Cracked {Vic Fuentes}

By ughabuggabandlife

McKenna Wesley had it all, the friends, the boyfriend she was graduating college and she had a job lined up... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Guts
Chapter 2: A Night We Won't Forget
Chapter 3: Dress Shopping
Chapter 4: Mad At Myself
Chapter 5: Missing You
Chapter 6: Here We Go
Chapter 7: No Different
Chapter 8: Go Go Go
Chapter 9: Waking Your Neighbors
Chapter 10: Who's Ready To Party...not me
Chapter 12: Loose Lips Sink Ships
Chapter 13: Silently I'll Wait
Chapter 14: Sure As Hell Meant All Of It
Chapter 15: Breakdown
Chapter 16: I Know It's Tough
Chapter 17: What's So Good About Picking up The Pieces?
Chapter 18: We Need A Hero
Chapter 19: I Promise This is Personal
Chapter 20: Bring Me Home Again
Chapter 21: Back Up Plans
Chapter 22: Homesick
Chapter 23: This Home
Chapter 24: It Feels So Early
Chapter 25: I Was Saving Myself For You
Chapter 26: Just Keep Holding On
Chapter 27: Hell and Back
Chapter 28: What If I Don't Even Want To
Chapter 29: You Said You're Having a Baby
Chapter 30: Oh, You're Killing Me
Chapter 31: Fight Back For What You Want
Chapter 32: My Heart, I Surrender
Chapter 33: Check Mate
Chapter 34: You Make Me Feel Low
Chapter 35: Everything is A-Okay
Chapter 36: Shameless
Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE

Chapter 11: A Friday Night Like This

1.1K 32 19
By ughabuggabandlife

McKenna

It was awkward. I don't even know why I agreed to this. Maybe it was gratitude towards him for returning what I cherished most. I don't even know what it was, I just felt like I owed it to him.

His face lit up as we stopped in front of a little café and walked in taking a seat in a booth.

"I loved this place as a kid, my mom used to take my brother and I here all the time." He explained as I looked around at the fifties designed café and smiled a little at the cuteness it held. There were pictures of old artists and old actors. It was pretty cool.

I looked up to see a waitress walking towards our table with a smile on her face.

"How's everyone today? Can I get you guys something to drink?" She asked taking out a little ring notebook. Blues Clues. Was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it and smiled at the memories.

"I'll take a water, thank you." I said softly.

"I'll take a sprite." Vic smiled at her as she wrote it down and looked back up.

"Excuse me, but I would just like to say congrats." She whispered to us over the table. I gave her a confused look and she smiled at me.

"On your engagement. I love seeing couples here, it's so sweet. The ring is absolutely beautiful by the way." She said simply gesturing to my ring.

"Oh-um-"

"Thank you, we're very excited for the big day." Vic said reaching across the table and grabbed my left hand and squeezing it.

"Well that's enough chit chat I'll go get your drinks!" She said turning around and walking away from the table. I pulled my hand away automatically and raised my eyebrows at Vic.

"And simply telling her that we weren't even together was off the list why?" I asked

"Awh c'mon Mick! Did you see her? She was so excited. I couldn't make her feel awkward."

"You're ridiculous."

"I believe nice is the word you're looking for." He shot back while the waitress came back with a tray back of our drinks.

She set the sprite down in front of Vic and the water in front of me and pulled straws from her apron, along with her notebook and pen.

"I'll take a bacon cheeseburger. With fries please." Vic said, not even giving her a chance to ask what we wanted.

"And I'll take the Caesar salad please." I said quietly while she smiled warmly at us and walking away.

"What's the ring so special for anyway?" I snapped my head away from looking at the waitress and locked my eyes on Vic's.

"Huh?" I asked.

"The ring. Why's it so special?" He asked gesturing to my ring finger. I wanted to be a total smartass and say because apparently it's my engagement ring. But I wasn't going to, so I just shrugged.

"Its nothing." I felt my chest tighten by saying that, but I honestly just didn't want to give any information away.

"It's gotta be something that you got all in my bubble for." He said jokingly. At least I think it was. I hope it was. I only stayed quiet.

"I saw the photo album on your kitchen counter. You were really cute-"

"Wait you looked through it?" I interrupted before he could continue.

"Its not like it was hidden or anything. It was on your kitchen counter." He said defensively. I rolled my eyes and looked down at the ring on my finger.

"It was my mom's." I whispered shrugging it.

"That's sweet." He commented. I nodded and didn't say anything else about it while the waitress came with our food and placed it down in front of us.

"Enjoy lovebirds." She said sweetly. I felt a twist in my stomach and suddenly I wasn't so hungry, but ate the food anyway.

"You know you're really quiet." Vic commented while I looked up from my food.

"I'm not that quiet." I whispered.

"You always whisper or talk really low, I've never seen you really shout unless it was about the ring. You're like a mouse." He said while eating a fry. I shrugged and looked back down at my salad.

Something hit my head and I looked down and saw a French Fry on the table and smiled.

"C'mon Mickey Mouse, have some fun." Vic said tauntingly and chucked another fry as it landed down my shirt.

"I've never heard that nickname before." I admitted and chucked a piece of lettuce at him.

"Well now you have, I'm honestly proud of that. That was on the spot." He said. I laughed and stole a fry and ate it.

"Well gee, why don't you eat my burger too." He said rolling his eyes. I shrugged and picked up the burger taking a big bite and covered my mouth while I chewed.

"I've never seen a girl eat like that." He said surprised.

"Sorry." But it came out as sowry.

He laughed and shook his head "that was hot." I blushed and swallowed the giant bite. I felt full off of that one bite and held my stomach.

"That was filling." I commented and looked through my purse for my wallet. The waitress stopped in front of our table and took purple plates, leaving the check. I pulled out my card and he raised his eyebrows.

"If you even try arguing I'll punch you in the dick."  I said getting up and walking to the counter with the check waiting for the cashier to ring up the check and sighed leaning my elbow on the counter. 

This was boring, I just wanted to get out of here. I also wanted to hang out with Vic more. Like really bad.

Vic

I stared at McKenna walk up to the counter before I pulled out my wallet from my back pocket and pulled out a ten and took care of the tip. I saw the lady walk up to the register and start helping her.

She was really fun to be around and I really liked her. As a friend. I might've fucked her, but I can't develop feelings like that in two hours. It was impossible.

I just really wanted to become good friends with her.

"Vic?" I looked up at the call of my name and felt my face burn up. I didn't know if I was blushing or paling at the sight.

"Ronnie?" I whispered. I looked next to her and saw the guy that I saw in the picture two nights ago. Glad to see how fast she moved on. Sarcasm.

"Hey Vic how are you?" She asked letting go of the guy's hand and leaning down to hug me, but I leaned back and rejected her hug. I know that it hurt her that I cheated on her. I like to think it did. But it hurt me way more to find out she's been having an affair basically the whole time. 

"I'm good, yeah good and yourself?" I asked nervously and kept glancing back to see McKenna having a conversation with the cashier that rung up our check. Damn it.

"Splendid." She said smiling.

"Oh! Where are my manners? Babe!" The guy turned around and smiled. Geez go ahead lower my self esteem more.

"This is Vic, he's a good friend of mine." Yeah a good friend that fucked you countless times. "Vic this is Brandon, my boyfriend." She said sweetly. She was trying to get on my nerves, I could just tell. I wouldn't let it happen. Just fight fire with fire. I smiled and shook his hand and looked to see McKenna looking over at me.

"Babe! C'mere!" I said waving my hand towards her. She looked confused, but started advancing slowly towards me.

"Just play along please." I whispered softly in her ear.

"Ronnie, Brandon, this is my girlfriend Mickey." She smiled and held out her hand offering it to my surprised ex girlfriend and her new boy toy.

"Hello!" She said cheerily. When Ronnie didn't extend her hand, Mick slowly put it down. I looked at my watch and pretended to look rushed.
"Well would you look at the time! Busy, busy, busy. Gots to go! See you around!" I said grabbing McKenna's hand and rushing from the café and towards my car.

"What the hell Vic!" McKenna yelled as I started the car and pulled as fast as I could.

"Sh. Just sh." I said softly driving back to the apartment. She huffed but stayed silent the entire ride back to the complex. I was not only angry but my anxiety levels were through the roof and my hands started to become sweaty from squeezing the steering wheel.

"Vic?" I jumped when I felt her hand make contact with the middle of my thigh and looked at her really quick before looking at the road again, before I could even understand what was happening she spoke.

"Oh Vic." She said softly and wiped my cheeks with her thumb.

"You'll be ok." She whispered and sat back in her seat.

"I've never had a Friday night like this." She whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 122 46
We were a perfect match, maybe that's why we burnt out. This story contains smut, drugs, suicidal thoughts & suicide
8.7K 288 14
Jaime has had a crush on Vic for ages. When he finds out Vic's secret, he can't help but become overly jealous. When Jaime finally gets his way, some...
394K 8.5K 26
College student Cara Sanders has lived a tough life but keeps her head up all the same. One night at a bar, Cara and Vic Fuentes meet on unlikely ter...
176 3 23
PTV fanfic story