𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐝...

By StrangesThirdEye

She is the last of her kind. She was the only one survivor. The Lonely Time Lady, if you say so. Armed with a... More

•☾ DISCLAIMERS ☽•
•☾ CHARACTERS ☽•
𝐀𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟐
•☾ PROLOGUE : RUN ☽•
☽•Choice of Outfits for you•☾
ChApTeR 2: tHaT bIg UgLy BuIlDiNg?
ChApTeR 3: lIoN aNd DeErS
Bonus chapter : ChRiStMaS sPeCiAl
ChApTeR 4: dIrTy PlAnS
ChApTeR 5 : TrUsT mE, I'M tHe DoCtOr

CHAPTER 1: NEW BUDDIES!

227 8 5
By StrangesThirdEye

"So! with what happened right now, is because you want to know about the Tesseract, eh? . Where did you get that thing?" you said fixing the bottom of the Tardis with a flamethrower.

Fire splatters began to spray all over the place. Good thing you're wearing safety goggles. This is the daily routine you make. Fix all the broken things and there are times when you upgrade something for future use. It can be said that every day you do repair work because you really can't sit still. There are dangers that can be said to always come with open arms. As if invited without the knowledge of the owner themselves. It's like you are a moving problem magnet. All the problems that exist will definitely be with you.

" Like I said, my cat swallowed that thing and threw it back up. " Fury said as he leaned against the Tardis barrier with his arms crossed over his chest.

"yeah I know, that. But, how can that thing exist?" you stopped your work and started to go upstairs, hand holding the flamethrower."How did it get to earth?"

You murmured before placing the flamethrower into a special crate at the bottom of the TARDIS control station then you crouched down and pulled your sonic screwdriver out of your pants pocket and pointed it at the wires coming out of the control station. The shrill sound of the sonic screwdriver began to be heard.

Fury looked at your face for a moment. Maybe think of a way to tell about it. Although it's a bit complicated to explain, it's not wrong if he wants to try. But, it's not easy for him to tell this to people he doesn't know very well. Not to mention people who just met a few minutes ago.

Fury sighed. " it's a long story. It's a bit complicated to tell. Too much drama. So, easy to tell, it started in the 1980s, project leader Wendy Lawson, who was in reality a Kree named Mar-Vell, used the Tesseract's energy to create the Light-Speed Engine in an attempt to end the Kree-Skrull War. She called it Project Pegasus. She died and the project was dissolved. But, in another time. Howard Stark fished that out of the ocean when he was looking for 'someone'. He thought that this Tesseract had countless energy. A powerful energy. That's something the world desperately needs. And because of that, we all plan to continue this study. This is what I know, so the story is a bit complicated. Very complicated. And the end, here it is now. In the hands of Loki."

(Don't mad at me.. I don't know how to tell this story. Honestly. This is what i found on the internet. If you don't understand, feel free to do your own research.. Quack)

You stopped working for a moment and looked at Fury's stern face. You then go back to work. The sonic screwdriver was turned on again and pointed at the wire that you were holding.

"So you want to say that the Tesseract has been on earth for a long time? It's impossible that such a powerful object can suddenly exist on earth. There must be another source that caused the existence of that thing." You said then put the mended wire back into place. And immediately, the slightly dimmed light slowly brightened.

Fury was silent for a moment. "If I knew how it existed, I wouldn't tell people I just met a few minutes ago. How can I trust you when you're not an alien who came to take the Tesseract?"

You frowned and turned your gaze to Fury. "For your information, I am indeed an Alien. Time Lord... Well.. Time Lady actually. And I didn't come here to take your Tesseract. I came here because I crashed after running away from a broken potato-headed aliens."

You sighed lightly then turned your gaze to the control screen and pressed a few buttons. You are tired of being misunderstood. Whatever you do, there must be people who are suspicious or distrustful. This always happens and causes you to get fed up with questions from people who have suspicious feelings towards you.

Fury pushed himself from where he was leaning. " you? an alien? If you are an alien, why do you look like a human."

You looked Fury up and down with sharp eyes. "Why are you the one who looks like Time Lord.?"

"sorry? What did you say?"

"Why are you looks like Time Lord? Easy, because, the Time Lord came first before the existence of humans like you, Pirate" you said with a tone of sarcasm before looking back at the screen.

Fury frowned in confusion. Probably thinking about what you said. Time Lord and human, there is so many difference. The difference is that Time Lord can fake their death with regeneration and they have two hearts. Humans do not have two hearts and regeneration and just die. Easy! Their bodies are the same but their stamina and strength are completely different.

" and what made you say that?" asked Fury.

"Because Time Lord has been living in this world for a long time before there was a planet called Earth. We've been here longer than you expected and we've seen how your life grows and shapes. From then until now. You're human, you're just the same, there's nothing different about you being on this planet. The feeling of curiosity and wanting to rule is in the heart of every human being. The feeling that is our own self didn't know it existed." you said as you waved your hands in the air."very different from a Time Lord, actually."

Fury glanced at you with slightly widened eyes. "So, you've been living in this world for a long time. So you know everything that happens on Earth. And what makes a Time Lord different from humans?"

You looked at Fury for a long time. Try to think of a sentence. "easy! Humans only live once and the Time Lord can fake their death with regeneration" and you walk away from the screen.

Fury looked at you in disbelief. Fury blinked a few times. "Regeneration? Like a lizard?"

You looked at Fury with a scowl. "Lizard? isn't there another example? why not a salamander.. a gecko.. it's cute" you walked around the Tardis.

"aren't they both the same"

"ahh, it looks like a lizard but they are a different species. And to answer your question, yes I regenerate but not like a lizard. It is different from the way a lizard regenerates. In the body of every Time Lord there will be one thing that allows us to cheat our deaths. So this thing has a limit and until the time it will end. Time Lords released massive amounts of a hormone called lindos in moments of extreme trauma, and it was this hormone which triggered regeneration. Newly regenerated Time Lords could be identified by elevated levels of lindos in their system. During regeneration, we will change some old cells to new cells as well as our physical and mental. What I mean by physical and mental change is that, if I have a serious or minor injury, the injury I suffer will automatically heal quickly and all that will remain is a scar. And mentally, most likely, after regeneration my behavior may change from good to rude or hyperactive or something else."You mumbled, trying to explain how regeneration happened to Fury who was still standing but his mouth was slightly open trying to digest your explanation.

You stopped babbling and looked at Fury. You tossed your Sonic Screwdriver into the air and it landed in your palm then you put it in the holster on your waist.

" So you understand?" you asked Fury.

"There's no way that shit can happen" said Fury trying to reject your statement just now. He is actually still doubtful about you so that's why he has a hard time believing what you say if it doesn't happen in front of his eyes.

'Does he want me to get injured and regenerate in front him?' You thought annoyingly while pressing several icons on the screen.

You shrugged and looked at the TARDIS screen. "hmm, it's up to you to believe it or not. At least I've explained how regeneration works"

The TARDIS lights then come on. "oh let him think first, Y/n. He's still hesitant to believe in something like this" Said the TARDIS.

Fury looked around alertly. Perhaps surprised that the TARDIS uttered his voice.

"Oh, I didn't say anything. It's up to him to believe it or not" you replied, your eyes never leaving the screen.

Fury walked towards you and stood by your side. His eyes looked around the TARDIS.

"it's talking" said Fury with a stutter but managed to hide it.

"oh yeah, that voice is the TARDIS. He's alive and not just a time machine. He has his own personality so I hope you understand if he's a little sarcastic" you replied with a big smile looking at Fury.

Fury nodded. "Have we arrived yet?"

You nodded quickly then pressed a few buttons on the controller and pulled the lever down. Maybe the brakes. The TARDIS rocked and jolted violently causing you and Fury to quickly grab something to latch on to.

You looked at Fury with wide eyes.

"well, the shaking was strong" you said before running towards the TARDIS door.

Fury then followed you carefully from behind. Your hand reached for the TARDIS doorknob and then you pulled the door open. Light from outside the TARDIS then entered the TARDIS and blinded you and Fury's eyes.

You blinked trying to adjust your eyes to the sunlight and so did Fury. After blinking your eyes a few times, you can clearly see what is outside. The atmosphere was busy with some workers wearing orange uniforms who were quite fit doing some work. There was also a flight jet that landed on the landing pad accompanied by several workers.  Some workers have repaired some jets and modified some jets on the side of the ship

You slowly walked out of the TARDIS. Your eyes are attracted by the view of the blue and wide ocean.

'it's like a navy ship' you think.

Fury then exited the TARDIS and looked around. He took a deep breath. You looked at Fury.

"well, I didn't even know you were the captain of a navy ship.. I mean you really look like a captain because.. you know?" you gestured your hand to your left eye and covered it with your palm as if mimicking the Fury eye patch .

Fury looked at you sharply and without uttering any words from his mouth, you awkwardly lowered your hand with an uncomfortable face. Fury then walked past you with a serious aura.

"this is a HELICARRIER. belonging to SHIELD. Well, it does look like a navy ship but it's more than that" said Fury to you who were still standing in front of the TARDIS.

You nodded in understanding and tried to follow Fury but were stopped by several agents holding guns at you. You immediately raised your hands as if you were surrendering.

"This is a private area! You are forbidden to be here. State your name and your purpose here" shouted one of the agents there.

You looked at some agents there with a slightly frowning expression. " The Doctor. Y/n. TARDIS. Fun" you said casually but with a smile

"This is serious! If you don't leave here you will be arrested and put in a cell!" said the agent firmly. Their hands are holding the gun tightly towards you. At any time they can pull the trigger of the gun if you are not serious.

You let out a short breath. "well, your Captain Fury invited me here" you said.

"I don't see Director Fury here"

"yeah, because he just walked away"

"Do not lie!"

"I don't" you rolled your eyes at the agent. Maybe done with that stupid question.

"then, what is the police telephone box from 60's doing here?" said one of the other agents.

"welp, believe it or not this is my ship" you said proudly.

"Bullshit! There is no ship that is shaped like a police box from the 60's let alone so small" argued the same agent with his hand still pointing the gun at your chest.

"oh there is, you're the only one who doesn't believe it or not.. And it's bigger than you think" you said teasingly.

"we don't trust people who shouldn't be he-"

"Enough!"

The agents surrounding you looked at the sound of the scream earlier. There stood a woman in her 20s wearing a black leather jacket and a red t-shirt inside with fiery red hair that was only above her shoulders and with a calm expression on her face even though she had just shouted at the agents surrounding you to stop. All the agents there stopped pointing their guns at you and looked at the calm woman respectfully and stood straight. You raised an eyebrow in surprise. The power that this woman holds, she must be an experienced agent with a high position. No wonder all the agents were nervous and respected the calm woman.

But, what caught your attention were the two men behind the calm woman. One with blonde hair, wearing a flannel shirt with a collar and wearing a thick collared leather jacket and has a fit body while the other wears a complete suit also in dark brown and a purple shirt inside and has dark brown hair and looks a bit lost standing there.

But seeing those men, you remembered something.

"AHH! YEAH! Ohh, this is BRILLIANT!" you exclaimed excitedly, then walked towards the two men standing behind the calm woman.

Seeing what happened, all the agents who were standing respectfully pointed their guns at you but were stopped by the calm woman.

"oh! I didn't think I'd see you two here. America's first hero and scientist who was affected by gamma radiation!" you said as you excitedly shook the blonde man's hand and then shook the scientist's hand. Your happy face does not change.

The blonde man looked at you with a confused face while the scientist man looked at you with what could be said to be worry.

"uhm.." the male scientist started to worry about you being over excited.

"aghh! I didn't expect to see Captain Steven Grant Rogers and Doctor Bruce Banner here. One is patriotic and the other is full of science. I'm Y/n, although some call me The Doctor but that's just my title .. I don't care what you want to call me" you started to calm down and your over excited decreased but your big smile didn't change.

'Wow.. This regeneration is really over excited this time'

The calm woman who had been watching the interaction between you and the two men started walking towards the three of you.

"I'm not surprised if Fury brings new people but you're not on our list.. So who are you? What are you doing here?" asked the calm woman with a strong and firm voice.

'wow.. this woman really has a strong aura'

"I'm Y/n, or the Doctor. Well some people call me the Doctor because it's more or less like a superhero name but that's what they call me" you replied as you calmed down.

"and also, Fury himself brought me here or rather I brought Fury here.. like I gave him a lift here in my TARDIS. And regarding the list.. you may need to add my name to the list.. seeing I will be here for a long time." you said with a light up tone.

The calm woman looked at you for a long time as if trying to read your body language before she nodded and shook your hand.

" Agent Natasha Romanoff, I'm one of the SHIELD agents here. Codename Black Widow " Natasha introduced herself. Her strong aura is still in the air and this makes you intimidating with her.

"oh, yeah! Black Widow.. No wonder I've heard your name before.. former assassin and now an agent for SHIELD.. A good one at that.. I'm so pleased to see you" you said while shook Natasha's hand excitedly.

'No wonder her aura is so strong'

Natasha tilted her head slightly. " you know me?"

You giggled. "oh I just heard from one of my 'old friends'.. He was a little angry.."

"he? "

"spoilers" you said as you put your index finger to your mouth in a 'shush' sign.

Bruce looked around uneasily. He rubbed his hands trying to get rid of his anxious feelings. Steve looked at Bruce with a worried expression after noticing the change in Bruce's situation.

"Are you ok, Doctor Banner?" Steve asked in a worried tone.

Bruce nodded his head. "yes, I'm fine.. I'm just a little anxious about all these things.. I still don't know how that Doctor knew about my case even though it was kept secret"

Steve nodded his head in understanding. His eyes looked at the two women who were still talking. Even though Steve is still in the phase of being surprised by the changing times and the sophistication of technology, he understands what Bruce feels now. Anxious with all the things that we ourselves don't know what to do. What they both know is that they need to help SHIELD to track the Tesseract.

"Must be strange for you, all ofthis." Banner said to Steve. His eyes looked at Steve's face.

"Well, this is actually kind of familiar. " replied Steve.

Banner nodded in understanding. He then closed his mouth. Maybe don't know how to continue the conversation.

"Gentlemen, you might wanna step inside in a minute. It's gonna get a little hard to breathe." Natasha said with her smooth voice.

You walked over and stood next to Bruce. Suddenly there was a loud humming sound from the ship you were stepping on now. You, Steve and Bruce looked around at the busy atmosphere. All the crew are rushing to prepare for something. There is a loud whirring and clunking sound. You, Banner and
Rogers make your way to the edge of the helicarrier.

" Is this a submarine?"asked Steve loudly trying to beat the noise.

Bruce who looked at the bottom of the helicarrier looked resigned. "Really, they want me in a submerged pressurized metal container?"

"oh I don't think they want to drown you, Doctor Banner" you said. Your eyes don't run away from the propellers that start to spin and start to rise.

'ok, this isn't a submarine.. Fury was right.. It's more of a Navy ship' your hearts sank when you realized what was happening now.

And just like that, the helicarrier began to rise and rise into the air. The strong wind began to pick up as the helicarrier rose into the air, making your hair and the others hair tousled with the strong wind. You then remembered something.

" OH! MY TARDIS! WAIT! " You ran quickly towards where your TARDIS was located.

yup, you forgot to lock the TARDIS door and Bounty is still in the TARDIS.

༺ღ༒ Time Skips ༒ღ༻

You, Bounty, Rogers and Banner follow Natasha into the bridge. Natasha peels away from you guys as you guys stare and observe in awe all technologies in the helicarrier. Various sophisticated technologies made Steve and Bruce look amazed. Meanwhile, you just observed one of the technologies there with a frown. Even though you know that all the technology here is sophisticated, the sophistication of this technology cannot beat how sophisticated the Time Lord's technology is. It’s very busy, with SHIELD personnel working at stations, and communicating over earpieces.

Bounty who just finished charging saw the current situation as if he was not comfortable with the busy and rushing atmosphere and started to move closer to your feet. He's holding your pants with his little hands.

"Maximum performance takeoff, increase output to capacity." Tech 1 said, fingers pressing the keyboard rapidly. Eyes do not run away from the screen

"Power plant performing atcapacity. We are clear." Bridge Tech said in her stern voice.

There stood a woman dressed in a SHIELD uniform and her dark brown hair tied up looking at a computer. "All engines operating. SHIELD emergency protocol one nine three
point six in effect." the woman looked at Fury. " We're at level, sir. "

Fury nodded his head, his eyes looking at the front of the ship with both hands out to each side holding the controls. Standing majestically there with his serious face, he opened his mouth.

"Good! Let's vanish." Fury commanded to all the agents on duty there.

"Engage retro reflection panels" The woman wearing the uniform commanded the agents there.

And the Hellicarrier became invisible. After making sure everything went smoothly, Fury turned back and looked at the three figures standing there.

"Gentleman, lady" Fury said as he walked up to the three of you.

Steve who was still in a state of amazement put his hand into his jacket took out money and slipped a piece of money to Fury with his eyes still in front of the ship.

You and Bruce looked at each other.

'well they must be making a bet'

Fury looked at Bruce and extended his hand to shake. "Doctor, thank you for coming."

Bruce nodded and shook Fury's hand. "Thanks for asking nicely. So, um,
how long am I staying?"

"Once we get our hands on it Tesseract, you're in the wind." replied Fury reassuringly to Bruce.

"Well where are you with that?" you interrupted the two men.

"We're sweeping everything wirelessly
accessible camera on the planet. Cell phones , laptops, if it’s connected to a satellite, it’s eyes and ears for us." said an Agent wearing a suit with his arms crossed.

Steve, who was just amazed by all the technology, looked at you all confused after hearing what you all said. You then noticed that Natasha walked to one of the computers and slid the computer screen with her finger and a short haired man appeared with a serious face. You can see Natasha's face after seeing the man. A worried look was visible on the red haired woman's face even though people there didn't notice it with her expression but you did.

"It’s still not gonna find them in time." said Natasha, her eyes still looking at the screen.

"You have to narrow your field. How many Spectrometers do you have access to?" Bruce asked Fury.

Fury looked at Bruce. "How many are there?"

"Call every lab you know. Tell them to put the Spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for Gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking
algorithm, basic cluster recognition. At least we could rule out a few places. Do you have somewhere for me to work?" Bruce said as he opened his dark brown blazer and revealed the purple shirt he was wearing.

(all geniuses wear purple)

"Agent Romanoff, would you show? Doctor Banner to his laboratory, please? And Y/n..” Fury called out.

"yes?" you looked at Fury with raised eyebrows.

"I want to talk to you alone" replied Fury and walked to the end of the ship.

You followed Fury to the end of the ship looking around the ship.

"well, I'm quite amazed by the technology here.. Humans nowadays are getting smarter as time goes on. But I still think Time Lord technologies are more advanced" you rambled fast.

Fury looked at you without saying anything. "Our technology is indeed sophisticated and complete with a strong defense.. and that's why we need to make sure that some of the technologies here always run smoothly for this mission and we don't want to talk about our technology right now. Might as well introduce you to Stark."

You stiffened and looked at Fury very intimidatingly. Fury's serious aura was still hovering in the air. You nodded.

" yeah, yeah.. About the cube.. so.. you still can't track the cube? Or Loki? " you asked walking and then leaning against the wall of the ship looking at Fury with your arms crossed.

"We are still searching and this mission needs many more people to help in this mission. Loki is still out there and we are just waiting for time to find that man along with some of our agents." Fury replied.

You narrowed your eyes. "So you want me to join your team?"

"yes.. The Avengers" replied Fury, nodding his head.

"The Avengers? What is that? Is it a band?"

"It's a group for extraordinary people who help to fight any threat from outer space or earth.. And not a band." Fury explained simply.

"So you want me to join your group to fight the alien threat to save the world?" you said.

" that's right.. We have gathered some people here and we are just waiting for time for us to get what information they have collected and I think, with your knowledge like you mentioned , this mission will go smoothly." Fury replied with his hands placed behind him.

"Time Lord's knowledge.. I think I said I just want to help you instead of using this knowledge to make work easier.. Time Lord's knowledge is advanced knowledge and can interfere with human history. So I recommend you not to urge me to use anything the knowledge you want me to give." you said seriously.

" and if you don't want to share knowledge, you must understand the way humans think. And behave because I just got a report from some agents about your behavior earlier." Fury insisted while looking at you like a father scolding his child.

"ahh, that's just one time. You see, my mind are just regenerated and I still want to understand this behavior so that's why I'm a little over excited" you said towards Fury.

Fury just looked at you without saying anything. "go to Agent Romanoff and follow her to the lab. There you can start"

You nodded and walked over to Natasha and Bruce who were talking to each other near the ship's bridge.

Fury then just looked at you and walked over to the woman in the SHIELD uniform.

"Hill, did you tell the council that Barton had been compromised?" Fury asked Maria Hill.

Maria looked at Fury with raised eyebrows. "Was that not procedure?"

Fury just kept quiet and walked towards and looked ahead. Maria looked at Fury.

"Did you tell them who exactly is on
your response team?"

Fury looked over his shoulder and his eyes caught a glimpse of you walking out of the deck area.

"Doesn't appear that I have to."

              ✰    ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅     ✰

Sorry for the confusing storyline or grammatical mistakes or wrong facts because last week has been my rushing week for exams anddddd i have to studies for the exams but happily, the exams is just finished today which means FREEDOM! uhuk uhuk

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.4K 877 18
You were just a normal girl, living a normal life, in a normal town. Your friends were nice. You didn't have a boyfriend. Your parents were average...
157K 5.3K 24
"I'm The Reader, I'm the last Time Lady from the planet of Gallifrey, I have travelled for over 1000 years, And I'm the words on the page you're to s...
3.7K 141 38
The Doctors new companion has gone through everything he has-- lost everyone she loved and cared about. He helps her out of a broken mess, but when s...