Love Happens

By sunrays20

On a lavishly decorated altar that exuded opulence, two people took their wedding vows. One, adorned in a red... More

Plot
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter fourty
Author's note and Chapter forty-one (end of book one)
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13 (Last Chapter)
Announcement
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Announcement
Second book

Book 2, chapter 1 and Author's note

2.4K 94 11
By sunrays20

Don't skip! It is an appreciation post.
I'd like to begin by thanking all of you. It really amazed me how people were reading this book word by word. Thanks, thanks. To those who messaged me and asked me to publish, I've listened. Here's the chapter. I said until August, I was actually planning until August, but the love I was showered with made me change my mind. Although updates won't be regular until August, enjoy! I tried my best to see this chapter is also good. You said Anand and his family should atone for taking advantage of Shraddha's good heart, I've listened too.

Happy reading!

Omniscient Narrator!
Shraddha's foot dangled at the boundary on the balcony of a six grounds building. Below her was a sea. How she ended up there was something she couldn't remember. Regardless, the cops chasing her arrived and encircled her from all directions ordering her to turn herself in or they would shoot her.

"I didn't do it. If you let me go, you won't see me in Mumbai ever again." she said having no intention to surrender and spend seven years or life imprisonment in prison for something she didn't do.

On the other hand, in court, Riya worried and rushed to Anand to help him. He shoved her to the floor and as she got up and tried to approach him again, he sent her a cold look and spoke with a voice lacking any emotions.

"Stay away."

"Are you still supporting her? She killed my child. She...."

"You've gone mad, Riya. I don't wish to speak or see you. Your presence upsets me. You listen to what others say, but never to your family. Have I ever lied to you? Do you think Shraddha is capable of kidnapping someone? Murdering someone? Is this how you view her?" at the end of his sentence, he let out a loud groan from the pain that was erected in his chest. He felt a sharp pointer penetrating his heart.

"Be calm Anand. Don't forget you were sick not so long ago." she became bothered about his health.

"I have thought about it. I can't sacrifice an innocent life in return for a life by hiring someone to take the blame for a crime Shraddha has no connection with. However, I will take the blame upon myself. If it is life imprisonment, I will spend the rest of my life in jail. Maybe that will make you happy." he lashed out at her and tried to get up. As he fell flat on his stomach, she cried inconsolably watching him struggle to be on his feet. She told herself everything that was happening was because Shraddha came into their life. Her brother was telling her to her face that he doesn't wish to see her.

She stormed out of the courtroom in anger.

~~~~~****~~~~~

"We'll count to three. Surrender or we'll shoot you." the inspector warned Shraddha. She was taking slow steps backwards. He received a call from the commissioner so he told his colleagues to nab her before he returns.

"Jai Hind Sir!"

"Jai Hind! The lady has been granted bail. One of the criminals has been detained and after a thorough investigation, he testified Ms Shraddha wasn't their Boss and they took her name because they were paid to use it. Moreover, Ms Riya has withdrawn her complaint. The case got more complicated. Bring her to the station to sign the bail papers immediately."

"Okay. I will bring her to the station to sign the bail papers." he said.

Someone watching him from behind a pillar heard that. As the Inspector returned to the balcony to inform Shraddha that she was now free-for a while, the man loaded his revolver with bullets. He went after him and hid behind one of the pillars there.

"You've been granted bail."

Shraddha's eyes further to the man wanting to shoot her who hid himself from everyone. Before she could call out his name, the silent revolver dispatched a bullet into her stomach and she fell off.

A gloaming, black cloud engulfed the blue sky distributing a strong gush of wind that exploded. The city from afternoon turned like evening. In Anand's house, Poonam and Riddhima were with Lakshmi in Anand's room. They were showing her the last photo album of their mother which was there. One by one, Shraddha and Anand's pictures fell off the wall. The glass on them cracked as they land on the floor.

"Mother's pictures!" Riddhima's voice earned her a glare from her Aunt and Poonam. Poonam gripped her hand tightly and said.

"She is not our mother. She is only father's wife."

"I've accepted her. She has become my mother. She's nice."

"I'm tired of this behaviour Riddhima. You choose who you want to maintain a relationship with. Her, or me! If you choose her, be certain I'll never speak to you again." Poonam voiced with a serious voice.

The weight of the decision made Riddhima speechless. She couldn't choose one and leave one.

"Your silence implies you're choosing me." Poonam smiled.

~~~~~****~~~~~

"I withdrew the complaint for your sake." Riya told her brother.

Anand's mind was preoccupied that he didn't hear what she said. He has planned out everything. He wanted to make everything right. He told himself when Shraddha will walk in through the door, he would propose and ask her to marry him again. This time around, he will perform all the ceremonies and rituals to suit her beliefs. They won't skip any so that they will stand by each other's side for a lifetime. He will give her so much happiness and will try to divert her mind from her mother's death. They will also move out of his home. He said there was no way they would live in an environment where she wasn't respected or trusted.

He anxiously stared at the door. His blood stuck on his finger as he waited. It was going to rain for them. For their new beginning.

All he wanted was for her to arrive at the station safely.

The commissioner held Riya's hand and took her to his office after he arrived and saw Anand's eagerness that was visible to everyone as he waited for his wife.

"What happened? Where is she?" Riya enquired sensing something was wrong from the long face he wore.

"I don't know how to break the news to Mr Anand. Sadly, his wife fell into the sea. The rescue team took a long time to reach there, and," He paused to catch his heavy breath. Riya stared coldly with thin lips.

"And?" She questioned, eager to hear if she died.

"The rescue team are there, but can't enter the water until the weather stabilizes. As you know, it's not safe to go into the water during winds or when it is pouring. It will rain at any moment. We will have to wait. The sea is deep and broad. She can't be found at once. However, the police and search team are all over the area."

"Is there a chance for survival? Can she be found alive?" she feigned her sympathy to find out or she would complete the task herself.

"I'm sorry for both of your losses. Do explain it to your brother." he whispered while looking down.

After she stepped out, she laughed silently while having tears in her eyes. A part of her was sad while another was happy. A part of her was glad divine justice fell on Shraddha that avenged her daughter's death. She didn't believe a word from the man that testified Shraddha wasn't part of the kidnapping. Ranbir told her he may have been bought by Anand to clear his wife's name since he was still in denial the innocent-looking Shraddha was capable of kidnapping. However, another part wanted her to have an easy death not by drowning even though she made her daughter die from starvation.

She wasn't planning to share the news with her brother keeping in mind if he learns about the incident, he would make sure the rescue team goes into the water even if there will be a flood in the city or he himself will go in judging by the great concern he has adopted from the blue for her-who he recently met.

"I'll say she managed to escape and went on the bus to Ladnun." having that on her mind, she went to him and gently placed her hand on his shoulder.

"What did the commissioner say?" Anand asked. He was aware when he came and took her in.

"Shraddha returned to Ladnun. We waited, but she wasted our time. I hope she will never show up again. Let's go home. Let's go home and mourn my daughter's death Anand. Shraddha isn't worth us or our time. We...."

After he turned and sent her a ferocious glare, she went silent.

"Who is stopping you from going? You should have left since. I didn't keep you here. And for Shraddha, I'll meet her in Ladnun. We will return together."

"In this weather?" she inquired.

He got up and left without answering her question. There was a strong wind outside which was eradicating people's stuff and transporting them. Trees danced like they were going to fly. Nonetheless, Anand told himself he won't let the weather be an obstacle for him.

Do vote and comment💞. Cheers to a new beginning💞💞💞💞.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.8K 3.4K 37
Sequel to Halcyon "Kismat se humein aap humdum mil gaye, Jaise ke dua ko alfaaz mil gaye. Socha jo nhi vo haasil ho gaya, Chahun aur kya ke khuda de...
4M 139K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
235K 14.3K 54
This story is all about journey of Arhaan and Jeevika and how they come closer and face the challenges of married life. ...
Rajputana By Manika

Historical Fiction

202K 8.1K 28
"I am ready but there is only one problem that my month has come". She said while controlling her smile. Abhirath asked in confusion "what? month?? W...