This Love~...

By gracexmoormeier

[UNDERGOING EDITING] luke hughes, your college friend invited you to his draft party the year he was seeing i... More

playlist
hughes fam
anxiety
drafted
lake house
pink skies
ellen time
neighbor
hands tied
the archer
move in with me
article
realization
early birthday
saying goodbye
crash
mini her
haunted
again
hatred
this love
woah
fast forward
bonus chapter: first date
A/N

beach day

3.1K 27 15
By gracexmoormeier

"how can a person know everything at 18?"
—— taylor swift

i ended up waking up that morning alone in a cold bed. jack has left a note and said he had some hockey training to do with trevor and the rest of the guys and said he would call me later.

that was completely ok but i was kinda upset to wake up without him.

today i have so much to do. i have to go grocery shopping cause connor is too lazy to go, i have to run by the studio to drop off some songs we'd be working on next, i have to go to the mall to get luke a birthday present because his birthday is in a couple of days and i also have to pack cause i ended up getting a plane ticket to stay with my mom and sister in illinois for a couple weeks.

i wasn't leaving until friday, which is good cause right now it's monday, but i wouldn't be in town for luke's birthday so i have to give him his gift early.

when i woke up i decided it would be best if i just started my errands as early as possible. i got dressed and did my morning routine, deciding i should just wear leggings and an oversized t shirt. i threw my hair in a high ponytail and took some framing pieces out.

i grabbed my car keys and hopped into my car, deciding i should just drive to the studio first, then the mall, and then the grocery store last so the groceries don't spoil.

the studio is luckily only a few minutes away from my apartment so i quickly dropped everything off and then drove to the mall.

it was crowded because its  the weekend and this is one of two days kids can actually go somewhere other than school.

i decided to run to foot locker and get luke a new pair of jordan's since he's been complaining lately about how his other ones are getting old.

they were quite expensive but i'd get anything for luke, he's been such an amazing friend lately and this is only the bare minimum to express that to him.

i also decided to suprise him and give him a plane ticket to come with me to illinois for a few days before he has to start training for hockey.

i would've invited everyone but to be honest

i walked out of the mall with the bag in my hand and i drove to the nearest target because it was easier to go shopping there.

i grabbed a pack of coke instead of diet coke, i personally think it's gross, like i think girls just make it a think to convince themselves they're being healthier but it's still soda.

i grabbed some pasta and salad, as well as some fruit, being satisfied when i saw pineapple.

i checked out and brought my bags to the bar, driving home.

once i got home it was quiet so connor obviously wasn't home. he's been avoiding me since our whole blowout and i'm not mad about that.

i put our groceries away and decided to watch the hunger games because i haven't watched it in a while.

about halfway through the movie i got a call on my phone and saw it was all the hughes brothers in one facetime call.

i answered it and paused the movie.

"what do you guys want?"
"wowww, ok, delilah."
"way to treat the birthday boy."
"luke it isn't your birthday for another few days slow your role buddy."
"what are you doing right now?"
"i was just watching a movie, why?"
"great, we're picking you up, wear a bathing suit."
"what, why?"
"because we said so. we're on our way now."
"fine, fine. i hate you all. not quinn though he hasn't done anything."
"it's great to be the favorite."
"shut up, quinn. bye deli cakes."
"bye, d."
"bye, lilah."
"bye, guys."

i hung up the phone and sighed, turning my tv off and stretching for a second, waiting for my vision to regulate. i should really drink more water.

i went to my room and grabbed the first bikini i found which was a white floral bikini top with black bottoms.

i got dressed and threw a sundress on top of it grabbing a bag and throwing a towel, sunscreen, and a water bottle into it.

i put a pair of sunglasses onto my head and last my wavy hair stay down.

i kicked on a pair of sandles and sat on my couch waiting for one of the boys to text me that they were here.

jack <3

hey gorgeous we're out front

lilah <3

omw down love

i blushed at his nickname and decided to joke with him and send him a flirty nickname back. no doubt he was pink and i thought it would be funny to make him blush in front of his brothers.

i ran down the stairs and out the apartment doors seeing jacks car. no one was in the passenger seat so i opened the door and hopped in.

"hey." i said out of breath.

"you sound like you ran a marathon."
"i ran down five flights of stairs. never doing that again." i huffed and buckled my seatbelt.

"where are we going?" i asked turning around to look at luke and quinn.

"we're going to pick up a girl quinn is talking to and then we're heading to the beach where we're meeting trevor and abby."
"oooo, quinny's got a girl?"
"i know, surprisingly."
"you guys are so embarrassing." he rolled his eyes.

"how dare you speak to me that way?" i put a hand on my chest, pretending to be offended.

jack chuckled and grabbed my left hand from across the center console and intertwined our fingers.

i felt instant butterflies and my cheeks grew hot as i cleared my throat and looked out the window.

quinn and luke chuckled to each other and got lost in their own conversation. i looked over at jack while he was driving and he turned to glance at me.

he smiled and looked back at the road.

"what are you looking at?"
"nothing." i blushed as i looked away.

he brought my hand to his lips and kissed my knuckles, resting them back in my lap still keeping our fingers intertwined.

we stopped at an apartment complex about ten minutes from mine and waited for a girl to come out.

she was really pretty, brunette with hazel eyes. she was about average height so a couple inches taller than me.

she hopped into the back and greeted quinn with a hug and saying hi to jack and luke.

"hey, hun. my name's chloe, i'm so glad to meet the girl jack won't shut up about."
"oh, come on, chloe i thought you were on my side."
"eh, more or less."

i chuckled and looked at jack who had flushed cheeks.

"i'm delilah, it's great to meet you too."
"alright, let's hit the road. abby and trevor are almost there."

everyone started conversating on their own and jack and i remained quiet. i leaned my head on the window and watched the cars of people flying by.

i think it's kinda cool how right now we're all driving in the same direction but you have no idea where these people are headed.

some could be heading to change their lives while others are just trying to get home to take a well deserved nap.

as i was staring at the sky jack glanced over again and rubbed my hand with his thumb.

"what's on your pretty mind?"
"nothing. just thinking i guess."
"about?"
"my future."
"what do you want in your future?"
"i don't really know, to be honest. all i know is i like how my life is now. the idea of change is nerve wracking, you know?"
"yeah i get that. we'll talk about it more later when we're alone, yeah?"
"yeah."

a few minutes later we arrived at the beach and everyone hopped out of the car.

we spotted trevor and abby sitting in the middle of the beach and i squealed when i saw abby. she turned around and had the same reaction i did, getting up and running towards me.

we met in a hug and i laughed as we tackled each other to the ground.

"i missed you so much!"
"oh my god, me too! we have so much to catch up on."
"we really do. girls date soon?"
"duh." we laughed. "chloe, you wanna go out with me and abby sometime on a girls day?"
"uh, yes. i've been needing to get away from these boys."
"for real."

i greeted trevor with a hug and we all sat down catching up on how life has been recently, acting like we hadn't all seen each other a couple days ago.

"del come with me in the water." abby said taking her shorts and shirt off.

i stood up and took off my dress, trying my best to ignore the stare i got from jack as abby and i walked over to the ocean.

"jack is totally checking you out, delilah."
"oh please did you see trevor? he is literally drooling." we laughed.

"hey, i'm really sorry about what happened at the party. i should've stayed with you it was wrong of me to leave you for some guy i didn't even know."
"it's ok, abby. you were drunk out of your mind if i tried stopping you you probably would've went anyway."i shrugged.

"i know, but still. i'm really lucky that luke, jack and trevor came when they did or i would've been so guilty. jack really cares about you. the way he took care of you that night, trevor told me. he hasn't done anything like that with a girl before. he's really only had one night stands but even those were occasional. he had a girlfriend about a year back but she was so horrible to him, only used him for the money and fame. he was so messed up after it but once luke started talking about you his whole mood switched. luke would send our groupchat snaps of you and him or funny tiktok drafts you made with your friends and you could tell jack was only looking at you. then he met you and it's like his whole world changed. you're so lucky to have a guy like that, delilah. even if you guys aren't dating."

i looked back at jack to see him tossing around a football with luke and trevor while quinn and chloe were talking in the sand.

i smiled at jack and looked down at my feet.

"yeah.. i am arent i?"
"sooo has anything happened with him recently or?"
"he's been really flirty lately. he keeps calling me pretty or gorgeous but like a nickname not a compliment and a couple days ago i got into it with my brother so he went back home with me and we watched movies until we both fell asleep together. i know it's kinda early but is it wrong for me to want him to kinda get on with it and ask me out?"
"no. it's been a month already, you guys clearly like each other it shouldn't be too much to ask for him to take you on a date."
"yeah..."
"they're coming our way."

she said looking at the boys who were walking our way.

"oh no."
"hey girls." jack and trevor said.

"hey."
"watcha talkin about?"
"delilah's love life."
"that is non existent."
"she wants a guy to ask her out but he hasn't grown the balls to do so yet so she's patiently waiting while he sits there and does nothing." abby said looking at jack.

"sucks for him." trevor said unknowing that she was talking about jack, "he'd be a loser to lose a girl like you, right jack?"
"what- oh yeah." he said scratching the back of his neck.

"have you girls gone in the water yet."
"no. it's cold."
"well you have to go all the way in or you won't get used to it."
"i'm fine." abby said shrugging.

trevor and jack gave each other a look and looked back at us with smirks on their faces.

"uh oh. run!" abby shouted and she and i ran away from the boys.

even though i played many sports when i was younger i still have short legs so they don't carry me super far.

i felt two hands grab my waist and lift me over his shoulder.

"put me down, jack!" i laughed.

"no can do, gorgeous." he chuckled and walked into the water.

"jack please don't drop me, please-"
"oops?" he said and threw me into the water.

i rose back to the surface and wiped the water from my eyes.

"oh it's so on." i said splashing him.

he splashed me back and soon enoch it became water wars with us. i jumped on his back and tried to dunk him in but he just ended up falling backwards which ended with us both getting thrown in.

once i got back up i looked and saw no sign of jack.

"jack?" then two hands gripped my waist and turned me around.

i came face to face with jack who just had his classic hughes smile.

i smiled back and that was when i realized how close we were. our bodies were pressed against each others and our faces were mere inches away from each other's.

i looked into his eyes as they looked brighter with the setting sun and watched as they flicked down to my lips.

i returned the favor and looked at his lips, placing my hand in his chest while he swept my wet hair behind my ear before cupping my cheek.

we began leaning in and just as our eyes closed and we could feel each others breath on our lips we were startled by a squealing abby and a laughing trevor.

we pulled back and took a step away from each other, turning to see trevor throwing abby into the ocean not too far away from us.

"shit." jack murmured under his breath and i gave him a sad smile.

he smiled back and lightly splashed some water at me. i lightly chuckled and sighed as our long awaited moment was ruined.

"we'll finish this later." jack whispered in my ear.

shivers went down my spine as he swam away, leaving a shocked me with bright pink cheeks.

man he's making me crazy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.2K 412 15
The Weathers and the Hughes have been family friends for years. Jocelyn grew up with the three Hughes boys, although her closest bond seemed to be wi...
96.3K 1.3K 40
It's the most horrible time of the year for Miracle Zegras, especially when hearthrob, boy next door and-her childhood crush-comes home for the holid...
145K 1.4K 63
I love the Hughes brothers, you love the Hughes brothers, we all love the Hughes brothers. (all imagines will be female pov.)
50.1K 681 20
INWHICH a girl meets a boy at a hockey game and he watches her musical OR INWHICH Colton Ryder meets Luke Hughes who soon sways her heart at her mus...