When Universes Collide

By KFReynolds

Kelly Severide is a single dad to a little boy named TJ by his ex Girlfriend Brittany and so is Stella Kidd t... More

Who might you be?
Maybe Next Time
Of course
Why return now
Rockstar
Family
Fishing Trip
Officially Told
Weekend Away Prep
Weekend Away * TW violence and rape is mentioned*
First meeting
Surprises

I must have fallen asleep

228 9 1
By KFReynolds

Once they were both seated and their orders had been taken Stella and Kelly began talking about what their lives would look like if it was up to them, their kids, families, and their jobs. Their conversation about their kids started from their respective pregnancies. Stella told Kelly about how hard of a time she had with heartburn, how she was nauseous her whole first trimester, how she almost lost him at 31 weeks so they had to stitch her up so he wouldn't come out then and hopefully stay in until 38 - 40 weeks, he was healthy and happily born at 39 by some miracle because it didn't seem likely at 31 weeks when it first went down. Kelly told her how overall Brittany didn't have a tough pregnancy except for the first trimester because she also had some morning sickness most of it.

They then moved into the family conversation about how they grew up. Stella had told Kelly that her mom and dad had divorced when she was 6 before reconciling when she was 13 and died in a fire together when she was 16 that she was able to escape by some miracle and that's what inspired her to consider being a first responder. She then got with Grant and got addicted to drugs before becoming pregnant with Billy Grant got more and more abusive until she finally left him when she was 4 months pregnant she hadn't touched drugs since becoming pregnant. Kelly was in awe hearing her telling her story.. not because she had to go through it but because of how she grew through it and just kept becoming better instead of continuing to drown in it. Kelly also went on to tell her how his dad was in and out of his and his mom's life as a child and most of their marriage until his mom finally got the courage to leave when he was 17. Most of the time when he was in he loved to guilt trip and play the power card. Kelly got with Brittany when he was 19 and so was she. They didn't have a bad relationship they just had a really "young love" relationship and as they began to get older and especially after TJ was born they quickly realized they would be better friends and co parents then they would be lovers as their priorities had just changed over time and interests had too so they finally split when TJ was 2 and have just remained firmly co parents and friends.

  They then began to talk about work and what got them to finally go into Firefighting. Kelly told Stella how with his dad being Benny he was always destined to be in the position he is in but he didn't fully want to be one until he was 19 when he finally admitted he just couldn't scratch the itch off to be one. The only honest reason he has for not wanting to be one to start with is because people would even more begin their comparisons of Kelly and Benny which Kelly hated. Stella had told the part that lit the spark but not the part that finally sparked it into motion. She was in a bad wreck when Billy was 3 months old and got saved by a firefighting squad and once she got saved from that she decided she wanted to save people the same way she got saved that day.

  They finished eating and Kelly paid as they headed to Kelly's car. He was also going to surprise Stella by taking her to get her nails and hair down before going to get a massage then heading to dinner before heading back to the loft

As they finished their day plans up and headed to dinner since it was getting late Stella thanked Kelly and repeatedly told him how much she appreciated it but didn't deserve it and she wishes he wouldn't have to do that because now she owes him an endless debt. Kelly constantly reassured her she did deserve it and he wasn't owed absolutely anything from her and never would be as far as he was concerned about that. In his eyes he was just doing what he thought a man should and to Stella she was mind blown that a man would ever treat her like that.

  They finished dinner and headed back to the loft and upon arrival realized both boys were asleep in TJs room and Kelly's mom had fallen asleep already too in his bed where she's been sleeping so Kelly went to go grab his covers and pillows and pulled out the pull out couch where he has been sleeping and laid down on it. He asked Stella what she wanted to do and she said that she would stay for awhile and watch a movie with Kelly if he was up for it and to which he said of course. She was planning to watch a movie then get TJ and head back to their house. Kelly told her he was going to take a shower and get in his sweatpants and a t shirt real quick before watching the movie and if she wanted he had another bathroom down the hall by TJ's room if she wanted to clean up before watching the movie. She told him she would but it's not like she has any clothes over there Kelly went into his room and came back out to throw her a pair of shorts just in case she needed or wanted them and a t shirt of his and told her she could wear that if she would like which she kindly responded thank you and that she would love to. They both headed off to get showers.

  As they got out Kelly came out and made them some popcorn and waited for Stella to get out of the shower. Stella finally got out and they went and turned on "The Notebook" as they eat their popcorn. As the movie went on and they finished their popcorn Stella kept scooting closer and closer to Kelly before Kelly finally scooped her up into his arms and pulled her into his side as they continued to watch the movie. As the movie was ending he looked over to Stella asleep in his arms and he thought to himself he knows he probably needs to wake her up so she can go home he doesn't want to wake her up and loves the sight and feeling of her in his arms so he decided to reach over with his other arm and turn off the TV before turning onto his side facing her and falling asleep right alongside her. It felt like a dream just beginning for Kelly.

  The next morning Kelly woke up before everyone else and looked at the clock it was 6:30 AM which meant TJ will be up no later than 30 minutes from now and so will likely Billy. He wasn't to sure what time to expect his mom to be up but so far since being there these last few days she's gotten up at 7:30 every day. He started to stir around and stretch out as he noticed Stella was starting to wake up. She got a huge surprise when Kelly leaned over and kissed her. It kinda startled her at first but once she felt his hands on her waist and smelt his scent she knew  it was Kelly right away so she just kissed him back before telling him good morning and started to open her eyes as she realized where she was she said "I must have fallen asleep last night during the movie" to which Kelly responded "Yes you did and I didn't have it in me to wake you so I just reached over turned the TV off and cuddled into you. Hope you don't mind" . "Of course I don't mind I actually loved and am loving waking up next to you this morning. What time is it getting to be" " said Stella "I loved going to sleep and waking up with you. You look pretty beautiful sleeping and waking up if I must say so myself not that you don't any other time either though because you do. It's 6:45." Said Kelly. Stella smiled and thanked him for the compliment and told him he didn't look to bad himself waking up and couldn't testify on him asleep as she didn't see it. "We need to be getting up and I need to go get changed back into yesterday's closed unless this is how you really want your mom and the kids to find out about us being a couple." Said Stella as Kelly responded " Yeah I guess we do because I'm not sure this needs to be how they find out". " I'm not either" said Stella as they both begin to get up and stir. Both heading to brush their teeth Stella with a brush Kelly gave her and get changed for the day before stella had to brush her hair with her hands so it didn't look like she just woke up. After doing that and getting his covers and pillows up he got the pull out bed pulled back into the couch before placing the cushions back onto the couch. He headed into the kitchen as he pulled out his pots and pans to make some breakfast for everyone Stella walked around the corner about that time and Kelly asked her if they would stay for breakfast to which she told him they would then they need to head home and enjoy their day there and prepare for shift and school tomorrow. They were out of school today for teacher in-service day and it was Stella and Kellys off day. Kelly responded by telling her thank you for staying and he understood why she needed to leave afterwards. Kelly got breakfast on the stove and in the oven. He was cooking some bacon, biscuits, eggs, sausage, and gravy with some grits. As he got it going he looked around making sure no one was around before pulling Stella into him and kissing her which quickly turned into them making out as he picked her up onto the counter before they started hearing little footsteps heading towards the kitchen so Kelly picked Stella up and spun her around before putting her down so she could straighten her shirt up before they caught them kissing and appear normal in case Kelly's mom was also up. TJ and Billy ran into the kitchen as they asked for some milk as they waited on breakfast to which Kelly responded Yes and made them some before they headed over to the couch as Stella went over and turned on some Paw Patrol for them to watch and on cue Jennifer walked out of Kelly's room. She was really surprised to see Stella there this early and with Billy. It was just now 7:15. She walked over to Kelly before quietly asking so no one but Kelly could hear her "Kelly do you and Stella have a little something going on" to which Kelly said " Nothing to big but don't run your mouth to absolutely anyone but we are trying out a relationship just to see where it may go. It's still new so we shall see". " Not new enough for her to be staying over though?" Asked Jennifer. " Oh it's new enough but we were just watching a movie and she fell asleep and I left her asleep especially since the boys were already asleep too" Kelly said "oh I see" Jennifer said before Stella headed back over to join them as breakfast was finishing up. They all enjoyed breakfast and Stella helped Kelly clean up the kitchen before getting TJ and his stuff and heading home. As Billy and TJ said see you later to each other Stella and Kelly blew one another a kiss and smiled at one another then Billy said bye to Kelly as TJ said bye to Stella. Stella and Billy then headed off. That goodbye seemed to really suck for Stella and Kelly both they absolutely enjoyed the last day together and both couldn't wait for more days and more nights like that except hopefully soon enough all 4 of them in their own family home not Stella or Kelly's house.. their house together.

*As always please feel free to leave your suggestions and thoughts in comments * Hope y'all love it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 244 13
Kelly Severide and Stella Kidd are close friends, but when Stella asks Kelly for a favor would it end their friendship or will true feelings finally...
1K 62 3
Kelly Severide and Stella Kidd have been married for a year... A lot has happened in that year.... and will they always remember it? Well, the first...
42.9K 495 21
What will happen when Stella shares a massive secret with Severide which heavily impacts their future only moments before she's seriously hurt. (My...
2K 54 2
Two-shot, set-in season 11, Kelly is still gone, and Stella is missing him, her nightmares are back, and she is having trouble sleeping. One night he...