This Villainess Does Not Care...

By Stefahnye

Becoming the villainess of a visual novel you played in your past life after dying in the dumbest way possibl... More

[1] - Dumb Ways to Die
[2] - Mastermind Moment
[4]: Spill the Tea
[5] - The Audacity of These @!$&#%!

[3] - The Lady & Her Maid

462 29 3
By Stefahnye

Claire didn't have the slightest clue for why her lady was acting so weird as of late. She would've guessed the cause to be her sudden fainting, but in truth, Lady [Name] was already acting strange prior to that. When Claire greeted her like usual that morning, the only things reflected in her lady's eyes were bewilderment and stupefaction.

While Lady [Name] used to be loud and boisterous as a child, after the passing of Countess Corella, she would often shut herself in her room. Claire would have to bring dinner to her doorstep since her lady would skip meals all too often.

But now, that former child-like side of her came back... But did it really?

Was her lady always this confident and mischievous?

What caused this sudden change in her?

Had she finally gotten over her late mother's passing?

Claire stared straight into her vanity mirror, seeing a perfect replica of herself in the glass pane. Her grey eyes were calm and steady, like the aftermath of a storm. She reached up to the mirror and rested her hand right next to her reflection's face.

...And was it inappropriate if Claire was liking this side of her lady more than she had thought?

She shook her head. Focus, Claire. Rid yourself of these thoughts. How could a simple maid as her hold such feelings for her lady? The idea of two women harboring romantic feelings for each other was already scandalous enough in high society, much less the idea of a maid possessing feelings for her mistress.

As always, she would have to bite her tongue and swallow down her affection for Lady [Name].

Though unbeknownst to Claire, her resolve wasn't as hardened as she believed it to be.

--

"...la..."

"M... ...dy"

"My lady!"

Your eyes flew open in a panic.

"Wha-what? Huh?" you blinked, rubbing your eyes and getting the crust off. Sitting up, the sight of a familiar face flooded your vision. "Oh! Claire... what's up?"

Lady Corella's, or should you say, your maid was standing at your bedside. Her hands were clasped together in front of her, and she stared at you with a tranquil expression. The curtains behind her were parted open, causing the bright rays of light to envelope the room once again.

"I-I apologize if my calls frightened you first thing in the morning, my lady... I had to raise my voice since you were in a deep slumber. I humbly ask for your forgiveness," she bowed her head.

Raising a brow, you stared at her while placing your cheek on your palm. Then an amused smile spread across your face.

"It's fine. Try not to jump scare me first thing in the morning next time, alright?"

Her pale face became even paler when you said that.

"My sincerest apologies--!" She bowed, furrowing her brows together. Yeah, snickering to yourself made you feel like a major sadist, but hey, it's not your fault Claire looked really cute when she was panicking.

"Awww, don't worry, I was just playing. Come on, stand up already, I'm getting embarrassed."

She followed your words immediately, though the pout on her lip made it obvious that she still hadn't forgiven herself.

Meanwhile, you scratched the back of your head and stretched your arms up, cracking your neck in the process. After two days, it was looking pretty certain that you were stuck in this horny villainess's body until who-knows-when — most likely until one of the game's endings was reached. But for that to happen, Kody would have to arrive and enter one of the romance routes... or all of them, if he wanted.

Unfortunately for him, you had no plans of letting him reach his happy ending before you could find yours.

"My... my lady,"

"Yeah? What's up?" you pushed the bed covers to the side and placed your feet on top of the fluffy carpet. Goddamn, it felt like you were resting your feet on a cloud.

"Upon hearing news of your fainting, the Count insisted on immediately returning from his trip. He... will be joining you for breakfast today." Claire informed.

You raised a brow at the hesitancy in her words and the gentle tone she spoke with, as if she were catering to a child who would throw a fit any second.

"The Count? Lady Cor-- I mean, my father?" you thought for a second. Since Lady Corella had a pretty shitty reputation, you were curious about her relationship with the Count. Judging from Claire's words, Count Corella genuinely cared about his daughter, since he was willing to return from his trip so suddenly. There was also a high chance he would be extremely confused by the change in his daughter's personality, but, if he wasn't able to stop Lady Corella from sleeping with every guy in a 10 feet radius, you decided you didn't have to worry about putting on the facade of a elegant, young lady around him.

Besides, it's not like you had a stable relationship with your parents back on Earth. This would just be like interacting with them again. You cringed at the thought, only noticing you were frowning when you raised a hand to your forehead and felt your brows furrowed. Whoops. You quickly loosened them. You did not want to have the wrinkles of Jordan Gamsey, or whatever his name was.

Anyhow, you were ready to take on the Count. Enough of thinking about the past for now, you had a new life to live out.

"Alright then." You nonchalantly replied, causing a visible look of shock to display on Claire's face.

"M-my lady?" her voice was filled with such surprise that you almost chuckled. Looks like you made her bamboozled.

Prompting yourself up, you walked over to the mirror and peered at your reflection. However, instead of having Lady Corella's face peer back at you, it was your original face. Just a lot healthier looking. There was even a slight glow and shininess to your skin, aside from the slight eye bags you got from when Lady Corella would spent the night 'sleeping'.

At first, you felt ripped off that you didn't wake up with Lady Corella's face. She might've not been a love interest, but she was still pretty to boot. Long hair that looked like it was spun out of golden thread, and blue eyes that glistened like crystals. She truly was the pinnacle of European beauty standards. It was a reoccurring thing in isekai villainess webtoons to wake up with a stunning beauty's face, so why the hell didn't it happen to you?

"Man, whatever. There's no use dwelling on it now. Besides, I think my normal face looks pretty good on its own!" you grinned at your reflection and it smiled back. "I'm not a stunning European beauty, but beauty standards are overrated anyways." You raised your hands to your cheeks.

Smack

Deciding a light slap to the the face would wake you up, you found yourself more rejuvenated and determined than ever to live your best life as Lady Corella, no, Lady [Name]. And although Claire sent you a worried look from your strange actions, you shot her a wide grin back.

"Let's get me freshened up, shall we?"

--

Breakfast was, for a lack of a better word, awkward-as-fuck.

You fidgeted around in your velvety-cushioned seat, trying your best to swallow bits of your steak. Meanwhile, Count Corella was staring directly at you without a word. The two of you were placed on either sides of the long ass dinner table. Claire stood next to the dining hall doors, clasping her hands together in front of her. Her expression seemed calm, but if you looked closely, you would notice her lips ever-so-slightly pursed together.

"S-so," Coughing into your palm, you were desperate to break this silence. "How was your trip, father?" You tugged your lips up in a forced manner, clasping your hands together.

You thought it'd be harder to call some man you've never personally talked to in your life "father", but the word easily slipped from your mouth. Lowkey proud of yourself for smoothly breaking the tension, you were met with bewildered turquoise eyes when you glanced up.

"...What?" He stared at you. You immediately cursed in your head, sweat drops rolling down your face as you tried to ignore how frightening Count Corella looked with those blue eyes of his. His face turned stiff, and he asked again:

"What did you just address me as?"

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fu-

Gulping, you forced yourself to smile.

"I... I just asked you how your trip was, father."

The moment you said that, the Count looked like he just experienced the most whiplashiest whiplash to exist. His already widened eyes got even wider, and you would've laughed if you didn't feel like shitting your pants right now. Great, the first thing you utter to Count Corella manages to set him off. Fan-fucking-tastic. This had to be a new record! This would go alongside your record of dying in the dumbest way possible.

After taking way too long to reply, the Count finally opened his mouth.

"N-never mind that, I heard you recently fainted from a lack of sleep. How are you doing? Do you still feel light-headed or ill?"

Although these were normal questions to ask someone after hearing they fainted, the Count managed to do it in an unbearably awkward manner, like he wasn't used to asking this. "The doctor prescribed you something, didn't he? Shall I fetch a servant to pick it up?"

Hearing this, Claire stepped forward, bowing as she did so.

"If I may speak, Your Excellency. I wouldn't mind picking up my lady's prescription as the doctor handed it to me."

The Count stared at her for a second before responding.

"Very well, then. I'll leave it to you, Miss Claire. You may leave after [Name] finishes her breakfast." You immediately noticed this as the opportunity for your moment of escape, and there's no way you were gonna let it slip by.

"Uhh, actually--" You find yourself cutting in. Standing up, you push back your chair and face the Count. "I actually don't have the appetite for breakfast today, so I'd like to follow, I mean, accompany Claire to get my prescription."

"What?" Count Corella frowned, "But you must eat to regain your strength. Who knows if you'll faint again?"

"Oh! Um... no! Don't worry father, I assure you I've changed my sleep schedule, and I'm getting at least eight hours of sleep every night!" You bowed. Technically, you weren't lying. It was nearly impossible to knock out due to how comfy Lady Corella's bed was. "Please excuse me." With that, you hurriedly clasped your hand over Claire's and dragged her out of the dining room before the Count could even protest.

After you left, Count Corella stared at the open dining hall doors. One of the guards in the corner started profusely sweating due to the awkward silence left behind.

The Count's gaze then moved to your now-empty seat.

"Father..." he muttered to himself, a bewildered yet soft look in his eyes. "When was the last time I've heard her say that?"

It appeared as if your sudden fainting didn't come free of side-effects, though.... Count Corella didn't seem to mind if this was one of them.

--

"Hoooly shit, Claire! You didn't tell me that the Cou- I mean, my father, was scary as hell!" was the first thing you shouted after escaping from the dining room. The passing maid and servants side-eyed you due to your... informal language.

The maid walking a few steps behind you appeared shocked at your use of expletives.

"M... my lady, you shouldn't be-"

"Anyways!" you surprised Claire even more when you suddenly stopped, your faces mere inches away from one another's. "Why don't you lead the way to town?"

A part of you raised an eye-brow at how flustered she suddenly got, but in mere seconds, your maid went back to her usual self.

"I'm afraid I can't allow someone of your status to accompany me to town, my lady. What would we do if you fainted again?" her words were straight to the point, but it was obvious she was speaking from her worry for Lady Corella.

It was also obvious you weren't gonna budge.

"I'll be fine! I feel 100% replenished. Besides, even if I do faint, there's bound to be a doctor or hospital nearby right? Just lead the way."

You could've sworn that Claire's brows knitted together for a second, but they were already back to normal the moment you blinked.

"I apologize, my lady, but I will be escorting you to your room." You felt your annoyance bubble inside of you, causing you to say something totally idiotic, but also something that defied against her words.

"Nuh-uh."

"Nuh-- what?!" your maid was caught totally off guard once again. "My lady, what is with your sudden increase in expletives and non-sense phrases?!"

"The way I speak might seem strange here, but trust me, it's 100% normal from where I came from." You chuckled, suddenly teleporting behind her. "Anyways, that's enough of our lil back-and-forth. Onwards, Claire!"

"Wha-"

The maid couldn't believe what she was seeing at the moment. The Lady [Name] she was used to serving was a cold yet elegant woman who only showed her emotions in the bedroom. Yet here she was, playfully teasing and bantering with one of her servants. At a lost of words, Claire couldn't find the strength in her to bicker anymore. However, there was one thing she couldn't let slide.

She moved to stand behind Lady [Name].

"Huh?" you blinked, "Uhhh, Claire, y'know I went behind you for a reason, right? I don't know where the prescription shop is."

"A mere maid can never walk in front of her lady. That's extremely disrespectful to her mistress. I shall guide you like this, my lady."

You sighed, before a lightbulb went off inside your head.

Wrapping your arm around Claire, you sent her a mischievous grin as she looked at you in utter surprise.

"M-my lady! What are you?!" her already rosy cheeks seemed to turn a shade darker. She squirmed in your grasp, trying to untangle herself from your arm, but you wouldn't let her go.

"I think it'll be much easier if we walk like this! C'mon, Claire, let's go~"

"W-wait! My lady! What will other people thin- ahhh!"

Too late, you had already pulled Claire into the direction of town, despite her extremely reddened cheeks -- which you couldn't tell if they were from embarrassment or anger. Most likely both.

--

omg hi guys! I really don't know what to say except I'm really sorry and thankful for all of your patience! It's been 9 months since I last updated this book, and let me say that THAT was NOT what I was trying to go for, at all. I started this book during my early junior school year, and I certainly didn't expect to be as busy as I was.

 I also went through stuff that happened in my personal life, but all in all, I sincerely thank everyone for still staying with me despite everything

I'm currently on summer vaca right now, and I only have a month left until school starts again. But despite that, I miss writing very much and I'm currently working on a Halloween one-shot for a Quotev Halloween collab with a lot of writers :) For now, that'll be my top priority, but I still want to work on this book and my other books as well

This chapter has actually been in the works for a few months now, and I've finally been able to finish it!!!! Huzzah! Not that much actually happened in this chapter, huh? But I wanted to make this chapter one to shed light into Lady Corella's life and her actual relationships with the people around her. 

Don't worry, next chapter will be a lot more interesting! A new character will appear, maybe even a love interest???? Until then, stay healthy and hydrated everyone! And I can't thank everyone enough for the support of this book omfg.... 800+ hearts??? AAAA I'm so grateful for you all 👍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 11.8K 103
โš ๏ธ Warning โš ๏ธ [There are mention of dark themes in this story. ] A story of a girl, that has woken up inside the body of someone she doesn't recogn...
39.7K 725 18
A new school year in high school awaits you! You're excited! New friend's! New classes! New Teachers and other stuff! But you think about the boy tha...
487K 18.5K 39
"why do you help him get her, if you didn't want him to?" "to be free" Yandere Student council president x reader. plot- You are the vice council pr...
146K 5.6K 36
โฅ๏ธŽ ษช แด„แด€ษด'แด› สŸแด‡แด› สแดแดœ ษขแด yandere! roommates x reader โ€โ€ขยฐโ€ขโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•เฎ“เน‘โ™กเน‘เฎ“โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ€ขยฐโ€ขโ€ When (Y/N) moves in with five strangers, things start out surprisingly well...