To Tame A Dragon (Dragon Tame...

By VirgilWannabe

Rhaeanna Targareyn has been living in exile with her aunt and uncle, calling them her siblings since she coul... More

Act 1 : Exile

Prologue

193 5 1
By VirgilWannabe

Queen Rhaella's Crown shown above^^^ "

Horse hooves crashed into the sand heavily, and the golden powder flew up into the air as the horses sped along the scorching sun- catching onto the horses riders. The men ignored the irritating minerals as they rode, racing time as they sighted the tower they were told about. Leading the group of six was a young man with a long face soaked with sweat as the unforgiving sun beat down on him, his mouth set with a determined scowl. The men who joined him attempted to keep his pace, but the horses were tiring.

As the young man approached the tower, three knights came into view - just as unwelcoming as the environment surrounding them. They were not just any guards but members of the Kingsguard (loyal to the monarch he was rebelling against, loyal to the prince he just helped kill in battle). The lone wolf jumped from his mount the moment it came to a halt, gripping Ice in his hand as he strode forward. His companions had come to a stop a few feet away, leaving their mounts to take a protective stance as they watched the Warden of the North. Once he moved toward the stairs of the entrance, the guards moved to block him.

"Prince Rhaegar ordered us not to let anyone pass." Ser Arther Dayne stated.

"Your Prince is dead, I watched as he fell on the Trident. Take me to my sister." He demanded.

"We can not do that, Lord Stark". Ser Oswell said, unsheathing his sword, behind young Ned. His six companions did the same, causing Ser Gerold Hightower to do the same.

"Then you will die." Lord Stark stated as if it were a fact, tightening his grip on his sword as Ser Arther did the same. All the men froze as they heard a heart-wrenching scream come from the tower. Neds companions jumped into action as Ser Arther broke away from his sworn brothers and dashed up the stairs. Ser Gerold and Ser Oswell became distracted by the six men who were closing in on them, allowing Ned to follow the Kingsguard up the stairs without being spotted.

The heat from the Dornish sun slowed the young northerner down, but he sped up at his sisters' gutting screams. He thought of all the terrible things that the Mad King's supporters could have been doing to her - terrified that he wouldn't be able to make it in time to save her. He kept his sprint steady as he made his way up the winding stairs, ignoring the sounds of clashing swords below him and the sweltering sun from above, focusing only on the screams of his sister and how long it would take to reach the top.

He took a deep breath as he made it to the door and flung it open. His heart dropped at the sight of his dear sister, Lyanna Stark, covered in sweat and in pain. Her legs were spread apart, and blood soaked into the white sheets. It took him a moment in all the chaos to notice exactly whose blood it was. Midwives ran about, collecting clean water from the tub and clean rags from the cabinets. And beside Lyanna, holding her hand while trying to comfort her, was Arther Dayne.

"Ned!" Came his sister's desperate cry," I'm scared, Ned. I don't want to die!"

"You're not going to." He said softly. Sounding just as scared as her. He reached her, gently wiping her tears from her face and grabbing her free hand. "Your okay, Lyanna. You're going to be alright." Ned wasn't sure if what he said was true. He knew little about childbirth despite the fact that his own lady wife was with their first child. He took his attention away from Lyanna for a moment," Hey!" he yelled to the midwives. "She needs help. Get her some water or"

"Ned." Lyanna interrupted him, sounding resigned. "I'm going to die." She gave a sad smile, then looked towards the midwife who was busy cleaning something near the tubs, and her eyes widened in realization and terror. Turning to her brother in fear caused Ser Arther to frown.

"Princess, what-"

"Ned, promise me, keep them safe. Please Ned , keep them safe." Her voice was tense as she begged him to make a promise. His confusion was evident on his face: Why did Ser Arther call her princess, who is them, does she mean her newborn child and Ser Arthur?

"Lyanna, what are you talking about?" Ned asked. She smiled as the midwives approached with a bundle in both of their arms and moved her sight back to her brother, regret swimming in her deep gray eyes.

"Ned, I'm sorry. I wasn't kidnapped, I left willingly with Rhaegar. We fell in love and got married after he annulled his marriage to Elia. I never meant for any of this to happen: Brandon, Father - Im sorry." She cried, focusing on her regret instead of the pain from childbirth. "Please, Ned, you know what he will do to them if he finds out, he'll kill them. Promise, promise you'll protect them. Oh, Gods, their beautiful Ned."

Lord Stark looked over at the babes, realizing that his sister had birthed twins. "I will, Lyanna." He agreed, smiling over at the babies. One babe had the Stark brown hair, thick and curly, its eyes were a dark shade of purple, so dark that they may have been confused as black. The other babe has silver blonde tufts of hair on its head and eyes as purple as the amethysts on Queen Rhaellas crown.

She smiled softly and pulled her brother in for a hug. Ned gladly pulled her into an embrace, despite hearing her pained gasps. He held her as tightly as he could without further hurting her. When he went to pull away, she gripped onto him and whispered into his ear.

"His name is Jaeherys Targareyn, and hers is - ah. She let out pained breaths as she tried to name her daughter. Hers is - Rhae- ah" Her voice died out and she went limp in his arms. He groaned in despair, ignoring the knight who gently laid his sister's hand onto the bed. She didn't even get to name her daughter.

"Lyanna!" He cried out, laying her back down onto the bed softly to gently shake her. "Come on, Lyanna, what's her name? You have to finish naming her, wake up."

"Lord Stark". Ser Arthers soft voice came, but Ned ignored him as tears fell from his eyes. Ser Arther moved towards the midwives when Ned finally looked up. The knight had tears running down his face as he took the twins away from the midwives and turned back to the grieving Lord. Ned slowly stood from his crouching position beside his sister's bloody death bed. He stared at the babes laying in the knight's arms. He took one in his arms. It was the girl with amethyst eyes and silver tufts. Even through the baby's chubby cheeks, he could see his sister's face.

"Rhaeanna." He choked out, followed by a sad chuckle and a frown."I can't take her. She wouldn't be safe in Westeros with those looks."

"My Lord, do you mean to say you are going to separate them?" The knight asked. "What will happen to the young princess?"

"You will take her to Dragonstone, where she will be safe with her grandmother, Queen Rhaella". He stated, moving to set the newborn princess down." You are to never leave her side and protect her with your life."

As he said this, he used leftover parchment and ink to write a letter to the queen Consort in order to give a quick explanation of the events that passed on this day. The knight agreed with the Lord. He set the young prince down beside his sister and knelt to the ground. Lord Stark had just finished his letter and sealed it with his house sigil ring when he turned to find the Sword of the Morning knelt to the ground with the tip of Dawn kissing the stone floor.

"I, Ser Arther Dayne, swear by the Old Gods and New that my sword is Princess Rhaeanna of house Targaryen from this day until my last." Ser Arther vowed, never taking his eyes away from the young Lord.

Ned's shoulders sagged in relief at the oath and let out a smile. "Thank you, Ser Arther. Take this to the queen, leave from the other exit with the princess and a midwife. My companions and I will leave the way we came, it would be wise not to let them see you." The knight agreed.

Lord Eddard Stark walked out of the door he entered, carrying the sister he was meant to save with a midwife and his nephew in tow. When he met with what was left of his companions, he made them swear to never speak of where the child came from and to agree to say that the child is his bastard named Jon Snow.

Ser Arther did as the Lord ordered and told the midwife to leave through the other exit and wait for him at the bottom. As he was left alone in the tower, he grabbed a few memorable items to give the princess as she grew older before he set the tower ablaze, cleansing it of the events that happened. When he met the midwife at the entrance , he could hear Ned Stark's group leaving.

As both small parties left the tower behind, they could smell the smoke and see if billowing in dark clouds.

Ser Arther walked down the dim ancient halls of Dragonstone, being led to the throne room by his fellow brothers of the Kingsguard. Ser Arther held the small princess to his chest as he walked through the doors, trying to stay calm as they slammed shut behind him. The knights leading him separated and took their places guarding each side of the door, Ser Arther took a couple of steps forward before making his best attempt at a bow he could with a baby cuddled into his chest. The queen herself was heavily pregnant with a child of her own, but she does not look happy at that fact. Instead, she looks miserable and angry.

"My Queen,I have arrived here today with great news." The Kingsguard stated, handing Ned Stark's letter to her Lady in Waiting.

When the lady handed Queen Rhaella the letter, she glared at the seal before snapping her eyes up to Ser Arther, causing his worry to deepen, and he held onto the princess tight. "Lord Eddard Stark? Did he not stand beside the man who murdered my son, your prince?" the Queen's cold, icy voice rang throughout the dim throne room. Queen Rhaellas' eyes held no mercy. They burned just as bright as dragonfire as they stared down at the knight. Though, when she broke the seal on the letter and read the words inside, her eyes began to soften:

Queen Rhaella of House Targaryen

Meaning no disrespect by this letter, I wrote to you in an urgent matter. It seems that Robert's Rebellion has been based on a lie, and i have learned the truth of the events between your son and my sister. Lady Lyanna was not kidnapped, nor was she raped by Prince Rhaegar. No, the prince and my sister fell in love and ran away together to be wed in secret.

When I found my sister, she was dying on her birth bed after giving birth to twins, Prince Jaehaerys and Princess Rhaeanna Targareyn. Before my sister took her last breath, I promised to protect them both. The young prince will be raised in Winterfell as my bastard. Due to the princess Targareyn features , I thought it best to send her to you.

With the hope that you help protect the princess, I apologize for all of the pain that I have brought to your family. Had I known the truth. I would have found another way to avenge my own blood.

Lord Eddard Stark

Warden of the North

The queen's eyes darted over to the bundle held to his chest, turning into the warm queen he once knew before the king went mad. ?Is that her, the princess, my granddaughter?" The Queen asked, causing the knight to nod, "Well, come on then. Please bring her to me, my dear."

Ser Arther Dayne slowly approached the queen, crading Rhaeanna in his arms before gently placing her into her grandmothers. Once the woman had the baby in her arms, she smiled widely with adoration etched into every wrinkle of her skin. "Rhaeanna, a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. A name for a queen."

The Throne Room was empty, save for the Queen and her granddaughter, Ser Arther stood guard outside the throne room alongside a younger guard as a young prince came running by.

:Muña! You asked for me?" The silver haired boy asked as he entered the room.

"Yes, Viserys, I did." The queen said patiently. Come closer.

"Who is that, Muña?" Viserys asked quietly, noticing the babe in his mothers arms.

"Come closer." She beckoned the boy to one side of her lap as she balanced the girl in her arm on the opposite side. Viserys did as his mother encouraged and carefully climbed into his mothers lap, being mindful of her protruding stomach and ending up halfway on the arm of the throne. "My son, this is Rhaeanna."

"She's beautiful. But your bump is still there Muña, I don't understand." Viserys said, observing his mothers stomach,

"That is because I didn't give birth, my dear." She told him with an amused chuckle.

"But she's a Targareyn." He stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Yes, she is your brother's daughter. Her mother passed away, and it is unsafe for her in Westeros, so her uncle sent her here for her safety. She also has a twin brother who is with their uncle." Rhaella explained, hoping her young son would understand. "But no one can know this, my son. It must become a secret we all must keep. She will be raised beside you as the twin of my unborn child. If anything happens, you must protect her, Viserys, you must have people believe this lie until the time is right."

Viserys stared at his mother with a sudden realization that his mother was scared, Rhaella felt horrible for the burden she had put on her son's shoulder at such a young age. Viserys understands that even at the age of five , this is important, Rhaeanna was important. So, to ease his mother, the young prince gave his most serious look and agreed with his mothers words,

"I promise to protect her Muña, for the sake of our families future." Rhaella felt something akin to a boulder lift from her shoulders as she looked at her son. He sat there looking into her arms curiously, his small pale lilac eyes parted to hers. "Can I hold her?"

Rhaella agreed, carefully moving the girl into her son's arms. For the first time since they moved to this desolate castle, she saw the layer of sadness sweep from her son's eyes, being replaced by joy and warmth for the young baby girl he held in his arms. Viserys cooed as the babe babbled, Rhaeanna giggled at his coos, gently moving her fist to his cheek. Viserys gives an over enthusiastic smile and lets out a laugh so pure that Rhaella can hardly believe her ears. For the rest of the night, the queen allowed her son to sit there holding the babe until both the infant and boy started to fall asleep from exhaustion.

The fury of the storm increased as his mother screamed in pain from labor, Dragonstone had been under siege for long hours of the night but his mother had been in the birthing room for far longer - fighting with the stubborn babe that didn't seem to want to leave her womb. The battle outside could be heard, swords clung against one another as men yelled out Viserys sat in the corner of the birthing room, holding Rhaeanna in his arms as Ser Arther stood guard at the door, as his mother fought for her and her child's life. Servants were bushling around the castle, preparing bags for the Targareyn to take when they escaped the bloodbath.

"Viserys!" Rhaella cried out as she made one last push. A newborn baby's scream was heard throughout the room as banging was heard on the entrance on the other side of the ancient castle. "I love you, my son."

The queen fought to breathe as Viserys made his ways closer, clutching the young princess to his chest. "It's a healthy little girl, your grace." The midwife said as the queen touched a sweaty hand to her son's cheek. The queen's eyes slowly moved to the midwife and set upon the bundle in her arms.

"Daenerys." The queen breathed out, dropping her hand from Viserys cheek as she died. Viserys let out a gut-wrenching sob as he moved over to his mothers face, atop her head holding her crown. The diamonds shone in the dim light, same as the large amethyst gems.

"Prince Visserys, you must hurry before they invade the castle. Or else we won't make it to the ship." Ser Arther rushed over. "Come now, the midwives and wetnurses have already left for the boat with your sister, and our things are there. We must leave quickly!?

Viserys understood the knight's hurry, so he handed the princess over to him before kissing his mothers forehead and swiping the crown from her knotty hair. "Let's go." He said before running to the exit and towards the dock, Ser Arther followed quickly behind him.

Once they boarded the ship, Ser Arther handed Princess Rhaeanna to a wet nurse in order to speak with the captain of the ship. The prince stared back at Dragonstone as they left the dock. He watched the bombarding figures through the windows as he held on tightly to his mothers crown. After Dragonstone disappeared in the darkness, Viserys stood there numbly, shivering from the harsh rain.

When he finally moved from his spot, he moved through the busy ship towards the cabin where he would find what was left of his family. When he entered the cabin, he was met with the wetnurses trying to warm the young Princesses from the chilling and harsh rain that they went through. He felt an assortment of feelings: anger and sadness were the most prominent. As he stared at his new sister, he wanted to feel angry at her, to blame her for what happened to their mother, but he knew he couldn't.

So the young prince sat down in the cabin, swearing to avenge his family.

----------------
A/N
Ok, so I know I said I wouldn't publish until Act 1, but I got impatient, so think of this as a teaser

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 8.5K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

121K 2.8K 43
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
315K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
204K 2.5K 32
"You ain't leaving until you suck my cock Y/n." he said with deep voice holding her hair tightly... ~𝒔𝒆𝒙 𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔 ~𝒔𝒎𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 ~𝒆...