Nobody to Somebody

By ReachForTheSkye443

A girl leaving everything behind to start afresh. She has a 4.0 GPA and an IQ score of 257. She lost her pare... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Sequel update

Chapter 1

51 4 2
By ReachForTheSkye443

Kyla's P.O.V
Well, I'm going to miss this place. All the memories I remember were spent in this exactly small house.

Growing up, we didn't have much. We lived in a one story house. We had two bedrooms, one small bathroom, and a kitchen that was connected to the living room.

I lived with my parents but sadly they passed away. I remember the day like it was yesterday. We were waiting for our parents to fetch us because it was pouring and we didn't want to catch a cold.

We waited at the bus stop because that's where mom and dad told us to wait, whenever they were late. We were 13 years old at the time so we had no choice but to listen to our parents.

When we walked there, I saw them approaching, and I was relieved, but a truck collided into them, and I was devastated. I saw my parents die right there.

I still remember the plate number up until this day. It was 586 5GX. By we, I meant my twin sister Skyler and I. They both couldn't suffer the impact of the truck.

We called the ambulance, and they declared that they were dead, right there on the spot. Luckily, they did have a funeral cover, but only just good friends of hers attended, and from my dad's side, only the grandparents came, but they didn't like us much.

They blamed us and told us that we were the reason that they died. I pushed the thought of my mom and dad away because I'm going to Havard. Yes, the school has a 5% acceptance rate.

I do miss them every single day. After the accident we didn't even have a guardian so we had to stay alone. Well I had to stay alone because Sky wouldn't even come back home so I stayed home alone.

I got used to it by the time I turned fourteen. I read books that were beyond my level of intelligence, I studied online, but I had to use the neighbor's laptop, and she did not like that. I'm currently qualified in cyber security, software development, and IT. I want to do a masters in computer science overall so I can get a job and live my life.

I'm eighteen, which is why I'm getting out of here to go study. My neighbor, Ms. Serena does not like us. She says we're either too much work or we don't do enough work. She calls me most of the time to clean her house, and I don't even get a reward for it, but I guess my reward is not going to child services all these years.

I folded the last of my light blue boyfriend jeans, and I gently closed my grey suitcase. In terms of clothes, I did not have a lot of them, but I am willing to buy when I get a part-time job.

I checked the room if I packed everything. I'll miss the cracks on the walls, I'll miss some holes in the ceiling, and I'll miss the doodles Sky and I drew as a kid. The flaws of the house are what make it home and memorable.

Sky and my bedroom had two single beds. Mine had math and physics formulas while hers was lavender, well different shades of lavender. I'm a math and physics obsessed uhhh...girl. There is no way I'm calling myself a geek.

Mine was on the eastern side, and hers was on the western side, I would say left or right, but that would change all the time cause of it being inaccurate. So as my high school teacher who taught me physics has said.

"Come on, Kyla. Take your shit and let's go." Sky shouted, and I almost shouted back, but I controlled myself. Upsetting Sky is what I wouldn't want to do. She's my sister even though we don't get along much, I still love her.

I almost forgot my round glasses. My mom couldn't afford a new pair, so I've been technically wearing them since I was thirteen. If you take good care of them, you can still see just not very well. What I'm trying to say is that I could see better with them than I could without them. Sky has contacts, but I don't know how she afforded them.

I rolled my suitcase and I got my backpack on my bag. I took a look at our room one more time, and the lavender color of our room has faded to the palest white. I didn't have a desk like most rooms have. It was just two beds and a nightstand.

I closed the door and I walked towards the mirror. Someone put a mirror in the middle of the wall which is convent in Sky's opinion.

I looked from my black fluffy hair, which was shoulder length, and if I straightened it, it would be up to my back length. I had brown skin, brown chocolate eyes as some boys like to put it, and a crappy sense of humor, haha. I had butterfly lashes, baby pink lips, and moisturized skin at most, yet I use nothing. I also had plump cheeks. Those chubby cheeks back in the day were long gone.

I have two dimples, but I do not show them anymore because I have no reason to smile since my parents are gone.

My identical twin is exactly like me, but you can tell us apart like this: she has one dimple instead of two, she wears contacts unlike me because I wear huge round glasses.

I went on to the dining room, and my heart sank when I saw the markings of our height when Sky and I were still younger. My mom wanted to see who grew more faster and we were always the same height so at the time it was just fun because she would chase us around and pin us to the wall so we would stay still. I'm guessing it had a deeper meaning. I intend to find it out.

I didn't know why height was so important to her, and I never even got a chance to I ask her, so I continued for her. Once in a while, I would ask Sky to help me measure her height, but now she would refuse, and I didn't really force her. I am now 5'8 and she is probably the same height.

I looked around the house and I saw the living room which was filled with people about 5 years ago, shouting at the TV but is now filled with emptiness, you know, kinda like me. It's a joke. See, I have a crappy sense of humor.

The kitchen once filled with warmth and amazing food was now empty and cold as hell. Actually, hell would be warmer than this kitchen.

Not to mention the bathroom, which is, well, still the same.

I waved goodbye to the small townhouse I call home. I closed the door, and I looked around. Seeing where I grew up made me realize that I will sure miss New York. I'm starting afresh in the state of Massachusetts.

Sky got a ride for us in a Corolla. Oh, and dear me, I would thank thee, if my heart hath not been filled with sorrow and blazed with anger I'm feeling right now. I read Shakespeare a lot, I'm sure he'd kill me seeing how much improper grammar I've used. I'd kill me if I were him.

It's not that I don't appreciate the ride. It's just that I had a bus ticket, but it's no use passing a free ride.

The car was red Corolla. The fuel efficiency has always been admirable. This vehicle had a fuel efficiency of 30 miles per gallon and 38 miles per gallon on the highway. It had the speed of up to 191 Kmph, and it had cruise control. When I got inside after putting my things in the car, I saw the car didn't have that much volume, so it's either do or die for me. By that, I mean I'm slightly asthmatic.

The car was a 5 seater. It had a cool leather interior and an acorn, which I would love for the dude to turn on. It would be so cool of him if he did that. Get it? No, I'll stop now.

The person who was driving us didn't really look that appealing, I guess Sky must be dating him for the ride. He had dirty blond hair, high cheekbones, and pale skin. He did have muscles, though, and pink lips. He has light hazel eyes, but they didn't intimidate me, they just made him a bit cute. Just a little.

"Did you have to bring her?" I nearly scoffed at his question because Sky was the one who dragged me here.

"Don't worry, babe, she's a nobody. It'll be like she's not here." She said, applying her lipstick that she got from whom the fudge knows where. If looks could kill, she'd be disintegrated first, then those dust particles would fly off to the graves where people mistreat their sisters!

The guy started the emission, and we were on the road. It was cold, so the windows were closed. It was a 4 to maybe 5 hour drive to Massachusetts depending on traffic, so I entertained myself.

The first hour, I predicted that they would break up before we even get to our destination, and I shouldn't have done because they literally threatened to drop me at the side of the road and we were in the middle of nowhere so I stopped. My predictions never fail me, though.

The second our I read about Mechanics, it was a book I 'permanently borrowed' from Ms Serena's boyfriend. I'm really bad with mechanics. I'm always a second or a meter or a kilometer off when it comes to calculations.

I learned about how to fix an oil change or fix the reservoir, which is the pipe that carries access oil. I also learned that cars could be customized by speed. It's just that the dealership does not tell you, and it's pretty dangerous. I learned about how to change a tire, which is apparently crucial.

I would love to customize the speed of this car when we get to Havard.

The third hour, I was exhaling heavily.

"Please just open one window." I begged while I wheezed.

"No." The dude with the blond hair said. My chest started getting tighter and tighter until I passed out.

************************************

I woke up and saw that we were outside a bigass yard and the building. So we're here.

"Oh, you're up." The dude said nonchalantly.

"Yeah." I rubbed my eyes, and I took my glasses from the floor to see clearly.

"Is it like 3:30 pm?" Checking if my interval algorithm is still intact.

"No. It's 4." He said as he sighed deeply. I knew it! My interval algorithm is messed up because I just had to pass out.

"Where's Sky?" Seeing that the front seat is not occupied by the passenger who was sitting in it.

"We broke up. So you called it." He said with fake enthusiasm.

"Boo hoo." I said sarcastically, getting out of the car. I knew my predictions never failed me.

"I feel like you're the better twin." He said, chuckling at my sarcastic antics.

"And you're what? Noticing that now?" I kept my face neutral.

"Yes." He went straight to the point.

"I don't even know your name, and now you say I'm the better twin when, a few hours ago, you wanted to kick me out of your car." I explained as I dragged my grey suitcase out of the trunk.

Wow, my so-called sister didn't even think to take my bag. She must've forgotten with all the ego running to her smart little head. Yes, she's smart too, which is why we are going to the same college, whoopee.

"It's Brandon, and you're right. I can't expect you to accept when I've just accepted you now." He apologetically said, his eyes showing all the sincerity I need to confirm that he is apologizing.

"Thanks for the ride." I said, striding off to campus.

This is it. Starting afresh. Making new friends and getting maybe a boyfriend. My new life is loading in, now!

A/N This fictional meaning it is not real. Please do not plagiarise. It is a crime to plagiarize, meaning taking credit for someone else's work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5M 110K 65
Hailey Summers. I knew she was gonna be a problem for me the second my eyes fell on her in the school hall way that day. I didn't know anything abou...
291K 9K 26
• They were nothing alike and yet had everything in common. He saved her and she saved him. They saved each other from each other.• Derek Roman . He...
1.4K 50 52
Earned her name when she was 16 years. A dark part brought out by the death of her mom Suppressed by the ones who betrayed her and tried living a nor...
596K 15.7K 35
Meet Eve Black: I decided to flirt with the guy that did it, "Heyyyy cutie," I say with a wink. "Hey, pretty lady," he says in a gross seductive tone...