My Cunning Villainess | HIATU...

By sev3nclear

"Expect the unexpected." Lady Cerisxe Vueriyne Solacaeis, the only daughter of Duke Grevan Cliss Solacaeis, j... More

Chapter 0
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 3

29 10 1
By sev3nclear

Sino'ng matino ang utak na ipambayad ang isang katulad ko? Siyempre, hindi 'yan ang Emperor. May saltik 'yon, 'e. Shuta.

Kasalukuyan akong nakadapa sa higaan habang binasa ang report tungkol sa asawa ko kuno. Inis kong pinunit ang papel na naglalaman ng mga detalye. Details that doesn't even makes sense! It says, 'He is a young Duke, not old, but still young. The title was given to him at the age of 4. Tall and gorgeous.' See? It doesn't make sense at all! Except the title part. What a useless Private Investigator my Dad has.

I heard a soft knock at my chamber's door. It's probably Aris. "My lady, I'm coming in."

Hindi ko siya nilingon at patuloy na minumura ang Emperor sa utak ko. That useless old man! How can he do this to me? I mean, I wasn't that hard-headed and a 'villainess' just to deserve this, right? I already repented for my so-called sins. Was 8 years not enough?! And Dad didn't do anything about it! But I can't blame my Dad. I know he is only following orders from that old man.

"My lady. The Emperor is asking for your audience at the palace's study room. His Grace is already there, just a few minutes ago. The carriage is ready outside."

I bit my lip and sigh. What now? What does he want from me at this moment? Gamble pa ng gamble, matatalo rin pala.

"Lead the way, Aris."

The ride towards the grand palace was unbelievably short and it is making me nervous. When we arrived, we are immediately attended by the palace's servants and was guided to the study.

As I walked down the dimly lit hallway of the grand palace, my frustration grew with every step. I still couldn't believe the audacity of this shitty old man to force me into this marriage with the duke from a distant empire! Hah! Oh God and Goddesses, pardon me for 'disrespecting' this shitty emperor. Kakabalik ko lang sa parusa ko, ah. Ano sa tingin niya ang ginagawa niya? Kinabuti ba 'yon sa emperyong 'to?

With each footfall, I continuously muttered curses under my breath. Marriage was supposed to be a bond of love and affection! Though, I don't believe in this so-called affection and bond of love. Like iw. But don't get me wrong. I am raised in a household full of love.

I dislike the idea of getting married because of love and so on but I mostly hate a political arrangement designed to secure alliances and power! Like man, can I just remain single?  Yet, here I was, the unwilling pawn in their grand game.

As I continued my march towards the study room, my mind raced with thoughts of escape. I had already accepted my fate, but I'm a well-known villainess. Bakit hindi na lang natin panindigan, 'diba? Right now, there are plenty of plans, ways to escape this unbelievably disgusting marriage.

I sighed. I knew that, for the sake of my family's reputation and the stability of the empire, I had to put on a facade of compliance and obedience. But deep down, hindi ako masaya sa naging sitwasyon ko dahil sa matandang 'yon.

My plan to escape this unwanted marriage wasn't that consistent, but I was determined to find ways. Makaya ko man o hindi. Mamamatay man o mabubuhay. Perhaps I could find a way to win the duke's trust and then, when he let his guard down, I'll vanish into the night. Or maybe I could uncover a secret that would make the marriage null and void. Aren't I a brilliant woman?

My thoughts were interrupted as we reached the heavy doors of the study room. When we arrived, the doorman pushed the doors open, revealing the imposing figure of the emperor, seated behind a grand desk. Beside him is my Dad, with a sad emotion plastered on his old face.

"Ah, there she is," the emperor said with a smile that didn't reach his eyes. This sly man! "Today marks the beginning of your new life, my dear Cerisxe. You should pack your things and shall depart for your husband's country immediately. The Duke is impatiently waiting for you at his den."

I was taken aback by the abruptness of his announcement. What? Did I heard it right? Departure? So soon? The emperor's decision was so sudden that for a moment, I imagined myself stabbing him with the use of my heels and strangling the life out of him in my mind. But of course, in reality, I could not do such thing. Ayaw ko pang mamatay no.

With a forced smile, I nodded in acceptance, but inside, of course I'm in rage. Hah! The God and Goddesses seems to favor me so much that they gave me this beautiful chapter in my 16 years of breathing. Kung alam ko lang sana na ito ang yayakap sa akin pagbalik ko, sana doon na talaga ako tumira sa Armin. May creep man doon ay siguradong mabubuhay naman ako ng walang problema. Kabwesit! Isa pa'yong kapatid kong 'yon. That filthy Yvflynn! How dare him trick me like that!

As the emperor's guards escorted me to the awaiting carriage, with my luggages and such, my mind raced with a whirlwind of emotions. Anger because of betrayal and sadness because I can't even stop this union, though may plano na naman ako. Wala akong ideya kung ano ang naghihintay sa akin doon kaya hinanda ko na lang ang sarili ko sa kahit ano man ang mangyari. I promise to the heavens that if something terrifying happens to me, they will be the first one to see my terrifying vengeful ghost form.

"Cerisxe..."

Tumigil ako sa paglalakad gayundin si Aris na malungkot ang mukhang nakatingin sa akin. Nilingon ko si Dad na ngayon ay parang naluluha ngunit ayaw maging mahina sa harap ng mga tao.

"Please be careful, my daughter. I do not wish for this to happen but I cannot defy an imperial order. If your mom knows about this, she'll surely crawl out from her grave and kill me." Ngumiti siya ngunit hindi ito umabot sa mata niya. "If I only knew this would happen, I would have never sent you far away so that I could spend your remaining stay as my daughter. I'm so sorry if Dad can't do anything about this. But always remember I love you more than my self. Yvflynn and you. Please take care of yourself, okay? I'll be one call away if something ugly happens."

My heart warmed as he said those. He still didn't change. Still the loving father I know ever since Mom passed away. I hugged him immediately but I didn't cry. I can't lose my composure. He hugged me back too and patted it. When we pulled apart, a soft pinch surprised me coming from the back. It was Yvflynn. He is emotionless but his lips is twitching like he is stopping something to come out.

"Be careful, little sister. Write to me if something happens." And by that, he walk away, out of the scene. I only smiled at his disappearing shadow.

As the carriage pulled away from the palace, I glance back at the life I was leaving behind. The luxurious yet warm halls, the extravagant gowns, my family, my memories with my deceased mother, and the privileged life I had known were all now a distant memory. Ahead of me lay a future that was uncertain and filled with challenges. A Duchess, huh?

I took a deep breath, determined to face whatever came my way with courage and grace. Though I was being sent away against my will, I would not let this marriage become the death of my brain and heart.

And so, the carriage rolled on, carrying me towards an unknown fate. A warm hand held my hand as I stared at the window outside. It's Aris, with tears rolling down her beautiful face. Pinahid niya iyon ng makita niyang nakatingin na ako ngayon sa kaniya.

"My, why are you crying, my lovely Aris?" I almost laughed as I sounded like a real villainess just now.

"M-my lady... I will always serve you no matter where fate brought us. I will never leave you not until my heart stops beating." Pinunasan niya ng panyo ang mukha niya at pilit na ngumiti kahit papaiyak pa rin.

I didn't reply and only smiled at her. You should be, Aris. You should. You should never leave me, or else... I'll hunt you until death.

It took us almost 6 days to arrive at our destination. The long ride was so draining that it almost made me a corpse. We were welcomed by the tall big trees towards the manor of the Craelaus. Right now, Aris is applying a bit of makeup on my face as the carriage continued moving. Mas natataranta pa ito kaysa sa akin. Kinakabahan tuloy ako. Pati damit kong nalukot ay kulang na lang plantsahin pa niya dahil sa kabang makita raw ng Duke na di ako presentable. Baka mapauwi kami ng wala sa oras. Napailing-iling na lang ako sa inasta niya.

"Aris, calm down. We won't be sent back home—"

"Oh good heavens, my lady. The strands of your hair is blocking your fair face! I got to tie your hair again!" Aniya at kinuha agad ang hairbrush.

I deeply sighed. Really, Aris? Pagkatapos na pagkatapos akong lasog-lasugin ni Aris ay siya ring paghinto ng karwaheng sinasakyan namin. Paglabas ko ay inalalayan ako ni Aris na medyo nanginginig sa tabi ko. Maybe because of fear or excitement. The servants were in line with their head bowing.

"We greet and welcome the arrival of the future Duchess Cerisxe Vueriyne Solacaeis-Craelaus to the Craelaus Dukedom. We are very pleased and is looking forward to serve you in the future." They said in unison.

Shuta, gusto ko ng umuwi at magpakamatay. Ugh, stop being funny for a second Cerisxe. Tumikhim na lang ako at binati rin sila. "I am also very pleased to meet all of you under the daylight." Natawa ako dahil para akong nagrereklamo. Totoo naman. Gusto ba nila akong mahimatay rito dahil sa init? Saan ba ang lalaking 'yon?

"I can see that all of you know me already so I won't bother introducing my name. By the way, I have prepared a little gift for all of you. I'm looking forward for our bond in the future. Please take care of me onwards." I slightly bowed and they were shocked by what I did. What? Am I doing something unusual? Hindi ko rin naman nagawa 'to noon.

"Jamela, we are blessed by the heavens!"

"Yes! We are so blessed to serve our future Duchess!"

"She's not just a beauty. She also has a pure beautiful soul! Overqualified for our standards! How great isn't it?"

"May Goddess Heyanshia bless us more!"

"Thank you, Goddess Heyanshia! Thank you! I shall die in peace for the Duke is in good hands!"

"I greet the future Duchess of Craelaus, Lady Cerisxe Vueriyn Solacaeis-Craelaus. I believe we just met yesterday, your Grace."

"You are.. Wait. Sir... Guidon?!" I gasped and looked at him from head to toe. It is him! Wait. What is he doing in here? Is the Duke the master he is serving?! Shit— So that is why the name of that husband of mine is so familiar! Ugh, why do I have a poor memory. Poor Cerisxe.

"Yes, your Grace. I'm very honored that the Duchess still remember this lowly knight's name despite the difference of our status." He bowed and continue."This lowly knight's name is Greun Guidon and I'm one of the Duke's disciples. I was sent here to fetch you for the Duke is impatiently waiting at his office. The Duke is kind of unwell. Please rest assured that your belongings will be place at your chamber this instance. You don't have to worry about anything, your Grace, for we don't want to upset you."

Sa paraan ng pagsabi niya ay para bang nagmamakaawa siyang dalian ko ang kilos ko at huwag ng magtanong dahil papatayin siya ng Duke kapag hindi pa ako nakarating sa kinaroroonan niya. Natawa na lang ako sa isip.

How interesting...

But that doesn't change my plan on escaping and make the marriage null and void.

The manor was quite huge. If I compare it to a palace, its size is 3/4! Imagine how big is that! I can't believe I'm going to live in a place like this. But I almost laugh as I remembered what lies in this huge manor.

Big responsibility.

That won't last long though. I'm going to escape and leave this place for good. I'll find a comfy place and live there until my eyes won't open anymore.

Kumatok si Sir Guidon pagkarating namin. There was no response but Sir Guidon motioned me to go inside.

"The Duke is waiting for you inside, your Grace. You can go inside now.."

I nodded and was about to go when Sir Guidon stopped me.

".. Except from the lady behind you, your Grace."

Nilingon ko si Aris at sinenyasan siyang huwag sumunod. Nag-alalang tumango naman ito. Pagkapasok sa ko sa kwarto ay ang malamig na hangin ang yumakap sa akin. There, I saw a figure of man who is currently drinking a glass of wine.

I stared at the man I had been waiting to see, please note the sarcsam, with... long dark purple hair hanging gracefully over his broad shoulders and seductive dark orange eyes that seemed to hold mystery. His presence exuded a cold yet playful aura. Sitting cross-legged on the sofa as if he welcomed my arrival, but apparently not. Aba't ginagago ba ako nito? Pasimple kong inikot ang mata at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad kahit naiirita ako. Kung hindi lang rare ang buhok niya, baka kanina ko pa siya kinalbo. However, as his 'wife', I couldn't help but be intrigued by this mysterious figure in front of me.

Huminto ako sa paglalakad at labag sa loob na binati siya. "I greet the great mighty warrior of the empire and the master of the manor, Duke Uzziah Quillan Craelaus. I am Lady Ce—"

"Cerisxe Vueriyne... Solacaeis-Craelaus"

I almost stopped breathing when I heard his sinful voice. He put his glass of wine aside and stood up from the sofa. Naglakad ito patungo sa akin. Inabot niya ang kamay ko at masuyong hinalikan iyon. What the hell—

"What took you so long, my love?"

*

Cerisxe Vueriyne Solacaeis
Se-ris Vi-reyn Sol-ley-kis

Uzziah Quillan Craelaus
Yuz-ziah Kil-yan Krey-lus

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 8.9K 47
NEW STORY (+18) Highest Ranks: 1# Villain 31/01/2024, 3# Fiction 15/01/2024 #SteamyAdventure #EvilLove #SoulMates# There was a long-forgotten time wh...
MissFortune By Rosiquen

Historical Fiction

6.3K 180 17
"Here's a little reminder, Wife. You are going to perish." Rosamund, the Daughter of the Duke, the Young Lady was fairest of all the nobles. Who kne...
190K 8.3K 50
"Yes, I am!!!" Kaede leans down to her ear his hot breath tickling her cheek in a tantalizing way, as swooping butterflies made way to her stomach. "...
2.2M 113K 37
[COMPLETE] Drake Rohan's wife is a real piece of work. He despises everything about her. Everything from the heavily-powdered face, to the overly-red...