Sand In My Boots - Morgan Wal...

By glaurensisladybug

When 22 year old, single mom, Aubrey Farrell meets country singer Morgan Wallen at a local baseball game she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 (smut)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 (smut)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 (smut)
Chapter 36
Final Chapter
SEQUEL

Chapter 37

1.5K 19 2
By glaurensisladybug

"Were you just gonna hide this from me?" he said, turning the screen towards me, displaying the texts Jared had sent me. Fuck

"I wasn't hiding anything from you. I just saw this when you left the room!" I defended myself, knowing fully well I might not have told him if he hadn't found out.

"I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind," he said, throwing a sweater on and getting ready to leave.

"Woah, there. Where do you think you're going?" I asked.

"I'll let him know who he's messing with," he spat angrily.

"Can you calm down for a minute? Why the hell do you always have to be so fucking impulsive?"

"Oh, I'm in the wrong here?!"

"That's not what I'm s-"

"You know what, Aubrey? I'm getting a little sick of always being painted as the bad guy. If you think I'm such an impulsive piece of shit then maybe he's right. Maybe you'd be better off with him," he said, slightly raising his voice.

"You don't mean that."

"Oh, I mean it. Call him, tell him to come pick you up. I'm done."

"Are you serious right now?!" I asked, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Dead fucking serious."

"You told me you loved me," I whispered, my voice breaking.

"People lie. Grow up," he said. My heart sank into my stomach. How the fuck could he do this to me?! I let the tears run down my cheeks and picked up my phone. He left the room and slammed the door behind him. I sat on the floor, my legs feeling too weak to even stand on. The pain I was feeling, in that moment, was greater than I'd ever imagined a heartbreak could feel. I sobbed quietly, holding my head between my hands. How the fuck did we get here?

AUBREY, 10:38 AM: Please don't do this to me.. I love you..

I wrote as my hands trembled across the keys. I inhaled slowly, trying to calm myself down, in vain.

MORGAN, 10:39 AM: Go home, Aubrey.

I felt my heart break into a million pieces as I read that. I called Jared.

"Hello?"

"Can you come pick me up?" I sobbed into the phone, trying to regulate my breathing.

"What's going on? Where are you?"

"At Lesli's house. He doesn't want me anymore- He asked me to leave and- Ellie and I-"

"Hey, hey it's okay," he said softly, putting an end to my rambling as I hyperventilated over the phone. "Breathe in," he said, doing it with me. "There you go, breathe out," he added softly.

"I love him, Jared," I whispered, my voice breaking as I spoke these words.

"I'm on my way, alright?" he assured me.

"Okay," I whispered before hanging up.

****

I was waiting on the front porch with mine and Ellie's stuff all packed up when I saw Jared's truck pull into the driveway. He climbed out of the driver's seat and walked up to me.

"You okay?" he said softly, looking into my eyes. I nodded, giving him a faint smile as my eyes filled up with tears. "Where's Ellie?" He asked.

"Inside. I haven't told her yet that we're leaving. She's playing with her bro- with Indie," I mumbled.

"Alright, go wait in the truck, I'll get her," he said softly. I nodded.

"Thank you," I said, walking up to his truck and getting into the passenger's seat. I saw Morgan come out of the house and start talking to Jared. I couldn't hear what they were saying but I could see the conversation was getting heated. I opened the door and climbed out of the truck to hear what was going on.

"Go back in the truck, Aubrey. Everything's fine," Jared told me.

"Yeah, be a good little girl and listen to daddy, Aubrey," Morgan spat.

"Don't fucking speak to her like that you piece of shit," Jared said aggressively.

"Don't push me, motherfucker. I'll knock you the fuck out."

"Morgan," I cried. "Stop."

"Oh, stop fucking crying. I won't touch your little boyfriend," he told me.

"Jealous?" Jared taunted him.

Before I knew it, Morgan jumped on Jared and punched him in the face. I ran towards him.

"Morgan, stop," I said, trying to hold on to his shoulder to break them apart.

"Get the fuck off me," he yelled at me. Jared got back up and pushed him, which made Morgan back up and fall onto me. I hit the floor and immediately knew something was wrong. I looked down and saw a drop of blood on my jeans that quickly got bigger, and bigger. I moaned in pain and started sobbing. I stared straight ahead of me, my eyes wide opened, unable to speak or move.

"Aubrey!" Jared yelled. Morgan turned around and saw the blood coming from my crotch area.

"Shit," he whispered. "What the fuck did you do?!" He yelled at Jared. "What is wrong with you to fucking push me into a pregnant woman?!" He looked at me and I could see the fear in his eyes. "Baby, look at me," he said softly. His voice felt like nothing more than background noise. My whole world felt like it was collapsing onto itself. I could feel my whole body shaking, and yet I was incapable of doing as little as blinking.

"We have to get you to the hospital," Morgan said softly.

"Ellie," I mumbled incoherently.

"She'll be fine. I'll stay with her," Jared said.

"You're not going anywhere near my daughter," Morgan said defensively. "My mom's here, you've done enough. Get the fuck out of here," he said, helping me up.

"Morgan, I didn't-" Jared started.

"Get the fuck out of here!" Morgan yelled. Jared got into his truck and drove off without speaking another word. Morgan carried me in the truck and put me down gently on the passenger's seat, fastening my seatbelt for me. "You'll be okay, baby. I promise. You both will be okay," he whispered into my ear before placing a kiss on the side of my head. I was still staring straight ahead, unable to even make sense of what was happening. He jumped into the driver's seat and drove off, speeding his way to the hospital.

The drive could have lasted five minutes just as much as it could have lasted 3 hours. I was too out of it to even know how fast or slow time was passing. We got to the hospital and Morgan left me in the car, by myself.

"Come back," I whispered, after he had closed the door. I looked down at the puddle of blood that was covering the seat. I felt like I was frozen in time. Everything around me was slowly crumbling as I sat there, by myself, waiting to be saved or left to die. Morgan came back some time later. Maybe a minute, maybe an hour. He had some nurses with him and a gurney. He got me out of the truck and they laid me down onto the gurney.

"Ma'am, can you tell me what your name is," one of the nurses asked me. I was frozen. Unable to answer a single question, even one as simple as that.

"Her name is Aubrey," Morgan said. "She's my fiance, she's 31 weeks pregnant," he said, his voice breaking.

"I need her to answer the questions, sir. I need to see what mental state she's in," the nurse said softly as they rolled the gurney into the hospital.

"Sorry," he mumbled, barely audibly. He held my hand as they rushed me into a room and called for a doctor. Morgan got closer to my face and looked into my eyes, still holding my hand.

"I'm so sorry, Aubrey. This is all my fault," he said, his voice breaking. "I didn't mean what I said, I was just angry. You have to know that. I love you so fucking much, and Ellie, and our baby," he whispered, placing a hand on my belly gently. "Please say something. Please tell me you know I love you. I love you so much, baby," he sobbed softly. I squeezed his hand faintly, trying as hard as I could to let him know that I knew. I knew he loved me and I loved him too. I never wanted him to doubt that. Not even for a second.

"We have to take her into the operating room right now, sir," the nurse informed him. "We're gonna deliver the baby."

------------

Y'all, I'm officially done writing this. Next chapter is the last chapter, which I will post pretty much right away. I hope you guys like this!

XO

LadyBug

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 53.4K 54
Highest rankings: Break-up: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche romance: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche: #1 (11th May 2020) Cheesy romance: #2 (20th May 2...
49.1K 3.3K 26
"Sometimes you have to learn to love yourself before you can love someone else." Ellie Sparks stands out in a crowd... in all the wrong ways. From bi...
47.3K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2× on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
5.9K 50 15
[Book 3 of the Country Love series] Cassidy Allen loved hunting and fishing and was never afraid to get a little dirty. She loved doing rodeo events...