โ˜†SCARLETT THE DAUGHTER OF LIG...

By xSalee_readsx

"How pathetic not manly enough to face me again?" He smirked "Oh gag I'm no man but I guess whats started ha... More

Chapter I: A New Beginning
Chapter II: Beauty and Kindness
Chapter III: The Welcoming Ceremony
Chapter IV: Talents and Skils
Chapter V: I Accidentally Killed a Rabbit
Chapter VI: The Thunderstorm in the Castle
Chapter VII My Not So Dead Beat Up Dad
Chapter VIII: First True Love?
Chapter IX: How to steal a dragons egg
Chapter X: New Life quote: "People can change"
Trial by Tale
Chapter XII: Catching Feelings
Chapter XIII: Parents Weekend Takes A Turn
Chapter XIV: Lightning in a bottle
Chapter XV: Circus of Talents
Chapter XVI: Circus Crown
Chapter XVII: One Dance?
Chapter XVIII: War of Good and Evil
AUTHORS NOTE

Chapter XI: The Trial by Tale

253 7 0
By xSalee_readsx

~Part One~

S

ilence fell upon the forest it had been almost 2 hours, and all the competitors were bound to be out. All I could do was run. If I heard a twig snap, I ran if I heard a river stream I ran. Yes, I do mean if I heard anything, I would run.

I mean, what am I supposed to do? I have no defence unless uncontrollable weather powers count, but that would draw too much attention. Yes, at one point, I will run into someone and have to defend myself, not now, I hope.

BOOM the canon signalling that someone's out better them than me. That sounds horrible. "Haha that was almost too easy getting that prince out" a raspy voiced laughed "It's his fault he had so many weapons on him who needs a dagger a shield or a bow and quiver" another joined

I quietly ran behind a tree, listening to their conversation. Why why me why now. One of them sounds like Gideon, the other. I'm not too sure. Gideon is an easy one. I know him too well. "Ravan, what do we do with these weapons? we can't just dump them. One of the evers will pick it up." Ahh, the other is Ravan.

Ravan, he's a tricky one. I don't know him too well, but I know him and Gideon enough to know that they don't know how to use them. This is my chance if I can just get it off them. I shuffled myself behind the tree to get a better look at them.

CRUNCH

In an instant, Ravan grabbed the bow and pulled it back. "Who's there? Don't worry, we'll not bite," he said threateningly. Dam, these leaves and these boots. I'M SO SCREWED

"You have great power. Use it it'll aid you in the trial,"

A voice echoed in my mind like they were a guide. Right, it's now or never Hildegarde. I moved from my spot facing them. Ravan released the arrow, aiming straight to my face. But I was quick to raise my hand, conjuring a force field of Lightning.

Causing the two dumbfounded nevers flying back miles and miles away. Oh my, they were right this is an advantage. Anyways, they wouldn't be able to hit me only evers with a pure heart can, though I suppose it could have.

I lifted up the bow and quiver and slung it on my back. This will come in handy. As will this dagger Gideon dropped, but where will I put it. Ah, ha fun fact, my uncle Robin always has a spare dagger in his boot, so I could never steal it, but I can steal that idea.

It's a bit hefty, isn't it? How does my uncle do this. As I was trying to get comfortable with it, I sensed someone coming behind. Before they could do anything, I beat them to it that meaning I turned lunched a spell at them.

Surprisingly, they used their sword to let the spell bounce back to me. Thankfully, I fell back and hit my head on a tree. WAIT, let me rephrase. I meant to say thankfully it didn't hit me it wasn't good that I fell back and hurt my head.

It's irrelevant, but my hood fell back as well. I began to rub my head to ease the pain when a  ysterious figure called my name. By the sound of that strong voice and the fast reflexes, it was none other than.

"Tedros? You scared me. I thought you were a never. " Why am I even surprised he's always there whenever I'm in these kinds of situations. "Sorry, Hildy, I didn't mean to lurk, but I saw what you did to those nevers. Hildy, where did you learn that? We've only begun looking at weather spells, never mind force fields?"

I always used small bits of my power because I didn't mean it, I wonder what else I could do. "I've been meaning to say this isn't my finger glow. These are things I can do on my own. I think it has something to do with my father, and I want to see what I can do by actually meaning it. " I happily confessed sounding a lot more cheesy than I thought.

"I agree Hildy you deserve to know, just be cautious, and maybe don't go all out now. We're not supposed to attract attention to ourselves. You can help me find Sophie"

Suddenly, my cheery mood went away as soon as he mentioned Sophie. The flashback hit if they share true loves kiss then everything will changed. I feel sick and sick to my stomach.

"Oh no, you're right. We're not supposed to attract attention to each other. I should go find my friends and see how they're doing..." I turned away, but he followed and grabbed my hand.

"Sorry, Hildy, but we have to stay together. We can help each other. I know things have been awkward, but we should help each other. "

I didn't know what to say he left me with no other choice. "Okay, but can I have my hand back?" I hadn't realised he was still holding my hand. He let go embarrassed. "Oh yeah, sorry," he said, flustered in the face.

~♡~

"For months, I've had this dream of goat like boy bringing me to this place. I dream of this large marble pillar temple it calls me, and it aches."

"Why are you only telling me this now?" tedros walked leaves out of the way. If I'm being honest, I always forget we've been talking on the move for a while Two cannons went off, but we haven't seen anyone in the past, maybe 3 hours for me, at least.

"I didn't think much of it at first. No, I didn't want to. Ahh, it's like I have pieces to an unfinished puzzle I may never put together. "
I sat down huffing, laying my head back on the tree. Tedros gestured for me to get up i simply didn't feel bothered.

He sighed and sat next to me in defeat. "It's tough, right, but you've gotten this far. And you've got plenty of help, so can we please focus on the trial -"

He sounded really comforting, but I began hearing voices and instantly covered his mouth with his hand. Tedros gave me a startled look, but I signalled him to be quiet. Slowly, I removed my hand from his mouth. I peaked from behind the tree bark to see Chaddick and Daphne thank the gods.

It took a moment, but I finally caught my breath. Tedros and I quickly came out of hiding to reveal ourselves. "Chad Daph, we're so glad it's you." I hugged Daphne while Tedros hugged Chaddick.

"Whats. I've been going with you two." Tedros, let go of Chaddick. They shrugged and stuttered on their sentences when Daphne began "Well we ran into Mona rubbing Gideons head."

"While Ravan was knocked out at the bottom of a tree," Chaddick finished. I felt a smile crept on my face. When Daphne pointed it out, "What are you smiling at?"
"That's very cute the way you two finish eachothers sentences."

They both looked flustered. Chaddick scratched his head in embarrassment while Daphne blushed hard. Causing Tedros and I burst into laughter.

"All jokes aside, what happened next?" Tedros asked, recovering from laughing.
"Well, Chaddick wanted to attack, but I reminded him that evil attack good defend"

"Before we knew it, Mona noticed us and started blasting spells at us," Chaddick explained. I had the urge to point out the fact that they were still finishing each other sentences, but I'll let them be this time.

"And then what happened?"
"Gideon woke up and joined Mona. They were trying to kill us, but we ended up getting them out." Chaddick grinned proudly. Daphne rolled her eyes,"Not to mention the fact that Ravan never woke up. "

Is he serious sleeping really
"Wait, but we only heard two cannons. Did you not try and get Ravans handkerchief?"
"He left as soon as he saw us get his friends out."
"You let him go!" I whisper screamed

Tedros face planted himself. "We couldn't do anything, but he did say. 'Hildegarde will pay for this' so what did you do to him? "

Shit now I'm a wanted person, I stuttered, trying to explain to them. How am I supposed to explain that I used magic that isn't part of our course or of this world. "Uh, well, it was, uh I?" Tedros saw me struggle, so he took over "shes trying to say she blast them back with a powerful blow she learned in class."

They shrugged it off. Thank god for him. I mouthed to him,'Thank you.' When I saw something moving in the bushes, I took a closer look at it. Suddenly, a horse rose from the bush, causing me to sping up and fall back it was a relief that Tedros caught me, but I wasn't paying attention to him.

My attention was on the horse. They had a very long mane shadowing its eyes. It was a magnificent grey. I didn't know whether it was a she or he, but they're gorgeous.

Daphne was the same as me. We inched closer to the horse. Daphne began to pet its snout while I went around to jump on.
I didn't even notice what the boys were doing. I just wanted to stay with this beautiful creature.

Tedros Pov
When Hildy fell back in surprise, I caught her she would usually thank me, but this time, she shrugged me off. Her and Daphne inched closer to the horse. Chaddick and I were so lost why they were so enchanted by the horse. "Hildy, are you okay?" No reply, not even a reaction from her.

Chaddick asked the same to Daphne, "No answer." Suddenly, it all clicked, I whispered to Chaddicks ear so I wouldn't alarm it.
"Chad its a kelpie it charms people to ride its back to their death. Slowly pull Daphne away, but don't alarm it. "

Chaddick nodded and obeyed. Chaddick tried to pull Daphne away, but she slapped his hand away. Ultimately, Chaddick had to use force and lifted her away. "LET ME GO CHADDICK!" she yelled he covered her mouth and told her that it was a kelpie. She came back to her senses, but the kelpie noticed me inching towards Hildy, who was attempting to hop on.

I grabbed Hildys hand. She was quick to slap it away, but the kelpie sat down to let her get on. "NO," I practically yelled. The kelpie zoomed on ahead, bringing Hildy with it. Without a second thought, I ran after them. I knew where they were going. Not once did I look back, I have to get her back.

The kelpie was fast, but so am I used my sword to cut down the vines branches anything that was preventing me from getting to her. Until they finally reached a lake, the kelpie galloped in the water to drown her.

Hildy was still oblivious to what was happening, that was until she hit the water.

Hildegarde's Pov
Have you ever felt out of control, seeing everything going on but you can't move. As if you're paralysed, that's how I felt. Once I got onto the horse, I was completely starstuck, and then when I reached the water, fear struck instead.

One thing you don't know about me is that something I'm not proud of is that I have a fear of being in water. Aquaphobia, you call it so when I felt the cold touch of the river fear and panic struck at me like lightning.

Desperately, I tried to kick my feet up to push myself up, but the horse kept me down. I was losing breath from my lungs. I feared this day would come. I flailed my arms frantically till I tired myself out. For a river, it's very deep, so deep I lost sight of the horse, my friends of any source of hope or light. The world seemed to close on its own.

Tedros Pov
Never in the amount of time I've known Hildy had she ever looked so frightened. Not even a moment sooner. I jumped in after them, and the kelpie had her down. Uncontrollably, she flailed her arms, desperate for freedom.

The river was deep. I reached for my sword to slay the beast, but it swam back up and away. No no Hildy I swam down to carry her she wasn't moving. Hurriedly, I picked her up bridal style up to the surface. By the time we reached the top, Chaddick and Daphne were waiting in us. Chaddick reached his arms, and I gave Hildy to him.

Chaddick layed Hildy on the ground. I sat down beside her to check her pulse. No beat rate. "NO NO NO," I cried. "Is she dead?" Chaddick joined. "She's not dead, you hopeless himbos that's not even how you check a pulse." Daphne scolded us.

Chaddick and I blinked at eachother "what?" we both said "your such a dunce. Your pulse is on your wrist, not your hand." she showed us her pulse. Thankfully, she's alive. "Oh, phew, I knew that." Daphne rolled her in annoyance. "Wait, but she isn't waking up,"
"Here mate before you catch your death." Chaddick took his hood off and placed it around my shoulders.

"Thanks." I took it off my shoulders and placed it on top of Hildy so she wouldn't be cold. I didn't know anything about cpr, but I have seen it in a puppet show once. "Here, let me try something." I placed my hands in her chest and got onto my knees. "I didn't know you know cpr?" Chaddick asked. "I don't." I pressed my hands down on her chest.

Hildy sprang up, coughing water up from her mouth. "HILDEGARDE!" Daphne jumped in for a hug. Still coughing, Hildy finally spoke, "What idiot thought they could do cpr?" she coughed. All eyes gestured to me "hehe your welcome?"

"You're welcome? you nearly made me cough my lungs out. "
I looked down to the ground in embarrassment stupid. I shouldn't have pressed down so hard. After some time.

I felt Hildy lift my chin up from the ground. "But you did save my life. Therefore, I'm forever grateful and in your debt." she lightly kissed my cheek and carefully got up. Leaving me all flustered, the blood rushed to my cheeks, leaving some colour.

Daphne and Chaddick had the same flabbergasted expression. Chaddick even had to drag me up. I was that charmed by her. This can't be happening. This can't be what I'm feeling now.

"How revoltingly disgusting," a snarky voice commented

A/N, so sorry, guys, that I haven't been posting lately. I've been on holiday. I really don't like this chapter bc when I wrote it, I made it too long, and I dont like publishing really long chapters, so I split it into two parts. I also don't like the way I wrote this. But I hope all of you enjoy this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377 25 7
If I'm gonna give you any advice from my wise amazing awesome-ist halfblood self it's to NOT be a demigod. Pretty simple... But if y'all want to be e...
332 20 7
Paisley Morgan, daughter of Hades. The fire. Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon. The flood. "I hate the way you say my name, I hate your picture perfec...
317 3 5
Weird kid, tomboy, and skilled archer Shayna Mercado is really upset lately, not only is she dealing with being a weird fourteen year old freshman in...
2.5K 105 11
DISCLAIMER: this book is discontinued!! " So I have to go all the way to some fancy boarding school in England to protect a wizard? " " He's your bro...