the view between villages...

By liminal_faces

Armed with nothing but a GED and a small sum of inheritance money, you move to Hawkins, Indiana in March 1985... More

Author's Note
PART ONE: GOOD BONES
PAGE 1: Start Here
PAGE 2: Go with Steve, Dustin, and Robin
PAGE 3: Escape with Dustin and Erica through the vents
PAGE 4: Get caught with Steve and Robin
PAGE 5: Stay in the theater
PAGE 6: Go with Dustin
PAGE 7
PAGE 8: Fight back
PAGE 9: Tell the General the truth. Again.
PAGE 10: Do not go with them.
PAGE 11: Run
PAGE 12: Help him
PAGE 13: Try and find Steve
PAGE 14: Investigate the hospital murders
PAGE 15: Go to the Fun Fair
PAGE 16: Go to the 'Back to the Future' Screener
PAGE 17: Chain yourself up
PAGE 18: Search for Steve to help you
PAGE 19
PART TWO: HAUNTED
PAGE 20: Start here for Part 2
PAGE 21: I feel great!
PAGE 22: Listen to Steve and go home
PAGE 23: Go along with them
PAGE 24: (Gently) push Steve aside and remove the tarp
PAGE 25: Let Steve continue playing whack-a-mole
PAGE 26: After the boathouse
PAGE 27: Go with Robin and Nancy to the library
PAGE 28: Go with Steve, Max, and Dustin to Ms. Kelley's
PAGE 29: Max is cursed
PAGE 30: Agree to go
PAGE 31: Don't let her go
PAGE 32: After saving Max
PAGE 33: Bats with Dustin and Eddie
PAGE 34: Creel House with Max and Erica
PAGE 35: Sing to Max
PAGE 36: Rush at Jason
PAGE 37: Vecna with Nancy and Steve
PAGE 38: Hawkins' New Normal
PAGE 39: The Three Gates
PAGE 40: Waiting Room
PAGE 41: I feel...bad.
PAGE 42: Confront the bastard
PAGE 43: Run away
PAGE 44: After your odd nightmares
PAGE 45: Listen to Steve and go home to rest
PAGE 46: Go along with them anyway
PAGE 47: Push Steve aside and remove the tarp
PAGE 48: Let Steve continue hitting the tarp with his oar
PAGE 49: After talking to Eddie in the boathouse
PAGE 50: Go with Robin and Nancy
PAGE 51: Go with Steve, Max, and Dustin
PAGE 52: You are cursed
PAGE 53: Try and fight him
PAGE 54: Run like hell
PAGE 55: After you get saved
PAGE 56: Stick to the plan
PAGE 58: Decimate the plan
PAGE 59: Hawkinspocalypse
PAGE 60: A HAPPY-ISH END

PAGE 57: Screw the plan

16 1 9
By liminal_faces

"Are you sure you want to come with me instead?" you say. "Won't the others need your help with Vecna?"

"You should see Max with a baseball bat," Steve says. "If she's up for it, she can take my place."

"Thank you." You squeeze Steve's hands. "I really appreciate you wanting to be by my side."

You lean up and kiss him, suddenly realizing that if this plan goes awry, you won't be able to do that anymore.

When he parks the Winnebago by the Creel House, Nancy takes the driver's seat and wishes you well. Erica and Lucas share a long hug before she follows you and Steve out of the RV and up the front porch steps.

"You ready to end this?" Steve asks quietly.

"Yeah," you lie. "Let's do this."

***

Once you've figured out where Vecna is hiding, you remove your headphones and begin speaking to him. You're trying to goad him into putting you in a trance so the next phase of the plan can commence: Max, Nancy, and Robin killing him in the Upside Down.

You tell Vecna all about the guilt you feel for arguing with your father the day he died. About the times you wished you'd spent time with him instead of going out with friends or staying up in your room alone. You lament about last summer, about how scary it was facing the forces of the Upside Down, and how you sometimes wish you'd never come to Hawkins.

Steve begins taunting and berating you, cluing you into the fact that you are now in Vecna's trance. You escape and run through the house, focusing on happy memories to keep Vecna at bay as much as you can.

When it finally seems like he's got you cornered and you're done for, somehow Eleven shows up to fight him.

But when Vecna gets the upper hand and has you pinned up, you keep expecting to hear "Better Things." You're waiting for your metaphorical, musical getaway car to the real world, and it doesn't come.

You feel your arm break. You cry out in pain, but before anything else happens, you hear "Better Things." But it's not the recorded version from your cassette — someone is singing a capella.

"Here's hoping all the days ahead won't be as bitter as the ones behind you," the slightly familiar voice warbles. It starts to sound clearer and you realize it's Steve singing. "Be an optimist instead and somehow happiness will find you ... "

The portal to your world opens, and you try to pull one of Vecna's tentacles. He dodges you, but Eleven swoops in just in the nick of time. She and Vecna continue to fight while you run toward the portal, getting closer and closer to Steve as he continues his song:

"I know tomorrow you'll find better things!"

Just as he finishes the chorus, you wake up, sailing to the ground. Steve swoops to kneel next to you. You notice he has a black eye.

"Are you okay?" he asks frantically. He notices your arm bent funny and says, "Shit, that's a dumb question."

"I'm fine," you say, a little breathless as you sit up. You grimace at the pain shooting through your wrist and elbow. "Well, my arm hurts. And I'm still kind of afraid Vecna will come for me again. But I'm here. Eleven showed up, somehow. And I heard you singing."

The apples of Steve's cheeks flush pink, but he smiles.

"I learned every line for you, babe," he says. "And thank God I did. Jason broke your Walkman."

You look over and see Jason Carver knocked unconscious. That explains the black eye.

"I'm so glad you were here, Steve," you say, voice shaking. "Vecna had me. He was about to kill me..."

"But he didn't," Steve says, accidentally squeezing your bad shoulder. You wince and he pulls his hand away. "Shit. I'm an idiot."

"No, you aren't," you say. "But let's get out of here, please. Hopefully the others killed Vecna and finally ended this."

Steve helps you to your feet and the two of you meet Erica outside the Creel House, hopefully leaving the horrible place for the last time.

GO TO PAGE 60 FOR THE "A HAPPY-ISH END" ENDING

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.8K 928 63
George and Nicole Harper had never had an easy life. From one set of divorced parents to another, these half siblings have had it tough. Ever since...
36.9K 766 34
steve harrington x FEM! reader all rights go to the duffer brothers for the main story (along with the script) and characters. I'm just some silly pe...
33.1K 732 40
"You've got a mean mouth and you're the rudest girl I've ever met." "God, I- you just- you just... drive me insane, and I hate you! I really hate you...
1.7M 42.4K 71
"The way he looks at her. Like she's the most important thing in the world to him." "I think she is." Experiment X - that's was she was known as. A d...