THE JOURNEY OF TRUE LOVE ❀️RO...

By sahana_2204

😍Meet Roja & Arjun - Two Sweethearts Hopelessly In Love With Each Other! Although Their Story Looks Like Som... More

❀ Introduction ❀
❀ Characters ❀
❀ Meet Roja ❀
❀ Meet Arjun ❀
❀ First Impression ❀
❀ Plan Gone Wrong ❀
❀ New Opportunities ❀
❀ Upma And Some Love ❀
❀ Boon ? Or Bane? ❀
❀ Realisation ❀
❀ A Second Chance ❀
❀ Twins ❀
❀ Recognition ❀
❀ Priceless Gifts ❀
❀ An Important Decision ❀
❀ Destiny's Decree ❀
❀ Care ❀
❀ The Murder Attempt ❀
❀ Promise! ❀
❀ The Surgery ❀
❀ Powerful Words ❀
❀ Hidden Secrets ❀
❀ The Painful Past ❀
❀ Reunited ❀
❀ The Unexpected Visitor ❀
❀ The Face Off ❀
❀ Missed You ❀
❀ A Memorable Day Out ❀
❀ Happily Engaged ❀
❀ On The Dance Floor! ❀
❀ Hues Of Love ❀
❀ Two Souls One Knot ❀
❀ Moral Support ❀
❀ The Gulab Jamun Philosophy ❀
❀ The Mission Begins ❀
❀ Trouble Brewing? ❀
❀ Shaken But Determined ❀
❀ Destination : New Delhi! ❀
❀ A Blessing In Disguise ❀
❀ Anything For You ❀
❀ The Court Hearing ❀
❀ Bon Voyage! ❀
❀ Nenjae Nenjae Nee Engae Naanum Angae ❀
❀ Heartfelt Gratitude ~ From Author ❀
❀ Neeyum Naanum Sernthe Sellum Nerame! ❀

❀ A Change Of Heart ❀

158 8 16
By sahana_2204

Dr. Mehra was rendered completely speechless, upon learning the entire truth which he had no idea of. He slowly turned towards Rojun and Naveen. Arjun still stood as if nothing had happened, maintaining his calm demeanour, while Roja looked at her beloved with eyes full of pride...

Mrs Mehra's voice pierced through the pin drop silence in the room.

"What are you going to do now, Dr. Mehra?"

That question hit Dr. Mehra hard.

He collapsed on the sofa silently with his hands on his head. Rojun felt bad to see him like that. However, Mrs. Mehra told -

"Let him feel for his actions. He deserves to."

Just then Dr. Mehra's car pulled up and little 5 year old Aryan who had gone for his drawing class had returned. As the driver parked the car, Aryan ran home and hugged his mom which was his daily ritual

"Ma, I'm back!"
He told cutely while Mrs. Mehra planted a butterfly kiss on his forehead lovingly. Rojun smiled at each other seeing the sweet bond between the mom and the son.

Subsequently he went and sat next to his downcast dad and wrapped his small arms around Dr. Mehra's shoulder.

"Dadaaaa..." (Father....!)
He called out affectionately and kissed his dad on the cheek. Dr. Mehra cracked a small smile.

Just then he noticed the guests at his house.
The small boy immediately seemed to recognise Arjun.

He immediately went and hugged Arjun tightly.

"Arjun Uncle!" 😍

He exclaimed happily.

Arjun melted as he felt Aryan's tiny arms around his waist.
He lifted him up and held Aryan in his arms.

Dr. Mehra was stunned to see Aryan bonding effortlessly with Arjun and even Roja. The little boy seemed to know Arjun really well.

After a few mins Mrs Mehra sent Aryan to shower and change. As obedient as he was, he immediately obeyed his mom and went to his room. Before he did he waved hands to Rojun and soon disappeared into his room

Watching Aryan leave, Mrs. Mehra smiled at him. She turned towards her hubby and affirmed

"Today, if you have a son who lovingly calls you dada each time he comes from outside, then it's only because of this Dr. Arjun standing here. Now tell me Gautham, should you do this grave injustice to him?"

Dr. Mehra had absolutely no answer to Mrs. Mehra's piercing questions.

"You must be wondering, how our boy knows Arjun, considering that he was just a newborn when Arjun operated him.

Yes, I told him. When our boy was a little grown to understand basic things, I told him that he was born with a life threatening heart defect at birth and that a doctor named Arjun was the one who saved his life and our hopes. I showed him Arjun's pic as well so that he knows who his saviour is. I did this so that he doesn't develop any baseless hatred for Arjun in future, because of you."

Mrs. Mehra finished.

Dr. Mehra silently walked up to Arjun and spoke after a long pause, unable to meet his eyes.

"My wife is asking me so many questions, and I don't have an answer for even one of it. But I have a question for you Arjun, just one question, for which I hope you can give me an answer."

"What's it, Dr. Mehra?"

"My five year old young lad knows who saved him as a newborn, who operated him when he was barely a couple of days old, and who is saviour is. If he knows this at this young age, then, don't I, as his father, deserve to know the truth about his health condition and his saviour?

My wife told that she bottled up the truth within her for 5 long years, just because you asked her to. Why Arjun?"

"Dr. Mehra, I know you don't like me. I'm one doctor you hate in the whole community of doctors. For whatsoever reasons. If you know that I operated your son, I thought you may become more angry because of some unwanted inferiority complex creeping in. Your son needed regular monitoring till he was 3, and as the doctor who operated him, I did it.

I prioritised your son's health and feared that if you know the truth, you may stop me from doing that, thus jeopardising the health of Aryan. I didn't want his health to be the sacrifice for baseless hatred and jealousy. Hence, I told Mrs. Mehra to hide this truth from you."

Dr Mehra sighed.

"Ultimately, my baseless hatred and jealousy for you prevented me from having my right as a father. What a stupid person, blinded by jealousy I have been so far! What's the cause of this jealousy? I really can't point out one valid reason for it.
But one thing is for sure Arjun. Had you told me the truth 5 years ago, this realisation would have dawned on me at that time itself.
I have been blind for 5 years Arjun. Blinded by anger, blinded by hatred, and blinded by jealousy. These had kept my conscience blind, it kept me a blind father to my son"

Arjun : I'm really sorry, Dr Mehra!

Dr. Mehra : Why are you being sorry, Arjun? You aren't the one to be sorry. I have to be sorry. I have to feel sorry for myself for being such a loser, for not understanding a good soul like you, for hating you and hurting you for no reason.
You have been so concerned about my son all the time, whereas what have I done as father? I have been so self centred and full of self pride that I didn't even know that my son suffered from a grave illness.
I have failed Arjun. I have failed as a doctor, as a father and above all I have failed as a human being. I can only beg a pardon from you and your family at the moment, for all the distress I have caused you all. Please forgive me, Arjun & Roja."

Dr. Mehra was truly repenting and everyone could see that. Rojun whole heartedly accepted his apology and was happy for the change of heart he had. But the happiest of them was Mrs. Mehra, ofcourse, evident from the wide smile she had, from one side of the face to the other.

Dr Mehra : I can't believe that being a doctor, I have stooped so low for money. I misused the high posting that the medical council has given me. I feel ashamed of that.
I'm going to set things right! Enough of all the injustice I have done! I will stand only with justice from now on.

Arjun, Roja and Naveen were very happy to hear Dr. Mehra speaking this

Arjun : So will you help us get my license back, Dr. Mehra?

Dr. Mehra : Ofcourse Arjun! It's a sin to deprive your right of practising. You're a noble and a honest doctor. Medical fraternity needs you!
I'll come to court and confess everything. Although this was Ashok's plan, I'll confess all that I did hand in glove with him. That's the least I can do, to rectify all the mistakes I have done.

Roja : That's so kind of you, Dr. Mehra!
Thank you so much!

Dr. Mehra : Please don't thank me and make me feel more bad. All of you must have lunch at my place and then only go. It's my order.

Mrs Mehra : Yes, absolutely! We need to celebrate my husband's change of heart and the end of the 5 year long jealousy that he had for you, Arjun. There's no better way to celebrate than with a good feast. You must taste our local cuisine.

Seeing their insistence, Rojun eventually gave in. Plus when Naveen's tummy let out a loud growl, they knew what they'd to do. ;)

The lunch was a spread of many dishes.
As they were newly weds, the Mehras insisted that they feed each other while they cheered loudly. Rojun took turns to feed each other while the Mehras watched them with happiness.

After a delicious hearty lunch, complete with Delhi's traditional sweet and lassi, Rojun and Naveen bade goodbye to Dr. Mehra, Mrs. Mehra and ofcourse little Aryan, who was after all the cause of everything. The little boy bonded with Rojun so well in those couple of hours that he had no heart to let them go

Arjun : Dr. Mehra, I'll go to Chennai and discuss what has to be done legally, with my younger brother Ashwin, who's a lawyer and then will revert back to you. Thank...

Before Arjun could say anything further, Dr. Mehra hugged him tightly.

"I should be the one who should be thankful to you all my life, Arjun. Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart, for saving our everything. Aryan is our everything, our sun, our moon, the apple of our eyes, our precious treasure. Our whole world revolves around him. Thank you for saving our bundle of joy, Arjun.
In a way, I'm glad that all these mishaps happened. The one best outcome of me teaming up with Ashok to terminate your license is me knowing the big truth about my son, and about you. I promise that you'll get back your license soon, Arjun!"

Roja : You're the main reason for this to happen. Thank you, Mrs Mehra!

Mrs Mehra : It's nothing compared to what Arjun did for us, 5 years ago. It's not even gratitude, it's my duty as a wife, to make sure my husband is on the right path. 😊

Beaming with happiness, Rojun and Naveen left the Mehra Mansion, promising to visit again soon!

———————————————————

"Paah, Inniki nadanthatha ellam nenachu paaka kanavu mathri irukku la sir?"

Roja asked Arjun wistfully, whilst kneeling on his shoulder, in their room that night. Both were sitting in the bed reminiscing what an eventful day it had been.

"Unakku mattoma Roja..Enakkum than! Ippdilam nadakum nu Naa konjam kooda ethir paakala. Appdiye brahmippa irukku! Naa Enniko etho pannathu, Inniki kai kudukuthu"

"Chummava sir sonnanga, Namma oruthar ku nallathu panna athu ethavthu oru naal ethavthu oru roobathula Namakku thirumba varum nu. Atha Inniki than Naa kankooda paathen sir!

Delhi varapo nambikkai illama than vanthen, aana Ippo manasu muluka santhosham than irukku. Intha santhoshatha Namma kudumbathode share panna Avanga evlo santhosha paduvanga!"

Roja said enthusiastically dialling the number on her phone.

"Hey Roja! Iru iru! Ithellam phone la solra matter ah. Naalaike Namma Chennai poi Antha santhoshamana vishyatha avangaluku oru surprise ah sonna eppdi irukkum..?" 🤩

"Adada! Super ah irukkum sir. Ithu Enakku thonama poche!"

"Ippovavthu nambu Rose'u! Naa unna vida arivaali nu..." 😉

"Cycle gap la ennaiyave asinga paduthringala. Ungalaaa..."

Roja punched him on his nose playfully.
He rubbed his nose which looked like a tomato and then burst out into laughter.
The room was filled with their happy giggles.

"Sari rose uh! Naalaiku morning 11 o clock flight laye ticket poda solliten Naveen ah. Ippo Namma thoongalama...?"

"Thoongalame...." 😁

Within moments, Rojun were together inside the blanket, for their much needed sleep, ready to fly back home the next day!

To be continued.
Thanks for reading ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...