Since 1894 (Captain Jeon)

Bởi snowflora

"Why do two strangers meet and fall in love, when they're not meant to be together?" This story isn't mine. C... Xem Thêm

Story Intro
Part 1 (1-14)
Part 2 (15-31)
Part 3 (32-47)
Part 4 (48-67)
Part 5 (68-85)
Note
Part 6 (86-102)
Part 7 (103-117)
Part 8 (118-136)
Part 9 (137-155)
Part 10 (156-170)
Part 12 (186-196)
Part 13 (197-203)
Part 14 (204-217)
Part 15 (218-228)
Part 16 (229-241)
Part 17 (242-250)
Part 18 (251-260)
Part 19 (261-271)
Part 20 (272-280)
Part 21 (281-290)
Part 22 (291-300)
Part 23 (301-309)
Part 24 (310-322)
Part 25 (323-332)
Part 26 (333-349)
Part 27 (350-355)
Part 28 (365-359) [Smut]
Part 29 (360-372)
Part 30 (373-387)
Part 31 (388-396)
Part 32 (397-414)
Part 33 (415-425)
Part 34 (426-438)
Part 35 (439-444)

Part 11 (171-185)

265 10 0
Bởi snowflora

171.

Tae's tears kept on falling as soon as Bogum told him what happened.

"I promised Captain that I won't tell anyone & you but my conscience can't take it anymore."

"He's the one you should thank. He did not receive his promotion cuz he ran away to save you."

Tae covered his mouth as soon as he started to bawl.

He doesn't know what to feel and even what to think. His thought were so scattered and his heart was beating so fast.

It hurts so much to think that he thought he never cared but it turns out he's still there.

"W-Where is he?" Tae asked, calming himself down. "He's in his office—"

As soon as that, he immediately stood up and ran away —towards the place where Jungkook is always staying.

He bit his lip, trying not to cry again. He doesn't want him to see that he's crying.

But as soon as he opened the door, Jungkook was facing his back, and immediately turned when he heard the door opened.

His wounds on his face were still visible, his bandage on his arm and elbow are still there. He looks so injured.

And that made Tae burst in tears.

"Why are you here? You should be resting—"

"Isn't that what I'm supposed to tell you?"

Jungkook was taken aback by his words. He froze on his place. Tae grabbed the pillow on the side and threw it to Jungkook.

"I hate you so much!" He cried in anger.

Jungkook did not respond, he probably deserved this for what he did to him last week.

"I hate you for still caring, I hate you for saving me, I hate you for messing up with my feelings, I hate you because I still like you even though you hurt me!"

Tae did not care about all the words that he just said. He was in rage, he's furious. But at the same time, his heart was aching.

He wanted to shout at him, he wanted to kick him and throw him off a bridge.

But seeing Jungkook with all those wounds, made his heart weak.

He immediately went towards him and cupped his face, checking his wounds.

"Are you okay? Does it still hurt?" Jungkook can feel the coldness and shaking of Tae's hand. His eyes were full of worries.

He checked his arm. "Who did this to you? They're so mean."

He was speaking in between his cries. He knelt down and lifted the end of Jungkook's pants a bit to see his knee.

"You don't look okay, you have so many wounds—" Tae was taken aback when he saw Jungkook unconsciously and fondly smiling at him.

His heart jumped.

"Why are you smiling?! Do you think it's funny?! I'm worried and you're just gonna smile?!" Tae angrily said and stood up.

He furiously wiped his tears. "You know what? You—"

"I'm sorry."

He was cut off by his words. He did not expect him to say that.

"I'm sorry for what I did last week. I never meant any of those. I was just really stressed and pressured that day so maybe I vented it on you. I'm really sorry."

Tae's heart ached at his words. He really looked sincere. Tae sniffed and gathered himself up.

"So...a-are we friends then?" Tae shyly asked. And Jungkook couldn't control his smile.

"I always see you as that." Tae was caught off guard by his words, and immediately smiled when he saw Jungkook smiling.

That's the first time he saw him smile, and he's beautiful.

172.

173.

Tae felt overwhelmed, he smiled back — but he couldn't help his tears

Jungkook was caught off guard when Tae suddenly hugged him. He's just a bit taller than him.

Jungkook doesn't know what's happening. Why is his heart beating so fast? It's just Taehyung?

Tae started sniffing, indicating that he's crying. His face was nuzzled onto Jungkook's shoulders.

"I'm sorry for doubting you," Tae paused. "I thought you never cared. I thought I never mean to you. I thought—"

Tae was taken aback when Jungkook hugged back.

"You thought what?" Jungkook's voice was gentle and comforting — like he wanted Tae to be the only one who'll hear it.

Tae gulped, he's lost in words. "I thought you won't come and save me." He cried.

Jungkook doesn't know how to respond. Cuz he also, doesn't know why he's protecting Tae. He's a Captain, a soldier, and not a butler.

He can just leave him alone. He can just disobey the general and do his own job.

But there was something in his heart — he felt like he have to protect him.

He WANTED to protect him.

No one spoke. They stood in that position for how long? No one knew.

They're just strangers, who felt familiar to each other. And even just in their first touch — they felt safe and comfortable.

"You said you like me." Jungkook spoke out of nowhere.

Tae's eyes bawled in shock.

He immediately broke the hug and took a step backwards away from Jungkook.

"I said that? No I didn't." Tae looked away, trying to avoid eye-contact. He knew he said that, but it was just the flow of emotions.

And now, he's so screwed.

"You said you hate me because even If I had hurt you, you still like me."

Tae gulped, and Jungkook on the other side is having fun teasing him.

"I never said something like that. And if I did, I don't mean it."

Jungkook nodded. "Really? Too bad, I like you too."

Tae's head shot upright, wide eyes looking at Jungkook. Did he heard that wrong?

"Sorry what?" He asked, he heard it loud and clear. But what if not?

"I said I like you too." Tae was literally frozen on his place. His mind stopped working but his heart is beating so fast.

Tae didn't know how to respond. He doesn't know what to feel. His heart is overjoyed.

Jungkook on the other hand, couldn't help it anymore. "I'm kidding." He laughed and Tae felt so disappointed.

He grabbed the pillow on his side and threw it to Jungkook.

"Ah!" The pillow his his knee and he's groaning in pain.

Tae stuck his tongue out. "Deserved."

He was about to leave when he saw a familiar letter on top of Jungkook's table.

He went towards it and grabbed it. "What...the fuck."

174.

175.

176.

177.

178.

179.

180.

181.

182.

183.

"Why are you here?" Jungkook asked, not giving a look at Tae. He's busy reading a book — a philosophy book.

Tae put the aid kit on his table, and it caught Jungkook's attention. "Why do you have that?"

"The trainer taught us first aids. So I might wanna try it on you."

Jungkook's wounds are a bit fine now. But the stab on his abdomen is still aching.

Jungkook shook his head. "Mr. Kim, I'm literally wounded—"

Tae pouted, "I want realistic things. And it'll train me more. Come on!" He said and opened the kit.

"That's not how it works. Besides, don't you still have another training—"

"Its already 6 in the eve and the trainings are done. Just please, please, let me do this? Pleaaaaase?"

Jungkook doesn't know what to think. How can he reject him when he's acting cute like that?

"Fine." Jungkook sighed, closing the book he was reading.

Tae felt excited, he had some other mission why he's here, but he still wanted to try his skills.

Jungkook stood up and started unbuttoning his uniform.

"H-Hey! What the fuck are you doing?!" Tae felt flustered.

Jungkook on the other hand, was confused. "What? I have a wound in my abdomen. I thought you want realistic things?" He asked.

Tae looked down, trying to his face. "W-Why on your abdomen? You have wounds on your elbow and knees too!—"

"They're fine. And this one isn't."

Tae looked away because even right before he stops Jungkook, he had already taken off his top.

"You don't have to do anything. Just change the bandage." Jungkook ordered, putting his top above the chair.

Tae looked for the bandage quietly. His heart is beating so hard.

He finally found the bandage, he started cutting it until Jungkook spoke.

"Aren't you supposed to measure my waist first?" He asked, and Tae was caught off guard.

He turned around and gulped, seeing Jungkook topless is just...oh my god.

184.

185.

Tae removed the current bandage encircling his abdomen. And it revealed a long cut, its stitched.

Tae felt a bit worried since Jungkook probably got that while saving him. He felt so bad.

He started to encircle a new bandage around his waist.

"Your hands are shaking." Jungkook whispered.

"No, you're just seeing things—" , "Are you flustered?"

Tae let out a loud sarcastic laugh.

"HA. HA. HA. Flustered? Over you? How pathetic." He said and turned around, cursing himself mentally.

They went silent for awhile, Tae was starting to focus on cutting the bandage, and Jungkook was just observing him.

"Captain," Tae called. "Did you get these wounds in the forest?" He asked, cuz he's really curious.

Jungkook hesitated, but he eventually spoke, "Yes."

"There are lots of traps. I avoided some but not all. The one who set you up is really good." He said.

Tae successfully wrapped the bandage around his wound. "There, it's done! See? I'm good at this!" Tae giggled.

He was fixing the kit when sum1 knocked on the door.

"Come in," Jungkook said while putting his top on.

The person opened the door — and its Dongjin — that guy who got involved in a suicide case last week. But he was proven innocent.

And now, he looks pale and thinner. "Good evening, sir." He saluted.

"May I talk to Mr. Kim?" He asked and that caught Tae's attention. "M-me?" He asked.

Dongjin nodded, "If it's okay." Tae was hesitating. He immediately looked at Jungkook and he was also looking at him.

But his eyes, were giving him assurance.

Like his eyes we're telling him that he shouldn't be scared because he's there. And its just the eyes, but they understood each other.

Tae nodded and went outside with Dongjin. It really looks like its a serious one.

"What do you want to talk about with me?" He asked.

Dongjin was fidgeting with his fingers, he's hesitating and he looks anxious. Tae felt even more nervous.

"Hey, it's okay. I'll listen." He gave him a smile to make him comfortable, but it didn't look like it helped.

"Taehyung, I'm sorry..."

He was crying, and he's shaking. Tae panicked because he doesn't know why he's crying.

"W-Why are you sorry? Its not like you—"

"I was the one who hit you that day."

Tae's mouth was open, but no words left it. He can't believe what he's hearing right now.

"That day when you we're getting your bag in your room. I was the one who hit you." He cried, and he's shaking even more.

Tae was lost in thoughts. "Why...would you do that?" His voice tone feeling betrayed.

"I helped you in your case & that's what you're gonna do to me?"

Dongjin shook his head and held Tae's hand, like he's begging for forgiveness.

"No, no, Its not like that. I'm so sorry I never wanted to do that. I spent nights being attacked by my conscience and I can't fight it anymore. Please, I'm so sorry."

Tae felt confused.

"Who asked you to do that?" He asked, making Dongjin freeze.

He looks like he's thinking, then he spoke. "I don't know who he is since he's not the one who asked me. But I heard his name is—"

Tae flinched and let out a loud gasp. He felt so shocked of what he just saw.

❗️WARNING ❗️

- mention of blood- please skip the next thread if you're sensitive with this topic

"Oh my god..." he stepped back with his hands covering his mouth. And since Jungkook was listening through the door, he immediately went out to see what was happening.

Dongjin was lying on the ground, eyes shot open due to shock, and his blood is dripping out of his head.

Jungkook immediately ran to Tae and pulled him inside his office.

Tae wasn't that sensitive to blood, but seeing someone die in front of you is another topic.

He's shaking in fear, and his fear turned into tears. "Just stay here okay? Don't go out until I told you so."

Jungkook ordered, he took a last glimpse of Tae before going outside.

He called some soldiers to get the corpse and clean the blood on the floor. He ordered the others to inspect the whole camp and every soldier.

They have guns, but the culprit used a silencer since they heard no sound of gunshot.

Its already 6:30 and he gathered up all the soldiers in the field, all of them looks confused about the sudden meeting.

But no one had a silencer.

Jungkook spoke his notes and dismissed them. He immediately went to Taehyung.

He's sitting in the corner, hugging a pillow. And he's fast asleep.

Jungkook heaved a sigh. He somehow felt relieved despite of what happened earlier, knowing that Tae is all safe.

He slowly knelt down, and observed his features.

He looks all strong and bubbly when he's awake. He's really stubborn and noisy. But seeing him in this state where he's asleep? Jungkook's mind changed.

After all what happened, he realized that there's a man who freely expresses himself. No masculinity rules, just being himself. Every men that he met is acting all masculine, stern and intimidating — because at this time — men's masculine personality is a must.

But Taehyung, he's beautifully different.

And Jungkook can't help but to smile at him.

Maybe, maybe that's one of the reasons why he wanted to protect him.

He's too precious to sacrifice.

"I promise," he started with his gentle voice, not wanting to wake him up.

"I promise I'll protect you at all cost. Even if that cost, is my life."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

23.8K 911 17
full of love & short story <3 Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung are in a happy, loving relationship when suddenly jungkook gets into a terrible car acci...
53.5K 2.4K 6
"You were ignoring me" "Is that why you posted a thirst trap on your Instagram?" Taehyung and Jeongguk had never been apart from each other for as lo...
2.4M 91.2K 48
[taekookau] "When the war is over, we'll get married and I'll grow flowers like you, and our story will be one of the most beautiful love tales in th...
3.6K 97 16
"People always learns the value of their loved ones ,when they are not with them" Jeon jungkook mixes his professional and personal life. He becomes...