Red Is For Love (Io Shirai X...

By Freedom_Fighter24

Kai Hosako, the twin brother of Kaori Hosako, is Japan's first autistic pro wrestler who made waves in New Ja... More

Profile
Debut
In-Ring Debut
Training Together
Masami's Debut
Adam vs Ren
Surprise!
Yokohama
Tokyo
Talk(s)
Yamaguchi
Six Man Tag
Head Over Heels?
Strong vs Hosako
Ready To Fight
Happy Birthday Minoru!
Making History
Moving In And Birthdays
On The Trail
One More Day
WarGames Pt. 1
WarGames Pt. 2
After WarGames
The Old Returns
Two Segments
Time Together
Phoenix Pt. 1
Phoenix Pt. 2
Challengers
Livestream
First Squash Match (As A Champion)
Johnny vs Ren II
Writing A Book
New York Pt. 1
New York Pt. 2
Attack of The Fan
New Look, New Attitude
Return
Be Mine
EVOLVE Pt. 1
EVOLVE Pt. 2
Promo
Johnny vs Ren III
Masami's Birthday
New Entrance
XXV
No More BS
Mixed Tag Match
Toronto
Ren vs Io
Contendership
Invasion
Something's Wrong
Confrontation
Back To Full Sail
Happy Day
Strong vs Hosako II
Fish vs Hosako II
Appreciation
8 Man Tag
A Big Mistake
Final Straw
Split Interview
Yes?
Preparations
War Pt 1
War Pt 2
Wrestlemania 36
Special Day
Epilogue Pt 1
Epilogue Pt 2
The Process of Creating Kai "Ren" Hosako

Unexpected

319 5 14
By Freedom_Fighter24

~With Kai; March 4, 2020; 10 Minutes Later~

Kyle, unlike Strong and Fish, he's been giving me a good fight!

Unlike the last time we fought, he was really just doing whatever he could to make me tap and lose, especially when my opportunity to challenge Adam for the NXT title is on the line.

Instead of staying down, I kept fighting by chopping and forearming him. When I gave him a forearm to his face, he staggered, I snapmared him in the middle of the ring, I sat him up, ran to the ropes, and kicked his chest, making the fans at Full Sail cringe!

I covered Kyle but when he kicked out at 2, I immediately went after the arm and started to perform small joint manipulation.

As I was about to perform my signature armlock setup, Adam, Strong, and Fish had to run out to try and stop me!

I was able to get out of the hold for now and then forearm them off the apron until the Broserweights came out to even the odds, and we were outnumbered, but I have a shock for everyone after this, which will happen sometime very soon.

As I was occupied with Kyle, who was still reeling from the painful holds that I've been giving him, I decided to put the Sleeper on him, just so I could join Matt and Pete in the fight and quite surprisingly, O'Reily was weak and limp.

So, I performed my Brainbuster and covered him...

Crowd: ONE! TWO! THR—

Just as I was about to win the match, Adam had to ambush me from behind and cause a DQ, give the ref no choice but to call for the bell!

Masami, who was out here with me, didn't know what to do since all four of them were trying to beat me down!

Pete and Matt tried to stop him by getting into the ring, but Roddy and O'Reily took them out of the equation almost instantly as there was nobody to help me and I won't be able to get to Tampa Bay and challenge Adam Cole for the NXT strap.

WHICH IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!

You see, I'm always one step ahead of these dumbasses because I managed to bring over someone who I'm very close to and the timing of this happened to work out really well between his schedule with New Japan and my path towards the NXT Championship.

Hell, I even got Hunter to approve of the guy I'm bringing in to help the Broserweights and myself out for a couple weeks! I even said he can enter the Full Sail arena whenever the time is correct because I trust him with my life.

Even Masami knows who I brought in to help us out as our guy, he got the approval from New Japan to finally come be with us, not just in NXT, but to spend time with Masami, Kaori, and myself.

When O'Reily, Fish, and Strong picked me up and had me on my knees while spreading my arms out, I started laughing like a psychopath, and Adam was confused and terrified at the same time!

I even decided to yell this out...

Me: COME ON! HIT ME AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS YOU DUMBASS! HA HA HA HA!

He was going to, but when he lifted the title up and set me up for hitting me with the belt, the lights went out as I kept laughing!

Renallo: Wait! What the hell is going on!

Phoenix: Why are the lights out?!

McGuiness: I don't know, something's not right here!

Then, the guy's theme played as everyone turned their attention away from the ring to the titantron as it started to show the video as the lights went up just for a bit and the it all turned blue...

Renallo: Wait a—. What do we have here?

When the crowd saw his name, they lost it and gave a pop so deafening, even the Undisputed Era were in disbelief at who arrived as the theme started and the photographs of my father started to appear on the titantron!

McGuiness: It can't be!

Phoenix: The hell's going on?!

Renallo: Look at the eyes of the Undisputed Era!

Adam: Oh shit.

As soon as the violins rapidly played, it showed him entering to a match while the speakers were singing...

Speakers: Oshieteyo hito wa naze sagashitsuzukeruno?

Renallo: Adam Cole shaking his head "no"!

Speakers: Kagirinaku setsunai ashita no

Phoenix: It has to be!

Crowd/Speakers: Yume wo!!!

McGuiness: Guys, I'll see you at the next show, I gotta get outta here!

Renallo: Are you really leaving, Nigel!

McGuiness: I'm afraid of this guy, so yeah, I'm leaving! You expect me to sit here when he comes out? I don't wanna die!

Phoenix: Yeah, good luck with that!

As soon as the instrumental part of the song was finished, he walked up onto the stage as the fans popped again, but this time even louder than before!

He was in his Suzuki-Gun tracksuit and as he was walking down the ramp, he was staring into Adam's soul in particular with a rye evil smile on his face!

Renallo: THE KING HAS GRACED US WITH HIS PRESENCE! MINORU SUZUKI IS IN NXT!

Phoenix: This is why Ren was laughing! He knew something nobody else did, not even us!

Renallo: Student of the late Billy Robinson, one of the last remaining pioneers of Catch Style Wrestling, and the former protege of the legendary Karl Gotch!

Phoenix: And a very, very close friend of Ren Hosako, almost like a father to that young man!

Renallo: Suzuki must not be happy with what Adam has done to Hosako a couple months prior, but now that he's here, I think this is Cole's last day on earth!

Phoenix: Adam, good luck trying to swivel your way out of this one!

Minoru was telling the fans to clap to the beat of the song as he walks down the ramp at a very slow pace, which I was really enjoying.

Adam: What is he doing here?! You had to do this, Ren! You had to!

Me: HAI! I KNOW! HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

When he got on the apron, Adam and his friends were frozen with fear. They didn't know what to do!

Then, Minoru gestured the fans to clap, as they were out of fear and respect, and he was wanting to hear them scream out that battle cry.

As the chorus was about to end, I smiled at Adam and yelled...

Me: NOW YOU ARE GONNA DIE, HA HA!!!

When Minoru stepped through the middle rope...

Crowd: KAZE NI NARE!!!

...he immediately attacked Adam first before moving onto the others as I soon joined him!

Renallo: And a forearm to Adam Cole! To O'Reily! To Fish! And now to Strong!

Phoenix: Suzuki annihilating the Undisputed Era!

I started fighting alongside my mentor and we were just brawling with ReDRagon, Fish and O'Reily tried to stop us by kicking our guts and then hitting the ropes, but we hit the same ropes as them.

When they tried to hit us, we ducked them, and we locked them in with the Rear Naked Choke, causing the fans to cheer with excitement as O'Reily and Fish were fading.

As soon as they went limp, Minoru had O'Reily's head between his legs as I had Fish under my arm. We hyped the crowd up, and I gave Fish my...

Renallo: Brainbuster!

...while I got up, pointed at Suzuki with both fingers, and he gave Kyle...

Renallo: THE GOTCH STYLE PILEDRIVER!!!

Phoenix: Listen to this place!

Crowd(chanting): SUZUKI! SUZUKI! SUZUKI! SUZUKI! SUZUKI! SUZUKI!

I saw that Pete managed to grab Strong's fingers before they could escape and then...

CRACK!

He broke Strong's fingers!

And Matt Riddle, he gave a ripcord knee to Adam as the two got in the ring with us and we stared down the UE as they went up the ramp.

The sight of the four of us together was awesome, but not as awesome as standing right beside the man who I consider a father, Minoru.

After a while, Suzuki and I stared each other down, as if we were going to fight or betray the Broserweights.

Crowd(chanting): HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!

This staredown was making the fans go crazy but instead of fighting or betraying the tag team champions, Minoru smiled, SLIGHTLY breaking character, extended his arms, and I hugged him with no hesitation, causing the fans to pop again and feeling the embrace of Minoru's made me emotional.

Renallo: Wow! What a moment!

Phoenix: It's been two years year since they've together, Mauro! They deserve it after such a long time!

It's been a year and a half since I've felt his embrace and what better way to reunite than him debuting on NXT to help us out?

I wanted to cry in the ring, but I was holding back my tears the best I could.

After hugging it out, we turned our attention back to the UE. Minoru had his arm around me as I was smiling, staring at Adam with my tongue sticking out to the side of my mouth, letting him know that I got Minoru by my side, and we're gonna win this war.

Then, I saw Regal come out with a smirk on the balcony above us, and I think I know what's going to happen...

Regal: Seeing this lovely reunion in the back just gave me an idea!

The crowd cheered as loud as they could as Regal was about to proclaim it...

Regal: NEXT WEEK! For NXT Appreciation Night, there will be an eight man tag team match. In the main event, it will be the Undisputed Era, taking on the Broserweights, and the team of Ren Hosako, and Minoru Suzuki!

The crowd popped again as the UE were in such terror that they didn't know what they were getting themselves into! I could even smell the shit in their pants all the way from here!

Then the "yes" chants started as Suzuki's titantron played, and he continued to stare down the Undisputed Era with his signature evil grin as he yelled...

Minoru: おい!あなたはおそらくこれを知らないかもしれませんが、私は日本に戻るための世界中の時間をいつでも持っているので、しばらくオーランドで私に会うことになります、この卑怯者!(Hey! You probably don't know this, but I got all the time in the world to return to Japan, so you're gonna see me in Orlando for a while, you cowards!)

When I heard that, I immediately started to get even more emotional, but I stayed in character until we got to the back, but hearing Suzuki call the UE cowards made me laugh a bit.

Masami got in the ring and joined us as we had to go out when all of this was over.

Then, Minoru started clapping, gesturing the fans to clap to the beat, making sure that he heard them as we go up the ramp.

He was really excited that the fans would go along with the song as Masami and I had to as well.

Once the chorus was playing, Suzuki pointed at his own picture that was on the titantron, he clapped and gestured the fans to get ready to yell out the line.

As it was about to end, I gestured the crowd to get ready to scream at the top of their lungs.

When Suzuki put his hand to his ear with a smile...

Crowd/Masami/Me: KAZE NI NARE!!! (BECOME THE WIND!)

...and he smiled and we went to the back but in the locker room, I was tearing up, just because I finally got to be around Minoru again.

Minoru: カイ、大丈夫? (Kai, are you alright?)

Me: 元気だよ、ミノル。またあなたのそばにいられることが本当に嬉しいです。 (I'm fine, Minoru. I'm just happy I get to be around you again.)

Minoru: ねえ、少なくとも私たちは一緒に戻りました。あなたが今年ウォリアー賞を受賞したというニュースを見たとき、あなたが受賞するのを見るためにここに来ることについて新日本と話さなければなりませんでした。 (Hey, at least we're back together. You know, when I saw the news about you getting the Warrior Award this year, I had to talk to New Japan about coming here to see you get it.)

Me: その必要はありませんでした。あなたの代わりにチケットを買えたのに。 (You didn't have to. I could've bought the tickets for you.)

Minoru: わかっていますが、あなたは鈴木軍のためにたくさんのことをしてくれたんですから、私があなたのために何かをするのは当然のことです。あなたを誇りに思います、カイ。私は本当に〜です。 (I know, but you've done so much for Suzuki-Gun, it's only fair if I did something for you. I'm proud of you, Kai. I really am.)

We hugged as Masami had to join in.

We all eventually went home as Minoru had no problem staying with Masami and I as we were going to relive our old days when Suzuki and I roomed together during our time with Suzuki-Gun.

Also, since Kaori moved out with her new husband Oshiro, who is now my brother-in-law, and is staying in Orlando for an indie wrestling show, the guest room had been vacant and Masami and I offered to let Minoru stay with us.

He accepted and it was great to be around him again after almost two years, especially with New Japan allowing him to stay with us for a couple months or so. It's just the best, and our 8 man tag team match is going to be even better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 355 63
Peter Reynolds may have signed an NXT contract, but a Pirate Princess in particular caught his eye. Will they develop feelings for each other, or wil...
15.4K 300 49
Finley Flanigan hasn't always has the best of friends besides Kevin Owens, the one man he trusts, but a certain Genius of The Sky fall for him takes...
4K 57 6
Credit for the story cover goes to @Freedom_Fighter24. Thankyou so much again brother! The Archangel Daniel Dalton, also known to be the first openly...
17.8K 296 32
Since turning heel, Io Shirai has dominated the NXT women's division and looking for a shot at Shayna Baszler's NXT Women's title. She had embraced h...