๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ž๐ง...

By potterwp

๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐‹๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ ๐๐”๐„๐„๐โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” in which Maegora Targaryen, the Queen of Devuniean and Jacaerys Velaryon th... More

๐ฆ๐š๐ž๐ ๐จ๐ซ๐š ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ ๐š๐ซ๐ฒ๐ž๐ง
๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ฉ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ฌ + ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ
ACT ONE.
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter four.
chapter five.
ACT TWO.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
chapter fourteen.

chapter three.

2.6K 78 6
By potterwp

ACT ONE. ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ.
ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢs ɢᴏɴᴇ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ

It was bright outside in the kingdom of Kings Landing as the many citizens within the crowded streets of the large kingdom were venturing around, doing their daily jobs while the royal family continued to do what they had been doing earlier in the day in Red Keep. The birds chirping weren't as loud as the chatters of voices all around in the fighting grounds of the castle where the royal children could be seen, the animals being seen flying around within the bright blue sky where the bright sun could be seen with the white clouds.

Guards and attendants could be seen within the fighting grounds as they did what they were supposed to do while the four boys of the royal family could be seen fighting some makeshift dummies, wooden swords tight in their grips as they continued to go back and forth.

Maegora stands beside her grandsire on a stone balcony observing Aegon, Aemond, Lucerys, and Jacaerys practicing their ability with swords in the yard. She rises to her tippy toes, and places her hands on the balcony to get the closest look. Her gaze met Jacaerys' every now and then as the Prince kept looking up at her every time he changed dummies.

Standing just a bit in front of the balcony, the Commander of the Kingsguard, Ser Criston Cole, held a blank expression as he watched the boys fight. As the boys switched dummies like they had been doing for the past couple minutes, Jacaerys and Aemond bumped shoulders, not even apologizing or saying a word to one another as they walked right by each other.

Across from them, Aegon patted Lucerys shoulder before they were both fighting one another. Meanwhile, Ser Criston stood a bit beside Aemond as he instructed him to do stuff he wasn't doing, like moving his feet light and softening his knees, ignoring the frustrated grunts and expressions that the young Prince was currently making as he continued to swing the wooden sword.

After swinging his sword around against the dummy a couple of times, Aegon stopped for a moment as he looks up to see Maegora watching the boys. His lips turn to a quick smile as starts to approach the girl.

"Sweet Maegora, have you come to watch me find success during my practice?" Aegon playfully asks her, hinting his small admiration for her.

Before she could respond, Ser Criston alerts the young Prince while he turns back to the knight.

"I've won my first bout, Ser Criston. My opponent sues for mercy." Aegon comments.

Criston nods, shrugging. "You'll have a new opponent then, My Lord of the Straw. Let's see if you can touch me. You and your brother."

While the guard grabbed one of the many wooden swords, Aegon took a glance towards his brother with raised brows as Jacaerys and Lucerys walked off to the side.

Eventually, the sounds of the Targaryen brothers grunts could be heard as they tried to hit at Ser Criston, but he was one step ahead as he used one hand to swing the sword around, the other laying nicely behind his back.

Grunting, Aegon ran forward with his sword swinging, but Criston was able to push him towards Aemond, causing them to bump into each other as Aegon tried to regain his footing.

Unfortunately, neither of the Princes were able to hit at the guard as they now moved to stand where the other children were.

Maegora noticed Ser Harwin coming closer to the Velaryon boys, yet still keeping his distance. She watched as Ser Criston easily defended himself against the three boys, as they were nowhere near as good as him.

"Weapons up, boys. Give your enemies no quarter." Harwin instructs, making Criston stare at him. "It seems the younger boys could do better with a bit of your attention, Ser Criston."

"You question my method of instruction, Ser?"
Criston asks.

"I merely suggest that method be applied to all your pupils." Harwin replies just when Aegon pushed Lucerys to the side a bit.

"Very well. Jacaerys, come here." Criston commands, harshly taking ahold of the front of the boy's armor and pulling him forward. "You spar with Aegon. Eldest son against eldest son."

"That is hardly a fair match, Ser" Maegora exclaims as she looks to the older knight with anger and confusion. Ser Harwins nods in agreement.

"You've never seen a true battle, Princess. A fair match isn't something you should expect" Criston responds quickly.

Maegora gives the knight a rude look, before turning her attention to Jacaerys' as he looks over at Ser Harwin with a panicked expression while Aegon pats his nephew's shoulder.

When Criston gave the boys the go, Aegon had been the first to do something, swinging his sword forward as he rushed at his nephew, causing the younger Prince to stumble back. Ser Harwin was quick to pull Lucerys out of the way as the boys had moved in between them and Aemond.

The sound of wood clashing against wood could be heard before Aegon shoved Jacaerys to the ground with one hand, a grunt of pain being heard from the brown haired Prince. The younger Prince was quick to get up to his feet, lunging forward towards his uncle while letting out a cry, causing Aegon to step back in shock. It didn't take too long until they were on either sides of one of the makeshift dummies when the white haired Prince pushed it towards his nephew, making him take a few steps back before it fell on him.

Harwin points a finger at Aegon. "Foul play."

"I'll deal with him." Criston reassures.

That's how both men ventured to either of the boys, Criston roughly grabbed the collar of Aegon's armor while Harwin did the same more softly than the other man. Their voices could be heard as they gave instructions and when Criston took a glance over his shoulder, he took notice of how Harwin had a gentle grip on the Prince's chin while the said boy held a smile, nodding along to the older man's words.

The fight was eventually back on as Aegon clenched his jaw, letting out many cries as he listened to the guard's instructions, bringing his foot up and kicking his nephew's chest, sending him down to the ground roughly.

Continuing to listen to the man's words, Aegon kept swinging his sword towards Jacaerys without a thought.

Seeing that Criston wasn't gonna stop it anytime soon, Harwin was quick to intervene as he grabbed ahold of Aegon's sword, shoving the prince away that had him tumbling to the ground.

"You dare put hands on me?" Aegon screams.

"Aegon!" Viserys calls out from beside Maegora in a scolding manner.

"You forget yourself, Strong. That is the Prince." Criston reminds.

"This is what you teach, Cole?" Harwin questions, ignoring his words as he grabs the swords that the boys had dropped to the ground. "Cruelty to the weaker opponent?"

"Your interest to the princeling's training is quite unusual, Commander. Most men would only have that kind of devotion toward a cousin... or a brother... or a son." Criston comments in thought.

This seemed to infuriate Harwin as he dropped the sword, spun around, and sent harsh blows to the guard's face. And this seemed to surprise everyone on the battlefield as the children stepped back, Maegora grabbing her grandsire's hand as she watched with wide eyes.

Criston stumbled down to the ground, but Harwin continued his assault as blood was soon seen on the Kingsguard's face. Two guards rushed forward, thes grabbed ahold of Harwin and pulled him off Criston, a few more having to come over and hold him back, all while the Strong man screamed at the other man to say those words again. Criston was still lying on the ground and smiled as if he had accomplished something before spitting out the blood from his mouth, he had a very strong hunch about the connection between Ser Harwin Strong and the Velaryon boys.

Ser Harwin was expelled from the City Watch, and his father, Lyonel Strong, the Hand of the King, tried to resign his position, but the King Viserys refused. But the King allowed him to take Harwin to Harrenhal, where he could prepare for his inheritance.

"Be good to your mother, children. I'll visit when I can. But that may be some time." He said as he turned to his oldest son Jacaerys, who quickly walked towards his mother.

"I will return." Ser Harwin Strong promised. Jacaerys nodded slowly. He placed his gloved hand under under the boy's chin, "I promise." The boy nodded slowly again.

Maegora kept her gaze at the floor, tears were forming in her violet eyes. And she did not wish for them to escape. After her father's death, Ser Harwin was the only one who could somewhat replace him. And often Ser Harwin seemed to regard her as if she were his daughter.

Harwin stepped closer to Rhaenyra and the newborn babe in her arms, gently kissing the top of his head.

"I will be a stranger when we meet again." He said with a hint of sadness in his dark voice.

Maegora looked up to see the two looking at each other for the last time in a while. And a single tear escaped from his right eye. Jacaerys seemed to notice because a second later he grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

Harwin glanced over to his oldest child a last time before turning away and grabbing his things and walked out the door. Maegora dropped her cousin's hand, and ran after him. Jacaerys wished to follow her, but Rhaenyra stopped him.

The young girl, who was only in her white nightgown, ran out the door.

"Ser Harwin." She called him.

Harwin slowly he turned around. Tears escaped from Maegora's eyes, she had been able to hold them back until now.

Ser Harwin knelt down and a second later Maegora ran into his large arms.

"Do not cry." He said as he stroked the girl's brown hair for the first time.

"Please do not go. I want you to be here." She begged and Ser Harwin pulled away from the Princess and dried her tears with his fingers. "The boys need you here! I need you here... You're like a father to me."

"And you are like a daughter to me." He breathed out, admiring her. Maegora noticed a tear gather in her brown eye.

"Will we ever see you again?" She asked quietly, Harwin nodded, "I promise we'll see each other again. I want to see you as Queen after all."

"Be safe." Maegora smiled, before he stood up and walked away. His heavy footsteps echoed down the hall.

When the young Princess turned around, she was met by her aunt and cousin.

"We will exchange letter by raven. Won't that be fun?" Rhaenyra said to the children, as she put one hand in Jacaerys' dark hair.

"Is Harwin Strong my father?" The boy asked quietly. Maegora and Rhaenyra met eyes, "Am I a bastard?" Jacaerys asked, turning fully to his mother.

Rhaenyra turned slightly to see if Lucerys was listening as well, he was not. She then turned back to her oldest child.

"You are a Targaryen, that's all that matters." The young mother promised, before kissing his forehead.

After saying goodbye, Maegora went to her mother's chambers, where her mother was not there yet. Maegora took out a book and sat down on her bed to read.

And not more than twenty minutes later, her mother returned. Maegora sat up on the bed and tapped the side next to her.

"I have something to tell you." Rhaella admitted and Maegora hummed and raised an eyebrow. The girl wondered what her mother had to say.

"We will leave Kinglanding as soon as possible." Her mother said and Maegora's breath caught in her throat.

"But why?" She asked hurriedly, Rhaella took her hand and gave her a look. And that look was all Maegora needed to know.

"But don't worry," said her mother. "We won't be alone."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 14.3K 41
* เฉˆโœฉโ€งโ‚Šหš -หห‹. ๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™™๐™ง๐™–๐™œ๐™ค๐™ฃ หŠหŽ- ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ ๐™๐™ƒ๐™€ ๐™๐™„๐™๐™Ž๐™๐˜ฝ๐™Š๐™๐™‰ ๐˜ฟ๐˜ผ๐™๐™‚๐™ƒ๐™๐™€...
15.8K 671 15
๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™„๐™๐˜ฟ๐™๐™€ ๐™๐™„๐™‘๐™€๐™๐™Ž was haunted by the memories of a life she could never live. A husband she could never have and a heart she could never t...
22.5K 627 8
๐˜ผ๐™‰๐˜ผ๐™€๐™‡๐™”๐™Ž ๐™๐˜ผ๐™๐™‚๐˜ผ๐™๐™”๐™€๐™‰ tore her mother apart from the inside out. She had gotten stuck halfway from the womb, slowly eroding the bones and...
20.4K 606 16
ABOUT YOU..! เผ„ โ†ช ใ€COMPLETEDใ€‘ โ†ช ใ€EST; MARCH '22 - JULY '23ใ€‘ A JACAERYS VELARYON [x stark!reade...