" You commanded, ending the brief pause in the match.

"Metal Claw!" Iris countered, the girl now grinning ear to ear.

With claws forged of flawless steel, the dragon type's arm was sent ripping through the Psybeam, scattering the move into a shower of purple sparks. "Move!" Your reflexes kicked in, knocking Meloetta out of its stupor, and sending the Pokémon veering left.

Druddigon stumbled slightly as Meloetta escaped his clutches, the Pokémon's eyes now dazed and unfocused. "He's confused, now we can..." Druddigon interrupted your thoughts by repeatedly smashing his face against the ground, seemingly of his own volition.

When Druddigon raised his head from the ground for the last time, two things had changed. Firstly, a head sized crater now sat in front of the Pokémon. Secondly, clarity had returned to the Pokémon, though there was clear irritation on his face. A face free of any injuries.

While the steel flooring had been dented and caved in, the Pokémon's own body was completely untouched. "And...Druddigon seems to have snapped himself out of confusion!" The announcer bellowed. "Talk about hardheaded!"

"Use Psybeam again! Then get ready to dodge!" No sense in trying to slug it out something that beastly, you were going to have to play carefully if you wanted a good shot at victory.

"Counter with Dragon Tail!" Iris shouted, punctuating her command with a small spring in her step.

Most dragon type attacks favored sheer power over anything else, and thus Dragon Tail stuck out as a more technical option over the more brutish crowd. Perhaps due to this characteristic, Dragon Tail was the signature move of the Opelucid City Gym, handed out to the most exceptional trainers who passed through in gates. Normally, such a technique would have been useless in this tournament, as forcing Meloetta back into its Pokéball would have counted as a foul. These were 1v1 matches, after all.

At least, such was the assumption of a more unimaginative individual. Due to Dragon Tail's importance with regards to the Opelucid Gym-

"Druuuud!" The dragon's tail transformed into something more vicious and whiplike, hissing as the glowing limb tore through the air.

-It was likely the most practiced move in Iris's repertoire.

Dragon Tail collided with Psybeam in midair, sending the energy beam curving back towards Meloetta, the psychic laser even more volatile than before. "Dodge!" Meloetta dropped to the ground, its hands pressed against the cold steel of the arena.

The quivering Psybeam sailed above harmlessly, but Meloetta was still the farthest thing from safe. After all, Druddigon's attack was still incomplete. Dragon Tail continued its motion, snapping against its wielder's leg, and sending a splatter of blood across the nearby ground.

You heard a set of gasps from the audience. Meloetta was now obscured by darkness, suddenly enveloped by the shadow of the massive dragon that had seemingly teleported above it. "Since when!"

"Fire Punch!" Iris shouted, Druddigon's arm erupted into a miniaturized inferno, which swirled around his now glowing fist.

"Dodge with Acrobatics!" Taking hold of one of Druddigon's knees, Meloetta spun itself over the massive Pokémon's shoulders, pummeling his armored skin as it ascended. Though without so much as flinching, Druddigon sent Fire Punch on a collision course with the ground, the steel plates erupting in an explosion of hellfire.

*BOOOM* Clouds of smoke and debris were rolling towards the walls of the arena, the dark clouds illuminated only by the occasional flickering of burning metal and ash. You could've sworn the temperature in the stadium spiked. Actually, scratch that...you were sweating now, your shirt sticking to your skin as a deluge of moisture rolled down your torso.

"And would you look at that!" The announcer seemed to be in a state of disbelief. "It seems that no matter who comes out on top, the arena will always be a loser." You hoped the Castelia Battle Company had good insurance.

Only when the smoke began to wane, was the true scale of the destruction visible. Fiery cracks spread across the length of the battlefield, bleeding smoke and violent heat. Druddigon raised his molten fist from the arena, releasing another plume of umbral smoke from the ruined metal. The formerly pristine steel had been transformed into a mess of melted slag and liquid fire, hissing and popping just as boiling water might. "Did this son of a bitch...really just knock himself forward with a Dragon Tail?" Absurd as it sounds, you hoped that was what just happened, because if that was just sheer speed...

*ka-thunk* Something small rolled out of the smoky clouds, bouncing as sparks rolled off it. "Shit." You cursed under your breath. What you had previously assumed to be a piece of debris had worked its way to its feet.

"Me-Meloet-t-ta!" The Pokémon hissed in pain, jerking away from the superheated steel that it had only briefly touched.

A good chunk of Meloetta's hair had been burned off entirely, and blackened smudges masked its torso. The Pokémon's legs were raw and bleeding, as if somebody had dragged sandpaper along them. "So Druddigon's ability is rough skin then, good to know." Meloetta had seen better days, whereas your opponent was entirely unharmed. In fact, it looked like Acrobatics had done more to Meloetta than it had to Druddigon.

Speaking of the local behemoth, Druddigon lowered a claw into the molten slag, before splashing some of the glowing residue onto itself. "Iggoooon!" The Pokémon roared, before turning his reptilian eyes onto his injured opponent.

*thump* *thump* Low thuds shook the ground as Druddigon stomped towards its enemy, sending ripples across the streams of melted metal.

"Meloetta! Go invisible! Now!" You shouted, and Meloetta blinked out of existence, the notes of shimmering air lost among the sea of searing air that blighted the battlefield.

"Hold Druddigon! Keep Fire Punch active!" Iris commanded, and the telltale roar of fire answered her call. Druddigon took a step back, the remnants of the arena still trailing down his skin. Hell's bells, it looked like the Pokémon was straight up sweating lava.

"Sing! Hide and keep your distance!" You called, the end of your command seamlessly transitioning into a beautiful stream of song supplied by your Pokémon. You wouldn't have many chances to pull off the move, and the dark clouds Druddigon had kicked up would hopefully serve to supply your Pokémon with cover.

Druddigon let out a guttural yawn, the Pokémon's body rumbling like the roar of an engine. "It's hiding in the smoke!" Iris shouted, retracting her previous order and snapping her Pokémon out of his drowsy trance. "Clear them out, and then use Rock Slide!"

"Dru~Druuud." The Pokémon groaned, before drowsily raising his still burning fist towards his face, before stuffing the cataclysmic attack into his own mouth. *TOOMF* Druddigon's eyes bulged as Fire Punch was set loose within his brutish maw. Smoke rolled down the corners of his mouth, and trickles of fire leaked down the sides of his jaws.

"Well that certainly woke him up!" Setting off what was effectively a bomb within one's mouth tended to do that, regardless of how hardy said individual was.

"DRUUUUUUU!" The Pokémon roared, drowning out Meloetta's song, and a single flap of his stubby wings transformed the arena into a savage air tunnel. Any remaining fire was blasted into trailing sparks, and the smoke that had previously clouded the arena was dispersed in the abrupt windstorm. Meloetta was visible once more, the Pokémon struggling to regain its bearings as it was sent tumbling in midair.

"What power!" The announcer cheered. "That wasn't even a named attack, and I've seen flying types that have thrown less air around! How will (y/n) make his way out of this bind?"

That was a very good question, one you were currently struggling with. The roaring of the crowd, as well as the remaining heat from earlier didn't help your already stunted thought process. "Abandon Sing! Stop the rocks with telekinesis, and prepare for a Hyper Voice!"

Bouncing across the air with the aid of its psychic powers, Meloetta fought through its panic, wheeling around to face down its enemy.

Its eyes widened.

For Druddigon was no longer visible.

Instead, a wall of stone had taken his place.

When you really think about it, rockslides are horrifying, regardless of whether or not it's conjured by a Pokémon. Consider it for a second. If you were caught up in such a severe disaster, what can you really do?

Crouch down and shield yourself?

Ha. What a joke. Rockslides can turn lesser infrastructure into nigh unrecognizable ruins. At best, you'd end up as a differently shaped pile of gore.

Could you run away?

A better option, but one unlikely to yield you any real success. If such a natural disaster is already heading towards you, then the chances are that it's likely too late. Rocks can fall pretty fast when properly motivated, and as fate would have it, Gravity is one nasty effective motivator.

No. The safest option is to either hide yourself in a adequately strong shelter where the landslide cannot fully reach you, or simply avoid spots where the disaster could ever appear in the first place.

Meloetta had neither option, for there was no corner of the arena where the downpour of rubble would not reach. Each boulder was the size of a small vehicle, and moved with speeds comparable to one. There were dozens, and each one promised pain upon impact.

With its back against the (energy) wall, Meloetta pushed back the nearest stone with every last fiber of its mind. If it could create just a single opening in the onslaught of rock, then it would be safe.

Wrapped in a hurricane of telekinesis, one of the stones grinded to halt, slamming lightly into Meloetta's chest. The other rocks soared past, and Druddigon's Rock Slide pounded the walls of the arena, the stones screeching and cracking as they bounced off of one another.

"Dragon Claw!" Iris hollered. God Damn, this girl was relentless!

Your heart pounded in sync with the noises of the still falling rocks as you executed your next command. "Quick Attack! Forget Hyper Voice and move!"

Druddigon's claws extended into crackling draconic blades, and the Pokémon dived towards Meloetta's side of the arena, his claws still leaking with overwhelming power.

Meloetta dove opposite Druddigon, soaring towards the arena's center. "DRAAAAAAAAAAAA!" The Pokémon howled, the purpleish energy exploding from his hands, in yet another over-the-top display of power.

The titanic stones were soon gone, pulverized by Dragon Claw.

Trickles of dust rained down from above.

"T-Torn to shreds!" The announcer choked out. "Every attack Druddigon is putting out is insane, and Meloetta can't seem to keep up!"

"Meloetta, start the strategy from the prior match! We need to wear Druddigon down!" You couldn't keep playing defensively forever. Logic dictated that Druddigon likely had better endurance, due to the fact that all of his other physical characteristics were apparently laughably above Meloetta's own.

"Dru-" The opposing Pokémon's growl was cut off by a Psybeam suddenly drilling into his skull. "GON!" The Pokémon roared, tearing apart the stream of psychic energy with a swing of his arm, just in time to get slammed by a particularly nasty Hyper Voice, which had been powered up by Meloetta's already volatile emotional state.

Druddigon was sent tumbling face first into the debris resulting from his previous attacks. A charred and sharpened hunk of metal sunk into his mouth, jabbing into his gums as shockwaves rattled his body. With each consecutive burst of noise, the Pokémon was driven further and further into the fiery ruins. "RAAAAARGH." The Pokémon howled, but his cry was not one of pain. Rather, it was a shout of fury and contempt at the puny Pokémon which had avoided his clutches thus far.

"Druddigon. Focus." Iris's voice was as excited as ever, though the firmness in her tone went unnoticed by nobody. "We...We need to execute our own strategy!"

And what a strategy it was. Another Psybeam rained down from the skies, its brilliant purple aura shining against the fiery reds and oranges that painted the ground. With a trickle of blood falling from his open mouth, Druddigon whipped his head upwards to take the attack head on.

Psybeam struck true, and promptly broke upon impact. Amongst all of Druddigon's natural weapons, his head was perhaps one of his most dangerous. The red armor was as unbreakable as the earth itself, and the spikes that covered it were sharper than all but the finest of blades.

Red transformed into a flawless silver, and the toughness of rock was one upped by the unyielding might of tempered steel. Iron Head gleamed brilliantly, almost crystalline in its appearance. Druddigon swung his left arm outwards, and the extended limb soon erupted into a blaze of hungry fire. The right arm followed suit, though this time, said limb was wrapped in a mess of blinding lightning. Fire Punch and Thunder Punch howled in unison, sending streams of sparks towards the ground below. The Pokémon's tail whipped back and forth, bubbling with a toxic, purple substance that threatened to consume all in its path.

With Poison Tail active, every inch of Druddigon's body was now a devastating weapon, even more so than before. With a flap of his blue wings, the dragon type took to the skies with a speed unbecoming of his muscular form.

"Simultaneous execution of four separate moves, that isn't something you see every day." Elesa praised. "Though...that Thunder Punch is especially dazzling!"

"Hyper Voice! Then fall back!" You ordered. The sudden burst of savage music halted the incoming Poison Tail midair, sending splatters of corrosive toxins down towards the ground below.

Though Druddigon's attack was not yet finished. Meloetta shouted in a panic as an entire neighborhood's worth of electrical energy was detonated in the skies, sending blades of lightning ripping towards the walls of the arena. And unfortunately for your Pokémon-

-One of those thundering lances sunk into its target, singing Meloetta's skin and stunning it in place. "Now's your chance, Druddigon!" Iris shouted, taking advantage of the momentary opening.

"Uh-Oh! This is bad!" The announcer was practically bouncing in his seat now. Some people in the crowd had stood up, stomping and cheering in exhilaration. "This might be the end!"

Propelled by the Pokémon's thistle like wings, Iron Head was blasted forward with the force of a wrecking ball, hellbent on fixing Meloetta into a steely coffin. "Meloetta!" Desperation flooded your voice! "Pull through and move!" Fighting through its singed nerves and strained muscles, Meloetta shouted with determination as it spun over Druddigon's disastrous attack.

It was minor, so minor that you wouldn't have even been able to see the impact without the assistance of the screens atop the arena. For the slightest of seconds, Druddigon's Iron Head had collided with Meloetta's leg. That was all it took.

A deep thud reverberated through the stadium.

"O-Oh yeah, that's...that's definitely...that's not good." Your heart sank. Meloetta's leg had already swelled to half to its normal size, and the pain was apparent in the Pokémon's face. There was almost a part of you that wanted to call to fight, to end the pain that your Pokémon was enduring, but you rescinded that thought.

For beneath Meloetta's mask of fear lay the spirit of rigid determination. Shaky and scared, yes, but still willing to see it through. So you would do the same.

"Damn it all." You were outmatched, that much was apparent. However...such a situation was not new to you. The alpha Trevenant had been way beyond you, and you had countered that opponent by...

"Meloetta, keep moving with Quick Attack!" You shouted as a stream of hissing fire singed your Pokémon's skirt. "Then Psybeam! Aim for his fists!" You shouted, praying that your reckless plan would bear fruit.

Meloetta didn't need to told twice. The Pokémon zipped away, sending one last Psybeam roaring towards Druddigon's sparking fist. Now wholly pissed off, Druddigon recklessly brought down Thunder Punch to meet the beam of psychic energy, and Iris's warning cry was drowned out by the thundering explosion.

Druddigon roared as a torrent of electricity sent spasms throughout his body. "Oh, that's the spot!" The announcer cried. "It seems (y/n) is intent on using Druddigon's own power against him!"

"Dragon Tail! Close in!" Iris shouted. The viscous toxins of Poison Tail erupted into a cloud of purple smoke, replaced with that ever familiar purple whip Druddigon had used earlier. The elemental punches were also diffused, and in turn, the mass of steel atop the Pokémon's face twisted and deformed until it resembled the head of a morning star.

Tucking his head forward, the dragon type's tail was whipped against his body once more, and thus Druddigon ripped through the air like a battering ram, the air booming as the Pokémon began to spin like a sailing javelin.

"Dodge with Quick Attack!" You called. "Follow his movement, and wait until he stops!" Iris's eyes widened. After all, you had spent the entire match playing the distance game, and for good reason too.

Calling upon the supernatural speed of Quick Attack, Meloetta danced around Druddigon as he sped through the air. One misstep could have resulted in disaster, but Meloetta was able to dance across that fine line until Druddigon slid to a halt.

"Now! Form a Barrier around the two of you!" You thundered. "Then blast him with a Hyper Voice, full power!"

Meloetta dropped onto Druddigon's back, and the dragon type began to thrash wildly, flailing his jagged wings around with intent to pierce your Pokémon. "Get out of there with Dragon Tail!" Iris cried, her call muffled by the glowing bubble of psychic energy that surrounded the battling Pokémon. With its area of effect focused by the Psychic barrier, the following Hyper Voice was transformed into an attack even more deadly than before. Druddigon's very being seemed to bend and distort as an overload of noise flooded the compact area.

The purple shield exploded into countless glasslike shards, which reflected the glow of the arena's spotlights as they tumbled towards the ground. Within the falling light show was Druddigon, tumbling aimlessly downwards.

But just as it the dragon type was about to strike the ground-

-Another gust of wind was sent spiraling around the battlefield as Druddigon caught himself in midair. Growling, the furious dragon stared down the airborne Meloetta. "He shook that off too! What a beast!"

"Oh, now this is surprising." Burgh hummed in thought. "It appears that Druddigon's Iron Head had another purpose besides augmenting his physical defense. All of that steel type energy centered around his head...around his ears...is sure to dilute the power of any normal type moves, such as Meloetta's Hyper Voice. It appears Miss Shaga has done her due preparation for this battle. Now!" The man paused. "I wonder if Mr. (l/n) has something similar planned?"

As a matter of fact, you did. Well...sort of, it was more a theory, rather than any solid strategy. When you'd first spoken with Iris in that waiting room, she'd let a little tidbit slip, one that would have normally been useless to you. However, she had accidentally handed you a tool for her potential undoing. She'd mentioned that her teamwork with her Pokémon was very solid, unless...

Druddigon let loose a chain of furious growls, his eyes burning even more fiercely than the ground around him.

Unless of course, they were sufficiently pissed off. Thus, your plan was simple, if not highly dangerous. You'd have Meloetta do all it could to set off Druddigon, until he could no longer effectively respond to Iris's commands. From there, you'd wear him down little by little, until exhaustion did him in.

Was it a clean strategy? No.

Was it a little scummy? Perhaps, and that was a problem in and of itself.

You had a reputation to uphold, and though they were perfectly fair game, abusing sleep and confusion was a poor fit for the noble persona you'd been so graciously boxed into. Thus, you'd have to be careful to mix in these "cheap tactics" with more straightforward displays of power, so as not to make yourself appear overly reliant on them.

Wouldn't it be great if Meloetta had a way to stoke Druddigon's anger without relying on the more rudimentary tactics?

Luck for you, it did. Anger was certainly an emotion, and Meloetta's voice had the ability to manipulate those. To your average audience member, wielding a rare and unique ability like this would have seemed more skillful, or at least more interesting than resorting to the more common tactics in street battles.

With your plan in place, you gave Meloetta a silent nod, and the Pokémon began to sing.

Well, perhaps singing wasn't the best word. On the surface, the song was perfectly analogous to the usual beautiful melodies Meloetta produced. However, beneath the surface, something else was present, as if somebody played the sound of nails on a chalkboard beneath the world's most glorious symphony. Calling upon its inner strength, Meloetta began to shape a tune with the exact opposite properties of the one it had used to calm Trevenant.

Druddigon's face turned even redder than before, deep crimson stains working down the length of its body, until the entire of its skin was colored a deep and splotchy red. The Pokémon breaths became heavy, labored even, as Meloetta's song stoked a deep instinctual anger within the Pokémon.

"Uh-Oh." The announcer cried out. "It seems Druddigon has finally lost his temper! Will Iris be able to regain control?

The short answer. No. Druddigon wheeled around to face Meloetta, letting loose a furious howl that cracked the air itself. Meloetta stood not too far from
Druddigon. In fact, it was quite exposed out there, but it mattered not. For all Druddigon could see-

-was red. (No, not that Red) "Druddigon! Snap out of it!" Iris shouted, but the Pokémon was too pissed to listen.

Then Druddigon let loose. "Meloetta! Disappear and move!" You commanded, and not a second too early.

Druddigon brought down his foot, and what little was left of the arena was slowly blasted to smithereens as the Pokémon began furiously stamping his feet. Dust and molten goo rained down as the dragon type continued his rampage. Stomping Tantrum was one hell of move, especially if it's user had been sufficiently set off beforehand.

You couldn't see Meloetta anymore, which you supposed meant that it was out of harm's way. Well, either that, or it was lodged within the typhoon of rubble Druddigon was tossing around. You couldn't tell. Iris couldn't tell. Hell, even the announcer couldn't tell.

"Druddigon! H-Hold!" Iris shouted with a strength you'd never seen before, and Druddigon's motions began to slow as her shouts increased in volume.

Unfortunately, the dragon type was still very much furious, and all her shouting had done was allow Druddigon to better direct his anger. The Pokémon dug his hands into the ground, roaring as his muscles bulged and swelled. Iris's shouting continued. "Druddigon! That's enough, you-"

You know how when you make a bed, you sort of...flick out the sheet, so it falls flat evenly against the bed. Do you have that picture in mind?

Yeah, imagine that, but with dozens of tons of steel, instead of a fluffy bed sheet. A mighty *Crack* sounded, as Druddigon sent ripples across the ground, dislodging a portion of the arena loose from its supports below.

The movement of the arena almost resembled the waves of the ocean, which was quite fitting, given that Druddigon soon lifted a boat-sized hunk of metal from the arena's ground. "Raaaargh!" The Pokémon then whipped around the massive mound of metal, hellbent on smashing something with it.

That something was the ground, and the arena's wall, and just about everything that wasn't Meloetta. Each impact against the ground sent tremors throughout the stadium, drawing panicked cries from the spectators. "Damn, I feel that in my bones!" You stumbled slightly as Druddigon brought down his titanic bludgeon one last time, carving a miniature valley into the arena's floor.

The Pokémon's ferocious display of awesome power was one of the most impressive things you'd seen yet, but it was far from sustainable. Because above all else, anger was exhausting. "Meloetta, Sing!" You cried, and Meloetta's fateful lullaby answered you.

Druddigon fell to his knees a moment later, sinking into the melting floor. The effect was almost instantaneous. Trails of smoke billowed from his jaws, as deep snores racked his aching body. He didn't even have time to defend himself.

"Finish him!" You shouted. "Wake-Up Slap!" Then Hyper Voice!" Upon your command, Meloetta began bouncing across the air, its glowing hand dancing through the clouds of smoke and dust. Each second, it drew closer and closer to its prone target.

"Druddigon, wake up!" Iris pleaded, but her distant cries did nothing to rouse the slumbering dragon. Meloetta's hand erupted into a storm of fighting type energy, brimming with all the power and fury of a scorned mother.

"Things are looking bad for Druddigon!" The announcer cried as Meloetta fell towards its enemy. "And he's still sleeping on the job!"

Thanks to the Jumbotrons atop the arena, you were able to see the exact moment where Meloetta's attack made contact. Wake-Up Slap was brought down with concussive force comparable to a miniature bomb, its power multiplied to staggering levels by Druddigon's current status condition. Fighting type energy surged into Druddigon's skull, flooding his brain with adrenaline and panic.

Druddigon's eyes were practically ripped open as Meloetta rained down palm strikes on the Pokémon's exposed head and neck, sending chipped scales flying into the air.

Before the dragon type could gather his senses, Meloetta had flung its own bleeding and battered hands backwards, before launching an even more devastating attack.

The Hyper Voice kicked up a typhoon of harmonic destruction, warping and curving what was left of the arena. Metal was ripped through like paper, flung about in the maelstrom of sound directed onto Druddigon.

Within the arena came down a rain of fire and dust, and all was silent.

"Yeeeaaaah!" Somebody from the crowd shouted. He was not the only one.

Meloetta tilted its head back, stumbling backwards across the air. Your exhausted Pokémon turned its head down to look at its fallen foe, just before-

-Its vision was obscured by a three clawed hand.

Helplessness

With Meloetta still in his clutches, Druddigon rose from the ground, letting out a deep and grisly yawn. The dragon type's visage was chipped and bloodied, though he was far from unconscious.

Druddigon swung his neck to left, and *crack!* Then to the right. *crack!* Meloetta squirmed aimlessly in his hand, just as helplessness as you were.

"Druddigon!" Iris called. "Now! Don't-!" Druddigon began his attack before Iris could even begin her command. The Pokémon whipped Meloetta into the ground, burying it beneath a pile of debris. The dragon type then planted a foot atop its fallen foe, before the inside of his stomach began to glow a deathly bright orange. The glow traveled into his gaping jaws, which began to flicker and spark.

"Meloetta! Move!" You shouted in desperation, but it was for naught. Meloetta could no longer dodge, and the floodgates opened-

You could no longer see the battling Pokémon on the camera feeds, for they too were consumed by a river of searing fire.

Druddigon's beam of cracking heat glowed with all the fury of the sun, and that brightness never once diminished over the duration of the attack.

"Druddigon! Enough!" Iris commanded, and the river of heat slowed to a trickle.

When the Flamethrower was finished, so was the match.

Druddigon was still standing, with Meloetta was burnt and unconscious beneath his feet. It was...a little scary honestly. You knew that Meloetta was far from the strongest Pokémon out there, but seeing it completely helpless like this was a rude wake up call, to say the least.

"I-It's over!" The announcer choked out. "A brutal end to a fantastic battle!"

"R-Return." You called as the crowd began to applaud, and Meloetta disappeared back into the palm of your hand. Wrapping a hand over your microphone to muffle your voice, you spoke to Meloetta's Pokéball in a voice barely above a whisper. "Good work, you did great."

That was the truth, the battle was very much well fought. But you'd have to get stronger, no matter what. After all, within the later portions of the gym circuit...

Druddigon's strength would be nothing extraordinary.

...

"Don't worry Mr. (l/n), everything will be just fine." The Nurse Joy fiddled with some piece of complex machinery you couldn't recognize, before punching away a keyboard attached to the bulky metal structure. "Such injuries are nothing out of the norm, and your Meloetta will be ready to go by tomorrow morning."

You let out a sigh of relief, thumbing through the report the nurse had given you. The layout of the sheet was rather simple, likely to make it digestible for the relatively young trainers who often frequented the center.

————————————————————————

Patient No: 64800
Species: Meloetta
Trainer: (y/n) (l/n)

Injury Report:
2nd degree burns across torso and arms
Scattered 1st degree burns across face
Minor fracture and swelling in left leg
Severe exhaustion
Psychic Strain: type 1B

Additional Notes:
No long term or outstanding Injuries
Patient is stable, further care in the burn ward is strongly advised
Estimated Recovery time: 5 hours

————————————————————————

"So, are you absolutely sure you're feeling alright?" You asked, probably for the seventh or eighth time. Honestly, you'd long since lost count, and the question basically only served to interrupt the uncomfortable mood the burn unit presented. Massive machines droned on the background, their beeping producing a slow and weary rhythm. An Audino was running papers in and out the room like its life depended on it, only stopping to adjust the cute little nurse's cap atop its head.

Meloetta was not the only Pokémon left to nurse its wounds in the burn unit. Dozens of other Pokémon sat in their own beds, spanning the length of the room, with varying degrees of injury. Some were obviously more minor, like a sandile who'd seemingly tried to take a bite out of something fiery, and now sported charred skin atop its upper lip.

On the other hand, a Scizor of all things seemed to be in a near crippled state, the Pokémon covered in bandages as he lounged about. The trainer had told you that the bug type had picked a fight with a particularly ornery Magmortar, which went about just as well for Scizor as you'd expect. The Pokémon's entire outer shell had almost been entirely burnt off, leaving him virtually unable to even walk. The young trainer that owned the Pokémon was seemingly trying to get him to eat out of her hands, but the Pokémon was just turning his head away in embarrassment, batting her away with his injured claw.

Seeing Scizor really made you grateful for the restraint Iris and Druddigon had shown. Had they been willing, Meloetta certainly could've ended up in a similar state to poor Scizor over there.

"Me-Lo! Me-" The Pokémon tried to pump its fist in the air, but winced in pain as it tugged on its burns.

"So that's a no, Huh?" You gently patted Meloetta atop its head, carefully navigating over the charred skin that had caked over the Pokémon's forehead. "I'm just glad you're doing alright. Things got really nasty at the end, Huh? I knew Iris was strong, but to be packing that kind of power already..."

"Me-Lo-Ta." The Pokémon placed its hands atop your own, before looking down in embarrassment. Meloetta then sank beneath the sheets that covered its lower body, seemingly trying to avoid your line of sight.

"Hm, of course I'm not upset. Considering how new we are to all of this, I'd say we ended up doing pretty well."
You sighed. "We'll just have to get better, and try again. We have our whole lives ahead of us, after all..." You weren't blustering just to reassure Meloetta either, you genuinely meant what you were saying. You went into the tournament seeking out intense battles, and got just that. Besides, Life offered no participation trophies, but you supposed that experience was more valuable than a hunk of cheap plastic destined to rot in somebody's attic anyways.

"Oh, and sorry if my strategy at the end sort of backfired there." You bowed your head to the Pokémon. "I wasn't thinking properly, and that's on me. If I'd known the extent of Druddigon's strength, then I'd have avoided pissing him off."

"Me-Ta." The Pokémon chided you.

"I know, but it's still dangerous." You explained. "Even if you are fine with it, we should still-"

"Mr. (l/n)." Nurse Joy gave a small bow as she approached you. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but we're going to need to return Meloetta to its Pokéball in order to complete the procedure. It'll be in the back for a few hours."

"Understood, we're happy to...Meloetta?"You tried to pull your hand away, but Meloetta just held on tighter.

You sighed, before gently trying to nudge your hand from beneath Meloetta's hands, but the Pokémon's grip held firm: "...Me-Ta."

"Easy now. Meloetta...I know this stinks, but it's for your own benefit." You softly chided the Pokémon. "Injuries left untreated will turn into something worse, and that isn't good for anybody."

"Me-Meloetta..." The Pokémon gripped your hand tighter, clear worry on its face.

"I can look after myself, you know." You chuckled. "After all, I've been doing just that for most of my life. Besides, it's only a few hours, I promise I'll be waiting for you once you come back."

"Loooo-" The Pokémon lowered its arms away from your hand, before crossing them in what was a clear attempt at a pout. Honestly, both of your Pokémon were just too adorable. Heavens forbid you ever enter a Pokémon contest, lest the other contests be at a severe disadvantage from the get-go.

"C'mon...I promise, and...I'll even bring you something nice, to really sweeten the deal!" Eventually, your little bargain won out, and Meloetta opted to return to its Pokéball, though not before giving your hand one last hug.

The smell of chemicals dissipated as you made your way out of the burn unit, replaced with the scent of fresh baked cookies, originating from a nearby shop. "Perhaps that's what I'll get for Meloetta, provided it's still open when I return." It was getting quite late, after all. The skies had long since darkened, and several of the smaller shops in the Pokémon center had also closed for the night. However, as you rushed to get some fresh air, one television screen in the lobby briefly caught your eyes. The screen was displaying the tail end of your post-loss interview, which you'd frantically completed in your rush out of the stadium.

"Actually, I'm planning to head to Sinnoh for...personal reasons." You'd muttered as you hurried down the crowded streets. "Once the league year is complete, I'll return here."

"Oh!" One of the reporters had jabbed her microphone in your face. "Are you worried that Unova's trainers won't be tough enough for you to handle? Do you plan on overthrowing the Sinnoh League?"

You shook your head. "When did I say...anything along those lines? Do they think I'm some sort of conqueror or something? Crazy reporters, I swear." Thankfully, discussion of your future plans had derailed any harsh questions about your match against Iris, which was honestly expected. One of Unova's newest and most promising trainers immediately jumping ship to one of the most brutally competitive regions was sure to raise a few eyebrows.

Eyebrows which you much very preferred when they were directed at other trainers. Sighing, you pushed open the doors of the Pokémon center, only to be greeted with a rush of snowflakes that stung your ears and nose.

"Oh, isn't that nice...Actually!" Reaching towards your belt, you unclamped Larvesta's Pokéball, and the confused Pokémon sat in your arms not a moment later. That confusion was only increased when Larvesta looked towards the odd precipitation falling from the sky.

"Snow." You brushed aside the Pokémon's fur. "It falls like rain, but obviously isn't as wet." Larvesta squeaked as she wagged her foot towards a falling snowflake, only for it to melt as soon as it touched her limb.

Larvesta grunted, the fire type looking towards you for an explanation. "It melts when it touches you. Our bodies are naturally warm, after all." You explained, making your way into a small park adjacent to the Pokémon center. The place was rather vacant at this hour. Even the flocks of Pidove that seemed to inhabit every inch of the city were gone, likely having seeken out refuge from the snowstorm. "Here, how about...oh, look at that." You lowered Larvesta to the ground, where she rushed towards the object that had just caught your interest.

Somebody had built a snowman at the edge of the street. The three spherical balls of snow towered over Larvesta, and dozens of sticks had been placed atop the head, likely to symbolize hair. Larvesta let out a series of low grunts as she prodded at the little sculpture with one of her free legs.

"Hm...that's not a Pokémon." You explained. "It's a...sculpture of sorts. We can even make one too, we've just got to collect a few materials first."

Larvesta sneezed, before letting loose a small burst of fire that turned the little snowman into a sizzling puddle. The flames traveled until they made contact with the base of a nearby tree, singing the bark and erupting into a wave of smoke.

Larvesta prodded the former snow sculpture, before turning her head down with a disappointed squeak. "Oops, there goes Frosty." You sighed. "At least the tree isn't on fire."

"H-Hey!" You heard a voice shout from behind you. "You there!"

"S-Shit!" You muttered, before spinning around to greet your unexpected guest. "That was-Uh-like that when I got here!"

"No-No!" The girl was likely not much older than you were, with short cut pink hair that framed her face quite nicely. She fumbled as she skidded to a stop, panting heavily. "M-My brother's Psyduck just wandered off, and we can't seem to find him!"

Damnit, of course. There goes your relaxation time. Whatever, this was obviously more important. "Just now?" You questioned.

"Y-Yes! We were out playing in the snow, and he just went and disappeared. I mean, he does it sometimes when he has headaches, and I think he might've had one then, he wasn't eating properly after all. I think that's abnormal, but I'm not sure, and oh! No, I-" The girl took a deep breath, cutting off her frantic speech. "Do you have a phone or something that I could use?"

"Yeah, give me a minute." You unclipped your Xtransciever from your wrist, handing it to the girl. "Call the local authorities, you'll be able to describe the Pokémon better. While you're doing that, I'll go ahead and check the local area."

Psyduck were a species infamous for the terrible headaches they suffered. Due to the extreme pain of the events, the Pokémon were often left dazed, acting irrationally and dangerously. It wouldn't do at all to just let a Pokémon suffer like that. "Alright...Larvesta!" The Pokémon looked up from the pile of steaming water she'd just dunked herself in. "You up for a little adventure, we're chasing after a lost Pokémon!"

The Pokémon squeaked nonchalantly as it ran into your arms. You looked back at the girl from before, who was frantically mumbling something indistinguishable into your phone. "Meet me back here. I can't afford a replacement for that, you know!" You shouted, before taking off, with Larvesta in tow.

...

Since the beginning of history, there have been a number of questions that have baffled humanity. Some have been answered as time and civilization have advanced, but others have remained a mystery. What is the meaning of life? Why is it called Focus Blast when it misses so often? But now, a new question was thrown into the mix.

"If I were a Psyduck, where would I go?" Perhaps you'd lodge yourself inconveniently in the middle of some road, waiting for a cure to your chronic headache. Jokes aside, a solution came to you rather quickly. "The water!"

Psyduck were solely water type Pokémon, after all. Which brought you closer to the edge of the city, traversing the boardwalks that sat away from the more developed portions of the town. Several market stalls sat on the edges of the street, some left abandoned and vacant, whereas others trucked on into the night, preparing meals and services for their sleep deprived customers.

You'd taken a few moments to ask the store owners about the missing Pokémon, but had only been met with irritated glares and unhelpful shrugs. That was until...

"A Psyduck." The man flipping burgers scratched his beard. "Yeah, I could've sworn I saw one wander past here about fifteen or so minutes ago. Why do you ask?"

"It's a missing Pokémon." You replied, adjusting Larvesta in your arms. "Not mine. I'm just helping out."

"Ain't that nice." He dropped a few burgers upon the griddle in front of him, the chunks of unknown meat sizzling upon contact. "Anyways, the Pokémon went towards the warehouses down the street. I went and figured he was just a wild Pokémon, but I guess that isn't the case."

"Thanks." You gave the man a small nod. "I'll go ahead and check it out."

"Keep safe out there!" The delightful aromas of fresh cooked street food grew weaker and weaker as you made your way towards the cluster of buildings. Larvesta let out a curious squeak, gazing towards something in the darkness, and only then did you realize how quiet it had become.

"Ah shit. What am I doing?" You reflexively took a few steps back towards the lighter portion of the city. "I'm seriously gonna go and get myself killed out here."

Just then, a low *thump* echoed from one of the nearest buildings, followed by a chorus of panicked quacks. "Psy!" "Psy!" The voice honked, followed by the sound of clattering metal.

"Of course!" You grit your teeth together. Brushing the snow off the top of your hair, you dashed across the street, over to the cold and dark building. From within the darkness of a nearby alley...

Stared a pair of glowing yellow eyes. Once more, you were staring down a Pawniard. The dark type focused its sights on you, its metal armor gleaming even more fiercely than the snow atop the nearby ground.

Your ears began ringing as you recalled the previous encounter. "Well, guess local Pokémon control couldn't get the job done on these guys, even after I called them and told them about the other incident." The realization that Pawniard were still around brought about different questions.

If these guys were so hard to find, then why hadn't they been caught yet? Were they accepted as part of the city's natural ecosystem? Was this guy one of the same Pawniard from the other time?

Regardless, the Psyduck was also indeed there, clinging to a small cut atop its face. The moment Pawniard was distracted, Psyduck took off again, wildy honking as it ran into the darkness of the warehouse.

The Pawniard stepped back, hissing furiously, before lashing its arms together with unexpected speed. *clang* A metal hum pounded through the snowy night.

"Is it...trying to intimidate me?" If it was, then it was doing a shitty job. However, that didn't stop you from slowly backing up towards the entrance of the alleyway. You knew how dangerous these things could be, and you certainly weren't willing to lose a few fingers to the dark type.

*clang* *clang* *clang* The Pawniard continued to drum its arms together, the sounds growing louder and louder until-

*clang!* Another sound echoed from an adjacent alleyway, and with that, your heart was filled with dread.

"No....shit, it's calling for backup!" Those rings were a form of communication, and like hell you were sticking around for the Pokémon's friend to come running. "Time to bail!"

Larvesta squeaked in surprise as you shoved her underneath your jacket, before abandoning the Pawniard to continue its one man music show.

You didn't make it far, not before another Pawniard lunged at you from the darkness. The dark type was fast too, and had you not been on high alert, it could have easily torn your face wide open. The Pokémon flew passed you, skidding across the ground and foiling your escape back into the city.

"Why? Won't. You. Bastards. Just. Piss. Off." You spun around, ducking into the nearest warehouse, before making a beeline towards the rows of shelving within. Larvesta wailed in surprise, squirming in your arms as a result of the sudden movements.

You didn't have time to comfort it, not when the clattering of metal behind you signaled Pawniard in hot pursuit. "This place is like a damned labyrinth!" You took off into the darkness, abandoning all reason in the face of blind fear.

*clank* *clank* Another pair of footsteps joined the fray. From the shadows, another tin soldier lunged. Grabbing the edge of a nearby wooden pallet, you flung it to the ground. A furious hiss ripped through air as the pursuing Pokémon was taken down by a mess of timber and splinters.

But when the Pawniard fell, it was replaced by two more. They came from unknown places, swarming like insects whose nest had just been kicked. A purplish blade whizzed past your head, knocking loose another Pallet which sat higher up on the shelves.

"P-Pawn!" One of the pursuing Pokémon screeched as several hundred pounds of merchandise was promptly dropped atop its head.

You didn't stop to check how many were still pursuing you, still continuing with your mad dash through the warehouse. "C'mon now! Somebody had to have heard that one!" You fumbled with Larvesta's Pokéball as you ran. Your Pokémon seemed quite panicked now, and the last thing you wanted was for her to get caught up in another one of those purple blades the Pawniard were now flinging about. Like clockwork, another one lit up in the air as it sailed overhead.

A loud *BOOM* sounded from the other end of the warehouse, courtesy of that energy blade. Your legs began to burn as you sprinted around machinery. "Really now! Where's the stupid button on this thing?" Your palms, coated in sweat, found the front of the Pokéball, and then-

You dropped it, like an idiot. Larvesta's Pokéball was gone, sent rolling into the darkest corners of the desolate metal building.

The bug type fell silent as you continued to run. Perhaps deep down, she too realized the gravity of the situation.

The Pawniard continued their pursuit. You were losing ground each second, and the number of footsteps was ever growing. The place was pitch black, and should you find yourself turning into a dead end...

Well, the implications went unsaid. As you dove around a dilapted forklift, you were greeted with-

"Light!" Exiting the warehouse left you facing a concrete dock, which jutted around towards the turbulent bay. Frothy water occasionally erupted over the sides of the structure, drenching the edges of the pier in frigid water.

There was no other way to go. You frantically spun your head back and forth, contemplating your options. Running down the pier would take you into a dangerous dead end. Though you couldn't determine exactly what was down there, for the edge of the dock was obscured by the typhoon of snow, which was growing stronger and stronger by the second.

The hissing and thumping of dozens of feet from behind made the decision for you, and you took off towards the whirlwind of ice crystals, never once looking back.

Larvesta whimpered into your torso as the bleeding cold stung her exposed body.

You redoubled your efforts, praying for any form of shelter at the end of the pier.

Your prayers went ignored.

You were surrounded by water on three sides, and a horde of angry Pokémon on the other. It really was a dead end. The pier was virtually empty, too, besides a pile of wooden crates that sat unused at the edge. "H-Hide!" You hissed, shoving Larvesta behind crates.

The metallic stomps of the Pawniard troupe grew closer and closer.

You then threw your jacket over Larvesta, hoping that it would do something to shield her from the divine snowstorm you'd been caught in. "A-And no matter what, stay put! Don't come out for anything!" Larvesta blinked slowly at your shaky instructions. You didn't know if she understood you, but-

*Hisssssss!* The scraping of metal against concrete cut through the crashing of the waves.

Your time was up, you'd been found out.

The Pawniard had formed an impenetrable wall of steel about halfway down the pier. There had to be at least two dozen of them, lined up like legionnaires. The Pokémon stood silently, their yellow eyes following you as you took a few paces towards them.

"H-Hey! Get lost! T-The police are already on their way." You shouted. That was a lie of course, but regardless...it did nothing to deter the line of Pokémon, who remained ever silent.

A particularly nasty wave crashed against the pier, sending droplets of water clattering against the Pokémon's armor. You stood at a standstill for a moment, until the Pawniard suddenly broke their line, forming an empty path down the center of their formation.

It was not for you.

"Of course. When there's smoke, there's fire." You frowned. "And where there's Pawniard, surely..."

Raspy breaths echoed from the distance, and from within the raging snowstorm...one more figure emerged. It was far taller than the rest, and the shadow it cast was far more menacing.

It marched through the Pawniard troupe, staring you down with inky black eyes.

"What the hell...is that thing?" The Bisharp was utterly repulsive, sickening. You could have spent hours listing adjectives and superlatives to describe the Pokémon, but no words could give justice to the...thing that stood in front of you.

Every inch of the Bisharp, from the axelike blade atop its head, down to its sharpened toes were rusted and decrepit. Once polished blades had been withered to sorry chunks of scrap, hardly fit for recreational use, much less combat. Clumps of some...unknown substance clung to every inch of the Pokémon's body, making it appear diseased and unclean.

Each lumbering step was accompanied with short and raspy breaths that rattled the Pokémon's monstrous body. And the smell, oh god the smell...the thing reeked. Realization came onto you as the fetid combination of blood and sewage stung your eyes and nose. Your mind had already mostly assembled the puzzle, and the picture was all but perfectly clear, but this...this was the final piece.

It was the same smell from Skyarrow bridge.

The same bridge where somebody had been attacked.

The metal rings, the awful stench...This was it.

Here was your culprit.

"I-It was y-you!" You choked out, fear and surprise twisting your words into a shaky mess. "You...You've been responsible for these attacks!"

"Sharp." The Pokémon rasped as it came to a stop in front of the crowd of Pawniard, obviously unimpressed at your deduction skills.

"Well then...what...what do you want from me?" You asked, trying to stall for time. The monstrous Pokémon obviously didn't look like much of a conversationalist, but it had to have some level of charisma in order to lead the pack of Pawniard. Well...either that, or it was just leading by sheer strength.

You shook your head. Regardless, even if you couldn't call for help without your Xtransciever, your sprint through the warehouse was everything but silent. All of that noise had to have alerted somebody. "Y-You look...quite beat up, are you looking for medicine...or some way to h-heal, perhaps?"

"Sharp." The Pokémon stated simply, before taking an indiscriminate swipe at the concrete ground of the pier beneath you.

The ground shook, and within an instant, you were standing upon a concrete island. The center of the pier had been cleanly sliced through from edge to edge in a shower of debris, now sporting a dark chasm that had to be a good foot or so across. Water from the surrounding bay rushed into the new opening, sending gales of mist splashing across the ground.

You gulped at the obvious threat. "So...why are you..." You tried to reason with the Pokémon once more, but it seemed talking was a fool's errand. Bisharp leapt across the freshly cut chasm, its ironclad feet scraping across the ground as the dark type skidded to a stop.

Bisharp's motives were clear. It was the hunter...and that meant you and Larvesta were its prey. It wanted you dead, and nothing would deter it from that goal.

"Looks like talking isn't going to take us anywhere, and..." You scanned the waters, but the only nearby sign of life was the Pawniard currently lining up along the other side of the crevice. The lights of boats flickered out in the distance, but there was no chance they could've made it to you in time, even if they heard your shouts. Speaking of the bay...it was especially turbulent today. Even if you could survive the current, the frigid waters would have likely been a death sentence, especially to poor Larvesta.

"Nowhere to run, and it seems that help isn't coming anytime soon." Only one thing stood between Bisharp and Larvesta, which meant..."So... guess that means we fight...or I fight." You dusted the snow off of the front of your shirt. "Shit."

Chunks of foul rot tumbled off of Bisharp's hand as it morphed into a claw of shining metal. The Pokémon's eyes flickered in amusement as a series of jagged spikes erupted from its forearm, the Pokémon's Metal Claw just as twisted and deformed as the rest of its body. It seems that your method of execution had already been decided.

You raised your shaky fists in front you. You weren't much of a fighter, but even if you were a martial artist or something...it wouldn't have even mattered. If Bisharp could slice through a concrete pier, then what was flesh and bone but a lesser obstacle to its ultimate goal. When your fists of flesh clashed against its fists of steel, there would only be one realistic outcome.

One step. Bisharp began pacing, eyes locked onto yours as it circled the center of the concrete pier. The sounds of the furious bay were drowned out by the pounding of your own heart.

Two steps. You mimicked Bisharp's actions, staring down Bisharp as you hoped, prayed that somebody or something would intervene.

Three steps. Bisharp then pulled Metal Claw towards its chest, the attack glowing with even greater power than before. The Pokémon was directly in front of Larvesta's hiding spot now. Had it turned slightly left, she would've been in plain sight.

Four steps. The snowfall intensified once more, bringing with it a furious gale of wind that sent a wave of frigid water erupting over the side of the docks. And when those droplets of water rained down...

Five ste-Bisharp lunged. Dodding was an impossibility, for Bisharp was just too fast. In that moment, you clenched your fists in front of you, preparing for the inevitable.

And thus, if that was the fate that you sought...

Bisharp swiped sideways, bringing your complete and utter destruction.

Death

You'd faced...many obstacles since you'd first landed in the world of Pokémon. It was kind of ridiculous in restrospect. Every corner you turned, there seemed to be some type of nerve wracking or life threatening danger rearing its ugly head. But despite the misfortune of finding yourself in these scenarios to begin with...in a certain way, you were very lucky. Every time a near death encounter had presented itself, you'd narrowly escaped by the skin of your teeth with very little injury to spare.

From Pinsir in the forest...to the furious Clawitzer on those rocky shores...to the Trevenant that threatened the sanctity of an entire town...

Each encounter was more dangerous than the last, and while quick thinking had played a role in your survival, luck reigned supreme above all other factors. Each time, luck had bailed you out before any serious injury could befall you.

Today, that luck ran dry.

You felt...nothing at first, only a growing numbness around your stomach. The kind of numbness you'd feel when an arm or leg fell asleep, just deeper and more gripping. You forced your eyes down, before gazing down at your torso.

The lower half of your body began to feel startlingly warm, almost like you'd just taken a dip into a bathtub. You gently patted your stomach with a shaking hand, only for it to come back a deep, crimson red. That was when the searing pain begun.

You tried to cry out, to scream, but only a gasp escaped your mouth. Then you collapsed like a doll with its strings cut, shuddering as you collapsed on the ground.

The pain was indescribable...it faded in and out, but never once left with enough time to gather yourself. It didn't hurt like any injury you'd ever had before, for no other injury had consumed your being so deeply. In a way, it was like a very small child experiencing severe pain for the first time. They couldn't exactly explain what was happening to them, but that awful feeling compelled them regardless. Everything was burning, and all you knew was that it was terrible, that you could do nothing to stop it.

So...instead you just stayed there, huddled against the cold concrete ground, choking through shallow breaths, and trying desperately not to vomit everywhere.

You didn't know how deep the wound was.

You couldn't tell exactly where the wound was.

All you knew, is that you were going to die.

That thought raced through your mind over and over as blood continued to pool at your side, staining the ground an ugly red.

*clank* *clank* Bisharp's lanky limbs were now drawing closer and closer each second, and you couldn't even move away.

You'd once read something about people becoming more religious in their old age, when the looming specter of death was much more apparent. "H-Hey Arceus, you think you could..." Your delirious musings were cut off by the sound of stubby limbs against concrete ground. A sea of glowing eyes stared past you, which meant that they were looking at...

"Oh-no."

If there was one saving grace in this situation, it was that Larvesta was presumably safe and hidden.

But no longer...

The bug type whimpered, curiously skittering towards your fallen form from around the boxes she had previously taken refuge behind.

She never made it.

"N-No!" For a brief instant, the ruthless pain rescinded in favor of sobering fear. Your voice cracked in panic as you shouted at nobody in particular. "G-Get away!" A shadow fell over Larvesta's form.

Stopping in confusion, the bug type slowly wheeled her head around, only to bet with a pair of black soulless pits inches away from her own. The blade that sat atop Bisharp's head swung dangerously close to Larvesta, and a few clumps of white fuzz were hacked away from the Pokémon's body.

Larvesta squeaked, clinging helplessly to the ground as a single warped hand took hold of the fur around her neck, staining her body with flecks of rust. Bisharp then tugged, and Larvesta's fragile hold was broken as the tiny Pokémon was ripped from the ground.

"D-Drop her you sorry-" You choked out as Larvesta was lifted in the air, dangling like a used washcloth. The Pawniard gazed carelessly from down the pier, obviously used to the display of sadism and cruelty before them.

"Or you'll what?" The Bisharp seemed to say as a small hiss escaped its throat.

Would you throw another punch that would yield no results? Would you call for help like a scared child? You didn't have fists that break iron. You could not bend nature with a mere thought. If you acted rashly, it would only set Bisharp off, putting Larvesta directly into the ensuing warpath.

No, you were just as helpless as you were back in the woods. Just as you were now. This was truly...an unwinnable situation.

"Sssssh-Sharp?" The Pokémon's hissed once more, before loosening its grip. Larvesta hit the ground with an abrupt squeak of pain, her legs kicking aimlessly towards the falling snow.

"L-Lar-Ves..." The fire type hacked, before steadying herself. You extended a shaky and bloodied hand towards your Pokémon, who began rushing towards you, her blue eyes watery and shaky.

So far, Larvesta has lived a pleasant life, you'd done your best to ensure that. When she hungered, plentiful food was available to satiate her growling stomach. When she demanded attention, you or Meloetta there to give it in spades. When she sought rest, she could happily fall into dreamland, ignorant of the things that go bump in the night.

Her view of the world was an innocent and peaceful one. In her eyes, there existed nothing willing to do her harm, and even if something out there did have ill will, then she would receive protection, just as she had received everything else.

She had never known true fear, and was thus free of the shackles that emotion brought.

*Crack!* The ground was torn to shreds as a rusted foot was sent into solid concrete, cutting off Larvesta's escape with casual ease.

On this night, that innocent world view was broken.

Fear

For the first time in her life, Larvesta was truly afraid.

She sought refuge in your arms, but that safety was torn away from her once more. Bisharp's twisted hand gripped one of the horns atop her head, before Larvesta was forcefully yanked away from her sanctuary.

The dark type let out a wheezing cackle as the young Pokémon wailed in fear. "Vest-a! Vest-a!" You pushed on the ground, pushed until sweat flooded down your face and pain wreaked havoc on your torso.

"If I could just...muster up a bit more strength...I could buy...a bit of time." You clenched your teeth as you pushed yourself off of the cold ground, your soaked shirt sticking to the pavement.

Your determination did not last long.

Hope was dashed, silenced by the wound that threatened to tear you in half.

It was no use, you couldn't move. Your body was under too much stress, and adrenaline couldn't compensate for that. "...Sorry Everybody, looks like I'm going to be leaving some incomplete promises behind..." You felt your body's energy finally begin to wane, wilting under blistering cold and furious pain. "N-No...wait...Wait!" Screw cursing your helplessness! If you were to die here afraid, then the very least you could do...was make sure Larvesta didn't feel the same way.

"L-Larvesta...Hey! Look at me." You choked out. The Pokémon ceased her squirming, hope in her eyes. Bisharp ceased its laughter, equally curious as to what you were going to say. "Don't be worried. J-Just focus on me, and it'll be...alright."

Bisharp snorted, unimpressed at your useless blustering, before taking hold of another one of Larvesta's horns with its free hand. It seems the dark type was entirely unconvinced, though that was to be expected. After only, there existed only two living things with enough faith in you to believe such a crappy speech.

"...Ves-Ta?" Larvesta squeaked, seemingly trying to run on the air towards you.

You tried to smile back, you really did. "Y'know, Even from down here, she looks so tiny..."

With one last cackle Bisharp began to pull on her horn, intent on snapping the appendage off. It was in that moment, when said horn began to glow a fiery red, until it looked like Bisharp was holding a miniature sun in its hand.

*Hissssss* The darkness of the pier waned under the ensuing jets of flame. It was not an angry fire bent on causing destruction. One could have compared it more to the glow of a hearth, its flame comforting and mellow.

That made it no less deadly. Tongues of flame raced across Bisharp's arm, the liquid fire threatening to chew through its metal limb. "Bi-Sharp!" The steel type roared in surprise, wildly patting its arm to extinguish the crippling heat.

Though however valiant Larvesta's effort was, it fell ultimately short.

The flames were extinguished as quickly as they were ignited, and cold flooded the area once more.

Bisharp's arms began to shake as it stared down at the feeble Pokémon before it. "SHAAAAARP." Larvesta shook in fear under the dark type's fury. Still trembling with unkempt rage, Bisharp flung Larvesta towards the ground, and Larvesta squeaked in pain as she skidded across the concrete, splashing through puddles of frigid water.

"You son of a-" You grit your teeth as Larvesta came to a stop in front of the crowd of Pawniard. Some of the Pokémon took the opportunity to leap over the crack in the pier and surround Larvesta, their bodies creating a metal cage around trapped Pokémon. "Get away fro-" Another jolt of pain silenced your feeble shout, sending you gasping for air. Not that it mattered anyway, for Bisharp's anger was now directed at a new target.

"Sharp!" The Bisharp growled, trickles of black fluid leaking from the corners of its mouth.

One step.

Two steps.

Three steps...

The Pawniard fell back, the clinking and clashing of their bodies creating a cacophony of noise as their leader approached. Any trace of former amusement was long gone, replaced with a cold anger that intensified with each step Bisharp took towards the fallen Larvesta. The dark type's footsteps echoed across the bay, their sound almost reminiscent of active machinery.

As Bisharp came to a stop in front of the bug type, its arm began to bubble over into a storm of hostile liquid. Purple toxins bled from its body, turning the concrete beneath it into a puddle of sizzling mush. Larvesta shakily stood once more, and another splash of liquid death sent her rolling backwards with a terrified squeak. "Its...Its going to kill her with poison!" Realization and fear gripped your heart, fear for the Pokémon that deserved absolutely none of this. You opened your mouth to cry out, but even that was now impossible.

Rolling onto your side, all you could do was watch as Bisharp's arm bubbled over, hissing with rot and death. The Pawniard stood behind the fallen Larvesta, silent and motionless. As was in the nature of their species, the Pawniard bowed their heads to their leader as it raised Poison Jab towards the heavens. That was, Except for one...

Before it had executed your Pokémon, Bisharp had sent you one last glance. What purpose the stare served, you were unsure. Perhaps it was only to mock you, to laugh at you in the moment of your greatest failure. On the other hand, perhaps it was a safety measure, in case you had decided to pull any funny business at the last possible minute.

Regardless of your reasoning, Bisharp halted its attack once it had briefly turned to glimpse something in your line of sight. The blade of poison was instantly extinguished, and a bout of sudden clarity seemed to have won out over the surge of bloodlust that had gripped Bisharp the moment prior. "Sharp. Bi-Sharp. Shar." The Pokémon hissed, stamping its foot against the ground.

A sea of scraping and hisses answered Bisharp's call. From within the group of Pawniard, a Pokémon was kicked away from the sea of dark types, its body striking the ground with a metallic crash.

It was a Pawniard. A vaguely familiar one, no less. Despite the numerous cracks and bruises that had spread along its body, the Pokémon was nigh indistinguishable amongst its sea of brethren. Of course, was it not for its eyes...

Or rather, eye.

Perhaps it was just the darkness now gripping your vision playing tricks on you, but you could've sworn Bisharp's face twisted into a deformed smile. "Sharp!" The dark type ordered.

"Pawn?" The smaller Pokémon crossed its arms together as it stepped forward. Snow had begun to accumulate atop its battered helmet, and small flakes tumbled off with each movement the Pokémon made.

The elder Pokémon hissed incredulously, "Bi-Bisharp!" A rotted hand slammed into the ground next to Larvesta, who once again whimpered in fear. "Sharp!"

The Pawniard stood there for a minute, before turning towards Larvesta. From there, it began occasionally brushing away the snowflakes that had begun sticking to Larvesta's fur, seemingly appraising the Pokémon, like she were...a cut of meat, or something.

"Bi-Sharp!" The taller dark type nudged its subordinate with a foot, obviously fed up with the pointless stalling. "Sharp. Bi-Sharp!" The Pokémon then gestured to the sea of Pawniard, who erupted into a series of hisses that seemed almost...encouraging.

"P-Pawn. Pawn!" The Pokémon spoke as it nodded along, patting Larvesta's head with the blunt edge of its blade. After one last glance to you, Larvesta squeezed her eyes shut, pushing her body up against the frigid ground.

Bisharp lowered its head, peering over Pawniard's shoulder. "Sh-Sharp." Using one of its own withered hands...

The steel type raised Pawniard's blade until it sat directly atop Larvesta's head. Slowly, with the aid of Bisharp, Pawniard's blade began to rise.

The junior steel type's blades hand swirled with a dark energy as it was brought upwards like the blade of a guillotine. "D-Don't..." You forced your burning throat to speak, and Pawniard's gaze met your own. There was not a single trace of conflict in that yellow eye. Pawniard's determination was absolute. Neither you nor Larvesta had a prayer.

The shadowy knife was now drenched with darkness, burning with a desire for bloodshed.

The other Dark types hissed in delight, eager for the ensuing meal.

Then Pawniard's arm whipped around, stabbing Bisharp in the throat. It struck at a weak spot in the deformed metal, and Pawniard's knifelike hand disappeared deep into its seniors neck.

The world seemed to stand still for a minute. Snow swirled around the assembled Pokémon, before the flakes tumbled into the swirling bay below. In the far distance, the sounds of city life droned on, Castleia's citizens blissfully unaware as to the current happenings on the outskirts of their city. Bisharp reached a shaky hand to its throat, as if to check if Pawniard's alleged betrayal was really happening. Judging by the dark fluid now leaking from Bisharp's throat, it certainly was.
The other Pawniard were deathly silent, likely even more taken aback then you were.

The spell was broken when Pawniard sent another one of its blades screeching for Bisharp's left eye.

"Bi-Sharp!" The elder dark type snatched its attacker midair, ending the follow up attack before it had even started. Pawniard's metal helm then began to bend and deform as Bisharp squeezed down with the power of a hydraulic press.

"P-Pawn!" The younger Pokémon cried out, aimlessly swinging its arms around in a vain attempt to dissuade Bisharp. The taller Pokémon countered its offensive by squeezing even harder.

It was at that moment that Larvesta decided to make another break towards you. Her running was lopsided and unsteady, likely due to some unknown injury. "N-No. Don't run towards me! Run away!" You silently pleaded with the Pokémon, completely unable to speak.

But if anything, your pleading look only made Larvesta move faster. "P-Pawn!" "Pawniard." Shouts sounded from the pack of ironclad Pokémon, before some of the bolder members took after Larvesta.

Bisharp whipped its head around in response to the sudden burst of noise, before kicking the troupe of Pawniard aside with a glowing limb. The Pokémon were scattered like bowlings pins, flying dozens of feet through the air. Some were launched back across the length of the pier, whereas others were carelessly tossed into the bay below. There was no sound from the Pawniard after they hit the water. A series of faint splashes echoed, before the Pokémon went silent entirely.

A faint *crack* reverberated from the head of the one-eyed Pawniard, before the unmoving Pokémon was tossed towards the panicking Larvesta.

The steel type's body bounced, colliding with the fire type and sending the pair of Pokémon sprawling. Without a moment's hesitation, Bisharp then dove after Larvesta. The dark type bounded forward on all fours, though its movements were nowhere near as animalistic as the gurgling hisses that poured out of its throat.

*Fwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing* This time, Bisharp was sent tumbling sideways, courtesy of the massive harpoon now lodged in its head. "Got ya, ye sorry son of a bitch!" Uncle Huey was running up the length of the pier, leaping over the fallen Pawniard that littered the ground. The man then whipped something over his shoulder, before the singing of metal echoed through the pier once more.

This harpoon did not meet its mark, and soon found itself in the Bisharp's hand, having been cleanly plucked out of the air. The dark type then spun the weapon around, before returning the weapon to its sender with even greater power than before.

Now Infused with dark type energy, the harpoon became an arrow of shadow. As it raced down down the pier, the top of the ground beneath it was peeled away, layers of stone disappearing into the projectile's shadowy aura.

In a remarkable display of athleticism, Uncle Huey dove to the side of the pier, smashing against the ground as Bisharp's attack sailed past him. You didn't see what happened after that, for the length of the pier disappeared as another titanic wave consumed the structure in a storm of freezing water. Bisharp too disappeared, having dove into the wave in search of the man who had so foolishly interrupted its kill.

Its absence presented an opening.

Something small prodded your side, and you looked down to see Larvesta's worried eyes gazing back at you. "H-Hey...Larvesta." You coughed, calling upon the last of your strengh. "Look..." Another shudder took hold of your body, sending you into convulsions once more.

"L-Lar?" The Pokémon nudged at your arm, seemingly trying to spur you into motion.

She failed. "S-Sorry." You muttered.

Sensing your distress, Larvesta could do nothing but curl into your side, and as the Pokémon squeezed her eyes shut...

The clouds above broke, giving way to a feeble ray of sunlight that lit up the darkness of the docks. The beam of fire swept across the skies like some divine spotlight, leaving trails of sparkling snowflakes until it came to a stop above your body.

Morning Sun, the third and final move in Larvesta's kit, a technique designed to mend wounds and alleviate pain. In the deepest recesses of panic and fear, Larvesta had called upon instinctual strength to aid her plight.

It was a beautiful technique, no matter how unrefined.

Your stomach felt warm and fuzzy as the move began to work its magic. The numbness still remained, but this time it was a comforting feeling, or lack thereof, you suppose. Sunlight seeped through your bloodstained shirt, repairing damaged nerves and mending broken skin. You felt your breath return to you as the numbness spread to the rest of your body, warming your toes and fingertips.

The pain was finally fading, if only a little more...

"L...Lar..." The bug type yelped, and the ray of sunlight flickered out, replaced by ever darkening clouds, spewing snowflakes and blistering winds. Your stomach wound burst open once more as Larvesta's fading strength triumphed over her sudden determination.

*clank* *clank* Bisharp was now approaching, and by the look in its eyes...you could tell that this would be the last time.

"L-Looks like it's not gonna play with its food anymore." With the little strength allotted to you by Larvesta's move, you raised a hand to gently pat the Pokémon's head. "L-Listen...you have to...run...Larvesta..."

"...Lar?" The Pokémon slumped down atop your chest, her eyes flickering shut. The flickering of flames within her horns was now all but gone. There was no beacon left to fend off against the cold, no blade to slay the monster in front of you.

Rather, no sufficiently powerful blade. Pawniard was up again, the Pokémon ever defiant despite its twisted helmet and broken skull. The Dark type stood at your side, shaking in fury at the unfairness of the world. It was not alone.

A pair of boots landed behind your head, and you felt a rough hand gently tap the side of your face. "H-Hey (y/n). Where's that other Pokémon of yers? That pop-star lookin one! C'mon now, you've gotta send em' out." Uncle Huey gasped as he turned your body over to inspect the laceration on your stomach.

You cried out as a sudden jolt of pain raced your body, and Uncle Huey pulled his hands back as you aimlessly gripped at the concrete ground beneath. "D-Don't have..." You choked out.

Uncle Huey's face went pale. "Well...I'll be damned." The old sailor then paused, his face scrunching up in silent contemplation. "Guess I'll be seeing Dewgong again real soon..." He muttered, before staring at the approaching Bisharp.

Its throat had been hacked apart, and that harpoon was still lodged in its skull. The Pokémon now real and truly looked like a vision out of hell, and it wasn't slowing down one bit as it approached you.

"If yer gonna make peace with the world, then now's the time to do it." The old sailor sighed, before rolling up his sleeves. His breaths turned into puffs of white smoke amongst the frigid air. "Always thought I'd die in the sea, but I guess this is close enough."

"P-Pawn!" Pawniard feebly raised one of its arms as it furiously hissed at the Bisharp.

"Heh, that's the spirit." Uncle Huey coughed as he raised his fists. "Only the bravest men can punch it out with the devil."

The latter Pokémon continued with its silent approach. You silently contemplated your odds.

A young Larvesta, who had never battled before tonight. She still clung to your chest in fear and exhaustion.

A Pawniard, barely clinging onto consciousness. Blood leaked out of its head as the Pokémon whimpered in pain.

And finally, an unarmed man, who was frantically grasping at his chest as his breaths became more and more labored.

"There's no shot." You pulled Larvesta close to your chest. The gesture was both selfish and selfless. You wanted...no...you needed some form of comfort in your final moments. "What a sad way to go out. This...isn't what a Pokémon adventure is supposed to be like." A heaving breath wracked your body, "Sorry Meloetta, looks like you're going to have to get your comeuppance without me..."

*clank* *clank*

"H-Help." You pleaded earnestly with an invisible force, and this time, the world bent its head in acknowledgement.

It was a little strange honestly, how the weakest Pokémon present had done the most in your current situation, but the world does indeed work in mysterious ways.

The grace of Morning Sun had done more than heal your body. The ray of light that had likely saved your life...had also acted as a beacon.

*thump* A low knock came from atop the roof of the nearby warehouse, though the green blur the sound signaled the arrival of...Well, that Pokémon had already traveled far ahead of the noise.

Bisharp never had a chance to see the decorated Leavanny that dropped down behind it, nor did the Dark type see the slash that instantly ended its reign of terror.

No matter how dark the world may have seemed, at least one universal truth from the world of Pokémon you knew did hold true. When humans and Pokémon stood at each other's sides, they could do anything.

At Burgh's command, a blade of verdant green sliced through shadow and steel alike, the attack soundless and yet oh-so beautiful. Perhaps Bisharp had more rage to vent, but the world would never know, for the dark type collapsed into a pile of steel and rot, now indistinguishable from the rest of the trash that sat amongst the docks.

"Ah, we're saved." For real, this time. You smiled as the still falling snowflakes tickled your face. Leavanny then turned to you.

-Before the darkness at the edge of your eyes pulled you into unconsciousness.

———————————————————————

A/N: So, uh...this chapter exists. In my mind, there were like a dozen or so chapters in this book that I was itching to write, and this was actually the first of them. It's also definitely a bit more serious than the others, so I hoped it turned out well. If it caused you any unnecessary stress, well...I did apologize in advance.

On a lighter note, I've been replaying Platinum as of late, and I've been having a good time with it. First time I've ever used Porygon in a playthrough, and holy shit is that Pokémon underrated. Adaptability Porygon-Z with Hyper Beam just annihilates everything that isn't a ghost type.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

72.7K 3K 29
15 year old Alice Foster is on the run from team Rocket. Her parents joined the evil organization when she was 10 years old, they forced her to join...
37.7K 668 36
Pokémon. These magical creatures can be found all over the world. Some small, some enormous. Some that go by land or air, or maybe even by the the se...
93.1K 2.9K 85
Pulled from your time, a strange new world is brought upon you. With no way home, you seek out answers travelling across the world battling powerful...
850 23 3
Future (Ongoing)⏳ --- Henry is currently exploring from Region to Region, with his Pokémon partner Lucky the Eevee, and Sketcher the Smeargle. He dre...