The Ballerina & The Bachelor...

Autorstwa Stars-vs-Chocolates

How far would you go to claim your birthright? Więcej

♞ - c h a p t e r 2 - ♞
♘ - c h a p t e r 3 - ♘
♞ - c h a p t e r 4 - ♞
♘ - c h a p t e r 5 - ♘
♞ - c h a p t e r 6 - ♞
♘ - c h a p t e r 7 - ♘
♞ - c h a p t e r 8 - ♞
♘ - c h a p t e r 9 - ♘
♞ - c h a p t e r 10 - ♞
♘ - c h a p t e r 11 - ♘
♞ - C h a p t e r 12 - ♞

♘ - c h a p t e r 1 - ♘

11.1K 357 39
Autorstwa Stars-vs-Chocolates

Hey guys,

I'm going to have to find a name that will remain constant for you.

Anyway, this is the new and improved story of The Ballerina and The Bachelor.

I hope it worms its way into your big hearts.

Thank you for reading.

I absolutely appreciate the support.

Please share the love by:

VOTE

COMMENT

RECOMMEND

FAN

Shout out to @Twinkling-Star all her help in planning the guidelines of the plot. Love you girl. Thanks again.

'Til next time.

With Love,

- Ang

———

Alexis ...

I looked around the room observing the antique designs and modern layout. I used to come here - more specifically play here - when I was younger and my father had off-shore meetings to attend. I could still remember the Adrenalin rush as it coursed through my veins when I released the modeled car and it glided across the polished wooden floors of the conference room.

There were several other chairs around the long table but only four were occupied, two, by my father and his lawyer and the other two, my lawyer and me. My father's lawyer provided the important documents while he and I matched each other's gaze.

Many say that I was the splitting image of my father, that I inherited his silver tongue, his wits, his dark hair, strong square jaw, intimidating build and pale blue eyes but what they didn't know was that he and I couldn't be more different.

Alexander Mega, my father, was the well known head of the Mega Empire our family's company. He was a powerful man regardless of wherever he was in the world. His reputation preceded him.

Over the years, I kept in the know where Mega Corporations were involved. Several business magazines and other media deemed him the Great White of the Corporate world and the competitors all dimmed in comparison.

Mega was a multi-billion dollar business that was ranked number one world over and it seemed no easy feat because I knew my father. I knew how had he worked to keep it that way. My father was a calculated man, smart, tactful and according to some the real deal. Everything he did or said was thought through and had a purpose. He was feared in the business sector but he was still my father.

"These are the Terms and Conditions be it that you should agree to take you father's place in the company!" Mr. Newton, my father's lawyer, slid the document to our side of the table when David Walker my lawyer accepted it skimming the details before nudging it in my direction.

I read the document through and through then passed it to David for him to evaluate it. Knowing my father, there was always something to be gained and I wanted to know what that was.

It was my fault that we were even in this conference room so I couldn't really blame him ... for that. When I was younger, I was home-schooled and tutored by the best minds. Mathematicians, Multi-Linguists, Chemists, Artists and the works. I could never go outside to play with the other kids. I never had freedom.

I was always with Dante my assigned bodyguard. We did almost everything together so much so that I was starting to think of him as my best friend. I was a kid ... I had no friends but it wasn't until one day I knew why. I was being groomed to be the man that would one day steer my father's company. The man who take his father's place in the corporate world.

Everything I did or said was tainted. There was more pressure added than there was already being the son of the Megas. My mother did her best to shield me from it but nothing could help me. My fate was sealed the day I was born, the day I became heir to MEGA Corp.

I understood then that there was nothing I could say that wouldn't me sound like some spoiled, feeble or worse, weak child. So one day I became so overwhelmed I ran away but Dante found me and I haven't gone back there ever since.

Hence here I was sitting across from my father and his lawyer discussing my birthright.

"How do you suppose I find a woman, convince her to to be my bride and get married, all in one hundred days?" I spoke directly to man father who held a knowing glint in his eyes.

"By extinguishing all traits of the playboy you've grown to become son." I was shocked by his knowledge of my life and a bit embarrassed to say the least. "What you don't think we wouldn't care about you and the life you lead even though you weren't with us did you son?"

It amazed me everyday how much I missed them, my mother and father. It had been a long time since I was away.

"The day you get married is the day you will assume control of your father's company." Mr. Newton interjected.

"No woman in her right frame of mind would marry me such a delicate period!" David replied.

"Then I suggest Alexis waste no time falling into pattern with the man his mother and I raised him to be." My father said simply as he held my gaze.

"In the event that you haven't tied the knot your position will be offered to your cousin Markos." Mr. Newton added and I couldn't help my urge to punch him in the face. This was my birthright. My namesake.

It took all within me to keep my cool at the mention of my cousin in all of this. I gazed at my father who seemed unaffected by his lawyers words. How could he do this?

When I found a moment out of the conference room to reason with him I did. "Dad you know this isn't right ... I am heir. I'm your legacy!"

"Son, I'm not doing this for me." It was one of the first words he'd said to me in a while. "I'm doing this for you."

-

———

Dido ...

I sat on the polished wooden floors of the empty studio staring at my reflection across from the mirrored wall as I packed my stuff away. There were a few things that weighed heavily on my mind despite how much I tried to avoid them, one being the landlord.

I received a two week's notice of eviction and the landlord was being more than fair but in my defense, I just hadn't been able to come up with the money. My parents had always taken care of that. They told me not to worry too much about it because they would deal with it ... and they always did - but now I was on my own.

I had nowhere to go and no one to turn to. My parents weren't exactly on speaking terms with the neighbors and what family I had left was in another state. My ballet was here. It was my home. One of the two things constant in my life ... the other was my love for football and that came from my father.

The point was I didn't want to go to another state just to survive. It may sound cliche but my future was here. How could I give it up knowing that my parents loved it here. Not on my watch. Now that leaving was out the question, one thing that was inevitable. I was going to be homeless.

I exit the building making my way off Campus about to cross at the lights. I was about to step out when without warning, I was tackled to the ground. My heart was beating so fast that I thought it would leap out of my chest. I gaze up at the figure who was obscured by the sunlight that glared passed them down at me.

"Watch where you're going ... you could have gotten injured or worse." came a masculine voice. He blocked out the sun examining me a moment before my eyes adjusted to the lighting and I was able to see his beautiful pale blue eyes.

"Sorry! I was a bit down under the weather." I exhaled holding my head at the sudden jolt of pain there.

"Don't be sorry ... be more observant." Came his gruff reply.

"Thank you-" I said as he lent me his hand pulling me to my feet.

"-Alexis," He introduced, offering his hand to shake. His grip was firm and there was an air about him.

"Nice to meet you Alexis though I would've liked for it to be on better terms." I tried my best to offer a friendly smile but it was cut short by the pain in my head. I touched the spot again bringing my hand in front of me to reveal blood.

"You're bleeding," Alexis held my hands, guiding me to his car. "Come with me I'll take you to see a doctor."

We stopped in front a man dressed in a dark suit. He stood ahead of a black 1970 Pontiac Firebird. He looked intense and intimidating. I couldn't help the fear that struck me at being near him.

"Dante, we need to get her to the doctor." The man nodded curtly before opening the door sidestepping.

Alexis pull one of the seats forward urging me inside before he sat in front of me and the mysterious man Dante found his way around to the driver's side and in a heartbeat we were off.

End of Chapter One

———————-

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

889K 43K 71
•Completed with incoming edits• "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." - Aristotle They say everything happens for a reason, and...
1.9K 191 26
Imagine your whole world turning upside down in a moment. Everyone you love leaving you. Which one will you deal with, your loss, your family drama o...
576K 24K 63
༄ "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐌𝐫.𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬. 𝐈 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐭!" 𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞, 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭...
391K 12.7K 56
'I'll always choose you, why can't you just choose me? Just this once?' #1 insecure - 17/11/2022 #1 lifequotes - 28/11/2022 #1 druglord - 30/11/2022 ...