The Cherry Tree (completed)

By blacknight786

ITS A STAND ALONE AND A SHORT STORY Zander was a insecure son of a billionaire with social anxiety and Separa... More

A part no one reads, but Please Read
Blossom of Friendship
Blossom of love

Blossom of heartbreak

25 2 0
By blacknight786

Zander's Pov

"Father" a whisper left my mouth. And before I could say something else. His hand stroke me right across the cheek. He forgot that I am twice his size. But I won't ever raise my hands on him. I was better than that.

"Don't fucking call me father" he spat venom as if my calling him that had burnt him alive.

"I...." Before I could say once again his hand made contact with my cheek.

I can bet my cheek was red by now. I wonder what will I tell cherry.

"Now bring me a glass of water." He said walking past me and settling down on sofa. I hurriedly went to kitchen and filled up the glass. When I came back to the drawing room I saw Cherry sitting with my father hugging him.

My dad was hugging her back and looked at her with pure adoration and love. I always knew that my father wanted a child like Cherry. But he got a mentally retard and a pathetic child.

But I was never jealous of my cherry. Why would I be, when I can make as many cherry as dad or me myself want, once we are married.

They were talking when Dad looked back at me. I looked down due to his stern gaze. Cherry like a blooming person she was rushed to me and dragged me to sofa.

I handed water to dad and looked at the locked fingers of mine and cherry. It somewhat gave me confidence to face dad.

" See your dad is back." She said looking at me with love and care. She was the only person of my life who had ever given me that look, otherwise people would never even look my way.

She loves me and I can see that in her eyes. But today she had mischief written all over her face. I wonder what that is for.

"Uncle..." She said as dad looked at her. "How was your soooo long trip" she said giggling making dad chuckle and I smiled.

"It was good dear." He answered.

"I have something to tell you uncle." She said seriously and my smile slipped off. Nervousness crept in both of their veins as he gazed vehemently at her, talking to her with his eyes....

"yes daughter.... please feel free to...." he said with a smile on his face.

"I...." She gulped before looking at her fingers which were playing with one another in her lap. Gaining her strength back she finally decided to make it over. she looked at him again. "I... I love Zander." She said. Shell shocked, Mr. king abruptly stood up. 

"What.." A whisper left his mouth. Cherry looked down. Dad glared at me.... I knew the reason at why he was looking at me like that, he thinks I am unworthy of Cherry's love.

"B.... But child, don't you think he is quite unworthy of your love.." Cherry scowled, not at all liking dad's statement. "I.. I mean, look he is retard, and he doesn't even know what is love, don't you think that, its for better if you leave him." Cherry's scowl deepened.

"Don't call him that uncle." Cherry retorted. "Don't say that he is unworthy, if anything he deserves the world. He is the best person I have met, he is and will remain my only one uncle, I intend to marry him."

Dad glared at me.

"Okay sweetie, whatever you want." He told Cherry. Cherry merrily went to the dining hall.

"This ain't over." Dad gritted at me. I sighed, I knew what was coming. He was going to tell me that I am not worthy of pure soul like her and all, Not like I am offended from him.

He intentionally, brushed past me. 

A slap landed on my face yet again...... I gritted my teeth and fisted my hands in order to control my temper.

"You fucking bastard." Dad shouted, as I looked down. I can't fucking raise my hand on him. "You snatched my love from me, and now you are ready to snatch the daughter I never had.... huh..... How just tell me how you do this everytime. " He said holding my collar, I avoided any type of eye contact with him. He abruptly left my collar, making me stagger back with the impact.

"You just see, you are such a bane on anyone's existence that, she will suffer, she will so fucking much and then, you will have to leave her, because you are nothing but a bad omen." He said. If it was old me, I would have believed him, that I am harmful to Cherry, but she had made me beleive in herself, in me, in both of us... 

Just when I was about the retort, the phone rang. Dad did not moved his glare from me, I knew he was implying that I should pick the phone up. I went to phone and picked it up. And as soon as I heard the news, my mind went numb and the phone slipped from my hand.

Cherry had an accident.......

Small gust of wind passed through my hair, as my eyes wanted to cry, they wanted to cry for the agony, for the omen I was carrying.

Dad was right...

He had always been right...

It was me...

It was always me...

The bad omen, It was me, who killed mom, it was me, due to which dad lost the love of his life, and it was me due to which now the love of my life is lying there attached with different instruments on her body.

I just want to run away from everyone and everything...... with her....

But I can't.... I have to decide....

And I have decided......

"I am sorry, Cherry, my love.." I said, grazing her cheek lightly, I pecked her lips and forehead, then her closed eyes, bandaged forehead, every corner of her beautiful soft face I can kiss of her...

For the one last time...........

Congrats dad, you are successful in making me realize my mistake before it was late...

Cherilyn's POV

"Dad.." I whined yet again, as he was feeding me. "Where is Zan.." 

"Oh god, Cherilyn," He cut off me.... "He is busy with his meetings, he is a busy guy, understand him darling." I pouted...

He is going to be punished for this stunt. How dare he did not came to meet for one whole week. work or not he had never been like this.... He can't even stay away from me, for even a second....

"not that I believe you..." I said... "But he should have come, I had an accident afterall." My eyes glistened with tears.

And he was not there with me while I was there, not even once, he called, he did not even texted, did not replied to the texts messages I have sent him, was not there when I was discharged... As I sat in the taxi, I gritted my teeth in pure anger and annoyance...

You are gonna regret this Zander ducking king...

But I didnot knew it was me who was going to be the one who was going to regret this..

When I opened his office door, and...

He was sitting royally on his chair..

With bloody Mary on his lap..

Mary..

The one who was the hot shot cheerleader of our school.......

It can't be happening...

My head spinned as I took a hold of door...... 

"Get up from him.." I shouted at Mary. Zander was bad at expressing his feelings. But he for sure did not let anyone touch him... I was so going to kill him today. Mary looked at me rolling her eyes, as she was about to get up...

but.....

I got another wave of shock when Zander held her waist firmly, shooking his head at her.

What......

"What are you doing Zander." I hissed as my heart half shattered and other half was badly hurt.... So close to breaking....

Zander heaved a sigh... he tapped Mary's waist lightly, its a signal to get up, he always does that with me

"I am done playing with you..." He said, standing at a hand distance from me. Mary took it a que to leave. 

Wait...

Playing...

"Playing.." I wanted to shout but my words came out as nothing but whisper as my eyes reddened with tears obvious...

"Yes...." He said with his usual blank look..... "We were Children Cherilyn, I did not knew I will be tired of you. And as I am getting exposure, I came to know how fucking much I was missing." He said.

My brow creased, probably his heartless chest doe not know, but his every word, and every sentence was like a dagger to me....

Tired...

Exposure....

"What are you saying." I said.... my voice cracking, and tears now rolling free from my eyes. "Don't joke like this Zan, I... I am not liking this.... Tell me t-this instance, you are joking or I will never forgive you." I waited patiently to tell me that he was joking, or maybe, a shock before he will propose me for marriage.. I know my Zander can never do something like this to me.....

I waited..........

waited.........

and waited..........

But nothing....

"A-are you telling me we are over..." I asked, my voice muffled, hushed and done with crying....

"Yes..." He said with no remorse..

"Y-you went behind my back with M-Mary. Don't you..." I asked... My heart crying at the breaking of the whole damn wasted fifteen years. He clenched his fist but his face was as usual blank. More times then I can count, I had known when he was telling the truth and when not.... But today, it was so hard, probably because I did not understand him anymore..

Or maybe because, I was too drowned in my own emotions.

"Yes..." He said, shattering the last hope I was holding on. I came here to shout at him, to tell him that I am tired of his behaviour.

But it happened the other way...

The only difference was I would've  melted at his one sorry. I would've hugged him and said, it does not matter until you love and care for me... I would've gave him a kiss.... But he was not joking, he wanted this...

My agony turned into anger as I realized the weight of his words. My hand flew to his face before I could stop myself.

"You bastard.." I shouted a profanity for the first time in my life that too... on my Zander....

My Zander...

Not anymore....

"What did I ever lack... Did I did not gave you what you wanted... Did not I treated you right." I shouted, tears heavy in my eyes flowing like a waterfall. "Or better, maybe I was not able to fullfil your kinks.." I shouted whatever came to my mind..

"Cherilyn..." Zander retorted...

Cherilyn

Cherilyn

Where did cherry go,......

"Shut up yo pathetic person..." I shouted... "Y-you... Why.... Just give me one reason, one reason..." I pleaded

"I am tired." He said. And then and there, I knew..

I knew he was saying the truth.. because it was glistening in his eyes.... I shouted... I cried my agony... hitting him once again with my fist on his chest....

Why did this happen to me...

I had never done anything wrong....

"We are d-done t-then.." I shouted as I took out the small diary from my bag and threw it at the man I love....

How easily he moved on from me...

I can never........

I know I can never move on from me... I backed away a few steps.... And then turned around and ran...

I ran..

ran...

and ran....

How I had came here to surprise him...

And I was the one who got shocked...........

I ran...

Ran away from him... From everyone and everything..... I don't want to live here anymore....

I just don't want to live...

Zander's Pov

"She is leaving" I heard Mr. Smith Say... My head snapped towards him.

"What...." A whisper cam out...

"She is leaving Zander... She does not want to live in the same land you belong to..."  My heart stopped. "She had told me everything, she had told me that, you cheated on her, but I refuse to believe... I just simply refuse..." He knows me more than my own dad had ever know...

"Go stop her Zander..." He said. "Before its too late..." Something in me snapped, telling me to got to her... but I knew better...

Ï can't" I told him... He just sighed and left.... He was going to go to bid his daughter goodbye...

My phone pinged with a text...

Last chance Zander.... I know something is stopping you, I refuse to believe you cheated on me.... tell me please...

It was Cherry's text... my cherry..... 

She was still giving me a chance....

And I like a bloody bastard I was I did what was good, or probably the best... for her...

I sent her a pic of me and the girl I don't remember the name of, she was someone I hired to act... 

Breaking her heart one last time...

And mine...

I am happy with her hope for you too

I clicked and it was sent....

She saw it.... My heart stopped.

For whole five minutes no message came back....

but when it came

Its a goodbye then, I hope you enjoy your time with her.... as for me... I don't know if I ever will be happy from now on....

Ad I ran..... I ran and ran towards my car, with her diary in my hand...

Reaching the airport.... got out of my car.... and asked fro the flight...

But I was late.....

She'd left...

She left...

I opened the diary she gave me..... It was the memory of us.... each page with a description of me and a picture of us...

The places we visited together... our slefies and picks. My knees weekend as I read the last words on the last page... I fell on the floor...

To the love of my life, happy twenty one years of your beautiful life.... This is my gif to you.. fifteen down, more to go

She had written this for me...

this dairy was our memory.. she made it for me....

and first time in my life I let my tears flow free from my eyes..................

**************************

UNEDITED

Fun fact.... I had put most of my efforts in this book, and this is least famous.....lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 2.6K 68
Just some short stories about my favorite Ninjago couple, Jay and Nya. This book contains canon oneshots. I have a second book called "The Jaya Chro...
148K 2.3K 30
˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ in which lando norris falls for oscar piastri's sister. or an upcoming rookie joins mclaren and his sister causes a stir.
38.6K 2.7K 34
« ហឹក អ្ហឹក ៗ ខ្ញុំមិនចង់បានបែបនិងទេ ខ្ញុំចង់ឲ្យប៉ាស្រឡាញ់ខ្ញុំក្នុងនាមស្នេហាមិនមែនរវាងប៉ាកូន » « រវាងយើងទៅមិនរួចទេជុងគុក ប៉ាមិនបានគិតលើឯងលើសពីចំណងប៉...
204K 3.6K 63
Alara Mortello would do anything for her family even if it means being thrust into a marriage with the most ruthless man from their rival gang. Came...