The New Monarch (Human! Bowse...

By Aninayrt2

(F/n) leads a peaceful and calm life in the Mushroom Kingdom and shares a strong bond of friendship with the... More

❛ Author's Note ❜
[1] Please Hear Me Out!
[2] Do Tell
[3] The Fire Inside
[4] On Your Merry Way
[5] Burnt On Arrival
[6] The King Of The Koopas
[7] Her Assistance
[8] While In The Waiting Room...
[9] A New Mama?!
[10] But Wait, There's More!
❛ Author's Note ❜
[11] First Day: ✔
[12] In This Illusion
[13] Happy Stomachs = Happy Family
[14] A Blooming Affection
[15] One On One
[16] Mornings Like This
[17] Duties Remain
[18] Close Yet Far
[19] Shell, Bomb, And Spirit
[20] Lighten The Load
❛ Author's Note ❜
→ New Story! ←
[21] A Brief Pause
[22] Taming A Scaly Beast
[23] Retrieval
[24] Is Change Possible?
[25] Twelve Years Ago
[26] Our Differences
[27] Groundwork
[28] Sweeter Than Sugar
[29] Celebration Creation
[30] Bowser Junior's Lullaby
❛ Author's Note ❜
[31] King Of The Ghosts
[32] An Aphrodisiac Mishap
[33] Get Well Soon
[34] Scum Of The World
[35] A Dire Situation
[36] The Old Monarch
[37] 2-Up
[38] Aid From Primates
[39] The Orange Gal
[40] Jealously Is An Ugly Thing
❛ Author's Note ❜
[41] Hummingbird
[42] 1 v. 7
[43] His Hollow Carapace
[44] Words From A Fruit
[45] Matrimony Pry
[46] Apols
[47] Change Is Possible
[48] Lava Tears
[49] The Undead Counterpart
[50] Daddy's Home
❛ Author's Note ❜
[51] (F/n) Is In Another Castle!
[52] Through Kaleidoscope Eyes
[53] March
[54] Conflict Among Brothers
[55] Game Over
→ 50k One-Shot Special! ←
[56] Retrieval Pt. 2
[57] Taking A Breather
[58] The Mushroom Ball
[59] Then, Now, And Forever
[60] A Scorching Wish
❛ Author's Note ❜
[61] Redamancy
[63] The Koopaling's Blessing
[64] Jump Up, Don't Be Scared
[65] Woman
❀ You're Invited! ❀

[62] First Date Jitters

900 49 20
By Aninayrt2

Afterward, Bowser takes you back to the Mushroom Kingdom to your home and takes his leave, and both of you anticipate tomorrow highly.

When you arrive, Peach and Daisy immediately bombard you with questions.

With a nervous smile, you tell them what happened.

Wide-eyed, the girls are more excited than you, bouncing around joyfully.

Once they settle down, Peach elbows Daisy. "Pay up." 

The brunette digs into her dress pocket, pulls out a couple of gold coins, and hands them to her.

"Daisy and I bet five coins on what would occur between you and Bowser." She grins. "As you can see, I won, as I bet he'd confess to you."

Daisy pouts. "Me, on the other hand, bet he'd propose, which, looking back at it now, is a giant leap forward, so it's only right he did what he did first."

You chuckle in amusement. "You two are so silly."

The girls look at each other, nod, then look at you.

"We'll be going now," Peach says. "We just wanted to ensure you got brought home safely."

She and Daisy group hug you and stand at the doorway. "You and Bowser are welcome to use the Mushroom Kingdom at your disposal for your first date. And it'd be perfect, too, since it's the Mushroom Festival tomorrow." Her statement shocks you.

"That's tomorrow already?!" You exclaim. "Wh-why didn't you tell me?!"

"(F/n), it's okay. It'd be cruel to make you work on your first date as a taken woman." She places a hand on your shoulder. "Enjoy the day with your man to your heart's content." Peach's words almost seem too good to be true when hearing them out loud. 

Your pout turns into a sigh, unwilling to argue with her because she's right. 

After all, you've endured in a short time, clustered together, everything was falling back into place. 

Not all that is bad lasts forever. 

"Alright..." You cave in, and that brings smiles to the princesses. 

"Since we'll be around," Peach says. "Do you still want your displays to be set up like every year?"

You nod happily. "Yes! That'd be lovely!" You go to your work counter, pick out specific items you'd like, and give them to Peach and Daisy. 

"Perfect!" The two express. 

"We'll see you tomorrow then." Peach says alongside Daisy, and they leave for the night. 

After Bowser confessed, you're left alone, and you can properly freak out by yourself. Collapsing in your bed with your face into your pillow, you delightfully kick your feet in the air. You flip around on your back after that and stare at the ceiling.

Me and Bowser...

A goofy grin crosses your face.

I love the sound of that...

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

It's an hour before noon, and you are ready. 

The festival started a little over thirty minutes ago and would begin its peak soon. 

As you wait, a knock at your door swiftly stops what you're doing and makes you answer. You open to see Bowser standing there, holding both hands behind his back. 

"Hello, (F/n)." He greets kindly and reveals a bouquet of tamed piranha plants.

You gasp. "For me?" You flutter your eyes as he hands them to you. "You're too kind, thank you. I'll put them in some water right away." You say while stepping aside and letting him in. 

He didn't get a good look at your small home yesterday, but now he can take in the cozy atmosphere. However, if Bowser were any taller, he would hit the ceiling easily. Yet, he still slightly kept his head down to avoid it. "You have a nice place." The man comments, curiously gazing at everything from top to bottom. 

"Look who's talking!" You jokingly counter, making Bowser mentally face-palm at what he said. "But thank you, it's rather neat, all things considered." 

"If you put it that way, then yes." Bowser says as his eyes land outside the window. Seeing how the toads are out and about with the festival. "Is it some type of event today?"

"Yes, the Mushroom Festival. I know about it usually, but with everything that's happened, I forgot about it. Peach reminded me and she didn't think it was fair to put me to work regarding our date."

"That's kind of her, but if our date interferes with something important like this, we can push it to another time if you want-."

"No." You politely interrupt. "It's okay with me; it's okay with her." You grin. "Besides, I'm not pushing this day any further."

Bowser adjusts his spiky wrist accessories and flashes a sly smirk. "Needy for me, right~?" 

You bluntly respond, "No, I just want a day off." Noticing Bowser's slightly disappointed expression. But you quickly reassure him. "I'm kidding! You have no idea how much I wanted this day to happen, whether we were dating or not." Your cheeks flush with a blush as you continue. "Just like I said before, I wanted to be by your side..."

This confirms Bowser's feelings for you even more, making him visibly flustered. 

He tries to suppress his blush and replaces it with a small smile. "There's a lot to say and do, but let's talk about everything during and after our day; what do you say?"

You nod in agreement, feeling excited about the day ahead. "I couldn't have said it better myself."

You both step out of your comfy home and approach the lively center of the square, where people from all walks of life come together. 

You may be familiar with the place, but Bowser, who is new to the area, is overwhelmed by the sights and sounds of the bustling village. 

You look at him, and your heart fills with joy as you see his eyes widen with amazement. 

He immediately grasps your hand as you intertwine your fingers with his, finding comfort in your touch. Turning to you and notice your radiant smile. "What's so funny? Is there something on my face?" He inquires while rubbing his face with his other hand. 

You shake your head. "No, I'm just captivated by your wide-eyed wonder." Your comment puts a blush on his features, mixed with a hint of nervousness from any lingering eyes. 

"If you continue flirting, you will reach magical, unknown wonders." Bowser warns in an unthreatening tone. 

"Is that a threat?" You squint your eyes. "Or a promise~?" 

"I'm not answering that." The man admits and rubs his thumb on the back of your fingers. 

You and Bowser walk towards the center; when you arrive, a small group of dancers perform an enchanting dance recital. 

Music fills the air, and you two watch from the sidelines.

Anyone can choose to watch, cheer, and clap.

As the performance ends, the spectators pull people into a giant dance circle, causing a chain reaction. 

People dance together in a carefree manner, and you and Bowser are swept into the mix. Drawing on the knowledge you had gained from the ball two days prior, you both decide to go with the flow. 

Holding onto each other, you sway to the music and move in unison with the other dancers. Pure delight emanates from you both, exchanging smiles and looks of affection as the Koopa King spins you around multiple times before dipping you.

The crowd bursts into cheerful hollers.

"You're quite the dancer, your majesty." You pant out, playfully hitting his arm. 

"Not as much as yourself, woman." He counters back with a grin. 

You chuckle together and reach for each other's hand, cherishing the moment. 

However, your moment of happiness is short-lived as the toads pull you away. One of them chirps excitedly, "Hey, (F/n)! You have to check this out!" They drag you away in a wave of people, leaving Bowser alone. 

Although you both are unsure what to do next, you accept your fate and hope to meet again soon.

Bowser sighs and mutters your name; he can't help but admire you. Not bothered by the fact that you are loved by many, with or without trying. 

His eyes wander around, observing the area, vendors, and shops. 

The festival is bustling with people, and the Koopa King stands out like a sore thumb, towering over the rest. But he doesn't seem to mind. 

Impressed by how everyone works together and functions when it comes to having fun and what they offer regarding food and items. 

The sound of laughter and chatter surrounds him, making him feel a sense of belonging. 

Despite being alone, Bowser feels content and at peace.

No wonder (F/n) is so talented...

Bowser was lost in his thoughts when he was suddenly disturbed by a smaller toad who bumped into him. 

The toad is immediately frightened by the size difference between him and the man. "O-oh... s-s-sorry... I'm a little l-lost..." The toad appeared young, around Junior's age, but a little shorter than him.

Bowser bent down to the toad's level. "It's okay." He reassures the boy with a firm tone. "Who are you looking for?"

"I lost my parents during the dance," The child replies. 

The man can tell the young toad wants his help even though he hasn't asked out loud. "I'll help you find them." Bowser offers. 

His face lit up with joy. "You will...?" He asks, full of hope. "Oh, thank you!"

Bowser chuckles. "Although, it would be easier to identify them if you're above ground." He offers his hands to him, who happily accepts. The man lifts the toad onto his forearm, giving him a clear and higher view of the area. "We'll find them in no time."

As they search for the young toad's parents, Bowser and the boy exchange information about each other. "You have lots of kids! What's the number again?" He asks, surprised by Bowser's family size.

"Eight in total." Bowser answers, laughing at the kid's reaction. "And I hope to have more someday."

The toad gasps. "Why so many?"

"Because I like having a big family." Bowser explains, giving a toothy grin.

"Will (F/n) want more?" The child questions curiously. 

"That's entirely up to her." Bowser says. "And I'll respect her decision either way."

"That's good then-!"

"Crimson!" A voice from not too far away shouts. Two larger-sized toads run over to them. "We've been worried sick!"

Bowser gently sets down the boy, who immediately enters his parents' arms. "I'm sorry! I got lost, and I couldn't find you!" 

The heartwarming reunion brings a smile to Bowser's face. 

The young toad's parents look back at Bowser, knowing who he is but wanting to believe that he has changed for the better. They gave him their best smiles. "Thank you so much! We appreciate it, your highness..."

"No worries. I can relate to those feelings," Bowser responds, feeling content knowing he helped the kid find his parents.

The Koopa King stands there; someone calls out his name from behind and suddenly notices you. 

"Hey, Bowser!" You exclaim. "I'm sorry for leaving you like that. The toads showed me how my displays were already sold out." 

Surprised, Bowser reacts. "Wow, they're that popular?" 

"Yes, it appears so! They said they'll give me my profits tomorrow."

Disheartened, Bowser comments with a sad smile, "It's a shame..."

Curious, you ask, "Why is that?"

"Because I wanted to see what else you have to offer besides what I've already seen," Bowser admits.

Reassuringly, you respond, "Trust me, I have something to show you, but later." You glance at the three walking away, and a big smile appears. "The dad in you will never cease to exist, huh?"

Smiling, Bowser nods and admits, "It never has, and it never will."

"You deserve something sweet for your efforts." You grab his hand and lead him toward the nearest dessert parlor. 

You're both greeted by a wide array of ice creams. 

The Koopa King's red eyes lit up like shiny rubies at the endless possibilities. 

"Pick any flavor you desire, my beloved~." You coo, seeing and knowing how he is with sweets—recalling the past when you prepared for Junior's birthday party. 

You watch him and notice Toad walk up next to you and greet you two, though Bowser's too focused on what to choose from. 

"First date?" He asks causally.  

You happily. "Yes, it's going great!" 

"I can tell. I saw the dance earlier."

"You did?"

Toad nods. "Yes, and the one at the ball, too."

You look at Bowser and then at him. 

"Ironically, you two make a great pair."

Bowser finally lands on one and asks the person behind the counter for his pick. 

"The princesses tend to think so as well." You happily express, joyful to know they approve and are slowly warming up to Bowser. 

"No wonder they're looking out on this date because they care that much." 

"What do you mean? You ask confusingly. 

Toad points back with his thumb and turns to see Peach and Daisy watching outside the store window. 

They quickly turn away and bump into each other as they both scramble away in different directions. 

"Those two..." You chuckle. "I'll deal with him later. They're probably just curious and worrying about me."

"To be fair, you are with the king of the Koopas, the very man who did want to take over the world." Toad glances over to him. "He doesn't even radiate that aura anymore." He nudges your arm with his elbow. "And it's all thanks to you, (F/n)."

Toad's words make you smile, but it soon fades as fast as it appears upon a realization you have to talk to Bowser about once the day is over or sooner rather than later. 

Toad notices your facial change. "Something wrong?"

You shake your head. "Nope."

He brushes it off and departs from the conversation before Bowser returns with a large wad of ice cream on a cone, somehow perfectly balanced. 

"Oh, wow!" You express. What flavor?" You question, unable to pinpoint what it is based on the cold treat's deep red coloring. 

"It's called red velvet! It's chocolate, but red! Do you want to have the first taste?" Bowser offers sweetly, holding it close to you. 

"No, thank you. I want to eat these mushroom skewers. They are not too far from here first, if that's okay."

He nods eagerly. "Yeah, of course, let's go!" The man urges, letting you out the door first and following behind. It takes all his strength not to devour his dessert in one single chomp and see if he can offer it to you again soon. 

When your eye spots and targets the food vendor, you practically gravitate to them and order several variations. Once you got what you wanted, you held two large skewers in each hand. "Want some?" You ask cutely. 

"How about we make a trade?" Bowser suggests. "You try mine, and I'll try yours."

You grin. "Deal."

You both exchange your food and try it at the same time. You both liked what you tried. The ice cream was as delicious and refreshing as you imagined. 

And as for the mushrooms, they were savory and not what Bowser expected. "Is the cuisine here mainly mushroom-based? I'm not complaining, but I assume much thought goes into making these dishes."

"You have no idea. But it opens our minds to think outside of the box with such an ingredient you wouldn't think to have in many ways."

"Like how you made that breakfast the first morning at the Koopa Kingdom."

You smile, trying to hide your blush. "Exactly..."

Once you switch off again, you two browse more and see what the shops offer. 

Your sights aren't set on much besides looking, though by the looks of Bowser, you can tell he'd like to take some souvenirs with him, like trinkets and homemade treats, which he did for himself, the Koopalings, and Kamek. 

The festival is still bustling when you want to show him a unique location and talk to him about what you thought earlier.

Away from the main village and even the outskirts of it, there's a hidden valley you want the Koopa King to see more than anything in this home of yours. 

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

You lead Bowser by the hand, and he eagerly follows you over a small hill. 

Reaching the top, the vast beauty of the landscape takes his breath away. 

The field below is covered with lush, vibrant green grass that sways gently in the breeze. The flowers dot the landscape and fill the air with an earthy aroma that invades his senses and fills him with wonder. 

Taking in the stunning scenery, he realizes that it feels familiar like he's been here before.

The valleys stretch out before him, adorned with majestic mountains that vary in size and range as far as the eye can see. The sky is breathtakingly light blue, without even a single wisp of a cloud. 

Bowser can't help but feel overwhelmed by the beauty of it all and utters a soft yet genuine "Wow..."

It suddenly dawns on him that this is the place where the potion took him during his regeneration process. 

You notice the realization in his expression and ask, "Well? What do you think?" 

Bowser looks down at you, his short red hair swaying in the gentle breeze. He smiles, his gaze locked with yours, and delicately moves your hair away from your face with one finger before tucking it behind your ear. "It's almost as beautiful as you, woman..." The man compliments.

You giggle, a warm flush spread across your face. "Such a kiss ass," You laugh, using the words he once spoke to you back at him. "So, tell me, what have the Koopalings said about us?" Your comment makes him stop his actions and flinch. 

"About that..." He chuckles nervously. "I haven't told them yet..."

.   .   .

"Say what?" 

"I was hoping we could tell them..." Bowser pauses. "Together..."

Oh, dear...

"Okay, but I want to make a quick pit stop first." 

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 479 28
Bowser x OC fanfiction. Hazel is a lone dryad who's lived in complete isolation their entire life... what happens then, when a Koopa King comes crash...
6.5K 613 27
After his defeat, Bowser ponders the meaning of his existence. Until he hears this voice... That will change his outlook on life. True love is not al...
31.7K 891 35
Sequel to my previous Bowser X Reader, it won't make a lot of sense if you haven't read it. Credit to LonlyDemonic, who created the awesome cover! Th...
3.8K 75 12
(Bowser x Female Reader) "You show love through acts of kindness and understanding. If you force someone to be with you, they'll grow to resent you,"...