An Odd Octoling

By ddxcrr

This is a Splatoon manga x Octoling reader, I made this cause my cousin likes the Splatoon manga and she want... More

What's an Inkopolis?
Meeting Rider and Army
A curry turnabout!
new gear and meeting Aloha
Relaxing At Mahi Mahi!
A day with Rider
Sub weapon Hell.
The ruthless skull
Ready For A Rematch!

Training against a sniper

408 10 4
By ddxcrr

It was the next day as you wore a Zekko Hoodie, a paisley bandana around your neck and finally some school shoes you bought with rider a few days ago as you wanted to wear something different today and the defeat from yesterday finally sunk in overnight for the blue team as they all looked down, especially for Goggles as he didn't even smile when he woke up today and you were getting concerned about his mental health.

Specs: ...That battle was awful.

You remembered the match from yesterday as it was still fresh in your mind.

Goggles: Let's go, Let's Go!

The match has started as you and rider were watching the battle between Blue vs Purple.

Specs: Let's ink it up!

Goggles: if we play like we always do, we'll be fine!

But soon headphones was sniped by skull as she was soon splatted before she got to the center.

Goggles: Headphones!

Specs: Where the hell did that come from?!

Soon bobble was sniped as well as she was splatted.

Goggles and Specs: Bobble!!

Goggles and Specs looked up the crates and noticed skull was on top of it with his E litre with his E litre aimed at them.

Specs: He... He's so strong!! The S4'S... Skull!!

Soon they were both splatted as skulls team began to invade their base and Soon they were being camped by skull as his team began turfing making sure that it was impossible for them to win.

Specs: We couldn't get anywhere near him...! So of course we couldn't land even a single dent in him...

You looked at goggles as you were worried since he didn't interrupted specs yet, but as soon as you saw him you couldn't help but stifle a laugh.

Goggles: Huh?

Headphones and Specs: You're all bloated!!

Bobble: It's all just flab...

You tried your best not to laugh but bobble was not helping at all as she was laughing and soon you began to laugh, Rider appeared and saw that goggles was bloated from all the drinks he had as he slammed his roller on him to flatten him.

Rider: I'll dent you in a Minute!

Goggles: I had a dry throat!!

Soon goggles began spitting out all the water he drank as you and Bobble pushed his belly down to squeeze out all the water in him.

Rider: I'm here to give you guys that special I was talking about. Listen, this skull guy is unlike anyone you've fought against before. Doesn't that worry you?

Goggles: Not at all.

This confused you and rest as you all remember his shocked and down look when skull insulted him.

Specs: but you were so shocked before, weren't you?

Goggles: You've got it all wrong!

Specs and Headphones: What?

You were more confused as this wasn't making any sense as you looked at goggles as he had his hand behind his head and was smiling.

Goggles: I was just feeling a bit anxious about it all at the time, that's all! I really wanna battle with skull once more! Let's all train together today!

Specs: mmm... Guess there's nothing else for it, let's do it! Even though he terrifies me...

Headphones: Right!

Bobble: We'll do our best ~!

You nodded as well as you soon grew a smile on your face and began to cheer with them.

Rider: Right, Let's get going!

You and Blue Team arrived at Moray towers as it was very high up, you looked over the railings as you could see how high up you guys you were at and you unconsciously held specs hand as he tighten his grip as he was getting very nervous and scared.

Goggles: We're so high up!

Soon a loud clang can be heard as you looked across and saw Rider was on the other side of the stage with an E liter in his hands .

Rider: Listen Up! Skull is the strongest E liter user there is!! So to kick things off, you're gonna get used to the 3k scope! Each of you, come forward, one by one.

Headphones: You can use an E liter?!

You tilt your head as you didn't know that Rider had an E liter as well as know how to use it.

Rider: I always practice with other weapons, so I can know how to counter them in battle.

Specs and Headphones: (Is he for real?!

You then wrote in your notebook so the next time you go to ammo knights you can practice with other weapons as well so you can know how to counter them in battle.

Rider: this training of mine isn't gonna be easy! Be prepared to get splatted! Who's up first?!

Goggles: Me, I am!

Goggles went forward as he ready himself as he wanted to go first.

Goggles: All right! Here I go!

But before he can hit the floor he was hit in the crotch by Rider using the E litre.

You looked rider as he had a small smirk on his face as he did that.

Goggles: No way!

Rider: What'd I tell you?

Headphones and Specs: You only gave him two seconds!

Specs: but more importantly.

Headphones: Why did he shoot him in the pants...

Rider: It wasn't on purpose!!!

Headphones, bobble and Specs: You sure?

You also Wrote it in your notebook as you made it big enough for rider to read through the E litre scope, soon Specs placed his brush down as he uses it to go down the slope.

Specs: I'm going in from the side!

But he was soon shot down as he was splatted.

Specs: you can still get me here?!

Rider: Next!

Soon it was headphones turn, then bobbles but they both weren't able to avoid the E litre's range.

Headphones: here too?! And here?!

Soon It was your turn as you look straight ahead of rider as he had the E liter up as he was aiming right at you.

Rider: As a roller your main enemy is those who have superior range than your rollers Fling, try to get past this shot!

You stood there for a bit until you remember what you can use your sub weapon for, you soon got your roller out as you began turfing. As rider finally charged the shot he shot it at you and you quickly placed a beacon beside you as it took the hit for you, this shocked everyone and rider had a satisfied smile on his face.

Rider: Good thinking, since beacons are considering as physical objects just like sprinklers and splash walls. Some rollers or anyone with these subs use them as shields since enemy player's can't hit you since it both body blocks them and prevents them from hitting any ahead of your path.

Goggles: Wow, Y/n is so smart!

Specs: Good thinking Y/n!

You had a smile on your face but you Soon quickly placed another one down as rider continues to shoot at you.

Rider: Who said that it was over, you still need to get to me if you want to win!

You use this opportunity to get some ink back as you transform into your Octo form and swam in the ink as rider begins to charge his shot, luckily the Zekko hoodie your wearing has the ability ninja squid as you sneak you way down to the center as rider began aiming around trying to find movement in the ink as it soon dons on him on why he couldn't find you.

Rider: Clever, one of the gear your wearing has ninja squid as it's ability.

Goggles: Ninja squid? What's that?

Specs: Ninja Squid is used by players who wants to move around the battlefield undetected. Since there are no ripples for enemies to spot while the player swims, they can sneak to a better vantage point or escape a dangerous situation.

Headphones: Sadly However, slight indents left in ink can be seen, allowing very perceptive players to still take notice of the player's presence. Ninja Squid is useful for players which want to move into the center undetected.

Rider: Doesn't mean you have to rely on it a lot, you need a perfect weapon to use it properly. Even then like your leader said it's very situational what you use ninja squid for.

You waited until rider aim far away from your position as you got up from your ink and swung your roller to turf some of the center, rider hearing the swing of a roller suddenly turned around and aims the E litre at you but you were quick as you placed another beacon as it took the hit for you and you began to turf your way towards rider.

Goggles: Go Y/n, Go! Your almost there!

You stopped using your roller as you need to conserve some ink and regenerate some more, as you made it up the slope you placed another one down as rider had finished charging his shot as he aimed at you but It was soon block by your beacon. Soon you took cover behind the ramp there as it was out rider's sights and you use your roller to make an ink puddle as you hop in it to refill your ink tank.

Goggles: Look at that, Y/n is so closed to rider!

Specs: Yeah but now rider only needs move as little as possible now since there's no need to try to aim at her when he needs to lined his shots.

Rider: That's right, Since I need to only move a bit to adjust my aim. now you need to plan on how to get to me without being hit by my E liter.

You were thinking very hard until you have an idea and used your special, you transform into a kraken as you began going towards rider.

Goggles: Y/n is using the Invincible Kraken, That's so cool!!

Rider didn't try to shot at you as you were still a kraken and even if he did it wouldn't work as it will only pushed you back a bit, he smiled a bit as he saw how clever you are under dire situations.

Rider: Hmph. Clever, Very clever. You waited until you were almost near the top to use your kraken, Very few knows how to counter the kraken. Even the E liter I hold does have kraken but i can't use it's special since I'm only teaching you guys to avoid the E liter shots.

You soon reached besides rider as you were still a kraken as he soon turns back to goggles and the others.

Goggles: Booyah!! Y/n Got past the E liter!

Specs: Yeah, but now... It's our turn again to get past it.

Headphones: Ah shirmp, here we go again.

Rider: It seems you guys have Y/n here as your counter to skulls E liter but until you've gotten past this, Beating skull is out of the question!

You transform back to normal as you noticed that goggles got an idea as he began shooting his Splattershot.

Goggles: I got it!

Rider: All right!!

Soon goggles barely dodge the E litre shots as Rider became surprised that he was dodging them so well.

Specs: He's dodging every hit!

Headphones: That's amazing goggles!

He began dodging more as you were amazed at how fast he was dodging as rider couldn't land a single hit, soon goggles stood up and was holding his jar of pickled plums.

Goggles: I just thought, "My snack is gonna get damaged!", And then I was able to dodge it!

Specs: Are you serious?!

Rider: Huh? ( He literally can't just do things like a normal person!)

Headphones: But, you know it might actually be a good strategy!

Specs: Alright, let's give it a go! "Operation: This will happen if we get hit!"

Bobble: That's the way~

Headphones: " If I get hit, I'll get acne!"

Specs: " If I get hit , I'll have to wear contact lenses!"

Bobble: "If I get hit, I'll go to hell!"

Specs: That's way to scary!

You agreed with specs but nonetheless you wrote it down in your notebook as this seems like an actual good strategy, You only wrote what bobble said as it makes a good fear if you get hit. Rider saw that you were writing this down as he stood there with his E litre as he just stood there with a confused and frustrated look on his face while blue Team celebrated.

Blue team: Alright! We did it!

Rider stood there for a bit until he finally snapped out of it.

Rider: Well... Whatever. Next up is the main lesson.

Soon three more people appeared as they have the same Ink color as rider.

Rider: You have to win against us in a turf war!

Blue Team: Yellow Green Team?!

You were confused as to why they were shocked on seeing Rider's Team.

Specs: Weren't they only your team for the tournament?

: We've been battling together since then!

Rider: Tch. I haven't just been battling on my own, you know.

Now you were Even more confused as you noticed Headphones and Specs facial Expression as if they never heard of Rider having a team or something.

Goggles: Wasn't it you who said something like, " If your the strongest, you'll win regardless, even if you're by yourself."

Soon rider shot goggles in the face as he was soon splatted and was flying back to spawn, you noticed Rider was mad for some reason and you wondered what was rider like before he met goggles and his friends and why he said that sentence to goggles.

Rider: Can it. Let's just start the Battle! Y/n, since you made it to me first, you can just rest for a bit and watch the battle.

You nod at rider as you went towards the sidelines and watch as the battle was about to begin.

Specs: Look out for the 3k Scope!

Goggles: Yeah! Shoot!

Specs: What's wrong?

Goggles: I need to go pee-pee...!

Specs: JUST HOLD IT IN!

Blue team: Alright!

Headphones: We came out at the Center!

Soon the rest of rider's team appeared as they aimed their weapons at them as this caught all of them off guard.

Specs and Headphones: Huh?

Blue team was splatted as they all went back to spawn as the rest of yellow green team.

Rider: You weren't prepared for them! You were focusing too much on my E liter! If you don't pay attention to your surroundings at all times, you'll be done for in an instant!

Soon the rest of blue team respawn as they soon go down from their base.

Goggles: I'll take care of rider!

Specs: We're counting on you!

Soon goggles got out as rider spotted him as he aims his E liter at him.

Goggles: Ride! Would you like a pickled plum?

You were laughing nervously as rider shot goggles with his E liter as he was annoyed.

Rider: I'm not Hungry.

Goggles: But they're so good!

Specs: What are you doing?!

Rider: let's kick it up a notch already.

Soon rider's teammates ready their Inkstrikes as they soon pressed their tablets.

You saw the triple Inkstrikes hit their marks as the rest of blue team got splatted.

Yellow Green Team: TRIPLE INKSTRIKE!!

Soon the rest of blue team respawn as they soon began to fight against yellow Green Team while also dodging rider's E liter but they were all getting overwhelmed.

Headphones: Their coordination is really improving...! They're strong!

Specs: We're trapped!

Rider: And in the Meantime... We're going to take the Upper ground!

Soon two of Rider's teammates got up from the ramp and began to base invade.

Specs: Darn It! Let's go back!

But bobble was soon splatted by Rider as he stopped her from going back to stop them.

Specs: The E liter!

Rider: You Haven't even inked the center yet.

(To be continued)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 5.6K 70
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
136K 5.7K 101
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
693K 25.4K 100
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
103K 4.3K 50
β₯β₯β₯ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ, π•Žπ• π•Ÿ'π•₯ π•žπ•–π•’π•Ÿ π•’π•Ÿπ•ͺπ•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ...