Moonlight [Nikolai Lantsov]

Par molihuajinghua

She escapes the Menagerie with the help of someone that would do anything for money , so he lured her into a... Plus

The Escape
The Job
Hellgate
The Rescue
The Past
The Sun Summoner
The Moon Summoner
The Darkling
Nikolai Lantsov
The Alliance
The Announcement
Tied
The Compass
The Neshyenyer

My Inara

320 8 0
Par molihuajinghua

A nice lady showed Inara to her room.
"Thank you" Inara said as she closed the door behind her after stepping in the room.
Oh, Saints. This is the nicest room I've had since I was fifteen.
A small smile appeared on her face as she looked around and forgot for a second everything that happened today, the crashing, the revealing of who she really was, the Sanctuary, the stares and the proposal to someone who was not her.

She did not wish yet for marriage, and she knew he could have never asked her since everything would happen negatively, she shook her head as if to kick that thought away and rummaged through drawers and the closet for a nightgown and when she finally did find the dark blue night gown she stripped out of her clothes and wore it.
She stood in front of a mirror, and yet in the dark she could see her scars running along her arm, she turned around and saw the ones visible on her back, she stared at them long enough for her to ask herself a question.

Were these created on my body because of my braveness or weakness?

She placed her knives on the bedside table and one underneath her pillow and one under the mattress.
She sealed the window shut and as she was about to lay down she heard a voice.

Oh, Saints. The Darkling.

'Hello, Moon Summoner' .

He stood in front of her, looking down at her with a straight face, he had the same scars on his face as he did when she once saw him.

"Kirigan? I suppose?"

'I see you' ve learnt my name, Inara Vensik'

Her name coming out of his mouth was the most wrong thing.

"I see you know the best time to visit me. Get out of my head".

'Oh, darling. I am quite real. And you look exactly how I thought you looked in the Moonlight. Powerful.'

"We will tear down the Fold, Kirigan. I promise you that and you will go through pain until you take your last breath. I can guarantee you that."

'You must be so foolish. I'm still alive. I am the most Powerful'.

"I might be foolish, but I promise you that if you don't die in your own, I will find a way to haunt you until I get a chance to slit your throat. You think I'm incapable of doing things on my own, you are most wrong."

He looked as if anger had grew inside of him because of her words and security as she said them.
He stepped closer until his hands were on her neck.

"You have nothing to say".

'These scars. We have that in common, my Inara. These were once wounds and now are still not properly healed. I can heal you, my Inara. The scars on your arms, and back are healed. The scars on the inside are not. I can help. Me, you and Alina.
We were always meant to be from the very beginning. Don't you see that? '

"We were never meant to be. You are a monster. A monster. A coward. Hidden. And for what? You know you're too weak. I know it. Alina knows it.
Everyone knows you're a coward hidden in the comfort of darkness."

' You were made for this, my Inara '

At that he strangled her, his grip was to tight and she could do nothing about that but watch a smile grow on his lips, she tried to reach for one of her knives and successfully grabbed ahold on one of them and stabber him in the arm and he let go off of her.
He winced in pain, glared at her and vanished.
The room suddenly felt cold. She looked around and found no trace of the Darkling.

She sat down on the bed holding her sore throat, taking deep breaths.
And minutes passed by with Inara unable to sleep. She sat up and flinched at the knocking, she slowly walked towards the door, unlocked it and opened it just to reveal Nikolai.
She could not decipher the look in his eyes and stepped back.
She took a moment to notice his chest barely covered by a silk green robe, she looked up, his hair all curly and quite messy.

She let him in and closed the door behind her as she turned on a small light that could barely light up the room.

He stood there infront of her, he did not know why he knocked on her door, but he knew he needed too.
"Do you need anything, Nikolai?"
He barely shook his head as he looked at her, then his eyes trailed off to her shoulders then down her arms, discovering scars she hid underneath her clothes.
His hand slowly touched her shoulder expecting her to flinch, instead she found his touch warm. She did not flinch, he was close enough to hear her heartbeat. And she was close enough to hear his heartbeat.

Beating for one another.

His hand stopped and took her hand in his, their fingers touching and that is when he saw the red marks on her throat.
"Did someone enter your room and did that to you?"

She shook her head.
"A little encounter with Kirigan, the truth is his weakness".
She said calmly and as always her calmness shocked him.

"Did he do anything esle to you?" he was worried.

Inara gave him a small smirk "No. I stabbed him with the truth and with my knife".
He tried to contain his smile but couldn't.
He wanted to ask her many things, but held back.
Why was it difficult to do so?

He took her hand in his, his eyes glanced to her eyes and lips, she glanced to his eyes and lips, and as if the time stopped, he leaned in, slowly until his lips were on hers.
She felt that feeling again, his hands took her waist pulling her in gently, her hands went around his neck.

Inara's hand cupped his cheek as his hands left her waist and cupped her cheeks in his hand, longing for her to be closer.
And once both were out of breath the broke away, panting and their foreheads touching.
His hand again found hers and he spoke, still breathing heavily.
"Inara".

"Yes, Nikolai?"

He took both her hands in his and he spoke once again.

"I would have married you , Inara. Whether people liked it or not , I would have married you. That , is a political marriage with Alina-"

"You don't have to explain the reasons of your actions to me , Nikolai. Nor to anyone ."

"I love it" he grinned.
"Love what?".

"When you say my name" he smiled and her lips were on his.

꧁꧂

Oh, Saints.
It was the next day and Inara woke up feeling calm until she remembered the event of last night.

What were you thinking, Inara?

What was she to do? All she could do is watch until this war was over.
Inara sat up and glanced over at the beside table only to find the bloody knife she used on Kirigan.

Is Alina seeing him too?

Inara looked away, sighing before she got up and got dressed for the day.
And yet she found herself thinking about him. About his soft lips pressed to hers, his hands on her waist.

Stop, Inara. It happened once. And it will probably not happen again. You can't let it happen.
What if words spreads out?

Inara nodded at her own thoughts as walked over to the bed and grabbed all the knives.
Tucking one inside her boot. The others where they usually go, she brushed her hair keooing in down instead of braiding it this time, and once she stood back up she heard a knock.
She unlocked it but hesitated before opening it, she heard another knock and once she opened it, stood a man with curly dark hair. Nikolai Lantsov's brother, Vasily Lantsov.

Saints help me. What does he want now?

Inara held her calm face and smiled gently not stepping out of the way and instead kept the door close to her, occupying the only space left to step inside the room.
"Yes?"
Inara heard a lot of things about him and she was always left disgusted.

"Goodmorning, Inara Vensik. I hope you slept well, tonight?"

"I have, thank you for asking,"she didn't want to keep him any longer so she spoke to get right to the point " to what do I owe this visit?"

That's not a charming smile.

" Before taking any steps I needed to make sure you weren't as cruel and heartless as the books and people told. Since we all know you are the Moon Summoner. But don't worry. I don't believe what is said, Inara" Inara had the urge to shut the door, lock it and escape from the window but she couldn't.

Oh, Saints. What does he mean by taking any steps? Saints, please let him vanish. Help me.

"Thank you ?" Inara said unsurely, as always, she held that same expression, not showing any other emotions but calmness and yet she felt disgust on the inside.

He chuckled "I'm the heir to the throne you see. It is something my brother will never be. I am most Loyal."
Inara knew where he was going but acted clueless.
"Oh, is that so?"

"Yes".

"And tell me. What are you most loyal to?"

"Many things, Inara. I could be mist loyal to you".

Saints, please. Let him vanish from my sight at once.

"Like you are loyal to the brothels?" Inara smiled innocently, she knew men like him and they disgusted her.

His face fell "How dare you disrespect me like that, I can have you beheaded."

"And I can do worse than that to you in this instant. You might be the heir to the throne but I am the Moon Summoner.
You consider yourself loyal, but loyal to who? Your pride? To the brothels?
You expect me to be charmed by your words?" Inara said, full confidence in her voice that left Vasily Lantsov furious and embarrassed.
He looked as if he were ready to yell at her but withheld that wish once he saw her calm face and slightly glowing hands.

" You will regret this " he said and left rapidly.

Oh, Saints, that man needs help.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

101K 3.6K 20
"In the night I hear them talk, coldest story ever told." "Ivan wasn't the Generals first heartrender, no one knows what happened to Mashk...
29.3K 849 21
❝i want you to touch me there make me feel like i am breathing, feel like i am human ❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇... on the alter of the devil, up is down, pl...
10K 331 17
Lilian Safin was the secret that nobody had known about except for general Kirigan. Isolated from everyone including her own sister doing everything...
333K 8.1K 62
He meant everything to her. Three years later and she'd still do anything to keep him safe, sacrifice everything to protect him- even if that meant k...