¹ two people, kate martin

By katemartinsgf

❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc More

two people
graphics
prologue
1. pretty sure i could grow up
2. i got the chills when i said that
3. i hid from everybody
4. and i held on to every word
5. i know that i've lied
6. and we broke it when silent
8. but i was barely sleeping
9. you're a little bit bored
10. we would talk into the night
11. i'm minorly stuck
12. buy things and later regret it
13. we can make it better, breaking every habit
14. in the things we had planned
15. i'm so scared of losing all control
16. gonna regret being too honest
17. i would run for miles to get to you
18. and i need you sometimes
19. it's kind of funny when it goes from all to nothing
20. met you at the right time
21. bet you wish you never even met me
22. all the shine of half a decade fading
23. don't call me up i'm already under
24. every corner of this house is haunted
25. kept bending every rule till all of me was yours
26. gave me the best of that
27. i think about you constantly
28. if i were slightly nicer
29. look, now i'm alone again
30. don't think we're above
31. meet you down at the bottom
32. chasing after me
33. all i could do then was stare at the floor
34. why do i feel this quiet?
35. you make me really nervous
36. call it conditioning
37. old clothes fit larger
38. burying your things inside my bedroom
39. where do we go now?
40. she appears in dreams
41. i knew it, i know you, i called it
42. all of my self control kind of got difficult
43. i feel like myself right now
44. not like i'm looking for that silence
45. i wish that you'd never leave
46. keep my hand in yours
47. i'll always choose you
48. when i want to forget how i'm feelin'
49. i don't care if you've changed
50. anticipating every bad dream
51. hopelessly boring without you
52. and i'm biting my tongue
53. i'm just trying to get to you

7. i just go mess it up

5.2K 140 57
By katemartinsgf

CHAPTER SEVEN.
imessage and narrative

june 6, 2022: iowa city, iowa

frey's girls
flo, leah, freya

freya
i'm nervous
freya
actually hands arw shaking
freya
i don't wanna see her now

flo
it's literally 10:43, you
cannot cancel now

freya
I KNOW
freya
what if i say something stupid
freya
i've learned how to live without
her and now she's just BACK

leah
it's okay freya

flo
okay, just calm down
a little bit, deep breaths
flo
just meet up with her
and try?

freya

leah
taylor's songs are not
gonna get you out of
this one babe

freya
you think if i texted her
she'd answer and save me?
freya
she complimented rockland when
it came out so you never know 🤷🏻‍♀️
freya
taylor swift likes me 🤭

leah
she might 🤨

flo
i'm sure kate's trying to reason
with the fact that you're back in
her life too

freya
i hate this i hate this i
hate this i hate this

flo
love you!

My heart is racing as I walk into Java House, a tote bag on my shoulder. It's just coffee. Coffee can't hurt, can it? It's not very crowded, it normally isn't on weekdays. Weekends is when it's packed with students, catching up and finishing work.

Scanning the room, it takes a few moments for me to see Kate. She's sitting at a table, scrolling through her phone with her coffee in front of her. Since she hasn't spotted me, I take the time to get my coffee (an iced caramel latte) before walking over to the table she's sitting at.

My legs feel like they could give out any second and I'm struggling not to drop my coffee because of my shaking hands. I take a deep breath as I place my cup on the table, making her look up at me. She stares at me like she can't believe I'm real. All I can think about is that none of this would be happening if we hadn't have lost touch.

"Freya," she says as if she's out of breath.

"Hi, Kate," I say softly, slipping my bag off of my shoulder as I sit down. I put the strap of the bag on my knee so I know where it's at the whole time.

She placed her phone face down on the table, "Uh, how- how are you?" she stammers, chewing on the inside of her lip. I see that hasn't changed, she always did that when she was nervous.

"I'm okay," I say. I could definitely be better, but I'm not going to say that to her, "How are you?"

Kate nods, "I'm good," she says. It's nice to see that she's good. I'm glad she is.

"Happy birthday," I tell her, giving her a smile. Her birthday was yesterday, "22, right?" I ask, already knowing the answer and she nods again.

"Thank you," she says, giving me a smile.

We go silent for a bit. I hate it. It's never been awkward between us, ever. I never thought it would be either. When we were younger, we could say anything to each other. We knew each other inside and out.

"Why'd you want me to come here, Kate?" I question. It helped break the silence and I wanted answers.

She glances down at her hands for a few seconds before looking back to me, "I wanted to talk to you. I didn't even know you went to school here. If I had known sooner, I would have reached out," she explains.

I nod, my arms crossed as I lean back in my chair. Surely, I'm coming off as mean, but I have no clue what else to do, "Can I ask you a question?" I ask and she nods, "Why'd you stop texting me? It was the day after I left and you just stopped talking to me."

Kate lets a sigh escape her lips as I sip my coffee, "I don't know what was going through my head at the time. I just figured that you were going to Los Angeles, your dad was a big director and producer, you probably didn't want to keep talking to some nobody from Illinois."

"Kate, you were my best friend. You weren't a nobody," I tell her.

She grabs her coffee cup, the drink halfway gone, "I just figured you were going to make better friends," Kate said. I can tell by the way she's looking at me that she regrets everything.

I didn't make any friends actually. I didn't have a best friend, I didn't have with anybody what I had with Kate. I had a boyfriend (which I hate to say now) in junior year, therefore, I was friends with his friends. Once we'd broken up, I was cut off from that group of people by May. During Senior year, I just didn't try. I focused on what I needed to, got my diploma, and got the fuck out of there.

"I made one friend and that was at one of my dad's award shows," I tell her, referring to Leah, "I spent sophomore year moping because I thought I did something wrong."

Kate shakes her head, "You didn't do anything wrong. I was just stupid."

"Yeah, you were," I reply quickly and it catches her off guard. I'm sure she wasn't expecting me to say that, but she needed to hear it.

She nods, "I'm sorry and I'm sure that doesn't do a lot right now, but I mean it. I really fucking mean it, Freya," Kate says, her voice sincere.

"I believe you," I tell her, taking a deep breath, "Your reason was still pretty shitty," I say. Luckily, it makes her laugh just a little bit which brings a smile to my face.

We fall silent for a few moments, just looking each other. It felt good. Sure, I was still a little mad about it, but I'm glad we were able to talk about it.

"Can we start over?" she questions, "Be friends, act like we don't know anything about each other."

I wet my lips, "I don't know how much is still true, but I could never act like I don't know everything about you," I say, running my fingers along the condensation of my cup.

"Yeah, me too," she mumbles softly.

I sit up after a few moments, not knowing if I'm going to regret this or not, "We can be friends," I say. She smiles, a real, genuine smile. It's a smile I have missed so much, a smile I have been wanting to see in years. That smile always made me feel better, from the ages of five to fifteen, it was always comforting.

"I missed you," she says gently.

I nod, not knowing why I feel like crying, "I missed you too."

authors note
me & freya 🤝 in love with kate

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 491 18
in which a girl is in love with her best friend , but watches her fall for someone else "if you love her , keep her. just know we're together in an...
15.9K 468 10
❝ when emma falls in love, i know that girl will never be the same. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
122K 3.2K 57
❝Who's afraid of little old me? You should be. ❞ Looks like Kate is the only one afraid of Charlotte...
14.2K 424 15
༉‧₊˚✧ completed. l.mh + h.js !!trigger warning!! mentions suicide.