What is a Champion?

By ZeldaFan00003

They had done it. The Calamity was gone. After defeating Ganon, the Champions realize that the peace will be... More

A Potential Threat
Regional Phenomena
Wind and Water
The Furthest Reaches
A Dark Mind

Masters of the Yiga

98 4 13
By ZeldaFan00003

Deep in the Karusa Valley, in the hideout of the Yiga Clan, a group of very important hostages arrived.

A few weeks earlier...

"A-Astor!" Master Kohga exclaimed in surprise after his door was broken down. "To what do I owe the visit!"

"Seer!" Sooga growled. "What is your business here? You did not schedule a meeting! Why did the guards let you in?"

"There are no guards anymore..." Astor chuckled. "And soon, you'll be gone too."

Sooga drew his blades and took a defensive stance, as did Kohga.

"What do you mean, prophecy man?" Kohga asked.

"You Yiga really are fools, after all," Astor said. "When the plan for Ganon's return failed, you all retreated like cowards and gave up! The Yiga Clan is useless with a pathetic, fat, banana-addicted oaf in charge! Your soldiers worship you, the glorious Master Kohga, more than Ganon himself!"

"I wasn't aware of that!" Kohga exclaimed.

"It is true..." Sooga said.

"Though I will admit, I have abandoned Ganon," Astor confessed. "With this great loss, I have seen that Ganon was a weak master. But the many years of my life in service to him have not been a waste! For I learned powerful dark magic and great skills as a seer! And I now see a new master! One that has both the great powers of darkness that the Calamity did, as well as the intellect to crush Hyrule! It is my belief that Ganon failed due to his, well, lack of a brain."

"Fair enough," Sooga replied. "But why do you turn against us?"

"Because there are new candidates for leadership over this clan!" Astor exclaimed. "I'm not having the glorious Master Kohga ruin things all over again! You two either leave this place, or you are dead men!"

"We can take him," Sooga growled.

"Nah, forget about it," Kohga sighed. "He's right. We are pretty useless. And even if we can take him, he's probably got some cronies hiding somewhere to take us out as backup. Let's scram."

"But master-"

"Forget about it, Sooga!" Kohga yelled. "Maybe, I don't know, maybe the King will let us become Champions?"

Sooga sighed, but complied with Kohga's plans, and exited the room.

Astor smiled, and gestured for somebody behind him to enter the room.

"Welcome, Master Jazak..."

In the present

Link smiled as he took out his Yiga Clan captors.

"So, it seems they underestimated my strength..." Link thought.

It seemed the Yiga Clan members had not realized Link was strong enough to take down the cell bars with his own hands. He successfully managed to escape and take out his captors, but now he had to free everyone else before the rest of the clan caught up him. Luckily, he had managed to track down his sword, but he had yet to find anybody else.

"Hey!" Link yelled as an arrow passed dangerously close to his ear.

A Yiga footsoldier was right above him, firing down on him. Suddenly, two Blademasters stood before the Hero, ready to strike down.

"Damn it!" Link yelled.

Suddenly, bomb arrows were fired down from above, and in one explosion, all of the Blademasters were blasted away. The Footsoldier in the air was no challenge after them.

"Revali?" Link asked, noticing the figure responsible for the bomb arrows.

"Indeed," replied the Rito warrior as he descended to the ground. "Those foolish guards taunted me with the keys to the cell, and I simply manipulated the wind to drag them inside the cell. Those guys are so skinny, they fit right between the bars, with some broken bones I suppose. But either way, I was able to snatch the keys, and since then I've been blowing up Yiga soldiers left and right."

"Nice," Link said. "Anyway, let's get everybody else."

"I'll get Urbosa and Daruk." Revali said. "I overheard something about Daruk's special Goron cell. You get Mipha."

"Why are you rescuing two people?"

"Because you can't handle that." Revali smiled, and took off.

"Jerk." Link grumbled.

He ran down a few stairs, only to see a pair of short footsoldiers taunting Mipha, who looked back at them with an annoyed expression.

"Link!" she cried out upon notincing him.

"Ah sh-"

Link cut through the footsoldiers with his sword like it was a morning routine.

He then delt with the bars, and soon Mipha was free. He found her trident a few feet away from the cell, and gave it to her.

"Thank you, Link," Mipha smiled. "Say, I was wondering-"

"Not a good time," Link said. "I think something is behind me."

Link jumped to the side, away from a towering Yiga Blademaster that was standing behind him, allowing Mipha to thrust her Lightscale Trident forward.

"Alright, go ahead now." Link said.

"Well, Link.." Mipha started. "I noticed you've been talking more lately... But you still have the blade of evil's bane."

"Well, I'm not really sure why." Link replied. "I guess with Ganon gone, I felt like my duty was over. And as soon as I felt a reason to speak up, it just opened up a door."

"Y-you see, Link, I've had a plan..." Mipha said. "I w-was saving it for after Ganon, but now we're caught up in this Yiga business... But, now that you're, easier to communicate with, I guess that will make it easier..."

"What plan?" Link asked.

"W-well..."

"Little guy!" Daruk shouted as he appeared at the end of the hall, with Urbosa and Revali beside him.

"Daruk!" Mipha exclaimed.

"Oh, uh, sorry." Daruk said, realizing what he'd interrupted.

Link gave Daruk a confused look.

"Oh, Link!" Mipha exclaimed. "Your leg! Is that a stab wound?"

"Uhh..."

"Why didn't you tell me! That looks horrible! Let me heal it for you."

Blue magical energy emanated from the palm of Mipha's hand as she placed on Link's leg wound, creating a warm feeling as the wound was magically be healed.

Daruk chuckled at the interaction.

"You all ready to take on the boss?" Revali asked when Mipha was done. "Apparently Kohga's out of the business. Footsoldier said he got kicked out and replaced by a new guy who's like, real intimidating. Said he's called Jazak."

"Damn." Link said. "Well, let's get to it!"

"His chamber is just around the corner, from what I overheard," Urbosa said. "A clansmen told me that the boss was very scary."

"Well, I suppose we'll have to find out for ourselves!" Link smiled.

The Champions rushed to the master's chambers, and Daruk pounded open the door.

A tall man in Yiga garments, presumably Jazak, turned to confront them, only to be stabbed in the back. He fell onto the floor, to the horror of the Champions.

Link looked up to see the murderer, only to find himself staring at a dark reflection of himself.

"Who are you?" Link asked.

"My name is Link," the dark reflection replied. "And you just killed my clan!"

Meanwhile

"So uh, Cap'n," asked the lieutenant. "If the, uh, Princess of Hyrule and the, uh, Champions are, uh, missing, and the Yiga Clan has left a note threatening the whole, uh, kingdom, uh, what do we do?"

"Well, first, we quit saying 'uh'," said the Captain. "And second, you call me 'Captain', not 'Cap'n'. And third, we think about that later because there's a Guardian Stalker in front of us and it sure don't look friendly."

The two men jumped aside as a malice-infected Guardian Stalker fired a beam, killing a soldier who had been behind them.

The Captain, lieutenant, and soldiers all screamed, running in various directions and confusing the Guardian. It was all chaos, but one thing was clear. The peace was over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 8.5K 71
The soft side of Anti shines trough the darkness in a little childs life.
1M 33.1K 78
"π™Ύπš‘, πš•πš˜πš˜πš” 𝚊𝚝 πšπš‘πšŽπš–! πšƒπš πš˜ πš•πš’πšπšπš•πšŽ πš—πšžπš–πš‹πšŽπš› πšπš’πšŸπšŽπšœ! π™Έπš'𝚜 πš•πš’πš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽπš’'πš›πšŽ...πšπš˜πš™πš™πšŽπš•πšΓ€πš—πšπšŽπš›πšœ 𝚘𝚏 πšŽπšŠπšŒπš‘...
31.2K 1.5K 16
The story of Seto Kaiba struggling to move on now that he remembers Kisara and the love he shared with her in ancient Egypt. He undergoes a lot of em...
291K 14.1K 94
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...