My Hero Academia : The Day Ev...

By ChildOfBeast13

One day long ago in Qing Qing City, China, a luminescent baby was born with a unique power. Then, as time pas... More

Bio
Season 1 Chapter 1 : What It Takes to Be a Hero
Season 1 Chapter 2 : Start Line
Season 1 Chapter 3 : Hero Basic Training
Season 1 Chapter 4 : Yeah, Just Do Your Best, Iida
Season 1 Chapter 5 : Encounter with the Unknown
Season 1 ( Finale ) Chapter 6 : All Might
Season 2 Chapter 1 : My Reason
Season 2 Chapter 2 : Roaring Sports Festival
Season 2 Chapter 3 : In Their Own Quirky Ways
Season 2 Chapter 4 : Strategy, Strategy, Strategy
Season 2 Chapter 5 : Battle On, Challengers!
Season 2 Chapter 6 : Rex vs. Bakugo
Season 2 Chapter 7 : Time to Pick Some Names
Season 2 Chapter 8 : Bizzare! Sir Nighteye Appears!
Season 2 Chapter 10 : Hero Killer: Stain vs U.A. Students
Season 2 Chapter 11 : Climax
Season 2 Chapter 12 : Mixed Signals
Season 2 Chapter 13 : Gear up for Final Exams
Season 2 Chapter 14 : Defeating the Number One Hero
Season 2 Chapter 15 (Finale) : Encounter
Season 3 Chapter 1 : Wild, Wild Pussycats
Season 3 Chapter 2 : Kota
Season 3 Chapter 3 : Alpha
Season 3 Chapter 4 : Roaring Upheaval
Season 3 Chapter 5 : What a Twist!
Season 3 Chapter 8 : All For One
Season 3 Chapter 7 : Symbol of Peace
Season 3 Chapter 8 : End of the Beginning, Beginning of the End
Season 3 Chapter 9 : Moving into Dorms
Season 3 Chapter 10 : Create those Ultimate Moves
Season 3 Chapter 11 : The Test
Season 3 Chapter 12 : Generator Rex VS Siren
Season 3 Chapter 13 : Rescue Exercises
Season 3 Chapter 14 : Our Brawl
Season 3 Chapter 15 : A Season for Encounters
Season 3 (Finale) Chapter 16 : Unrivaled
Season 4 Chapter 1 : Boy Meets...
Season 4 Chapter 2 : Fighting Fate
Season 4 Chapter 3 : An Unpleasant Talk
Season 4 Chapter 4 : GO!!
Season 4 Chapter 5 : Breach
Season 4 Chapter 6 : Lemillion
Season 4 Chapter 7 : Unforseen Hope
Season 4 Chapter 9 : School Festival
Season 4 Chapter 10 : Prepping for the School Festival Is the Funnest Part
Season 4 Chapter 11 : Gold Tips Imperial
Season 4 Chapter 12 : Generator Rex vs. Gentle Criminal
Season 4 Chapter 13 : School Festival Start!!
Season 4 Chapter 14 : Let it Flow! School Fesitval!
Season 4 Chapter 15 : Japanese Hero Billboard Chart
Season 4 (Finale) Chapter 16 : His Start
BNHA The Movie : Heroes Rising Part 1
BNHA The Movie : Heroes Rising Part 2
BNHA The Movie : Heroes Rising Part 3
BNHA The Movie : Heroes Rising Part 4
BNHA The Movie : Heroes Rising Part 5
Season 5 Chapter 1 : Clash! Class A vs. Class B!
Season 5 Chapter 2 : That Which Is Inherited
Season 5 Chapter 3 : Amalgamation
Season 5 Chapter 4 : Merry Christmas
Season 5 Chapter 5: My Villain Academia

Season 4 Chapter 8 : Bright Future

285 14 3
By ChildOfBeast13

Standing in front of Chisaki with Eri on his back was Rex Salazar who has now fully transformed into the armor he used against All For One. Chisaki looks down at the hero as he gets into his fighting stance.

Chisaki : Neither you nor Eri knows the value of her power. Quirks progress markedly when you develop them. By conducting countless experiments, I extracted Eri's power and succeeded in bringing it to its end point. As a result, it doesn't stop at simply winding back the flesh. It winds back on a much greater scale. It rewinds the course of the species to its unmutated form.

Chisaki commands his monstrous form to raise its arm in the air and brings it down as he destroys a building next to him.

Chisaki : That's the kind of power Eri possesses. The power to annihilate Quirk factors and turn humans back to normal! Enough power to destroy this world built upon Quirks— to destroy the natural order! That's Eri.

Chisaki's giant hands finally reach the ground as he uses his Quirk to disassemble all of the spikes and turn them into dust.

Chisaki : You don't know Eri's value! A punk like you can't exploit an asset like her!

Chisaki then creates multiple large spikes and sends them towards Rex and Eri with incredible speed. Rex remains silent while Eri closes her eyes in fear as the hero raises his arm at the spikes and turns it into a cannon before firing a huge laser at the spikes, destroying them.

When the smoke starts to settle down, Chisaki soon sees Rex emerging out from the smoke with his left hand returned to normal. Chisaki was about to disassemble the nearby buildings to attack Rex once again, however, it was too late as Rex was already underneath him.

The hero then forms a high-tech boot on his right leg and cocks it back before swinging his leg at Chisaki's monstrous form with immense force as it was sent flying up into the air.

Rex looks up at the large villain that was sent flying up into the air as the machine that formed on his leg deactivates as his leg returns to normal.

Rex : ( This is awesome... I could've never thought of machines like this on my own. )

Suddenly, Rex starts to feel a slight headache as the memory of what just happened and everything before that was starting to blur. However, Eri's power grows even stronger as she rewinds Rex's body and rewinds the memory back to its full form.

Rex : ( Eri's power has gotten stronger. Chisaki said she doesn't know how to stop it, she doesn't know what he's doing, and she's just letting it all out. )

Rex looks up and sees Chisaki was still rising up into the air and sees the villain was getting ready to make his next move. The back of Rex's legs then open up as blue energy bursts out from the openings as he levitates off the ground before flying up into the air as he looks over at Chisaki.

Chisaki puts both of his large hands on his monstrous body and uses his Quirk to disassemble his monstrous body made from Katsukame. Rex watches the villain with an angry glare as he sees flesh spinning around Chisaki who was about to reassemble himself into a new form.

Chisaki : *irritated* Why won't anyone... look at the big picture? What I'm going to tear down is this word— it's very framework! Your justice is small. You only see what's in front of you. It's mere sentimentalism. You hero pretenders... Stay out of my way!

Chisaki then reassembles himself using parts from Katsukame and creates arms and legs for himself.

Chisaki attempts to grab Rex and as he was about to reach the hero, his hand was suddenly sliced apart in the blink of an eye, confusing Chisaki and suddenly, the rest of his body parts were cut off as a blue and black blur passed by the villain.

Not fully grasping what just happened, Chisaki knew that Rex was the one who was responsible for his arms and legs' destruction. Chisaki activates his Quirk once again and turns around to attack Rex once again but soon sees that he was nowhere to be found.

Rex : If I can't save...

Chisaki looks up to where the voice came from and sees that Rex was levitating above him and was looking down at the villain.

Rex : ...the one small girl in front of me...

Rex then raises both his arms at Chisaki as his arms start to glow blue before transforming into cannons once again before firing powerful at Chisaki, destroying the villain's arms and legs once again. Chisaki, who was starting to become even more irritated, uses his Quirk to reassemble his monstrous form from earlier and attempts to attack.

However, before Chisaki could reach Rex, six panels emerge from Rex's body as he commands them to aim down at Chisaki as he aims his two cannons at Chisaki once again and opens fire.

Suddenly at the same time that Rex opened fire with the cannons around his arms the panels floating around him fired off eight powerful laser blasts destroying Chisaki's monstrous body that was below him. Rex then continues his attack as he continues to shoot even more lasers down at Chisaki.

Rex : ...how can I become...

Chisaki's body starts to fall down further through the air with incredible speed as parts of his body were instantly destroyed by Rex's powerful lasers and burst all over the place.

As Chisaki continues to fall downwards he soon sees a blue spark of energy out of the corner of his eye and looks up to see Rex who was levitating right above him with a furious expression as he cocks his fist back.

Rex : ...a hero who protects everyone?!

Rex with no mercy or restraint lets all of his rage and strength into his arm and punches Chisaki in the face with incredible strength. Rex then quickly passes by Chisaki with incredible speed as Chisaki's monstrous body shatters from the impact.

Rex then circles in front of Chisaki as he joins his two legs together as the nanites around his feet combine and creates one big thruster. He then activates the thruster as he flies down towards Chisaki with supersonic speed before he straightens himself and aims his feet and forms a battering ram around his feet.

Finally, mere inches away, Rex kicks Chisaki's monstrous form with incredible strength and speed and sends the villain crashing down towards the ground.

Back on the ground, Nighteye was able to reach up to the surface thanks to Uraraka's help as they soon saw that there was a large cloud that was covering the area in dust, leaving Uraraka worried about Rex.

Uraraka : Rex!

Nighteye looks up at the scene as the cloud of dust starts to settle down while thinking about the future he saw.

Uraraka : Nighteye?

Nighteye : I-I saw it... Chisaki succeeded in his escape, and Rex lost his life.

Suddenly from the sky, a tall figure falls down from the sky before activating their thrusters to slow their descent before landing in the cloud of dust. Nighteye and Uraraka then see a figure while they also see a bit of yellow light.

When the cloud of dust started to settle down, Uraraka and Nighteye were soon able to see the situation clearly. They both see Rex standing in front of an unconscious Chisaki while he still had Eri on his back.

Nighteye : I... did not see... the future.

Nighteye looks at Rex and the fallen Chisaki in shock as he couldn't believe that the future he was seeing in front of him was different from the one he saw using his Quirk, Foresight.

Nighteye : ( Does that mean... it can be changed? )

Nighteye then remembers back to when Rex was about to fight Chisaki and his words about twisting the future as he looks at the hero and starts to have a small smile.

Rex then glances over at Eri and checks on the little girl to make sure she was okay after over exerting herself with her Quirk.

Rex : Eri, are you hurt—

Suddenly, Eri's Quirk goes out of control and envelops Rex in a yellow light as the armor on his body disappears.

Rex : ( Eri's Quirk is getting stronger...! )

As Rex falls onto his hands and knees, he tries to endure Eri's Quirk while Chisaki who was still unconscious shouts a battle cry and raises his monstrous hand with only his willpower. Chisaki then reaches his giant hand out to Rex and Eri.

Chisaki's hand soon falls onto the two, but suddenly, Eri's Quirk effects Chisaki's monstrous body and courses throughout his entire body and rewinds his body as he and Katsukame become unmerged.

As Chiskai starts to fall through the air, Uraraka jumps into the air while using her Quirk as she restrains Chisaki using Gunhead Martial Arts.

Uraraka : Gunhead Martial Arts!

From the hole that connected the underground and the surface, Ryukyu climbs out of it carrying Midoriya, Tsuyu who was holding Aizawa as the pro hero was under the effects of Kurono's Quirk, and Tamaki who was holding an injured and unconscious Mirio.

Ryukyu : Uravity, what's the situation?

Uraraka : Nighteye is in the back! We've called for residents in the vicinity to evacuate! *worried* Rex's fighting Chisaki! But... something seems off!

Everyone looks over to where Rex was and sees that he was on the ground while enveloped by yellow light and black sparks of lightning. Suddenly, blue streaks spread throughout Rex's body while he was letting out blue sparks of electricity.

Eri : ( No...! Stop... He's going to die! )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ In Eri's head ]

Chisaki : Each and every one action you take...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eri : ( No!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ In Eri's head ]

Chisaki : ... kills people... You're cursed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tears then form in Eri's eyes as she desperately begs for her Quirk to stop.

Eri : ( Stop... Stop...! )

Everyone looks at Rex helplessly as they had no idea how they were supposed to help him get out of this situation. Suddenly, Tsuyu feels Aizawa raise his finger as she understands what he wanted her to do as she aims his head over at Rex and Eri.

Aizawa : ( Sorry, Salazar! )

Aizawa activates his Quirk and erases Eri's Quirk causing it to stop its rampage as the little girl falls but Rex was able to catch her just in time as Rex stops sparking as the blue streaks shrink and disappear.

Uraraka : I-It's over...

Tamaki : Is it?

================================================================================

[ Small Time Skip ]

After the fight with Chisaki, Ryukyu gave out orders to the police to call the ambulance and still keep an eye out for the League of Villains who still might be around the area.

The ambulances finally arrived and were carrying the injured heroes while the police arrested the Hassaikai members and led them into police vans. Rex was holding Eri who suddenly got a high fever in his hand and was about to hand her to one of the paramedics.

Rex : She started getting feverish after passing out...

Police Chief : Let's take her to the hospital for now. And you, too.

Rex : Yes, sir.

Paramedic : His pulse is dropping! Hurry!

Rex turns his head and sees two paramedics who were carrying Nighteye over to an ambulance on a stretcher as he runs over to him.

Rex : Sir!

Nighteye : Rex...

Nighteye looks up at Rex and thinks about how he twisted the future and defeated Chisaki.

Nighteye : ( This is a different future from the one I saw. I don't understand why it happened, but he made my wish into a reality... )

Nighteye musters up some of his remaining strength and starts to speak to Rex.

Nighteye : Rex... you twisted the future...

Hearing those words from Nighteye, Rex was about to shed some tears but managed to hold them in.

Rex : All Might said he would live! He said he couldn't face you... You should definitely see him! See him, and— So, please hang in there!

One of the paramedics gently pushes Rex back.

Paramedic : We're in a hurry. Please stay back.

The two paramedics then put Nighteye inside the ambulance as they drove off to the hospital as fast as they could.

Ryukyu : Salazar. There are many injured, so this isn't the time to celebrate without restraint. But... *turns to Rex and smiles* Thanks.

And so, the battle to save a single girl has finally come to an end. With half the heroes and police down from the life force stealing Quirk of Shie Hassaikai member, Rikiya Katsukame, those who could move joined the local heroes and checked the damage.

All the U.A. students were being taken to a nearby hospital except for Nejire who was one of the people helping out the local heroes.

Local Hero #1 : From Chisaki's dismantling, four houses or buildings collapsed. But in terms of casualties were only thee with minor injuries, and they were all just scratches. It helped that it was a weekday morning in a residential area, but that's pretty miraculous.

Nejire overhears the local hero as she flies down to the two local heroes with her Quirk.

Nejire : Hey, hey, you know what? Half of that was thanks to Rex.

Local Hero #1 : Rex?

Nejire : I was exhausted and about to fall over, but I saw. He sent the huge Chisaki flying into the air, and then slammed him back down near the big hole. He fought trying not to damage more than he needed to. That's hard when they're huge!

================================================================================

Meanwhile, those who were injured in the fight were transported to a nearby university hospital. Currently, Rex was sitting on a chair with his shirt off, and was undergoing a physical exam with a doctor.

Doctor : I examined your whole body, and there seems to be nothing out of the ordinary.

Rex : Thank you very much.

Doctor : Are you sure you were injured during the fight? You're not showing any signs of—

Rex : More importantly, where's everyone else?

Aizawa : I went to check on them.

Rex looks over to the right and sees Aizawa who walked into the room.

Rex : *happily* Mr. Aizawa! What about your injuries?

Aizawa : I had ten stitches. Come with me.

Rex puts his shirt back on as he follows Aizawa through the halls.

Aizawa : Sorry I couldn't be with you when it counted.

Rex : It's all right. Anyway, how's everyone else?

Aizawa : Kirishima has bruises and lacerations on his whole body, but he'll live. Amajiki cracked a bone in his face, but none of his injuries will leave a scar. Fat Gum has broken bones in a few places, but he seems fine. Luckily, the blade that stabbed Rock Lock didn't hit any vital organs, so his wound won't develop into anything serious. Midoriya has a leg injury, but Recovery Girl healed him up so it won't be serious.

Rex : *relieved* I'm so glad... Um, what about Eri?

Aizawa : She's still feverish and sleeping. She's being quarantined right now.

Rex : Quarantined... So, I can't even see her?

Aizawa : Apparently, it was decided based on the information we got from you about her. She can't control her Quirk that rewinds people. If something activates it again, I'm the only one that can stop her. You were able to touch her by using that machine you were using against Chisaki, right?

Rex : Yes.

Aizawa : You're lucky you have a machine that could withstand a Quirk like that, but I guess her Quirk rewound you back to normal state. There aren't many people who have the power to do that. Even if there was someone who could, if that girl's Quirk became powerful enough to surpass that...

Rex : Yeah, if you hadn't erased Eri's Quirk, I don't know what would've happened...

Aizawa : Since it didn't work on the buildings or the ground, but only on people, training to teach her control isn't something we can approach lightly. Thinking about her emotional state on top of the unknowns, right now, it would be the most logical to keep her quarantined. For her sake, as well. In other words, we cannot depend on her Quirk.

Rex : Huh?

The two reach at a revolving door.

Aizawa : All we can do is accept it. He also just arrive

The door then opens as Rex sees that Nighteye's sidekicks, Recovery Girl and All Might were in the room.

Rex : All Might...! And Recovery Girl... Why...?

Bubble Girl : *starts crying* I called them... because... Sir was always talking about All Might...

Centipede : *hands handkerchief* Awata.

Doctor #2 : There's nothing else that can be done... Honestly... it's mysterious how he's even alive...

Recovery Girl : There's nothing I can do with my healing at this point...

Rex's eyes widen in shock as he realizes who the two were talking about but didn't want to believe it was true.

Doctor #2 : Unfortunately, I don't think he will live to see tomorrow...

Rex and All Might walk into the next room and see Nighteye who was lying in a bed while hooked up to various medical equipment.

All Might : Nighteye...

Nighteye hears All Might's voice as he opens his eye and sees the former number one hero standing next to his bed.

Nighteye : All Might... You finally feel like seeing me... on my deathbed...?

All Might : There's nothing I can say to that... I've done terrible things to you...

Nighteye : You're being... very respectful... I don't resent you at all. Because all I wanted was for you to be happy... If you've decided to fight, then—

All Might : You should fight, too! Please let me atone for all I've done until now...

Nighteye : There's nothing to atone for... I wanted to change the future where you were killed, I kept looking for ways to change it... But it was to no avail... But today, Rex showed me. I think it might have to do with energy... A strong vision with no room for doubt. Energy that wished for a future. I'm sure it wasn't just Rex. Everyone believed strongly in it and brought it together. So I thought it could be the result of that energy converging on Rex... and being released... The future is uncertain—

Rex : You're right! Nothing is ever set in stone! Just because something is gonna happen, doesn't mean we can't try our hardest to try and stop it. So, come on...! Twist this future and live! I still want you to train me and make me even stronger than I am right now! You said you would train me to the best of your ability! So please, live!

Rex puts his hand on the railing of Nighteye's bed as he puts his hand on Nighteye's chest and tries to use his technokinesis on the hospital equipment.

Rex : Maybe if I hook myself up to all this equipment, there could be a chance that I can save you!

Rex continues to use his technokinesis on the equipment in an attempt to save his mentor while tears were streaming down his face. However, Rex wasn't able to make the situation any better even with his powers.

Rex : Why...? Why isn't it working?! Damn it. Damn it. Damn it! Am I too weak?

Nighteye weakly raises his hand and puts it on top of Rex's head as he gives the hero a reassuring smile.

Nighteye : You're far from weak, Rex... You were able to twist a dark future and defeat Chisaki by yourself. You have changed my thinking... That's enough for me. My only regret is...

Suddenly, Rex and All Might hear footsteps walking towards them and some familiar voices shouting.

Mirio : Sir!

Midoriya : Nighteye!

Rex : Togata...!

All Might : Young Midoriya...

Midoriya who had bandages wrapped around his leg and Mirio who had a cast on his leg then limp over to Nighteye's bed.

Mirio : You can't! Please, live! You can't die!

Midoriya : Togata's right! Live! Do your best!

Nighteye : Mirio... Midoriya... *to Mirio* You suffered so much because of me... If only... I had been...

Mirio : *crying* It was... because you taught me that I was able to become strong! It was because you taught me that I'm living like this now! Please, teach me more!

Nighteye : ( Mirio... Forgive me... At first, I only lured you in as a vessel for One For All. But you followed me and believed in me, and before I knew it, you became my pride... Mirio, you'll be... )

Nighteye then uses the last of his strength to raise his hand and puts it on Mirio's head and activates Foresight one last time as he sees into Mirio's future.

Nighteye : ...fine... You'll become a finer hero than anyone else... This is the only future... that shouldn't be changed.

Nighteye : So, smile... Smile... A society without cheer and humor... will not have... a bright future...

Everyone in the room continues to cry as Nighteye's eyes become lifeless and the heart monitor hooked up to him changes to a flatline.

================================================================================

It was the next day and all the U.A. students except for Mirio were able to go back to school, but before they were able to go back the police took them to the police station so they could answer some questions about the Shie Hassaikai incident.

With the police inquiry and paperwork continuing one after another, Rex and his friends didn't end up getting back to the dorm until after dark. Currently, Rex was walking with Kirishma and Midoriya to the dorms until they heard someone call their names.

Uraraka : Deku! Rex! Kirishima!

Kirishima : Uraraka, Tsu!

Midoriya : Did you two just get back, too?

Uraraka : Yeah.

Tsuyu : There was a lot of paperwork to do at Ryukyu's office.

Rex : We had a bunch, too.

Uraraka : *looks at dorm* It feels... like we haven't been back here in a long time.

Tsuyu : Yeah.

Kirishima : Let's go.

The five students then walk up to their dorm and then open the door. When they walk through the door, they see that their classmates were all in the common space area.

Mineta : They're back. Those guys are back!

Everyone in Class A then rush over to the work study students with worried expressions on their faces.

Yaoyorozu : We were all worried about you.

Ashido : Yeah, yeah!

Kaminari : We saw the news!

Sero : Looked like you had a tough time!

Mineta : Are you okay?

Aoyama : You troublesome kids.

Kaminari : With Kamino and this time, you guys keep getting involved with some crazy stuff! It's scary, you know!

Midoriya : S-Sorry...

The students surround the five work study students and try to make them feel at ease while expressing their worry for them, but suddenly Iida gets in between them and speaks up.

Iida : Everyone! I know that you're worried, but calm down! You saw on the news, didn't you? A lot has happened to them. If you're their classmates, you should console them and let them rest quietly. Because I'm sure it's not just their bodies— their spirits must also be worn down.

Midoriya : Iida, Iida.

Iida then turns around to Midoriya.

Midoriya : Thanks. But... It's fine.

Iida : *adjusts glasses* Then, if I may.

Iida walks over to Midoriya and grabs him by the shoulders and starts to shake him back and forth.

Iida : I was extremely worried about you guys! Jeez, you guys! You guys!

Sero : You're being the most violent.

Yaoyorozu : I'll make some lavender herb tea. It'll ease all of your spirits.

Yaoyorozu quickly hurries to the kitchen to make some tea for the work study students while Rex was happy to be with his friends again.

Jiro : Hey.

Rex turns his head and sees that Jiro was walking up to him with her hands behind her back.

Jiro : You've been through a lot, huh... Are you okay?

Rex : Yeah, I'm fine. I feel so much better now.

Jiro sees Rex's smile as she felt relieved to see that her friend was feeling much better and was back to his normal self.

================================================================================

[ Time Skip ]

Thanks to Iida and the others, the interns also went back to their rooms promptly and each had time to reflect by themselves. Rex only overheard a little how Kirishima and the others were, but he knew that a lot had happened. No, too much happened.

Currently, Rex was sitting on his bed and playing video games on his game console as he remembers everything that happened to him and his friends. Even though his body was tired, that day, he couldn't really fall asleep.

Suddenly, he hears someone knock on his door as he pauses the game and tells the person to come in.

Rex : Come in.

The door opens as it was revealed that Jiro was the one who had knocked on his door.

Rex : Jiro? What's up?

Jiro : Just wanted to check on you.

Jiro closes the door behind her as she sits next to Rex on his bed as he takes off his headphones and puts down the controller.

Jiro : Aren't you tired?

Rex : Yeah, but I can't really sleep right now, even though I'm tired.

Jiro : Are you going to be okay?

Rex : Yeah, I think so.

Rex looks over at Jiro and sees that she was looking at him with a hint of a glare as she didn't seem satisfied with that answer. Rex then looks down at his hand and opens his mouth and starts to talk.

Rex : Then again, I'm probably not. Back then... When I first started this work study... was there more I could've done? I... With my hands, held Eri... and I just let her go. Maybe if I had chased after her back then, I could've saved her and prevented all this. If I did chase after her, I could've saved her earlier, I could've saved Nighteye from dying...

Rex soon starts to feel frustrated towards himself and his own weakness as he grips his hand into a fist and clenches it tightly. Jiro sees this and puts her hand on Rex's fist and holds it with her hands causing Rex to unclench his fist.

Jiro : I wasn't there, but I know you did everything you could. I won't tell you to be positive right away, but don't sit on this for too long or it'll eat away at you. I don't think Nighteye or Eri would want that.

Rex : *chuckles* You're right.

Jiro : And you'll make me even more worried about you. *pouts* Seeing you all depressed and sad is enough to make me worry, so quit doing it.

Rex : *looks down* Sorry.

Jiro : But I understand that you couldn't tell me because of the gag order. I'm just glad you came back in one piece. Can you do me a favor?

Rex : Sure, anything. It's the least I can do.

Jiro raises one of her hands and puts it on Rex's face as she raises his head before she kisses him on the cheek. This slightly shocked Rex causing him to blush as he looks over at Jiro and sees that she was blushing too.

Jiro : Get some sleep. We have normal classes tomorrow.

Rex : *smiles* Okay.

Jiro stands up from Rex's bed and walks over to the door and leaves Rex's room but not before waving goodbye to him. The second that Jiro closed the door, Rex quietly celebrates as he thrusts his arm in the air as Jiro was smiling while walking happily back to her room. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 1K 41
In a world where 70 percent of the population are born with superpowers called quirks, there are two professions. These are heroes and villains. Gran...
87 0 15
In a world where 80% of our population has powers called "Quirks" that range from thousands of abilities like super strength, fire manipulation, cryo...
8.2K 209 12
It all started in Qing Qing City, located in China. A newborn baby manifested the ability to radiate light from its body. After this was reported, ma...
135 1 11
It started off slowly. A single child born with an unnatural ability. Soon they became more common, these powers. We called her quirks. These days, e...