Dhadkan (Book 1 - Singhania B...

By Amateurmisswriter_

Three brothers who shared nothing but the love they had for each other. A ten year old child who had been aba... More

Prologue
Character Sketch
Part 1 : The longingness
Part 2 : Family dynamics
Part 3 : Realisations
Part 4 : Definition of family
Part 5 : Fears of past
Part 7 : A wicked man
Part 8 : Memories
Part 9 : The past
Part 10 : Bhaiya
Part 11 : Arnav Singhania
Part 12 : First step of acceptance
Part 13 : Fear of abandonment
Part 14 : Healing
Part 15 : Assurances
Part 16 : Family
Part 17 : Circumstances
Part 18 : Engagement
Part 19 : Changed dynamics
Part 20 : Ayaansh Singhania
Part 21 : Trust
Part 22 : Brothers
Part 23 : Family
Part 24 : Grateful to have you!
Part 25 : Bhabhi
Part 26 : The shared pain
Part 27 : Song made up of heartbeats!
Part 28 : The unforeseen happenings
Part 29 : The depth of love
Part 30 : The epiphany
Epilogue
ROOH (BOOK 2)

Part 6 : Budding relationships

4.4K 307 36
By Amateurmisswriter_

Aniket saw Arnav coming out of Aryan's room and smiled. He was seeing his Bhaiya home after a week.

"Good morning, Bhaiya. Finally time mil gya aapko ghar aane ka?"

Arnav sighed. He was already very guilty about it. Aniket saw his state and frowned. He looked dead on his feet.

"Aap soye nhi na puri raat?"

"Aru ko raat bhar fever tha, Ani. Abhi jake bukhar utra hai uska."

"What?" Aniket was shocked. Aryan had dinner with him. He looked absolutely fine till then. What happened to the boy all of a sudden?

"Tune usko ice cream khilaya?" Arnav asked.

Aniket's eyes widened as he recalled how Aryan had tricked him in the evening and ate three tubs of ice cream. He felt like hitting his head to the nearest wall. Arnav would have his head now. He meekly looked at his Bhaiya.

Arnav raised his eyebrows. "Kuch pucha maine, Ani?"

Aniket took a step back. "Nhi, Bhaiya. Bilkul bhi—Ouch, ouch.."

Aniket yelped as Arnav caught his ear. He felt like a fool for even trying his luck. Nothing escaped his Bhaiya.

"Usne bola aur tu maan gya? When will you two learn caution? Usko na bolna kab seekhega tu?"

"Chhodo yaar, Bhaiya, lag rha hai." Aniket pulled away his ear carefully. "Jis din aap apne laadle ko na bolna seekhoge na uss din mujhe bolna aap"

"Kya bola?" Arnav glared at him.

Aniket held back the urge to roll his eyes. He didn't want to be whacked. He dragged Arnav to kitchen and put the boiler on stove. He knew Arnav needed to sleep more than the coffee but he also knew Arnav wouldn't listen to him. He never left their side whenever they were ill.

Arnav gratefully reached for the cup of coffee when Aniket handed him one.

"Tu thodi der Aru ke paas baith tab tak mai breakfast bana deta hoon." Arnav got up.

Aniket tensed. "Thoda rest kar lo, Bhaiya. You look completely drained out. Breakfast staffs bana denge."

Arnav shook his head. "Aru ko mere haath ka bana khana hoga, Ani. Vaise bhi uski tabiyat kharab hai. I don't want him to sulk for this. Don't worry, I'm fine. Tu ja uske paas."

Aniket sighed and walked out. His Bhaiya would put Aryan before anything else. That came as natural as breathing to him.

After some time, Ayaansh came into the kitchen to find Arnav taking out food in a plate. He didn't know why he felt so happy to see Arnav home. He didn't admit but he missed the early morning interactions he had with Arnav in the kitchen. He quietly walked up to the dining table.

Arnav looked at him and gave a tired smile. "Uth gaya tu? Breakfast ready hai. Tum khao, mai Aru ko khila kar aata hoon."

"Woh niche nhi aayega?" Ayaansh asked hesitantly. He was slowly getting used to Aryan's company in the house. When Arnav and Aniket left for work, it was Aryan who kept him involved in random stuffs whole day.

Arnav sighed. "He had fever whole night. He needs to rest."

"Kya? Sham tak toh thik tha woh." Ayaansh asked worriedly.

Arnav smiled a bit. He could see the love and concern in Ayaansh's eyes. He felt happy that there was someone among them who was able to go past the barriers.

"Don't worry, he's fine now!" Arnav reached out to ruffle Ayaansh's hair. "Breakfast kar ke mil lo usse. He will be looking for you."

Ayaansh looked at the retreating figure of Arnav. The little gestures always filled his heart with love he had never known before. He blinked off the moisture in his eyes and rushed behind Arnav. He was worried for Aryan. He needed to see him for himself.

Aryan smiled widely when he saw Arnav entering the room. Aniket got up to let Arnav take his place. Arnav put the tray away and reached for Aryan's forehead. He sighed in relief when the temperature was fine. He still had mild fever but he wasn't burning up anymore. Aryan pulled him to sit beside him hugged him.

Arnav caressed his hair. "Thik hai, bacha?"

Aryan nodded his head against Arnav's chest. "Aap mere saath rahoge na aaj? I miss you, Bhaiya, please aap itne busy mat raho."

Arnav nodded guiltily and pulled him closer to his heart. Nothing was more important than his child. Everything else had to wait.

"Yahi hoon, bacha, tere saath. Tabiyat kaise kharab kar li tune?"

Aryan heard the change of tone in Arnav's voice. He knew he was going to get a good scolding session from his Bhaiya. He buried his face in Arnav's chest. "Mat daanto na, Bhaiya. Acha nhi lag rha."

Arnav immediately forgot about the scolding. "Tabiyat jyada kharab hai, beta? Doctor ko call karu?"

Aryan shook his head. "Nhi, Bhaiya. Bas aap raho mere saath."

Arnav nodded his head and let him take comfort in his embrace.

Ayaansh held back his smile at the show Aryan just put up. The whole thing seemed hilarious to Ayaansh. Aryan was trying to hide himself in Arnav's embrace to escape from Arnav's scolding. Ayaansh chuckled at his own thoughts.

Aniket looked at him and smiled. He knew what the boy must be thinking. For him it was a usual show that he saw everyday but it must be interesting for Ayaansh.

"Kya soch rahe ho?"

Ayaansh looked at Aniket and shook his head. Aniket smiled and put a casual arm around him. "Yeh aise hi karta hai. Bhaiya ko toh kabhi yaad hi nhi rehta ki isse daantna bhi tha."

"Yeh humesha aise karta hai?" Ayaansh asked with interest.

"Arre dhire bol. Bhaiya ne sun liya toh uski jagah humari class le lenge abhi." Aniket whispered.

Ayaansh couldn't hold back his smile. The bond between Aryan and Arnav warmed up his heart.

"Mujhe yeh soup nhi Pina, Bhaiya." Aryan cringed looking at the soup Arnav got for him.

"Tujhe fever hai, bacha. This is good for you. Thoda kha le."

Aryan shook his head and turned away his face.

Arnav coaxed him to eat but Aryan didn't budge.

"Bohot hua, Aru. Just have this now." Arnav made Aryan turn towards him and brought the spoon to his lips.

Aryan refused to open his mouth.

"Open your mouth and have it, Aryan!" Arnav said in a no nonsense tone.

Aryan automatically opened his mouth against his own wishes and had the soup. That tone of his Bhaiya could make him toe the line any day. Arnav didn't back out till he completed the soup.

Arnav gentled his tone once he was done feeding Aryan. "Aru,"

Aryan looked away. He hated be scolded when he was sick. His Bhaiya was supposed to pamper him, not scold him.

Arnav smiled at his antics. He knew his little brother can never remain angry more than a few minutes. "Bhaiya ki taraf dekhega bhi nhi?"

Aryan didn't respond.

"Thik hai, phir mai chala jata hoon." Arnav was about to get up when Aryan stopped him and hugged him tightly.

Arnav smiled. "Ab kya hua?"

Aryan huffed but snuggled closer. "Aapko mujhe manana tha, Bhaiya. Aise kaise chale jaoge aap. Ek toh bache ko daant diya aur ab pyaar bhi nhi kar rhe."

Arnav laughed and pressed a kiss on his forehead. "Sorry, Bacha. Tu pehle hi baat maan leta toh Bhaiya ko daantna nhi padta. Ab rest kar thodi der."

Aryan looked at him. "Aap puri raat nhi soye na, Bhaiya?"

Arnav caressed his face. "Mai thik hoon, bacha. Tu aaram kar."

Aryan put his head on Arnav's lap while Arnav tapped his head gently. Aryan snuggled to him and closed his eyes knowing very well that his Bhaiya will not leave his side.

Ayaansh felt his heart warming up as he saw Aryan cuddling up to Arnav even in his sleep. Aryan didn't know how lucky he was to have that kind of love.

"Aaj aapko office nhi jana, Bhaiya?" Aniket asked teasingly.

Arnav sighed and caressed Aryan's face. He felt immensely guilty for not being able to spend time with Aryan. He knew how sensitive Aryan was regarding him. The way Aryan was cuddling up to him seeking warmth and comfort told him how much he was missing him.

Aniket gently held Arnav's hands. He had said it in a playful manner. "Woh thik hai, Bhaiya. Isme aapki galti nhi hai. Aap kyun guilty feel kar rhe ho?"

Arnav just shrugged it off and looked up at Ayaansh and Aniket. "Tum dono ne khaya?"

Aniket and Ayaansh looked at each before shaking their heads in denial.

"Jao Jake kha lo dono."

"Aapne bhi nhi khaya hai, Bhaiya. Mai rukta hoon Aru ke paas, aap kha lo aaram se." Aniket said.

Arnav looked at Aryan who holding onto him and shook his head. "Tu Jake kha, Ani. Mai kha lunga thodi der me."

Aniket sighed. "Thik hai, toh aap thodi der rest kar lo kam se kam."

Arnav was about to ask for his laptop but decided against it. He will not be able to work in the position he was sitting in so he simply nodded his head.

Aniket left with Ayaansh.

After coming out of the room, Ayaansh looked at Aniket.

"Bhaiyu," Ayaansh called out.

Aniket stopped dead in his tracks.

"Bhaiyu," Ayaansh called out again but Aniket was too startled to respond. "Woh, Bhaiya ne kal raat bhi khana nhi khaya tha. Aap please kuch khila do unko."

Ayaansh frowned when Aniket didn't react to his words. He turned him around. "Kya hua, Bhaiyu? Aap.."

Ayaansh stopped as he realised what he had been speaking. He had been spending too much time with Aryan these days and Aryan's every talk included Arnav and Aniket. And with Aryan always referring Aniket as Bhaiyu, Ayaansh, by default started referring Aniket as Bhaiyu inside his head. This was just the first time he had spoken it out.

Ayaansh took a step back. "I'm sorry, wo galti se—"

Aniket held his hands and made him sit. "You don't have to call me Bhaiyu, Ayaansh."

Ayaansh's eyes welled up but he nodded his head. It shouldn't hurt him when he was telling him something that he already knew.

Aniket made him look up. "You don't have to call me Bhaiyu now if you don't want to. I can wait, Ayaansh. Aaj nhi toh kal sahi. Hoon toh mai tera Bhaiyu hi."

Ayaansh looked up in shock as tears rolled down his cheeks. He furiously wiped them away. He hated to cry infront of anyone. He looked at Aniket. A simple sentence had completely undone him. Aniket had never approached him before. Ayaansh wasn't expecting him to be so warm and friendly towards him.

Aniket smiled at him and started taking out food. "Chal kha le. Hum nhi khayenge toh Bhaiya bhi nhi khayenge. Aur tu fikr mat kar, mai khila dunga unhe."

Ayaansh nodded his head.

Aniket gently squeezed his hands. "Don't worry. Aru thik hai aur Bhaiya bhi. Woh aise hi hain. Hume Zara sa kuch hota hai toh woh pareshan ho jate hai. He will not leave Aru's side untill his fever completely goes away. Sabki fikr rehti hai unko khud ko chodkar. Bhaiya jaisa pyaar koi nhi kar sakta."

Ayaansh could hear the love and respect for Arnav in Aniket's voice. He wondered why the brothers respected him so much. He had noticed before as well that Arnav never had to raise his voice for their obedience, just one look from him and Aniket and Aryan gave in.

"Kya soch raha hai? Kha na." Aniket nudged him to start eating.

Ayaansh didn't realise he had not only called Aniket as Bhaiyu but also referred to Arnav as Bhaiya! And Aniket didn't point it out. For him it wasn't a mistake but acceptance. Ayaansh had called Arnav exactly what he should. He knew Ayaansh wouldn't be able to hold back himself for a long time. He could wait till Ayaansh realised that they were his family and he didn't have to walk in eggshells around them.

Ayaansh walked inside Aryan's room holding the tray of breakfast Aniket had sent for Arnav. Aniket was attending a call so Ayaansh offered to take the food for Arnav. Ayaansh's lips broke into a smile at the scene which greeted him. Aryan was cuddled to Arnav's chest and Arnav had protectively wrapped his arms around him. They looked like the perfect father and son duo.

Ayaansh was sure Arnav would get a backache due to the position he was sleeping in. He hesitated at first but then stepped in and arranged pillows behind Arnav's back. Arnav subconsciously pulled Aryan closer. Ayaansh smiled. Arnav Singhania's instinct worked well even in sleep. He was getting a fair idea of what his Bhaiyu meant when said no one can love like Arnav. He pulled the comforter over his brothers and left without disturbing them. The meal could wait. Arnav needed the sleep more.

Ayaansh came down and saw someone standing in the hall. She looked like she was looking for someone. Ayaansh knew she must be someone close. The security never let anyone in without permission untill they already know the person.

Ayaansh looked around for Aniket and saw him still busy with the call. He was about to go to him when he noticed the girl was looking at him. Ayaansh wanted to walk away but that would seem rude.

The girl smiled at him warmly. "Ayaansh, right?"

Ayaansh was surprised. He didn't know the girl at all. How did she know him? Before he could say anything he heard Aniket's voice.

"Aashi!"

Aniket came and hugged the girl. He was glad she came back. He was really missing her. Aashika hugged him back with a smile. She missed her family too.

"Welcome back, Aashi! How was the project?" Aniket pulled back and asked.

"We got the contract, Ani. Arnav and Dad had done a brilliant job." Aashika replied. The pride in her voice wasn't missed by anyone.

Aniket smiled. The girl never gave herself any credit. She was selfless and giving just like his Bhaiya. That's why they were made for each other!

"Bhaiya and Chachu definitely did a great job but kabhi thoda credit khud ko bhi de diya karo, Aashi. You worked really hard on this project."

Aashika just smiled. She didn't feel the need to do that herself when her family never failed to appreciate her every little effort.

Aashika's father, Atharva Goinka had been a godsend for Arnav when he started his business. Atharva loved Arnav like a son and Arnav respected him a lot. Arnav called him Chachu and his brothers automatically followed the lead. That's why Aniket and Aashika were best friends ever since they knew each other. Though Aashika was two years elder to Aniket she never let it affect their friendship. And their equation changed beautifully when Arnav and Aashika's alliance was fixed.

"Kahan kho gyi?" Aniket swapped his fingers.

Aashika shook her head. Aniket was about to say something when he saw Ayaansh standing there awkwardly. He pulled Ayaansh closer and draped a casual arm around him. The gesture wasn't lost on Aashika.

"Aashi, meet Ayaansh. And Ayaansh, this is Aashika. My best friend."

Aashika smiled to make him comfortable. "Hello, Ayaansh!"

Ayaansh nodded his head in acknowledgement. He didn't know what to call her.

"Aashi di!" Aryan exclaimed happily as soon as he saw Aashika.

Aashika smiled and and opened her arms for him. Aryan ran to hug her. She frowned when she felt his body temperature.

"Tujhe fever hai, bacha?"

Arnav came and whacked Aryan before he could say anything. "Haan, raat se fever hai aur phir bhi janab ko rest nhi karna. Kaha tha na maine bhaag daur mat karna?"

Aryan pouted and hugged Aashika. "Dekho di, bimaar hoon phir bhi Bhaiya daant rahe hai."

Aashika ruffled his hair affectionately. "It's okay, Arnav, woh rest kar lega. Karega na, Aru?"

Aryan made a face but nodded anyway.

Arnav just shook his head and smiled at Aashika. "Kab aayi, Aashi?"

"Bas abhi abhi. Socha mil loon sabse toh aa gyi."

Arnav nodded. "Acha kiya. Tum baitho inke saath mai aata hoon."

Aashika happily obliged and sat down with Aniket and Ayaansh who was telling her something about his school.

Ayaansh saw how she had her arm around Aryan and was laughing with his Bhaiyu. He knew without an ounce of doubt that she was very close to this family. He quietly left to give them space and followed Arnav to the kitchen.

Arnav was just putting a vessel on the stove to make something when someone snatched it away from his hands. He turned to glare the person but was surprised to see Ayaansh. Now instead of glaring the person, Arnav was being glared down by his little brother.

Ayaansh dragged Arnav to sit down and handed him a plate of food without speaking a word.

Arnav smiled. "Mai kha lunga, Bacha. Ek baar tum logo ke liye kuch bana doon phir—"

"Aapne kal se nhi khaya. Please kuch kha lo."

Arnav was taken aback by the sudden gentleness in his voice. Wasn't the boy glaring at him a mere second ago?

"Please kha lo." Ayaansh looked down and pleaded again.

Arnav put the plate aside and pulled Ayaansh closer. "Kya ho gya? Kyun pareshan hai?"

Ayaansh shook his head still looking down.

Arnav made him look up and was startled to see his teary eyes. He immediately cupped his face. "Kya hua, Ayu? Kyu ro raha hai?"

Ayaansh gave up on the pretense and hugged Arnav. The concern in Arnav's voice and the way he called him Ayu undid him. His heart wasn't used to the warmth Arnav radiated.

Arnav was frozen at his place when Ayaansh hugged him. It was the first time he had initiated any form of bodily contact. Arnav tensed when he felt Ayaansh sobbing. He hugged him back and patted his head.

"Kuch bol toh, Ayu. Kyu ro raha hai? Kisi ne kuch keh diya? Meri kisi baat ka bura laga tujhe?"

Arnav's words only made Ayaansh tear up more. He gently shook his head but held on.

"Ayu,"

Before Arnav could say anything Aniket came in the kitchen hurriedly. "Jaldi chaliye, Bhaiya."

Arnav saw his pale face and quickly came to him. "Kya hua?"

Aniket shook his head.

Arnav rushed out and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the person in the hall. His blood ran cold looking at the person's face.

The person smirked seeing Arnav. "Kaise ho, Arnav?"

Arnav closed his eyes against the rush of memories. It was the voice of their worst nightmare. What kind of game destiny was playing with them?

Arnav opened his eyes and gave an icy cold stare to the man. Gone were the traces of pain! His eyes held fire which could burn down any person who dare to mess with him. He had let the man hurt his brother once, Arnav Singhania wouldn't let anyone touch his family again!
____________________________________

A/n

How was the chapter?

Favourite scene?

Favourite character?

There are a few new characters in the story. I'll add the character sketch for them soon.

Hope you guys liked it!

Love,
Muskan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 9.2K 63
A Brother and sister shared a strained relationship between them! An elder brother who once adored and let her sister run wild changed overnight afte...
28.7K 2.3K 20
A big brother who doesn't tolerate nonsense behaviour how will he tolerate a spoiled brat teenage ... . . . A boy who is deprived of love... Want to...
25.6K 2.1K 12
The feeling of being unloved by one's own family was not unknown to Akshara. Yet she doesn't hate her family for despising her since she was only a n...