AGAINST ALL ODDS [The Golden...

Bởi Zion204

[every chapter contains 2-5k word counts or more, depends to the author. which means Longer Chapters! so enjo... Xem Thêm

Introduction
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 13

450 13 5
Bởi Zion204

One thing that Tripitaka wanted to Stop. Was the Cycle.

The Cycle of Unseen and Rebirth. He wanted to stop it, he was Blind when he was just a child but once the elder Monks told him of who he really is....and what he's capable of. He was burdened. Though that didn't stop him from Learning Arcane arts and Magic, honing his power and mastering it.

The older he gets, he sees and hears whispers within his soul. Old soul per se. A soul that's been reincarnated for many years.

The Golden Cicada.

He doesn't know how many times this Celestial has been reincarnated but....the Monks did say that....many times this Celestial has been in the Mortal realm and died many times, the Golden Cicada Taking many forms.

It took some years for him, but his soul Finally showed him his Past versions. Reincarnation has no favoritism, and he Witnessed it. He saw hundreds of people glowing Gold, from man to woman and even children. It was Unsettling yes but All of them tried.
His past lives lived up to the Celestial name the Golden Cicada. Although some of them didn't like it, they still left legacies to those they protected and loved.

But....like a blessing there's also a curse.

Every Incarnation of the golden Cicada. Must Serve their purpose

What was his Mission back then?

Simple

The journey to the West

Tripitaka lived and Served his purpose. To meet his disciples and Also the Scriptures, his time was limited but he did it anyways.

And he didn't regret it.

'Atleast....Donghai won't Experience the tragedies that all of us has faced'

'Did I do it? Was it really Broken?'

He really hoped so. Or else his Efforts of Planning will be nothing but just burnt ashes. Like they said, the Cycle ended to him. But he broke it, he passed down the soul and power of the golden Cicada to Donghai.

And then...she could do the same.

She can choose her next Succesor.

'Instead of Reincarnations....I'd like to see a growing numbers of different People who inherited the Cicada'

'Not dead bodies....but brave souls who carried on the Light'

"Master this road looks so Familiar"

Tripitaka Blinked, snapping out of his thoughts he Chuckled and looked at his Disciple "Ah! This is the road to Chang'an!" Ao Lie Grinned, they must've Teleported far again but to see this road boy. He could turn to his horse form and just Jump around, it's kinda Nostalgic to see. "Huh Indeed you're right" He Awed, eyes wandering around the road and so are the trees and stone "Let's continue on the road, Ao Lie you can Carry Mei she seems about to have some Noodle legs" He Chuckled, and Mei who's breathing heavily behind him Gasped and Grumbled "Hey! Im not!" She hissed but Ao Lie listened to his master and Immediately Carried her up with no problem.

"And up we go!"

"I-i can still walk! Hey! Atleast carry Tang too! He looks like he's about to faint!"

"No I'm not" Tang Smirked, and Mei Gasped once he Said that. He's been Training with the Monk so Surely he has gotten used with his Strange trainings so having Noodle legs is getting lesser too. "Ya know if ya guys are tired just tell me! I can just Turn to my dragon form and we could fly up the sky!" Ao Lie Grinned, and hearing this Mei Blinked. He could do that? As in her Gramps could do that for real?

"For real?"

"Yeah! I always do that back then!" He Grinned, and Hearing that confirmation Pigsy Gasped "then Let's do it! Master We could-" before he could finish, Tripitaka Shushed him and fed the poor Chef some of his spare popcorn Packets. Tang bought them for him so he's always making sure to put a lot of spare snacks inside his Pockets or Robe. Don't ask how he could fit in all of the snacks :D

"Nope! We'll spare that Dragon form of yours Ao Lie. As for now we will Go along my way."

"Were still inside the memory scroll and I'd like to keep things Smooth. Can't Let some Curse pop out of nowhere and Cause some ruckus again"

Mei and pigsy Groaned. Mei really wanted to experience it while pigsy just wants to leave the damn scroll for goodness sake."patience my dear disciples" The monk smiled Softly and Chuckled "disciples?" Pigsy raised a brow.

"Hm? Of course! I see all of you as my students so maybe you'll get a little teachings from me. Right Tang?"

"Uuuuuh-as long as they survive?"

He Chuckled, Nervously. Remembering those crazy trainings the monk just did and honestly they're pretty effective. It may be scary and Difficult but it's what the Master wanted.

He's just giving tough lessons for him and Donghai to learn but if ever they're stuck the Master is willing to Show the road "Oh! How about you Ao Lie? Did you got some trainings from Master Tripitaka?" Sandy asked, holding Mo Close to him Ao Lie Smiled and nodded.

"Hm. I did!"

"It's not like other training were you Just Punch a lot of stuff or Uh-Meditate"

He's not Confident with his abilities, He rarely Uses His Dragon And He is totally the pure opposite of Wukong.

"Long Ma Come Join us"

The monk Gestured, holding a Cup of tea with his Other disciples. The Dragon Blinked "I'm fine Master! You can just Take your tea with the others!" He nodded, excusing himself as he took his leave "Hey Ao Lie Bro! Come on don't be a Partpooper dude!" Wukong Called but the man already left.

"Gee should I spare him some Dumplings?"

"I'll take that Wukong. *ahem, you three stay here I'll talk with Long Ma okay?"

"You sure you're okay going alone Master?" Wujing asked, reassuring his Disciple Tripitaka patted him "I'll be fine! I'll be back with that Dragon!" He smiled, and followed suit with the dumplings.

Following to where that Dragon is headed, He stopped, seeing him just sitting down the grassy field. He smiled Sighing in relief.

"I could sense some Negative Energy around you Long ma"

He called, and the Dragon jumped in Suprise "Master!-ah-y-you followed me" He Chuckled, and Immediately Looked away.

"You have something in mind there?" He Spoke, sitting down beside him and placing down the Dumplings for him to eat "eat up small one. A Empty stomach is bad especially if we still have a long road ahead of us" he smiled and offered him the Chopstick.

He gently accepted it, Glancing Back to his master and then, to the food. He's right though, he can't let himself starve to death. Also he's a sucker for the monk and he gets easily soft especially if his master is using that Fatherly tone to him. "Long ma" The monk called, gently his voice Whispering through his ear.

He stayed silent, avoiding his Gaze "Ao Lie." He called again, this time catching the Dragon off Guard "I know Wukong is the most Head wrecking one to watch over with but I'm not just Paying attention to one person only" He said.

"I always watch all of you."

"I observe and Listen to your tones. Wujing, a gentle River Guardian that wanted to Change for the better. Baije that Pig got some passion and Temper but he's learning to be Considerate with others"

"And Wukong?" Ao Lie Smiled, and so is the monk "He's improving I could see it." he smiled, both of them Chuckling.

"Ao Lie, What's the matter my Dear?"

"I-well...."

He's....just afraid and insecure with his power. "I'm just....I don't know but I'm just Scared to use my dragon. Sometimes just turning to A giant green Monster makes me guilty. I'm just....I just don't want to hurt you guys" Turning to a giant dragon and almost hitting your friends, he doesn't want that at all.

"Don't call your Dragon a monster."

"What?"

The monk smiled "Dragons are Majestic and symbolizes Royalty Ao Lie. They Are beautiful as so are you" He Chuckled, giving his nose a tiny boop "don't be Scared to use your power. It's yours, you are born with it and It's a gift that's passed down to your Clan. You even told me that your Uncle Praises you and your strength was it not?" He said, again making him silent.

"He-yeah he did"

"See? So why don't we go and fly up?"

"R-right now?"

"Yes"

He stopped, still the monk awaits him to turn to his dragon form. Ao Lie stood up, taking a deep breath he Glanced back to his Master, Nodding to him Tripitaka Smiled.

"It's okay you can take your time"

He said, Holding his hands together Ao Lie closed his eyes, surrounded in green light. Tripitaka Grinned seeing a Green fire slowly form a giant dragon.

"Hop on then Master"

Ao Lie Huffed, slowly Climbing up Behind him The Dragon Descended up the blue sky, Seemingly Dancing along with the clouds and Graciously Feeling the wind.

"Ya know Let's do this more often"

"Indeed, your Brothers would love to see this view"

He doesn't really know why the monk wants him to go up the Skies, but seeing the view and those Mountains with the sun Peeking behind. Truly he could stare at it for hours.

"I think he did it for me to see that My dragon form should not be Hidden away" He mumbled, Glancing to The monk who's Busy Bantering with Tang and Mei "Master can be Cryptic with his messages and does it in action. Sometimes in words." He Chuckled, remembering Those old memories.

"Oh I could confirm that he has his weird way of teaching Tang" Sandy Snorted. "Anyways. I've been sealed here for so long. Is Master okay? How is he?" Ao Lie asked him, and Sandy Smiled remembering some memories.

"Hm. Ya know you See your Master as that Scaredy cat right?"

"Well yeah in our journey back then he is. He gets quite shaken up in extreme situations"

His master gets easily Scared. Even a Jumscare from Wukong he's gonna Jump and he'll be hiding behind his back. Of course Ao Lie has to calm him down and scold the Monkey for scaring him. "Well he's....kinda Different now. You'll see once he's in action" He nodded, not wanting to ruin the suprise.

CRACK!

He stopped, looking up the sky Tripitaka Frowned once he saw that golden Crack with Black ink Dripping down. "He's Close. Mk's close!" He laughed, alerting Mei and the others "Hurry everyone! Stay close okay? My Teleportation this time might go on delay" He said confusing Ao Lie and Mei.

"Wait What do you mean by Delay?"

"It's like a lag in a game Mei. We'll be going there Late. I can feel it but I'll try to push it"

And with a Wave of his Staff, a loud ring Echoed. Forming a golden cicada Seal underneath their footing. This one seems to glow brighter, unlike the rest of the monks Teleportation attempts. Surrounding them with A bright light Ao Lie clinged to Sandy once he felt the strong wind. Feeling that strong pressure The monk Looked up once he saw his Sheild cracking 'this is bad!' He's not in shape to do such Strong Teleportation Covers but here he is pushing himself to his limit.

"U-uh-master that's not good!"

"I know! Listen I can't hold much longer! Sandy Keep everyone close!"

"Wait-What about you?!" Mei Panicked, Immediately holding the Old Monks Hand "we can't leave you!" She shouted, amidst the Strong howling wind, Ao Lie Frowned. Letting go of Sandy's hand he stood beside the monk "I'll Accompany Master. Please...." He mumbled, eyes staring back to the four "we'll get seperated now is it master?" He said, Glancing Back to the monk Tripitaka nodded. "But don't worry, this old monk will always find a way" He Grinned still trying to hold back the cracks. Ao Lie nodded and Immediately Held the young Dragon Girls hand.

"Listen here Mei. I'll be with Master Tripitaka so that I can assist him"

"No matter what. Don't act Harshly, you may have the strength of a dragon but you are still in a face of death."

He spoke, and Mei Gripped her grandfather's Hand. "But-Gramps-" Ao Lie shushed her "Listen to me Small dragon. That's all I can Say to you for now." He said, patting Sandy the giant carried them, The crack slicing the sheild appart. Ao Lie and Tripitaka Smiled.

"We'll Catch up to you guys! Go help Mk!"

Pushing The 4 out to the Section where Mk is, Tripitaka Yelped once The Crack around his sheild Grew bigger "its been a while Since we Teamed up again huh Master!" Ao Lie Grinned and so is the monk. Surrounding himself with his own green fire a Green dragon Roared and Stood behind the monk protectively, opening his Palms a huge Cicada seal Blocked the winds, forming a Huge Sheild around them.

covering their light, Black Ink Spreads around the Area, seeing those Memories Flowing through like water, The monk ignored all of the Shouts and Screams. His mind Set to one destination.

Home.

[---○---]

'You're not me....'

Exactly how long has it been since he felt the Word FEAR? Maybe back then. Where he realized just how much Big the world is and that He's not just facing Regular demons. The world itself hides wonders....sometimes those wonders bring Darkness and Secrets that has to be kept hidden for the rest of eternity.

"What's the matter Hero?"

He Flinched, the Voice of the Cursed Demon Bringing Cold Damp Water Shivering the back of his Skin, his Hair Standing up as he backed off from this Ink Version of himself. "N-Nothing-I Just-" He stopped, Gripping his shaking wrist as he stared at the Ink Demon infront of him. The Demon Cracked, Hearing those Cracking Noises coming from its body he took a sharp breath in.

"Hey, nah, I get it, man. You wanna get back to our Monster of the Week Adventures? To get back to our simple missions with Mei, mastering all Monkey Kings powers and delivering noodles for Pigsy,right?" The Demon Grinned, still eyeing Him, Mk didn't respond back. The Warden Smirked, walking and Staring up the whole area "sadly We can't. after all we've seen. All we know and all we don't." The Demon stopped, still Cautious Mk Kept his mouth shut.

"Right Friend?"

"You're not my Friend. You're not ME!"

How can this Thing Be possibly Him? No wait That's not HIM! he refuses to believe that this Version of himself. Who looks exactly Different.

Hearing those Salty Words coming from The Monkey boy, the Demon Frowned "Oh? Sure I am! I'm your best friend!" He Cackled.

"Well, closest at least. I know more about you" the Demon took a Step "than you'll even admit. To yourself or to others." He stopped, suddenly almost making Mk jumped in Suprise, he took a step back but A Large puddle of Ink Merged behind him "Yo, where you goin', guy?" The Demon appeared behind him, still with a large Grin Mk Yelped and Backed off, Summoning out his Staff and pointing it to the Ink Demon.

"You're not real! You're-You're just the curse of the scroll trying to get all up inside of my head, just like-"

"The Ladybone Demon?"

The Demon Cut him off, shutting The young boy immediately once he spoke the Ancient Bone Demons name. "Ah~ it's been a year Since she was Defeated yet why do you still talk and think about it so much?~ I wonder why~" the Ink Demon laughed, taunting Him as he kept on changing forms, from the white bone spirits appearance to himself. Mk Growled, Gripping his Staff he gritted his teeth and Slammed his Staff down. Dodging the rocks the Ink Demons laughs Echoed through the Grey world and Bloody Ink clouds.

"Tell me, what do you think we are? Honestly. 'Cause I have been dying to hear us say it. Out loud." Stating the One Question, The Demon Grinned. Not even threatened to the boys Glare and his Staff pointing to him.

"Stop using my voice."

"Hm? Why not? It's Me. It's US. "

"I said you're not ME!!"

He Shouted, again using his Staff to break the ground the Demon Dodged the impact "I'm Just Mk!! A Noodle Delivery Guy with Monkey kings powers-" he stopped.....his hair standing up once the Demon faced him with the most coldest stare.

"JUST?"

Grabbing him by his neck, The Demon Stared at him struggling to breathe, still Holding the staff Mk Wheezed and kicked his legs. Eyes tearing up as he felt his throat getting tighter "That power you say? The one that Almost Blinded the Master Cicada and Not enough to protect your Allies?" The Demon Chuckled, grinning till it became a Loud Cackling.

"YOU MEAN THESE POWERS?!"

BAAAAM!!!

Letting go of him, the Demon Punched his Chest. Throwing him out like a ragdoll. Mk Gasped, coughing out the pain he blocked the Debris as he landed painfully on the ground. Hitting his Elbows and Knees. He ignored the pain, forcing himself to stand up and face the Ink Demon who has taken form of himself.

"Outsiders like you sometimes Pisses me off."

"But atleast the fun part is that I get to tell the reality they have been always avoiding."

[---○---]

'One Scroll. That's it just one section.'

"Hey you've been Looking through these Bamboo slips for like an hour. Ya sure you don't need a break Azure?" Sitting crossed leg infront of him, Azure Blinked and Glanced back to her "It's okay I'll be fine." He Chuckled, shaking his head and continued on grabbing random bamboo slips and Inspecting them. When he saw those Memories and that man, he felt....Lost yet at the same time he also felt close.

Searching and Trying to Look through the slips, it's been hours that he's been searching and The young girl eventually Helped him. Even though Donghai has no idea what he's searching for.

"What are you searching for?"

"Oh-uh-just a piece of memory....just-maybe it could give me some Ideas"

He lied, smilling and still searching through the sections of the scroll. Not then he felt a sudden disturbance he listened carefully, still holding the scroll he heard panicked voices. it may sound bad. But for him. It's good.

"Without us, you wouldn't be able to stop this thing. That's what you were saying, right?"

"The curse! Is it just me or is it way scarier than it was before?"

"How did Azure say to defeat this thing again?"

"Azure... Lion?"

'Wukong.'

He could hear them, they must've found Each other and now facing the Memory Scrolls Warden. It must be a big fight. But Interrupting Early he might get between the crossfire. For now he rather let them handle the Ink Demon.

Well he is confident that Mei and her friends would be able to Fight back that Demon "Donghai prepare, your Allies are close to return" He suddenly spoke, alerting her She Grinned "Really?! O-okay! Hold up let me Change to my Jacket real Quick!" She scrambled, running back inside Monkey kings Hut.

Leaving him Alone, Azure watched her leave. Then his eyes Looking back to the scroll he sighs, sitting back down the wooden chair. Waiting for a couple of minutes, Donghai Returned eventually. Wearing that jacket Mei gave to her back in the lantern city.

It's not the time yet. But to keep them occupied, Azure Took his leisure to talk to her about random things. Mostly it's just Donghai asking questions that he could answer easily.

"I can't believe it you could actually Just-swoop this big sword out in thin air?"

"Uh-yeah?"

Like asking him how does he summon out his Sword or What are his other abilities. Of course he answered them Fluently, not even gonna lie he's slightly proud telling her about his Abilities. The two Talked to each other, with The young girl cracking jokes and Doing weird Shenanigans that sometimes cracks the Lion up In laughter.

Till the sky Gracefully colored in Orange hues. Azure Blinked looking up the sky. He's been Busy taking care of her, something that He has gotten used to these couple days 'they should be done now' the time inside the scroll and here in the real world is different, so he has to stay put.

"Let's go, are you ready?"

"yeah! My bones are shaking!"

She Grinned, Jumping and standing beside him, Azure Sighs. The Scrolls power lightening like a feather, he opened his palms and a Blue Light dragged them down. Suprising her The girl Clinged behind him, hiding under his Purple Cape Azure Faintly smiled at her actions, waiting as they traveled through the Scrolls Cracked Memories.

"Hold on tight this might get a bit bumpy"

"O-Okay?"

He nodded, forming a large opening enough for him to enter, he sighs and smiled back to her "Wait here okay?" He mumbled, going inside the Section of the scroll, Immediately Dropping the Smile he frowned. The world around him just colored in Grey and The Sun Crying Ink. He then looked at The people infront of him.

Mei, Mk And his Friends and then. His eyes Looking straight back to The Familiar King.

"Azure!-"

Mk called, but stopped once His mentor Blocked his sight with his arms, The king stood infront of them protectively, glaring to the Lion.

"You."

Wukong Breathed out, like a nail slammed down the Wood the way he Speaked out those words. It's like Fire. Even the way his mentor stare at the Lion its like Knives and his Friends standing cautiously with their weapons out.

Azure closed his eyes, Sighing deeply he Glared back.

"Me."

Snapping his fingers, a ray of light Sliced the Grey clouds in half, Dragging down the others including Mei and Mk. Azure watched as he dragged everyone out the Scroll breaking the world appart as he got dragged down the light too. Once Leaving the scroll, He Sighs.

Holding the scroll he Glanced behind him to see Donghai Holding his hand.

"Monkey king? What the-where are we?"

Mk Looked around, seeing large Stone pillars towering and the vast desert. "Azure? Where's Monkey king?" He called again, turning around to face the Lion. He Gasped once he saw Donghai standing beside Azure.

"Donghai!"

Mei and Mk called, seeing her friends Donghai Smiled. "Guys! You're okay!" She Grinned, about to go and embrace her Friends, Azure held her hand tight. Not letting her go and stopping her.

"Donghai. Stay beside me kid"

"Huh? But my friends, they're safely here! I can introduce them Properly to you now!" She Grinned, still Oblivious to the Tight Tension in the air between the two Groups. Mk on the other hand looks confused as to what is happening.

"You don't need to Introduce us Hai" Mei Looked at her, her Eyes then glaring back to the Lion.

"The Liar Already Knew our names."

The Golden Cicada Season 4

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

472K 13.7K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
330K 19K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
461K 16.6K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
583K 13K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.