Different World [1]

By KillerFrost298

We've been chasing our demons down an empty road Been watching our castle turning into dust Escaping our shad... More

DIFFERENT WORLD
Profile
Emma's Playlist
Graphics
ACT ONE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
ACT TWO
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Twelve

39 1 0
By KillerFrost298

Everyone That I Love Die

'I know that when I stare into your eyes I can see all the years of lies'

-Billy Talent

"Brother?" Superman scoffed at him, not believing a word he was saying. "I know how unlikely it may seem, but the two of you do share the same Kryptonian blood" a new voice added in, flying to the ground. "Meet my friend, Mal" Tal introduced Mal to Superman with a sense of mockery. "Oh, we've met" Superman glared at the woman, who only gave him a sickening smile. She wore a dark green cloak with a golden pin with the Alor family crest on it

"You are not my brother" Superman stated bluntly, wanting to get this ruse over with. "I am Kal-El" Tal stated simply, ignoring his little brother's brassiness. "Whether you want to believe it or not. My real name is Tal-Rho" He introduced himself more formally to the name of his earthly ruse. "The son of Zeta-Rho and Lara Lor-Van, your mother" Mal spoke alongside Tal. Superman looked at them, very confused at the information he was given. "That's not possible. My mother..." He was cut off by Tal.

"Married Jor-El, your father. Yes, I know. Years after she'd been matched to my father, years after I was born. It was when she first warned that Krypton was dying. The very reason my father sent me here. I was the first son of Krypton to leave... And I came here with one purpose: To further our Kryptonian heritage" Tal explained to him, trying to ease his brother's mind.

"My mother would never destroy innocent lives" Superman huffed, not believing his birth mother would ever dream of such from his birth father's stories. Mal laughs at Superman's choice of words. "Humans are far from innocent. This world you protect deserves better than those who inhabited it" Mal commented at him, hand on her hip. "That's not your decision to make" Superman told them.

"It's already been made. Don't you see, Kal? This is our chance to be with our own, to have a family again" Tal tried to break through to him. "A family?" Superman questioned him harshly.

"The mines, the X-Kryptonite, the people in this town, they gave us the means. Krypton will finally be resurrected. The defense council will reign" Mal told him with a wicked smile. "And we'll have our mother with us once again. I know you long to see her, just as I do. Help me do that, brother" Tal subtly begged the hero, hoping he would come to his side of this long awaited plan.

"Not like this" Superman spoke with venom lacing his words. It was made clear to Tal that he must think of other ways to 'persuade' his brother. "The time has almost come, Kal-El. Our people will awaken soon. And when that happens, I need you by my side, or you will be eradicated too" Tal gave him the finally warning before leaving the hero with his supposed protector.

"Well played Kal, didn't think you'd turn your own brother away" Mal commented. "Where's Emma?" Superman asked the woman. Mal rolled her eyes before holding out her hand. It glowed green as her palm faced upwards, intensifying with a brighter glow. The ground between them seemed to crumble, the edges turning green. "How are you doing that?" Superman asked her.

"My sister can create weapons and reveal memories through emotions" Mal grunted as a pillar of rock began to rise. "I can take memories at my own will and terrakinesis, manipulation of earth and minerals" She finished as Emma's body appeared on the pillar. Her skin was paler than normal and the bandage on her arm turned a dark red colour. "What have you done?" Superman gritted his teeth and he gently picked Emma up bridal style.

"Borrowed some blood" Mal shrugged before flying away from the hero with a dangerous laugh. Superman was fast to fly away to the makeshift D.O.D base outside his house.

He landed in between the house and the tents that were made up. Sienna was the first to run to Superman, her eyes filled with relief. "Emma!" She called out, reaching for the unconscious girl. "What happened?" She asked Superman, seeing her niece looking like a corpse.

<><><>

Jordan sat beside Emma as monitors beeped in the desperate silence. The sun shining through the small cracks in the tent. She was hooked up to an IV drip, her skin looking more lively then when she was brought back. A nurse came in to take the last blood bag only moments before, giving the boy a sympathetic smile.

"She'll be okay son, she's strong" The nurse told him before leaving. Everyone was affected by Emma's state, some more than others. Clark and Lois seemed to be busy themselves with finding Tal-Rho and Mal's whereabouts. Sienna had been back and forth between the farm and her home with Alor heirlooms hoping to figure out what Mal wanted from Emma.

Jon, he did what he always did when he was afraid. Throw his football at the tire swing. His grandfather was preventing any tests that could reveal Emma's unique hybrid genetics, already having copies of NDAs incase of the worse.

"You're brooding"

Jordan looked at Emma, the girl looking at him through half-opened eyes. "It might suit your Dad, just not you" She spoke. Her voice was soft, like petals of a flower had been made for her lips. Her eyes were glowing through her lashes, even though she wasn't in use of her powers. To Jordan, she looked like an angel.

"Just worried about you" He answered simply, scooting his chair over towards her. Emma mustered a smile, reaching for Jordan's hand. "Would you believe that this is the safest reason I've ever been in a hospital bed?" Emma asked him, making Jordan smile and roll his eyes at her. "You're ridiculous" He told her. Emma only smiled at him.

The silence spoke volumes as Emma closed her eyes, the smile on her face slowly fading.

"I'm sorry Emmsie"

"Mam, that's enough"

"Find me little sister"

"Conner" Emma whispered, opening her eyes. They glowed, as did the two dots under each eye. "Emma? What's wrong?" Jordan asked her, seeing the back of her hands begin to glow. Emma was quick to rip the needle connecting her to the IV. "I need to stop them" Emma answered vaguely, jumping off the bed.

She had never been more thankful that she wasn't in a shitty hospital gown. "Stop who?" Jordan asked, following after Emma as she left the tent. She looked back at him, the glowing dying down slightly. "Your parents" She answered before running towards the Farm house.

Jon has noticed Jordan's mop of hair running, he was curious until he noticed the washed out blue his twin followed. Discarding his favored football, Jon ran after them from the tire swing. He knew that Emma was about to do something, Jon was trying to figure out what.

<><><>

Lois, Clark and Sienna sat in the kitchen, brainstorming ideas and theories to why Tal needed Emma and why. The trio of guardians had laid out many pieces of translated Kryptonian scripture from both El and Alor archives. A small little device that projected more knowledge in the mother tongue of the latter. And the box that Kara gifted Emma, only knowing that Naeza had given it to Kara for the next protector.

The door opening caught the Kryptonians attention quickly, turning their heads to see Emma panting as she stopped to catch her breath. Jordan and Jon ran in behind her, curious to know what was running in Emma's head.

"Who has a lighter?" Emma asked, stunning everyone in the house. "What!?" Sienna exclaimed at her niece. "Lighter. Now" Emma repeated, before walking past the adults and rummaging through the drawers for one.

Lois looked at the girl as she mumbled incoherent nonsense. "Emma, explain why you want a lighter" She told the girl. Emma kept rummaging as she took a deep breath. "Back on Mars, before White Martians eradicated the Greens. There were underground caverns of sorts that Greens would use to hide, but Whites would infiltrate. So they came up with a solution. Fire. It reveals their true skin. J'onn and Kara used it when a White infiltrated the D.E.O" Emma explained before turning around with a lighter.

"What happened with Tal and Mal?" Clark asked her, seeing the fear in Emma's eyes. She looked at everyone, unsure of who she could really be seeing. "Something impossible. I hav- need to be sure that you're all...you" Emma spoke shakily, pressing on the small button to light the lighter in her hand.

"Hand to the flame, please" She asked softly, holding it out for everyone. Lois was the first, giving the teen a soft smile. She raised her palm close enough no to burn herself. Nothing. Then Clark. Nothing. Sienna. Nothing. Jon. Nothing.

Jordan walked up to Emma, copying what everyone else did. "Nothing" Emma breathed out, releasing her grip on the lighter as the flame disappeared. She slumped her posture before resting against the kitchen island.

"Conner, I saw Conner at EdgeCorp and in Tal's Fortress. He's alive... I think" Emma told everyone, her voice cracking as her knuckles whitened by her grip on the island. Everyone was in shock. Conner was supposed to be dead. From Emma's words, murdered by their own mother. "That's why you wanted to make sure we weren't Martians" Clark spoke softly as Emma nodded.

"It's a possibility but...I don't think he is" Emma shrugged, wrapping herself in her own arms. "But I saw him die. I was there, I saw his last breath, it isn't possible" Emma stated, trying to convince herself of the fact. "How did he die?" Sienna asked her, walking up to her niece slowly. "Heroine overdose. I thought it was Mal but...it wasn't, he chose to ..." Emma couldn't finish her sentence. The mere thought of Conner doing what she saw was...hypocritical.

Emma shook her head. "That's not the point, he told me something about the box" Emma spoke, picking up the object from the table. "It can tell us why they need my blood"

<><><>

After vague explanations to convince Sam and the other parental figures in Emma's life, the girl was in the school gym with the box in her hands. Jordan and Sienna stood on either side of her as the rest were behind. "So what now?" Jordan asked Emma, seeing as she was leading the reins on this one. Emma opened the box for the first time, remembering Kara's words.

The blonde hero looked at Emma with a smile. "Don't open it yet" She told her. Emma looked at her confused. "Why?" She asked back, seeing Kara's own curiosity hitting her. "Your grandmother said you'll know when" Kara answered with a shrug.

A small crystal was on the box, along with something Emma could only describe as a mini podium for it. As Emma took them out, a slip of paper followed as it fell to the floor. Sienna picked it up, curious to the condition of the paper.

Emma cocked her head as Sienna read the words written. "Is that English? What's it say?" She asked her. "Your knowledge may be rooted in ink but your true passion is in the melodies" Sienna read out loud, turning to her niece. Instantly, the teen knew what it meant, without another question, she put the crystal on the small podium.

A light beamed around everyone, not blinding but bright enough to close your eyes to. Emma and Sienna's eyes glowed brightly. For Sienna only her eyes lit up purple unlike Emma. Two dots under each eye had glowed as well and the glowing on the back of her hands was clear for the first time since the Black Mercy. On her right a clear outline of the House of El crest glowed brightly. On her left was one she was still unfamiliar with.

"That is our family crest, the House of Alor" Sienna told her, seeing the girl stare at it. "Why is it doing that? My hands" Emma asked her for the first time. "I am not sure, not yet" Sienna answered truthfully. Emma nodded at her answer before placing the crystal and its podium on the floor.

She closed her eyes, "Liguhshehd Alor!" Emma boomed loudly. A burst of light emitted from the crystal, unlike the first it only hit below the knees. It was enough to created a glistening barrier between Emma and the others.

"By the Gods" Sienna gasped. Not only was a barrier created but Emma was put in a traditional Kryptonian uniform worn by the head of each house. A dark blue dress with a companion cloak that flowed just below her knees, thankfully a pair of weird looking tights and silver boots. She had a silver belt and wrist cuffs. The only thing out of place was the crest dawn in her chest area. On the right was half of the House of El in scarlet red stitching, on the left was the House of Alor in emerald green stitching.

"What's happening?" Clark asked as everyone seemed to freak out. "The trial of Alor. It's the first step to becoming a protector" Sienna explained, releasing that she still had the note in her hand. "It's designed to tailor the weakness of each daughter" Sienna added, seeing Emma's angry face.

"What the actual fuck am I wearing!?" Emma exclaimed with a huff. "Why is she blocked off from us, isn't that dangerous?" Lois asked, crossing his arms. Sienna shook her head. "No, it's to prevent us from helping. I was much younger than Emma when the trial took place".

"But why music!" Emma shouted from the other side. Sienna turned with the most devious face. "Superman Musical" She spoke bluntly. Emma's face paled instantly. "Superman Musical" She repeated, more terrified than ever.

"Superman Musical"

Emma watched everyone look behind her in shock. Only Jordan's eyes met her own with a sense of deja vu as he silently warned her. Emma's eyes darkened as she turned to see the new person to enter. "Conner" Emma spat, clenching her fists at her side. The older man looked at Emma with sadness and a hint of guilt.

Music began to play as Emma turned to face her older brother.

She walked towards him as the music got louder. "You were the flood that swallowed us whole" She sang softly, looking up at her brother. "Refusing a love we endlessly gave you. You were a fire out of control" Emma breathed out as tears well in her eyes. "The blaze that couldn't be... tamed" Emma turned away from him, wrapping her arms around herself.

"Emma..."

Emma looked back at him in anger as her eyes glowed blue, "Why should I have a heavy heart?" She spat, taking a step closer as a memory began to form of Emma trying to save Conner from his overdose "Why should I say I'll keep you with me?" Emma pointed her finger at Conner, digging it into his chest causing him to stumble back as he sees Emma's memory of lying on the floor, blood pooling around her. "Why should I go and and fall apart for...you?" Emma stumbled on the words at the end.

She stepped away from Conner, "Why... should I play the grieving girl and... lie. Saying that I miss you and that my world has gone dark without your light?" Emma looked at him with a hard glaze, filled with hurt and pain. "I will sing no requiem...Tonight" Emma took a deep breath.

"'Cause when the villains fall, the kingdoms never weep. No one lights a candle to remember. No, no one mourns at all. When they lay them down to sleep" As Emma sings a new memory manifests. Conner in a hospital bed and Emma crying holding his hand as he 'dies'.

Emma turns to her brother, tears falling from her cheeks. "So, don't tell me that I didn't have it right" She sings, grabbing his arm and puling up the sleeve. "Don't tell me that it wasn't black and white" His arm is covered in scabs from his addiction. The one Emma risked everything to help him with. "After all you put me through. Don't say it wasn't true" Emma looked her brother in the eyes as he was speechless.

As the other memories faded, one formed. It was Conner, using X-K to imobilse Emma in Edge's office, willingly. "That you were not the monster, that I knew" The music faded as Emma wiped her tears, while Conner only looked at her with a guilt ridden face.

"Emms, I know you're surprised" Conner started walking towards her. "Well the last time we were in a room together you killed yourself. Surprised? Livid sounds better" Emma growled at him. "Hypocrite" Conner snapped at her. "Yes, my twelve year old ass though there was no other choice! What's your fucking excuse?" Emma shouted at him.

Conner rolled his eyes, "You wouldn't understand" He told her. Emma growled. Like 'embodying her inner Derek Hale' growled. "Wouldn't understand? I'M IN FUCKING SMALLVILLE!" Emma snapped, her voice boomed in the hall. Her eyes began to glow as her breathing became heaved. "I'M KRYPTONIAN! OUR MOTHER LIED TO US FOR YEARS" Emma walked up to him, her fists meeting his chest. "SHE KILLED THE PEOPLE I LOVED AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND? AT LEAST YOU GOT OUT! I SPENT THE LAST YEAR CLEANING YOUR FUCKING MESS!" Emma screamed at him, the hits becoming harder as Conner actually seemed to be affected by them.

Emma kept hitting him until Conner stopped her. Catching her hands and keeping them in place. "I know you're angry, just please let me explain" Conner sighed, letting go of her hands. Emma stood back, crossing her arms. Conner gave a grateful smile. "After Sophie was born, you wouldn't leave her side. Like seriously it was like trying to separate chewing gum from hair. You stayed with her the whole night she was born, it was strange. But Amy had made an exception. I stayed with you both. Mam had other plans" Conner spoke like he was carrying this information like stolen money.

Emma watched as Conner turned his back to her. "She tried to take you and Sophie that night. To bring you here" He told her, before turning around to face Emma again. Emma looked at him, horrified at his words. Conner was ready to comfort his sister, knowing their mother's secret would hit her like a ton of bricks.

"I convinced her to wait, but I didn't know the consequences of my actions. The countless travelling between our worlds was causing the weaker one, the one we were born in, to crumble" Conner admitted. Emma was quiet, her eyes closed a she took a step back. Conner pleaded with his eyes, hoping she could understand.

Emma looked up at her brother, eyes glowing fiercely. Emma swung her fist at Conner, hitting his face and knocking him back. "Seven years...Seven years" Emma hissed at him. "Emmsie, please. I was trying to protect you!" Conner tried to explain. Emma scoffed at him. "You sent me to a rehab center! You abandoned me for a year! That's protecting me?" Emma asked him, her anger worse than an active volcano.

Conner could see the betrayal in Emma's eyes. "Yes, Emma...I knew, since Sophie was born. I knew that we were Kryptonian and that this world actually existed... I knew" Conner finally admitted the truth. Emma felt her heart being pulled from her chest. "You knew" She whispered, tears falling from her eyes as Conner nodded.

"You let everyone that I love die!" Emma shouted at him. "You left me! You left me alone! You sent me away!" Emma shouted louder, the blue glow in her eyes being changed to the red of her laser vision.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT!" She screamed in pure pain. Fired at her brother with no regard to his safety. Conner used his hands to block them, the searing of his skin causing him to grit his teeth. He knew that his betrayal would hurt Emma, but he never expected her to react like this. After a few moments Emma had stopped, her energy draining from her and she fell to the floor. "You lied to me" She sobbed, her gut feeling like someone had ripped it out.

"I was trying to protect you" Conner tried to excuse himself. "You killed our family! Kono, Jeju! Jon Jon, Adam! Anthony!" Emma listed off as she walked Conner to the edge of the barrier, his back up against it. "You sent Sophie to her death! My sweet Sophie is gone because of you!" Emma cried. Conner looked at her bewildered, "No, she should be here with you! Mam promised" Conner spoke only for Emma to laugh at him. "Mal keeping a promise? She was sent to the world where John Henry is from!" Emma corrected him. Conner gulped at the truth.

"You killed the only person who made me want to survive...to live" Emma stated, before walking back away from Conner. "You told me after that night there is always a choice, even when you can't see it, it's there" Emma recalled, looking at him. "Did you have a choice before choosing to let me see you die?" Emma asked him, her voice hoarse and gentle. Only the Kryptonians could hear her question. 

Conner looked down at his feet in shame. "I did, the night I... she was going to take you both here or I help her until it was time" He answered her. Emma only looked at his, neutral as she raised her hand.

"I told John Henry I had been in his position, holding a blade to the person who hurt me most" Emma spoke, pointing to the scar on her chin. "I almost killed her...when you became unresponsive. She gave me this, dragged a boxcutter across to the top of my heart and almost killed me. All for you" Emma told him, looking up at her brother.

Conner brushed Emma's hair behind her ear, " I love you Em...Please forgive me" He begged her. Emma caressed his cheek. "You're my brother Con, I'll always love you and you know I would do anything for you" Emma spoke to him with sadness. "But you chose me over our family. I can't forgive that, I don't think I could... even find a part of me that can" Emma admitted to him filled with sorrow.

Conner shook his head not believing a word Emma said. "What choice would you truly make?" He asked her. Emma sighed, "I would choose my family over everything. I always have and I always will" Emma answered him, her eyes and marking glowing brightly.

"You need to become a protector to stop them. You'll have your powers and you'll remember what to do" Conner told her, the promise he made in the fortress not leaving him. Emma nodded, as the crystal glowed. The barrier began to glow too. The light swirled, drawing closer to Emma before engulfing her in the light. Like before it burst out from where Emma was.

Emma stood up, in her ordinary clothes. But her markings had changed, she had three dots under each eye and a simple crescent moon above the space between her eyebrows.

But her hair had changed. It was longer than before and the colour had somewhat changed. It was black on top fading to the blue Emma had before and then to a lighter blue. Sienna seemed to be proud as Emma walked closer to them. "What just happened?" Emma asked, noting her hair.

"You've completed the trial. Now you must become an Alor Protector" Sienna told her as the glowing died down. "How do we do that?" Lois asked the woman. Sienna took a deep breath, looking up at Conner.

"We need the Eradicator" Sienna answered. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 151 41
[𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹 𝗦𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝟰 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝘁] ..... "𝗪𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝗞𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀, 𝘄𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘂𝗽," ..... 𝗜𝗻 𝗪𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, Cl...
69.4K 2.4K 88
Titans S1 - ❝ the 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒔 will know our names ❞ Titans S2- ❝ we will be 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒔 ❞ Titans S3- ❝ shall we show them what 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒔 can do...
11.2K 308 32
it is second book in series of Superflash collision course. hope you enjoy it. Also on A0U as Jsaint(Different guy)
4K 108 11
Nicole Kent was not of this world. No, literally. This was not her world. Her world was ending and she was thrusted through dimensions into a timelin...