nursing a broken heart | heej...

By luna_nova7

When nurse Sim Jaeyun is left with insecurities and a broken heart, Lee Heeseung comes to turn his world upri... More

1화
2화
3화
4화
5화
6화
7화
8화
10화
11화
12화
13화
14화
15화
16화
17화
18화
19화
20화
21화
22화
23화
24화
25화
26화
27화
28화
29화

9화

1.4K 79 88
By luna_nova7

‎♡‧₊˚✧ ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ✧˚₊‧♡

Jaeyun wasn't having it every time Mr. Cha reminded him of his upcoming "meet up" with Lee Heeseung. He particularly enjoyed teasing Jaeyun because he would always emphasize how they'd be going as friends. Friends.

Yeah, Heeseung might believe that's what Jaeyun wants but Mr. Cha saw right through him, he knew Jaeyun for over a year now, so of course he noticed how the tiniest glint of hope shone in Jaeyun's eyes.

But that's all there was to it. That glint of hope disappeared after just a few seconds because he was immediately reminded of him. Which made Jaeyun saddened and Mr. Cha as well.

Mr. Cha was just glad that it was over now and that Jaeyun would be healing sooner. He knew how much Jaeyun liked him and how he struggled to always give him what he wanted. Even when he had to get up early to work the next day or when he wasn't feeling too well, he always complied.

So on Saturday, Jaeyun called Sunghoon over to spend the day together again, and of course, tell him about the upcoming event he was invited to.

It looked like Jaeyun hadn't had a cleaning attack again this week so Sunghoon was grateful he felt better. Either way, after all that cleaning a week back the place still looked good as new.

"You called just in time Jakeuu, I was just about to text Sunoo to meet up. You stole me away from
him," Sunghoon wiped an imaginary tear from
his eye.

Jaeyun laughed, "stop being so dramatic! You see him everyday, just for today I needed to have my best friend to tell him all the crazy news. And believe me, they are crazy."

Sunghoon popped open a can of soda and started eating popcorn.

"So, what happened? It isn't about him, right? He hasn't tried to contact you again, right?"

Jaeyun shook his head, "definitely not. It's got to do with, um, a certain guy that I stitched up some weeks back..."

Sunghoon's face was of pure joy.

"You finally gave him your number, didn't you?!?! Ah, I knew you'd bend at some point!!! He grew on you, didn't he?! Didn't he?!" Sunghoon giggled.

Jaeyun blushed a little.

"It wasn't like that! Gosh, you jump to conclusions way too fast!"

Sunghoon laughed loudly.

"But you did give him your number."

Jaeyun was cornered.

"Well, yes," Sunghoon cackled, "But! It wasn't like that. He invited me to this event his company has every special date where they organize fun activities and a dinner afterwards. He said we could go as friends and that he hoped we could get to know each other better, and at first I declined."

Sunghoon sighed disappointedly. "Why am I not surprised?"

Jaeyun had a stern face, "well I work on Fridays, he knows but he still went and asked me. I wanted to use that as an excuse to kindly say no, but Mr. Cha suddenly appeared and said there would be some redesigning happening on the second level that exact day. Meaning that I have the afternoon off and therefore I had no excuse to decline Heeseung's offer..."

Sunghoon laughed very loudly at Jaeyun's last statement.

"Come on Jakeuu, if you had actually not wanted to go, you would have found some way to say no. You actually, actually want to go, don't ya?"

Jaeyun squirmed in his seat. He sometimes forgot how well Sunghoon knew him. He sometimes wondered if Sunghoon knew him better than he knew himself.

"Whatever. It's not a date and he knows it. End of the story."

"Oh, but who knows? It could only be the very beginning Jakeu~"

"Nope. Not happening again, not anytime soon."

Sunghoon stopped his teasing then. He knew what Jaeyun meant and he understood, but he still hoped he wouldn't close his heart to new people due to that one bad experience.

"Well, they do say that after the storm comes the rainbow. And I've been thinking it could be true. I mean, it was for Sunoo and I. We did not get along but right after everything that happened, we happened."

Jaeyun took this opportunity and deviated the attention from himself to Sunghoon.

"So, what exactly happened again? My memory isn't so good right this moment."

Sunghoon looked at Jaeyun with a tired expression.

"Your memory's not failing you, don't worry. I just never told you about it."

Jaeyun pouted, "Sunghoonieeee, come onnn! Why won't you share it with me? I need to know. I need to!"

"I'll tell you, but only if you promise something to me."

"Anything!"

Sunghoon took a second to think what he was going to say.

"Let yourself be loved correctly. Don't auto sabotage something good that happens to you romantically. You deserve to be loved right."

Jaeyun wasn't so sure he could keep the promise, but he really wanted to know the story behind Sunghoon and Sunoo's current relationship. So he agreed.

"You know how there's people that live in the college dorms, right? Like myself. Well, specifically for us that live there, there is a gym with it's own private showers and laundry rooms were you pay like 500 won per cycle.

"I used to go every week night to the gym for at least an hour of exercise. One of those days though, I went early in the morning because I wasn't going to be free at night to exercise.

Flashback Sunghoon pov

The gym was way less busy than it was during the night. I entered the locker room to change when I saw none other than Kim Sunoo walking out of a door I had never wondered into before.

He noticed me right away since I was the only other soul there.

"Park Sunghoon? W-what are you doing here?"

Kim Sunoo stuttering? He never hesitated to speak to me harshly, why would he be stuttering?

I realized I only had a black skin-tight tank top and my pants on.

Suddenly I was self conscious. I quickly pulled on a sweatshirt.

"I came to exercise, of course. Are you here to exercise as well? You're not exactly wearing the right clothes for it."

Kim Sunoo regained his composure.

"It's none of your business, Park Sunghoon."

And before I could say anything else, he had walked out and away.

I went on with my day but weeks went by and I couldn't get Sunoo out of my head. His flustered self had somehow seemed... endearing.

It was scary for me. I was so sure I disliked the guy. I had high standards. But then again, it's not like Kim Sunoo isn't attractive. Or handsome. Or smart. Or endearing.

It shook me to my core, but I needed to test myself. I went to they gym during the early morning once again weeks later and he was there again. But this time he didn't hesitate to diss me directly.

"Seriously, I thought I had gotten rid of you," he said.

"You know, everyone else believes that you're this angel that never mistreats people but I know it's all just a mask."

He seemed very taken aback by that.

"Are you implying I'm fake?!" He said clearly shocked. "Well, I am so sorry to break it to you, but I'm actually only like this with you! Everybody else treats me nicely from the start, you're the only insufferable being that makes my life harder every single time we meet. Is it fun? Am I entertaining? Because there are many, many things way more important to me that I could be doing right now instead of hearing you talk trash about me to my face. I don't need this, Park Sunghoon."

Halfway throughout his speech, Kim Sunoo, the bubbly, happy pill, always smiling Kim Sunoo had started tearing up. He almost didn't notice but after I just stared at him he wiped his face and hung his head low.

"Kim Sunoo..."

He cut me off though.

"Just leave me alone. I'm not going to let you treat me like this anymore, I'm so sick and tired of it," he walked in my direction to leave but I stood in front of him.

"Yah! Move over! What part of no did you not understand?!"

I don't know what came over me, but seeing him so sad and angry at me for everything made me feel so bad my stomach felt heavy.

So I hugged him. He was frozen for a few seconds, maybe in hopes that I would come to my senses and let him go. But the truth is, I had already come to my senses, and I wasn't letting go of him.

"I'm sorry. I was a complete ass towards you for my own stupid ideas and never gave you a chance to be yourself around me. I'm sorry, Kim Sunoo."

It took him another five seconds to hug me back, but he did. Once he had wrapped me with his arms he started sobbing. I caressed his hair and back without really thinking about it and he cried even harder. Until a few minutes later he calmed down and finally we let go.

"Are you... ahem! Feeling better?" I said very awkwardly. He nodded; his face was very red from crying and his eyes were clearly puffed.

"Did you have breakfast yet?"

He almost whipped his head to look at me but he quickly looked away.

"N-no, I just had some fruit. Why?"

"Let's go eat, hm? Is it okay with you? Do you have an hour to spare?"

I knew I was being weird, especially after how we used to treat each other. But I decided I would change the way I treat him and keep an open mind.

Because I knew that I didn't dislike Kim Sunoo. I just hated the way he behaved around me and how different it was from how he treated everyone else.

"Why would I say yes?"

He was still skeptical, but the only one to blame was me. So I was the only one who could make things right.

"Because it's my treat, because I made you cry and because I was a jerk. Let me make it up to you, hm? Kim Sunoo?"

He was definitely weirded out, but true to the nice person he always was, he wasn't rude or sarcastic.

"Fine. But you better choose a good place. I'm starving."

He was still just half a meter away from me.

"Will do. Let's go, we'll take my car."

I reached for his hand and started walking out of the gym. His eyes went wide with the unexpected hand holding but he didn't try to free from it.

"Y-yah! Park Sunghoon! What do you think you're doing?!"

"Walking us to my car. Why?"

He was very flustered.

And it was again endearing.

"But isn't holding hands a little too much? I can walk on my own..."

"I know."

He didn't refute anymore and I'm very sure I felt his hand squeeze mine at some point.

End of Flashback & Sunghoon pov

"So basically, he called me out for being a jerk and I made amends with him by taking him out to eat. After that I kept on looking for him and courted him after we got more comfortable with each other. The rest is history," Sunghoon finished telling Jaeyun.

"Woah! You really were such a jerk to him, huh? And he forgave you so easily too! I would have thought you'd have had to beg many times before he even said yes to eating with you," Jaeyun exclaimed.

"Well, he is an angel. I was the bad guy in my own story, so that's why I'm telling you not to be like me. Be open minded Jakeu, let yourself be loved the way you deserve."

Jaeyun nodded. He was glad to have such a wise friend, but he wasn't going to feed Sunghoon's ego further.

"Don't worry, I'll learn from your mistakes," Jaeyun muttered.

‎♡‧₊˚✧ ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ✧˚₊‧♡

How I love a good enemies to lovers ㅎㅎㅎ

If anyone knows about a good enemies to lovers enhaff, please tell me about it!

I've run out of things to read and I can't find anything that amuses me that I haven't already read like five times 🥹

Once again, thank you all for reading, commenting and voting!

I have a surprise for when my first heejake ff Sweet gets to 100k 🤭

Later bubs!

-nova<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.2K 4.1K 44
Heeseung is the top student of his class and is very proud of it. But the day he blatantly gets rejected by his crush, he realizes grades aren't ever...
32.2K 1.2K 39
💭🎀 | jakehoon ౨ৎ) 𝘚𝘪𝘮 𝘑𝘢𝘦𝘺𝘶𝘯, also known as Jake lives a pretty miserable life. When at home he has to deal with his physically and verbal...
47.7K 2K 28
Love is in the air for Enhypen - with the exception of Ni-Ki, everyone's coupled up (and it doesn't matter to Ni-Ki as he's the center of the fan uni...
251K 13.3K 50
❝Don't play with my feelings Lee Heeseung.❞ I painfully stopped my voice from breaking as I looked away not wanting to see that man's face. ▫️▫️▫️▫️▫...