Feelings Don't Just Fade - a...

By GatsbyGirl97

They covered up their feelings for so long, until the one night that changed everything. A few years later th... More

Just A Little Note :)
1: Little Do You Know
2: Heaven is a Place
3: We Belong
4: All I Want
5: Arms
6: Where Do We Go From Here?
7: Heat Waves
8: Hold You
9: Favorite T-Shirt
10: Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby
11: Anything She Says
12: Somebody to Die For
13: As Long As You're Mine
14: Breathe
15: Beautiful
16: We Could Have It All
17: I'm With You
18: Home
19: Devotion
20: Kisses Down Low
21: All Mine
22: New York City Rhythm
23: Photograph
24: She's Everything
26: Shower
27: You're Gonna Be
28: Ends of the Earth
29: Safe & Sound
30: Just AKiss
Author's Note
31: All I Need
32: All I Want for Christmas is You
33: Once in a Lifetime

25: It's All Coming Back to Me Now

964 16 0
By GatsbyGirl97

*Monday Morning*
*Chen*

Lucy was still in awe from the other day and she couldn't stop staring at her ring. It was phenomenal, Tim had done well, though she was sure he had to have had help. The thought of him trying to do it alone made her smile, laugh even.

Monday morning she helped get the girls ready while Tim did his thing, but she also made breakfast for everyone. "I'm pretty good at this whole housewife thing." She spoke to herself in the kitchen, she looked around at all she had accomplished with her hands on her hips.

"Don't get too used to it, Chen. You're too good at your job." Tim told her as he walked into the kitchen. Lucy turned and handed him a mug full of steaming black coffee. "You made coffee?" She nodded, kissing his cheek.

"Well, duh. Here's cup number one, and I have your thermos ready to go to the station."

He smiled brightly at her. "You are simply amazing."

"I know." Lucy flipped her hair over her shoulder.

After breakfast Tim and Lucy left in his truck to head to work. There was no sense in driving separately, unless Tim had to work nights for any reason. They drove in their typical fashion for a while, Tim focused on the road with a hand on her thigh and Lucy singing to the radio. "I think it's high time Tamara get her own car. Thoughts?" She brought us the topic casually. Tim nodded.

"I think that's a brilliant idea. She's been babysitting kids other than Jaclyn, right?"

Lucy nodded. "Yeah, she's got some money saved up. But, I was thinking we could help too. Maybe matching how much she has saved."

Tim pondered her words carefully, he was quiet for several moments. "That sounds reasonable, sure." Pursing his lips together, he nodded. Lucy could tell he was mocking her slightly, she slapped him playfully on the arm.

"I'm being serious. I'm sure she's tired of sharing my car with me. And other than the cars she stole before I found her, she's never had a car of her own."

"Other than Jake's drug car, you mean?" They both laughed, before Tim continued. "But seriously, Detective, I think it's a great idea and very parent-like of you." She laughed again, everything he said made her smile, even if he wasn't trying to be funny. It was Tim alone that made her smile and laugh at the drop of a hat. It had always been him, even when they were apart. It had been hard to forget him though, there was so much of him in Jaclyn.

She was pulled from her thoughts as Tim parked the truck at the station. "We also have her college graduation coming up soon, I haven't heard of her plans after..." Lucy worried allowed as they walked into Mid-Wilshire hand in hand.

"We can talk about that with her later honey. T is a smart girl, and now is not the time for super emotions. Get your head in the game."

"There's the Bradford I know." She kissed his cheek as she made her way to her desk area while he went to change.

*Bradford*

Once in uniform, Tim made his way to Sergeant Grey's office. Whatever had been concerning his superior the other day hadn't quite escaped his mind. Tim had done as Grey had told him to, he went home and celebrated his engagement to Lucy with his family, but now it was back to business.

He approached Wade's office before roll call, the door was open but Tim wasn't one to just barge in. He knocked twice. Sergeant Grey looked up from the paperwork on his desk. Removing his glasses he gestured for the younger Sergeant to enter. "What can I do for you, Bradford?" He sat back, crossing his legs.

Tim entere, closing the door behind him. "The other night, after I proposed to Luce, you had that worried look on your face, you told me that you didn't want to ruin the night. Sarge, what's going on?"

Grey pinched the bridge of his nose. "I didn't think you'd let that go.." Tim glared down at him from his standing position. "Night shift spotted Delilah and Katarina out shopping the other night." Tim didn't miss the exaggeration he had put on the word shopping.

"Were they accompanied by bodyguards?"

"I'm sure they were, but it was Smitty leading the team, so we know they might have been there."

"What was their target shopping target?"

"Most of the fifth floor of Saks Fifth..." Tim nodded, that was a very high end shopping store.

"And no one stopped them, because of the large men and how they were dressed, they are very attractive women." Tim continued on for him. Grey simply nodded, tapping his nose.

"Bingo Bradford." Tim sighed.

"I knew I didn't trust her from the first day you assigned her to me. She asked more questions than Chen did when she was my Boot, and they were the most specific questions.."

"Hey, not every round of Rookie T.O matchup works..." Tim chuckled at Sergeant Grey's words, he had a point there.

"Very right you are sir. Umm did night shift at least follow the women? We do need locations?" He paused thinking about things. "But, why are we still watching them, sir? We got Alex and Ivan Petrov. The Russians should be, at least at a stand still for the moment."

"I'll explain more in roll call.." Sergeant Grey nodded, gesturing to the door and stood. Tim moved to the door and moved aside for his boss to exit before him. He followed Grey to the room full of officers and stood off to Grey's side in the front.

"As many of you know Sergeant Bradford and Detective Chen took down Ivan and Alex Petrov as Jake and Sava. What we failed to take care of were the wives. As you all should know, it's generally the wives who make the calls, whispering in the man's ear behind closed doors. We don't think that Katarina poses too great of a threat but, we will have Detective Harper and Thorsen going to question her. Chen has notes on her, so Thorsen you'll grab those." Grey paused, looking over his next page of notes.

"However, Delilah is the one we are truly concerned with. You may remember that Delilah, or as we knew her, Officer Presley, posed as Sergeant Bradfords' rookie. We don't know what all information she got from us during her brief time with the LAPD. But, we can be assured that she is most likely armed.."

"And a bit of a deranged lunatic.." Nyla snorted from the back.

Grey cleared his throat. "As I was saying, we need to be careful with questioning her. O she seems to really take a liking to Sergeant Bradford, so we will be sending him. Nolan, you and your rookie will go with him." Lucy rolled her eyes at the first part of Grey's mini speech there, of course Delilah had clearly taken a liking to her fiancé... Tim saw this happen, but thankfully she was in the back of the room and Grey didn't bother calling her out on it.

"Bradford, do you have anything to add?" Tim shook his head in response to Grey. "Okay, then that's it. Everyone be safe out there. Thorsen don't forget to grab notes from Detective Chen." Everyone cleared the room for the most part, heading out to do their jobs. Tim watched Lucy disappear out the back doors of the room with Harper and Thorsen, he still wasn't used to her being her and not riding with him. He absolutely loved having her back, but it didn't feel quite the same.  Not that he would complain, she was good at her job and he just felt lucky to have her back.

He got to work with Nolan and Officer Juarez, she was quite the talker just like Nolan, he could see why they worked well together... until they went to his shop. "Why does it smell like weed in here?" His face pinched up in disgust.

"Shit." Nolan whispered behind him.

Tim turned around, arms crossed and an eyebrow raised. "Anyone want to tell me why my shop smells like marijuana?"

"Umm, sir, it's entirely possible that Celina saged the shop, she has a habit of doing such. Even though I've discussed with her why that's not okay." This time he crossed his arms and looked at his Boot.

"It just seemed to me that you were stressed this morning and Officer Nolan told me you have a habit of being a tad bit grum..."

"Okay Celina, thank you, that's enough explaining." Nolan cut her off. Had Nolan told her that I was grumpy? Tim eyed Nolan, with a raised brow and a glare.

"We will get this cleaned up for you right away."

"You have ten minutes." Tim stalked off, back into the station. He found Lucy sitting at her desk across from Harper's. She couldn't help but laugh when she looked up and saw his face.

"Did you get saged too?" She couldn't hold back her laugh.

"Nolan told Celina I am grumpy." He pouted.

"Well Tim Bradford is known as being a stubborn, grumpy, hard-ass if nothing else."

Tim continued to pout. "That's no reason to make my shop smell like marijuana."

"Oh, get over it. Don't be too emotional. Get your head in the game. That's what we are here to do." She used his words against him, smirking.

He rolled his eyes, stalking away from her too. He couldn't wait for Lopez to come back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 787 21
Lucy Chen is off to undercover school and Tim misses her more than he wants to admit. He knows he said they should be apart but one little text woul...
20.1K 255 20
Different stories of y/n and rookie characters. Most will be just friendly ones but if you want a romance one just ask. We'll see.
5.2K 122 3
Tim and Lucy have a fight. Before they have a chance to resolve it, Lucy is swept into a hostage situation. This story is full of angst and shows a v...
17.9K 275 37
Lucy and Tim's relationship is put to the test as they have to navigate this new adventure... together. Through thick and thin, the ups and downs, ca...