grandpa hair

By theonlyp34r1

"hey take me home!!" "i don't even know you." ❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。 after arriving at a party you didn't want to be at... More

• grandpa's hair •
o. prologue
i. wasn't kaveh's fault
ii. colorblinding red flags
iii. the catch-up's
iv. seas of trees
v. rain rain go away
vi. duolingo sees all
vii. and they were roommate's
viii. bye bye bye
x. lore drop
xi. exes & the oh's
xii. drenched in what?
xiii. trip -in' in finesse

ix. he's ugly anyway

155 12 5
By theonlyp34r1

"y/n?" layla called, peering her head into your room.

you were curled up on your bed in a fetal position in sweatpants and scaramouche's hoodie. it had been three days since scaramouche and you ended the relationship, and you were not taking it well.

there was no closure, no true reason, no final end as to why you and him had to end things.

"hm?" you uttered out, your throat dry from crying.

layla's eyebrows creased at your voice. "when was the last time you drank any water?" she asked, leaning on your door frame.

you shrugged your shoulders, mindlessly scrolling through yours and scaramouche's old text messages. three whole year's were now down the drain.

"you have a class later today," she reminded, placing a glass of water on your night stand. "please eat something before heading out. oh, and take a shower..."

you sighed, curling into yourself more. "thanks," you mumbled, placing your phone down and cuddling into your pillow.

layla frowned and let out a soft sigh. she hated seeing you so broken. everyone knew scaramouche wasn't a good guy for you, but you believed wholeheartedly that you could "save" him; even if it was just a little bit. of course, everyone supported your decision because you looked so happy.

now your cheeks are stained with tears, you haven't showered, your appetite has been lost entirely, and you could feel your heart shatter at anything that reminded you of him.

layla sat at the corner of your bed, resting her hands on your mattress. "i'm always here to help you. if you ever need to talk, or just need someone to keep you company, i'm always here," she said softly, glancing at your figure worriedly.

you hummed, feeling tears prick your eyes once again. it wasn't because of your ex this time, but because of the sheer kindness all your friends have given you during this time of need.

the blue-haired astronomer sat up from your bed and walked to your door, taking another look at your disheveled figure. "i'm heading to my class right now. i'll see you after, okay?"

you could only hum again. the door closed gently, the click echoing in the strangely quiet room. you were left alone again, with your thoughts.

there wasn't anything for you to do. well, you needed to do quite a but. yet, there's truly nothing for you to want to do.

instead, you stayed curled in a fetal position, letting the tears leave your body once more. this sucked.

• • •

now messaging:
DA BOYZ 🥶🥵

Cyno
I know the girls are probably on top of it, but I want to show her our appreciation too. 😕

Tighnari
layla invited us to her dorm cyno

Cyno
Oh yeah! After her class, right?

Tighnari
yes, cyno

Roommate
i knew he was a bitch ass this entire time

he deserves to choke on whatever dick hes been sucking

Tighnari
honestly

tho we told her that he wasn't a good match but she didn't listen

Roommate
nah ur not wrong but its not her fault that he was a bad person

u cant pick n chose who u like so dont put that into her head

shes going thru enough as is bro

Alhaitham
Kaveh's actually saying something nice for once?

Roommate
oh great he's here

Cyno
Hello Alhaitham 👋

Tighnari
look who's here

Alhaitham
I feel so welcomed.

Roommate
🙄

anyway!!

when does her class end again

Tighnari
layla knows

so did yk who but obviously we don't care abt what he has to say

Cyno
Real

Roommate
will she even go to class tho

she hasnt left her room in literal days

Alhaitham
Is this some surprise party?

Tighnari
no

a friend of ours was just broken up with by her ex boyfriend and we wanna show that we're all there for her

Cyno
3 whole years too 😕

Alhaitham
That's a long while. Any reason why they broke up?

Roommate
alhaitham wanting to gossip? thats a first

Alhaitham
Shut up. I just finished a book and have nothing better to do

Roommate
so studious 🤓

Alhaitham
Unlike a certain cretain I know.

Roommate
ME??

Tighnari
we don't know any details

Roommate
HOWEVER we suspect that she was cheated on

no specific evidence tho 🥲

Alhaitham
Interesting. I will never understand the mind of a cheater. Rather than breaking up with their partner, they'll just hook up with someone else while deceiving the other party.

Roommate
it pains me to say this but ur actually right

Cyno
Enemies to lovers? 🫢

Roommate
kys.

Alhaitham
Doesn't that mean "Keep Yourself Safe?"

Roommate
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Cyno
Even I know what that means 😆

Tighnari
who told you that 💀

Alhaitham
Someone. I guess they lied.

Roommate
secret lover i presume??

Cyno
🫢

Tighnari
🍿🍿

Alhaitham
No.

Roommate
maidenless as ever, i see

Alhaitham
You're in the exact same boat as me, Blondie.

Roommate
i can still pull tyvm 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tighnari
who's gonna tell him...

Alhaitham
Lol

Cyno
I need to finish up my own business

Farewell 👋

Tighnari
i'm heading to layla's dorm rn to help prepare

cya there

Roommate
WAIT FOR ME

im almost done with my class n ill be On my way!

On my way!

oh my god

On my way!

NO

OMW

GOODBYE

Alhaitham
Huh.

• • •

either you were unbearably paranoid, or everyone's beady-little eyes were watching your every move.

you rubbed your temples as people stole glances at your exhausted figure. you prayed this wasn't over your breakup. sure, scaramouche was a decently popular man as he was apart of "the harbingers" (a subgroup within the fatui club that tends to cause occasional havoc), but word wouldn't have gotten out so quickly.

shouldn't have, you corrected yourself.

all you wanted to do was go to class, head back to your dorm peacefully, and binge watch all the cute episodes of shojo animes while pigging out on f/fl (favorite flavor) ice cream to soothe your broken heart.

however, the world isn't fair.

we're not in high school. quit gossiping in front of me, you thought, grumbling to yourself. this was just annoying.

you stride past the ogling students in the halls to outside, the sun beaming down on you. how you wish the sun didn't show up today. you were hoping for cloudy skies, maybe even a downpour to represent your mood.

somedays you wished to be a gacha character that controlled all four elements at your own disposal.

a girl can only dream.

alas, you reached the entrance of your dorm building. you were thankful that your dorm was so close to your classes on campus. it was convenient.

just as you were about to enter, a chipper voice called out your name. you internally groaned, wishing to just make it back to the comfort of your bed. seems as if life had other plans today.

"oh y/n~! what a pleasant surprise!" the voice called out. you turned around to meet icy blue hair running at you.

your eyes widened as you recognized scara's friend and club mate, il dottore. every nerve in your body told you to run, but your feet refused to move. it hasn't even been a week since the breakup, and yet the entire university and scaramouche's friends were talking about you.

"hello dottore," you greeted awkwardly. you were not prepared to see nor talk to anyone. you still had scara's hoodie on with black sweatpants accompanying it. you didn't even bother putting on proper shoes; f/c crocs encasing your feet.

"i know it must be a surprise to see me right now. especially considering everything that happened recently between you and scaramouche," he said, a smile becoming onto his lips. "however, i have a message from him!"

you narrowed your eyes at the masked-male. "why didn't he just ask me himself?" you asked, gripping onto your bag's straps.

"he assumed you blocked him." you sighed a the accusation, slumping your shoulders. "i was waiting for him to text me when he wanted his stuff back."

"ah," dottore breathed, his smile never fading. "well, he wanted me to tell you that he's sorry."

a subtle gasp escaped your lips. scara never apologized for anything. if he's apologizing to you, he truly means it.

or does it? a little voice in the back of your mind chirped.

brushing off that thought, you asked the icy-haired male if he really said such a thing. dottore only nodded, his smile growing. "he's been miserable for the past three days. barely eating, barely attending classes, not even bothering to attend our club meeting."

seems as if we're in the same boat.

"well," you adjusting your posture, "i'm thankful he feels sorry."

"and?" dottore pushed on, inching towards you.

"and what? there's nothing else for me to add. he said what he said and i'm not going to accept an apology from someone other than himself. he has my number. he can call or text if he truly feels that way," you stated firmly, glaring at dottore.

he shuddered under your stare, stepping back. "i'll let him know, then."

you nodded. "you do that. if there isn't anything else, i need to head back to my dorm."

dottore nodded, watching as you entered into your dorm building. he sighed once you entered the building, pulling out his phone to message his harbinger group chat.

• • •

now messaging:
the harbingers

the doctor
Balladeer

It didn't go as planned

balladeer
k

the doctor
You're so dry

childe
because he was just dumped by his gf 🤣

i should swoop in & steal her

balladeer
i will shave off your ginger locks

n chop ur balls off

childe
the kid hasn't had his nap yet 🥺

the doctor
Ironic, aren't you, Childe?

childe
BLAH BLAH BLAH

why are u even going out of ur way to do all this

just text her u pussy

balladeer
hell no

im not doin allat

childe
ur literally so dumb 🤣

the fair lady
Childe has a point there, Balladeer.

Just text her you want her back.

regrator
Why, I must agree with the lady! One must have a conversation to receive what he wants!

childe
i think u fucked up big time if she's refusing to even speak to dottore!!

the maiden
the doctor is weird

childe
touché

the doctor
I'm right here...

childe
and?

go back to ur chem experiments or smthin

balladeer
maybe i did fuck up

the fair lady
You're just now realizing?

balladeer
🖕

mona wont even talk w me

childe
id treat her better 😛

balladeer
kys no one likes u

this is why ur failing

this is why ur parents literally dont like u

childe
U want to talk abt MY family??

ur mommy is literally the dean of inazuma college

& u dont even like her

so stfu & sit ur short legs down

while ure down there suck my dick 🤣‼️

balladeer
fuck u

the doctor
Hahaha

What are you going to do now, Balladeer?

balladeer
text her i want her back

she's been infatuated by me since forever

she's bound to take me back

childe
who's gonna tell him.......

the doctor
Idk Balladeer, she looked worse for wear. You messed up big time. You broke up with her instead of hearing her out. You feigned ignorance instead of trying to understand where she was coming from.

balladeer
k

childe
bro doesnt understand

the doctor
A lost cause, I must say

• • •

one simple class was exhausting. being assigned a project? even more exhausting. being forced to chat with dottore about your ex? the most exhausting thing ever.

all you could wish for was a peaceful afternoon. maybe some tea with layla while you both watched a movie.

before entering your dorm, you noticed multiple voices inside. your dorm wasn't too small, but it wasn't big enough to fit however many people that you heard in there. layla wasn't one to throw parties, or have anyone over for that matter.

are you being robbed right now?

you quickly scratched that idea. who would rob a college dorm?

what if it's scaramouche's buddies trashing your place? and that was why dottore stopped you today?

panic filled your body. was he that butt hurt? no way.

you moved your backpack from your back to your stomach. you put the hoodie over your head, covering your face. you never fought anyone, but today might be the day you have to.

with a deep breath, you turned the doorknob slowly, and kicked the door.

although the voices immediately ceased, you were expecting scaramouche's buddies frozen. not your own friends.

"oh..." your fight-and-flight immediately kicked off, and unknown relief flooded your system. "i thought you were scaramouche's buddies trashing the place."

"yep. she's lost it," kaveh commented.

you shot a glare and removed the hood from your head. "what are you all doing here?"

"why is your backpack on your stomach?" tighnari questioned, tilting his head.

"unimportant," you took off your backpack and placed it on the floor, "what is going on?"

"well... you seemed so down these past few days, so we thought to just have a hangout between all of us," nilou explained, smiling sweetly.

your adrenaline ceased the moment you heard those words, needlessly collapsing onto the floor. you were so exhausted, and your friends recognized that in you. they noticed you struggling, and wanted to help you.

tears pricked your eyes as everyone crowded around you, worried. you simply sniffled as collei and layla helped you on your feet.

"you guys are the best," you blubbered, wiping your eyes. "i don't know what i'd do without you."

your friends hugged and consoled you. tears streamed down your cheeks, crying in their arms from the overwhelming kindness they have given you throughout the past few days.

even after everything, they were still at your side. even if they knew they were right about him, they didn't ridicule you. even through the hell and back you gave them, they were still at your side.

and you're extremely thankful for them.

after the tears were shed, you cleaned yourself up. dehya loaded up your comfort movie as layla moved all the snacks to the small table in front of the projected screen. tighnari and cyno managed to grab some blankets, and kaveh brought some extra pillows. nilou and collei waited outside your door, just incase you needed anything.

you finished fixing yourself up, and made your way to the "living room" with nilou and collei. you scooted between dehya and layla, sharing a blanket between the three of you.

"is everyone situated?" dehya asked, remote in hand. an arrangement of yes's replied, permitting the movie to start.

even if the day didn't end up good at the beginning, everything was going to be okay at the end of the day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 2.7K 19
❝i came across your profile, you're cute.❞ ❝thanks but there's no need to lie.❞ ⤷ shikanoin heizou x gn!reader ︑︒⚬∙︓·⠄ in which your friends pay a ti...
108K 2.3K 21
"We're not exactly friends..." Is what Kaveh would say if you were to ask him how his relationship was with Alhaitham. Nobody knew that they, in fact...
6.9K 154 36
Kaveh, a year 2 college student who rented out an apartment with another person, he had no idea that this person would be his old high school "frien...
2.8K 112 18
[Name] [L/Name] a CEO of a high end fashion company, owning buildings, and overseeing lots of people as she make money left and right. Her sharp tong...