MOTHER OF DRAGONS ♚ d. targar...

By wishtherebestars

⎯mother of dragons, a title only true targaryen queens receive ❝tonight king's landing will learn to fear the... More

ACT ONE
CH. I
CH. II
CH. IV
CH. V
CH. VI
CH. VII

CH. III

1.9K 153 11
By wishtherebestars

MOTHER OF DRAGONS

♚♚♚

When Vylenya reached her home, she was quickly welcomed by Yndrir who snuggled against her as she laid in her bed. "Did the coronation go well?" her mother asked as she walked closer to her daughter, stroking her silver hair before she looked at the sweet girl, she loved more dearly than anything else in the world. "The Queen lost her child" Vylenya said as she looked at her mother.

"I believe it to be my fault mother" she said as she stared back at the ceiling. "How could it be?" Tyraena asked as she looked at her daughter. "Every time, I see something, a form of new life" Vylenya said as she looked at her mother. "What if instead of bringing back Baelon, I cursed his sons" Vylenya cried as she could not imagine cursing Daemon to such fate. "House Targaryen will die without another child born, it cannot continue with the help of Rhaenyra alone and she is still young" Vylenya said as she sat up and looked at her mother with tears in her eyes.

"Now, hush, my darling, I am sure it's nothing to worry about. Targaryens come from the blood of the dragon and dragons born to men are often more difficult births" Tyraena said, it had been the same theory of her own mother when Maegor did not conceive many children, and those that had quickened in the womb of his wives would quickly perish after. "Sleep, it's been an eventful day, get some rest and we will try find anything on the subject in the morrow" Tyraena said, neither knowing what was about to come.

Vylenya didn't know when she found sleep, and she had to admit it was barely there, but the next thing she remembered was walking through the streets of King's Landing, covered in soot and what seemed to be blood. She walked barefooted as she seemed to walk in circles, the cries of Yndrir sitting on her shoulder was the only thing heard, but because most people had been asleep none reacted until a City Watch knight alerted the Rogue Prince of a woman with a dragon on her shoulder walking around.

Daemon had been confused who it could be, as he followed his Knight and stopped when he saw the young woman only wearing a nightgown and covered in soot and blood. "Vylenya?" he said, recognising her face under the dirtiness and the small dragon on her shoulder. He heard no cries of Cannibal as he walked over to the young woman before wrapping her in his golden cloak.

"dragons of gold will fight for their home" she muttered in High Valyrian as Daemon turned her around, she still seemed out of it as she softly shook her. "Rogue and cruel makes gold" she muttered before she looked up at Daemon. She spoke in a language he could not understand as one hand placed itself on his cheek, looking frantically in his eyes before she gasped for a deep breath. "Daemon?" she asked before she passed out in his arms. "I got you" Daemon said as he picked her up bridal style before carrying her to the Red Keep, they had Maesters there and he would not let her go on the streets. He told one of the Knights to alert her mother in the morrow as he would take care of her now.

Vylenya woke up when the sun shined on her face as she felt something walked over her. She groaned and turned herself around on the bed when she realised the sheets felt much nicer than before. She opened her eyes and noticed she laid under silken sheets and the bed was bigger, as was the room. Her entire home could fit in this room 2 or 3 times even.

"Easy, you have had a weird night" a voice said and when she looked around, she saw Daemon, standing up from a large chair near the fireplace where a dragon egg laid in its flames. "What happened, why am I here?" she asked as she dragged off the sheets of her body. Daemon walked to her, towering over her as he rested his hands on her shoulders. "I do not know for certain, but I came across you few hours after I had guided you home, Yndrir was on your shoulder and you carried a golden dragon egg, covered in soot and blood" Daemon said as he showed her the dragon egg in the fireplace.

"My dream" she said as she walked to the fireplace to admire the egg. "I kept dreaming of a golden dragon" she said as she looked at the egg. "From what I figure, my son will claim the dragon that shall hatch from it" she said as she sat down crossing her legs as she looked at the golden egg. Daemon bit his tongue, wondering who would father the child.

He watched Vylenya as she was mesmerised by the golden dragon. "Shall I order a bath to be readied for you?" he asked, and she nodded absentmindedly as she stood up when the bath with steaming hot water was finally brought in. She had no sense of time, and she hadn't for a while now as she watched Daemon give a maid some gold dragons before he whispered something. She felt an emptiness inside her before she rid herself of her dirty nightgown and stepped into the boiling hot water. The heat didn't faze her as she rubbed the dirt and blood from her skin and hair.

Daemon eventually walked over to her, handing her some soaps he kept in his room as she thanked him. She kept eyeing the flames that touched the egg, seeing the large golden dragon before her. "Aegon" she whispered as she looked up at Daemon. He raised a brow as he looked at her, kneeling down before her to sit eye-level with her. "Aegon?" he asked as she touched his face, a line of water following that dripped to the floor. "His name shall be Aegon, and he shall ride the golden beast" she said as she looked at Daemon. "Your son?" Daemon asked as he looked at her. Vylenya turned away, wondering if she should tell him, before she turned back, standing up letting the water drip from her bare body as Daemon looked up, still on his knees.

If a court painter had seen them now, he would have made her a Queen with her prince worshipping her on his knees. She stepped out of the bath as Daemon raised to his full height. She cupped his face as Daemon's hands wondered to her waist, which made her sigh in bliss to feel his heat. "Our son" she said as she looked at him, caressing his face as she did so. Daemon's face turned into a proud smirk before he kissed her, their son, he loved the sound of that.

"I shall do the right thing and marry you" Daemon said, another excuse to rid himself of his bronze bitch which he was happy to take. Vylenya smiled before a maid interrupted them and Daemon's eyes looked like they would kill the poor girl as she brought a red and black dress for Vylenya like Daemon had asked her moments before. "Place it there, I can dress myself" Vylenya said as she nodded at the maid who did was Vylenya asked and quickly walked away.

Daemon stepped away from her as he handed her a towel as she dried herself before dressing in the dress which seemed typical for a Targaryen, not something she was used to as she had been all but shunned from the House of the Dragon as she had been the granddaughter of Maegor the Cruel. But Daemon did not care for such things, believing it had been proof she had been a true dragon.

"What about your wife?" she asked Daemon, referring back to the wife Daemon already had as he said he would marry her. "Aegon had two wives, and besides, there is no proof I ever consummated my marriage especially with no children" Daemon said as he looked at Vylenya. She looked at him too when she heard something. They both turned around for them to see the egg hatch. She rushed over and took the egg in her hands as she held in before her. The golden shell glistered as it broke, and an equally golden dragon emerged.

The small hatchling shook away the shells as he crawled into the arms of Vylenya as she awed at the small creature. Daemon looked over her shoulder, carefully extending his hand to the small hatchling who let out a small roar in delight as he nuzzled his face against Daemon's finger.

Vylenya let the hatchling crawl on her shoulder as she smiled and then looked at Daemon. "I have seen five dragons in my dreams, flying around Cannibal and Caraxes, and Yndrir" she said as she looked at Daemon as he marvelled at her. "Five dragons, five born to us" Daemon said as he turned her face to look him in the eye as she nodded before he kissed her, groaning into their kiss as he had been waiting for it too long. "When do we start?" Daemon joked as Vylenya shook her head. "Gold shall be born in war" she said as she rested her forehead against his. "I will demand the king to annul my marriage and wed me to you" Daemon said as his forehead rested against hers.

Vylenya smiled as she held the small hatchling. Daemon kissed her again before he moved back. "Come, let's introduce the new addition to the others" Daemon said offering his hand to Vylenya before they walked to the Dragonpit. While Daemon and Vylenya did, Otto Hightower watched the two leave before he walked to the chambers of the King and Queen. "Your Graces" Otto said bowing his head as the two were grieving the loss of their recent child. Rhaenyra had been young and barely understood what had been happening.

"What it is, Otto?" Viserys asked looking up at the Hand. "Prince Daemon has been allying himself with Maegor's bastards" Otto said. "I wish you listened to me, your grace, but Daemon would be a second Maegor and with Maegor's witches by his side" Otto said as Viserys stood up. "What do you want me to do? Ban Daemon from seeing her again? We both know he wouldn't listen to that" Viserys said annoyed Otto would see him about a matter of the sorts. Daemon would always do what Daemon wants; it was his own specialty it seemed.

"Let Daemon be" Viserys said as he looked away from the Hand. "Your Grace, this is unfitting of a man his station, publicly committing adultery which shames House Royce" Otto said before Viserys stood up. "Very well, call the Small Council, see what they have to say for it" Viserys said as they all met in the small room as Lord Corlys, Lord Beesbury, Grandmaester Runciter, and Lord Strong gathered around as they looked at the King.

"We have come here to discuss Prince Daemon's recent infidelity" Otto said looking at the others present. Lord Strong looked around first, seeing if anyone else would bite on the notion. "This does not seem like something to meet over, Otto, Daemon is not a stranger to the Street of silk" Corlys said as he looked at the others who all agreed. "Otto's concern lies with who Daemon is...fraternising with" Viserys said, tired and annoyed by his Hand. "Who then?" Lord Beesbury asked. "Vylenya" Otto said looking at them. "Maegor's bastard line?" Lord Strong asked and Otto nodded. "That does not matter" Corlys said as he looked at Otto. "Vylenya has no more claim to anything than you, my Lord Hand" Corlys said, he remembered the girl, young and living in the slums of King's Landing because people disagreed with her Grandsire. "Daemon does, what stops them from attacking, of usurping?" Otto asked looking around. "Have they been telling people such things?" Beesbury asked as he looked at everyone.

Everyone fell quiet as Corlys laughed. "Let Daemon wonder around, he is not harming anyone with this. Vylenya might even keep him grounded" Corlys said as he looked at the men of the Council. He knew this ploy was all Otto, who has held a grudge against Prince Daemon since he arrived at the Red Keep as Hand of the King to Jaehaerys.

Daemon seemed to be of the notion that Otto Hightower had only gotten such position because he was the one to kill Prince Baelon, Daemon's father. Daemon never let go of that feeling, finding his father death with little help from anyone always made him suspicious, especially after Otto Hightower had quickly replaced him as Hand and had been the one to suggest the Great Council as well.

"And risk Daemon usurping the throne from the rightful King?" he asked looking at Corlys. "Daemon has no patience for the thing, he could barely stay on the Small Council, who is to say he won't get tired of Vylenya too" Corlys said as he looked at everyone. "Let us pray to the Seven then that he will" Otto said as he looked at everyone.

The Small Council room fell silent, meanwhile Daemon Targaryen proceeded his nickname of Rogue Prince as he flew through the skies on the back of his dragon Caraxes while Vylenya flew beside him, the granddaughter of Maegor the Cruel on Cannibal as she balanced Yndrir and the new golden dragon on the back of Cannibal as they lowly hovered above the saddle of Vylenya.

♚♚♚

otto warning is always needed

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 513 10
'' Although you have made me happy and fulfilled, I've come to understand that the only person you truly care for is yourself. I have been betrayed v...
21.3K 1K 14
❝a targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing❞ ━━━━━━━━━ ⤹ in which the daughter of rhea royce and daemon targaryen finds herself at the cros...
5.3K 377 5
⤷ always an angel, never a god, always a woman, never an heir, ──────────── 𝐈𝐍 which rhaenyra targaryen has an older sister - aelora targ...
9K 190 10
It is well known that Daemon Targaryen cared little for his valeman wife, Rhea Royce, it was even rumoured that the couple never consummated their un...