The Billionaire Playboy's War...

By faddiemanzi

Isabella Stanford never thought that one day she would have the Playboy Billionaire hottie for a guardian but... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Epilogue
Valentine Special 2014

Chapter Twenty-Three

401K 7.5K 429
By faddiemanzi

Isabella woke up at the sweet aroma of breakfast. She inhaled deeply and felt hot and soft lips against her cheek then down to her neck and naked shoulder.

“Mhhh...” she purred and stretched before she opened her eyes. She could get used to this, she thought as she drank in Liam's morning look; sexy neat hair, a freshly shaved chin, bright eyes and an overly covered body? Isabella frowned at the charcoal suit Liam was wearing and the fresh smell of a good long morning shower. “Good morning.”

“Do you have any idea how beautiful you look in the morning?” He went back to work on her shoulder with his teeth.

Shivers rode up Isabella's spine. “You made me breakfast?”

He shrugged his broad shoulders. “I heated up what Stella packed in my freezer.”

Isabella giggled as Liam reached for the tray and placed it on Isabella's lap. “I could really get used to the new and improved Liam.”

“Me too.” Liam kissed her lightly and sighed. “Unfortunately I have a press conference in two hours.” He looked down at the alarm clock.

Isabella's folk stopped halfway as she watch him warily. “What are you going to say? You know everyone has been waiting for this eversince that bomb from Audrey blew up on us.”

Liam nodded somberly. “I'm going to tell the truth. I'm tired of hiding who I am and where I come from.”

All of a sudden Isabella's appetite evaporated. “Do you want me to come with you?”

“No!” Liam suddenly objected and Isabella's eyes widened in surprise. “I don't think I will be able to say a word if you are there. You are the one thing that could make me forget about the dark and twisted world and at this point in time I want to face it and just get it over with. I don't want you to be part of that.”

Isabella's sighed in surrender. And here she thought they were actually making progress on the support and trust issues. They were taking baby steps and showing Liam that she was stronger than she looked was going to take time! “Alright—call me when you need me, okay?”

“I will. I'll see you in a bit.” He placed a kiss on her forehead and she felt it all the way down to the soles of her feet. Damn her man made her hot! She watched him as he walked out and turned to her food. She just hoped that he was going to be alright.

Liam drove into his private parking and noticed the TV and radio vans parked in the underground parking. Good, he thought as he quickly texted his informer about his latest project on Audrey Walkins. She overstepped the border and it was about time she learned who was boss. Liam already secured a job position for his informer just in case something went wrong and he was discovered. It was far away from New York but he and his family were going to be covered entirely.

“Every thing's in order. I have everything you've asked for. Will meet up with you this evening after your conference results. E. Morris.” The text read.

Liam smiled grimly and went up his private elevator. Stefan was waiting for him in his office. He had the drenched dog look on his face. Liam knew exactly what Stefan was going to say and he didn't have time for this but he guessed now that he and Isabella were exclusive, he needed to clear the air with his best friend.

“Stefan.” He eyed the brooding man carefully.

Stefan nodded lightly and Liam could see the struggle on the man's face as he tried to come up with something to say. “Is it for real this time or should I prepare myself for another boxing round with you?”

Liam couldn't help but smile. “You sound wounded, Stef. It's not you.”

“It's never me when it comes to Isabella and I know the feeling is mutual with you too.” Stefan ground out softly. “I will not allow you to make her cry again like the way she did when you abandoned her. I need to know if you are all in, if this is it.”

This was it! This is exactly what Liam needed to fill up that gaping hole in his heart. There was nothing else without Isabella. Liam wanted to believe there was nothing going on between Isabella and Stefan but it was as clear as day. Stefan loved Isabella more than he was comfortable to admit but his love for her was more of a protector and not a lover. If he ever got his way of letting Isabella go on with her life and if she chose to be Stefan with then he wouldn't have worried about her protection and safety.

“This is it, Stef.” Liam finally sighed and looked up at his best friend.

Stefan's eyes widened in shock. “Are you for real?”

“I love Belle with all my heart, Stef even though it took me your crude warnings to snatch her for yourself to finally make me see what she really meant to me.” Liam didn't want to deny it anymore. He didn't want to hide it from the world. He wanted to stand on the highest skyscraper and just shout out his love for Isabella.

“Well, how about that, you egotistical son-of-a-bitch.” Stefan crossed his hands across his chest and shook his head lightly. “I love Isabella too, you know.” Liam nodded. “The only reason I haven't pursued her much more strongly was because she had already given you her heart—and soul. Sometimes I wished that I met her before you, then I would have saved her all the tears and heartaches.”

Liam doubted that very much. Stefan didn't want to face it but he was just like him. Stefan feared commitment and that was why he dated the forbidden women, women that other men tend to fear because they were strong on their own two feet. Isabella was forbidden to him too and that was what attracted him to her. Stefan might have committed to her—who knows, but what Liam knew was that he would have made her cry as much as he did before he committed. “I'm glad you didn't, Stef. No offense.”

Stefan shrugged his shoulders. “None taken. Just one thing Liam, I will always be that annoying shadow behind you that makes you look over your shoulder every time. Mess this one up and I'll not feel sorry for you.”

Liam grinned at his friend. “You never felt sorry for me. And that is caring in Stefanish. You care for me, Stefan.”

“Don't push your luck, Cornell boy!” Stefan growled even though his eyes sparkled with laughter.

“I hope you don't expect a hug from me or anything.” Liam eyed Stefan cautiously.

Stefan shook his head and extended out his hand. “I'm happy for you, man.”

Liam accepted the hand. “Thanks, Stef.”

“Now, let's get this over with.” Stefan breathed in lightly just as Michelle raced in. “Oh, by the way, Michelle Griffin, you are fired.”

Liam's eyebrows arched up as he followed Stefan out of his office towards the conference room. Michelle's face was as pale as paper as she turned on her heels and watched them leave.

“Why so harsh, Stefan? I thought I was the bad employer and you were the good one?” Liam asked.

“Michelle is not cut out for this. I just saved the rest of her life! She'll thank me one day for what i just did.” Stefan stated and smirked. “I'm taking Alexia Summers.”

Liam hummed grimly as they approached the conference room with Kimberly and Christy waiting eagerly outside and a couple of important people of the company. “I've also decided to finally take in a PA.” Liam turned to Stefan and said, “Joe Butler.”

Stefan's eyebrows shot up as they entered the conference room that buzzed with excitement from the reporters.

Isabella curled up on living room with Stella, Tamara and Lilith watching the press conference. She couldn't believe the support she got from the two girls who had become her friends. She was surprised when they came in that morning about thirty minutes after Liam had left. Lilith told her how they went to her penthouse and Manuela told them that she was at Liam's. Blush crept in her cheeks as the two girls eyed her knowingly but didn't mention anything.

“Liam Cornell and Stefan Marshal have just entered the conference room. This is what the United States had been waiting for, for the past two weeks! What is the fate of Liam Cornell? Let's now watch live from the VMS (Vergil-Marshal-Stanford) Headquarters.” A woman's voice came through as all the cameras were directed at the conference table ahead.

Isabella's heart burst in her ribs. Liam look fine as hell and he looked calm and collected. On one side, Stefan sat and the other Christy was doing the introductions. Mallory was also there and so was Christoph! What Christoph doing there? She wondered idly.

For the next two hours, Isabella, Lilith and Tamara were glued to that TV screen. Stella got up every now and then to get them some drinks and snacks but Isabella didn't want to even miss a second of it. Questions bombarded Liam like bullets. The questions were very personal and intimate, invading his privacy and laying it out for the public. Was she the only one who saw the pain in his eyes? How could people be so cruel! She wanted to fight the world for him, shield him from all this. She wondered how Audrey slept at night knowing she just ruined someone's life.

Liam answered all the questions as truthfully as he possibly could. He was the all-business Liam. All his emotions were put aside except for the pain of remembering his past. He accepted that he was the son of Cuthbert Cornell. He accepted that he was the son of a crime lord. He denied ever killing his father. He explained why he buried his past. Still, more and more questions sprouted. Even Christoph was given the chance to read out the rulings of Liam's case of the murder of his father. He also read out the reports written about Isabella's parent's plane crush.

A lot of people backed up Liam showing just how much they cared for him. Even Stefan, although he wasn't asked anything questions, his mere presence was enough to show Liam how much he cared for and loved him.

“There, there, dear.” Isabella felt the tissue dabbing her cheeks and realized that she was crying.

“Thanks, Stella.” She sniffed and placed her head on Stella's shoulder.

There was a knock on the door and Stella quickly went to answer it.

“Thank you, Robert.” She smiled warmly as the chauffeur and accepted the shopping bags from him.

“Mr. Vergil had Robert get you a change of clothes—i hope you don't mind.”

Isabella looked down at the oversized sweats and her camisole and smiled. “Thank you Robert!” she shouted at the leaving chauffeur.

Robert grinned and nodded then left.

“I'm glad.” Lilith sighed. “Because I didn't want to be seen in public with you dressed like that!”

Both Isabella and Tamara giggled just as the conference came into a conclusion.

“Americans and the rest of the world have learned of who Liam Cornell truly is but will they accept him? What fate lies for the Billionaire Playboy? Stay tuned as we go through the highlights of what made headlines this week.”

Isabella changed the channel and turned to Tamara and Lilith. “Wanna get out of here?”

Both girls nodded.

“I'll go a change then.” Isabella made her way to the bedroom not being able to shake away the thought of Liam's future. But he was going to be alright, that much she knew. He was strong and he had a strong woman standing beside him. The thought made her smile. She already missed him but she knew it was a couple of hours more until everything was done at work. During that time, she needed a distraction.

Isabella peeped into the bags and smiled. There was a trendy pair of blue jeans, a beautiful caramel and white scooped neckline blouse and white summer sandals. After changing, she met up with Lilith and Tamara and soon the girls were off in Lilith's convertible silver Mercedes.

Liam got rid of his tie and jacket then settled on his chair and eyed Christoph. The older man's eyes shone with menace and it made him smile. “How's Richard?”

“I have no idea.” Christoph rubbed his hand over his face and tsked. “You know, sometimes I think I'm punishing that boy for something that was never his fault. I mean this is Audrey we are talking about. I did some background check on her and I have no idea why you hooked up with her in the first place? She is poisonous! Every wealthy man who had hooked up with her for the past five years is out of the A-list. She's like a black widow.”

“It was strictly business but when she changed the rules, so did I.” Liam's jaws twitched in anger. “I didn't want to go to Carlos Miguel. I knew Walkins needed him to save his company but I did when Audrey decided to demand things that were not part of the contract. I should have had her checked.”

“I'm dropping charges on Richard. He doesn't deserve this but I think he's learned his lesson.” Christoph stated. “I just hope you can take care of Audrey before she ruins someone else's life.”

Liam smiled. “Leave that to me.”

Christoph nodded and Christy knocked and entered Liam's office.

“Well, that's done.” She slumped on one of the chairs.

“Thank you, Christy.” Liam said sincerely.

Christy rolled her eyes. “I didn't do all this for you, even though you are my boss and you pay me well.” then she turned her eyes to Christoph.

“Guess I better get going. I have a lunch date with my wife.” Christoph cleared his throat and got up. He shook hands with Liam then wished Christy a good day before he left.

Once the door was closed, Christy turned to Liam. “I did all this because of Isabella. She's a good girl, perfectly made for you. Now, I know it's none of my business but I can tell that, that girl is head over heels in love with you. You need to sort yourself out and do the best thing for you and for her.”

Liam nodded. “You're right Christy. It's none of your business.”

A smile touched Christy's lips. “You know, there's still time for me to nominate you as the worst employer of the year. You know I could!”

“But you wouldn't...and do you know why, Christy?” Liam smiled back. “Because you care too much for me.”

Christy snorted inelegantly but she didn't deny it. “You have some nerve rubbing that on my face.”

“I can because I am Liam Vergil.” Liam answered arrogantly.

Christy frowned slightly. “What about Liam Cornell? Everyone is calling you that now?”

Liam shrugged softly. He never thought he was ever going to use his father's name. “It'll take a while to get used to it. In the meantime, I like my mother's name better.”

“Good for you. Well, I better get going. I'm traveling for the weekend. I'm going to catch up with my parents and my younger sister just got a baby. I'm an aunt!” She exclaimed lightly. “I'll see you on Monday.”

“No, Christy. I'll see you in two weeks. Isabella and I are traveling too. We need to get away from all this for a while. And congratulations on the aunt thing.” Liam replied.

Christy nodded. “Thanks. Uhm—have you tried to talk to Audrey about what happened?”

“We don't have anything to say to each other.” There was nothing more he could say about Audrey.

“I hope it will work better at the end.” Christy said wistfully.

“I know it will.”

Christy grinned. “Good bye, Liam Vergil.”

“Good bye, Christina Behr.” Liam grinned back.

After a nice day with Lilith and Tamara, Isabella went back to her apartment to get a change of clothes then had Desmond bring her back to Liam's place. Reporters were still loitering outside the building so they had to park in the underground parking and sneak inside. Stella was just removing a pie from the oven when she entered the apartment.

“I hope you are hungry. I just finished making lunch.” Stella said.

Isabella groaned. “I had something to eat but I don't mind having a piece of that pie. It smells delicious!”

“Coming right up.” Stella smiled.

Isabella removed her shoes and as she made her way into the bedroom, Liam walked out and the two of them met at the door.

“Hey.” He smiled down at her.

Oh goodness, he was hot! “Hey.” She answered shyly.

Liam peeped around her. “What's with the bag?”

“A change of clothes for the next few days.” She shrugged though her heart was racing.

“Why don't I get Robert to get your clothes and stuff back in here. I want you to move back in.” Liam suggested as he caressed the locks around her face.

Isabella bit her lower lip. “Very tempting, Liam but I think we should get used to the dating idea first.”

Liam frowned. “We lived together before.”

“But we weren't dating back then. Besides, I want to have time to miss you and anticipate being close to you again.” She reached up and placed a kiss on his lips. “I missed you.”

Liam's arms went around her and held her close. A groan escaped his lips as he deepened the kiss. “Not as much as I did.” he said between the kiss.

“You must be exhausted.” Isabella sighed when he finally let her go. “I watched the press conference with Lilith and Tamara. You were great.”

“You sound like a proud mother.” Liam teased her placing a kiss on her nose.

Isabella squirmed against him. Oh, how she wanted him at that moment. “I'm you're proud girlfriend, don't forget it.”

“I never would even if I wanted to.” He assured her.

“So, what plans do you have this weekend? I'm thinking a quiet weekend right here with a case of beer and a re-run of the Premier League finals.” She teased.

“My girlfriend is awesome.” Liam chuckled lightly, his eyes sparkling making Isabella dazed for a moment. She loved the carefree Liam. “It sounds very tempting but I have plans for the next two weeks.”

Isabella's eyes widened. “Oh?”

“How about a short vacation in France? We can meet up with Clarette. Hopefully Stefan will be there...” Liam's eyes narrowed in wonder. “I think there's something going on with Stefan and Clarette.”

“I hope so. I think they make a cute couple.” Isabella sighed dreamily then grinned. “Can you afford two weeks away from work?”

“I want to spend time with you, Belle. I swore to make it up to you and this is just the beginning. Besides, I own the bloody company.” He assured her.

Isabella grinned and looped her arms around Liam's neck. “I love you, Liam.”

“I'll love you to hell and back , Isabella Stanford.” Liam leaned down and kissed her soundly.

“Anyone care for some pie?” Stella asked.

Isabella chuckled and Liam looked up at the housekeeper. “In an hour's time.”

Isabella felt a blush creep up her cheeks as Liam took her into the bedroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

317 32 15
People say when you are in love you become blind but in love you don't only become blind you forget to breathe but yet you feel the most alive ; Isab...
5.7K 166 32
Isabella Blaire is 19 years old and ready to take on the world. After taking a year break after graduating high school it is time for her to step out...
98.2K 1.9K 40
She is cold and ruthless She is a monster a killer She has secrets Her own betrayed her Her own broke her She need to love a second chance When...
747K 17.5K 36
THIS WAS WRITTEN IN MIDDLE SCHOOL SO THE WRITING WILL BE BAD. READ AT UR OWN RISK 🚩 "If I tell you..we might never talk again." I whisper, he appare...